Obama Bypasses Congress and Bans the Confederate Battle Flag

Well it depends on your definition of 'liberal'- they certainly were not 'Conservatives'.

The Tories were political conservatives who wanted to keep the status quo.
The Americans who drew up the Bill of Rights were certainly liberals
Liberals, yes. Are you claiming modern liberals live by the same ideals as Jefferson and Franklin? Do you support armed revolution against an unreasonable, tyrannical authoritarian government?

Neither Jefferson or Franklin wrote the Bill of Rights- you should read up on the Constitution.

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it say an armed revolution against the Constitutionally elected government of the United States is an acceptable way of changing the government of the United States. Both Jefferson and Franklin supported the concept of the United States Constitution.

The Bill of Rights of course was adopted as part of the U.S. Constitution with the support of George Washington and James Madison.

And while George Washington was President- he put down an 'armed revolution' against what the instigators considered to be an unreasonable tyrannical authoritarian government.

British soldiers weren't traitors to their country.
They enforced a tyrannical rule over innocent people and killed thousands of Americans. A few decades later, they killed thousands more Americans in the War of 1812. Your selective memory is purely political and not based on fact.

Whoa! This is a new twist! Soldiers of other countries who fight for their country are traitors, but soldiers of America who do the same thing are patriots!

Yep- that is his position.

Whoa! This is a new twist! Soldiers of other countries who fight for their country are traitors, but soldiers of America who do the same thing are patriots!
2mms5jn.jpg

Interesting that you call someone a traitor who was serving their "country", yet you love soldiers who attack the United States.

Interesting how you can't reply to a post without lying.

Did you just say "You're going to bet that "oral history" is accurate?" Wtf? Where the hell did THAT come from? Are you drinking or shooting up? If you can't follow the conversation just stop posting…you are making a fool of yourself.

And your opinion on what I bring up is of NO consequence. You can interpret it any way you wish. And if I departed in the face of your "calling me " on something it ust have been because you weren't making any sense; just as you aren't making any sense now.
Embarrassed because you brought up oral history? You should be. While it exists, it's inaccurate. If, indeed, .

You are the one who should be embarressed because you are just trolling.

Here is what you claimed:

You think history began with writing? Interesting. IIRC, it began with the development of both agriculture and domestication of animals.

What kind of 'history' existed before writing? Oral History.

You have gone from attacking by claiming they should that history began to writing- to attacking someone for talking about 'oral history'.

What kind of 'history' do you think we should pay attention to- since you discount both written- and oral history?

Moorelloyd, you knew this is a lie when you posted it, didn't you? It's amazing how many people will believe this kind of crap when it favors their POV! This is just an update on one of those chain Emails I received during the Bush admin and the Iraq war that said our troops were banned from praying before going on a mission. And another that said Democrats are trying to get all crosses removed from graves at national cemeteries. And it is believed! Good grief! Do you think most Americans are THAT stupid, that you insult us with that pathetic crap?
Are the flags banned or not?

No flags are banned in the United States.

The OP is a lie.

I don't know if there is a local ban, but there is NO BAN by Obama. No XO. It's a lie!

President Obama Signs Executive Order Banning Confederate Flag-Fiction!
Calm down. Since when did President Obama stop being the Commander in Chief? Are you saying President Obama couldn't or wouldn't reverse the ban if he wanted to do so?

Riddle me this- is DW capable of telling the difference between
  1. President Obama 'banning' a flag and
  2. President Obama not 'banning a flag'
Because he doesn't appear to be able to do so.

The US government is removing, 150 years later, the battle flag of the traitors to the nation? And they have a problem with this?

It would appear losing, after causing 650,000 deaths, has a price. The confederate states of dipshittia should have thought of the consequences before starting it. They're lucky they weren't made to take down every confederate flag in 1865 and eat them.

Non issue.
These men stood side by side and fought and died for their nation and what they felt were their constitutional rights. Guess we must ban British flag from graves in USA of those troops who died in Revolutionary War and War of 1812. Great Britain did not ban slavery until 1831. Guess British flag is a symbol of hate?

You know, if after the civil war started the entire south had said "we don't care about slaves, here we are freeing them all right now" I would say yes they were fighting for something more noble than defending an economy built on slavery. They didn't and they weren't. Read up on how blacks fighting for the North were treated when captured by southern soldiers. Think Isis.

England or any other foreign entity is a Red Herring and not worthy of comment.
It was not all about slavery. Lincoln even said as much. It was a constitutional crisis. "Could the states leave the Union after ratification? Was it a binding contract?" Slavery was put into the popular history after communist Carl Sandburg wrote his biography of Lincoln.

Love the Cons historical revisionism.

The Confederate Slave states attempted to secede to protect their 'god given' states rights to own human property.

They even warned prior to the election that they would secede if Lincoln was elected- because they thought he would try to ban slavery

The North was not in the war to end slavery- but it did.
The South tried to secede to protect slavery- but ended up destroying its own slave society.
The revisionist history came with Sandburg.

The revisionist history comes from slavery apologists.\

Love the Cons historical revisionism.

The Confederate Slave states attempted to secede to protect their 'god given' states rights to own human property.

They even warned prior to the election that they would secede if Lincoln was elected- because they thought he would try to ban slavery

The North was not in the war to end slavery- but it did.
The South tried to secede to protect slavery- but ended up destroying its own slave society

The U.S. was founded by liberals.

The confederacy was formed to ensure they could maintain four million people in slavery in perpetuity
Nice bending of history. The only similarity between "liberals" then and "liberals" now is that liberals then would be revolting against the authoritarian assholes who call themselves liberals now.

Well it depends on your definition of 'liberal'- they certainly were not 'Conservatives'.

The Tories were political conservatives who wanted to keep the status quo.
Your a Marxist dipstick. Ok, "America bad, America bad, America mean Ol racist, imperialist nation." That what they taught you in school mind sponge?

You are a slavery loving racist asshole who hates America and hates that Liberals insisted on a Bill of Rights in our Constitution.

... I am sorry if I was not clear to you. ....
Apology accepted. Next time, if you're talking about the OP, quote the OP, not me, before calling someone a liar.
Moorelloyd, you knew this is a lie when you posted it, didn't you? It's amazing how many people will believe this kind of crap when it favors their POV! This is just an update on one of those chain Emails I received during the Bush admin and the Iraq war that said our troops were banned from praying before going on a mission. And another that said Democrats are trying to get all crosses removed from graves at national cemeteries. And it is believed! Good grief! Do you think most Americans are THAT stupid, that you insult us with that pathetic crap?
I don't know if there is a local ban, but there is NO BAN by Obama. No XO. It's a lie!

Wow! I must have really gotten under your skin somewhere (not on this thread, but another or another forum. PH? What name did you go by?) for you to be not only so pissed off at me but to tell so many lies about me. Please quote me where I claimed Jefferson or Franklin wrote the Bill of Rights? Please cite any lies you are claiming I've told instead of just being a low-life troll who talks behind other people's backs. Please tell me if the Confederate flag is banned from VA cemeteries. (Hint: It is).
Neither Jefferson or Franklin wrote the Bill of Rights- you should read up on the Constitution.

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it say an armed revolution against the Constitutionally elected government of the United States is an acceptable way of changing the government of the United States. Both Jefferson and Franklin supported the concept of the United States Constitution.

The Bill of Rights of course was adopted as part of the U.S. Constitution with the support of George Washington and James Madison.

And while George Washington was President- he put down an 'armed revolution' against what the instigators considered to be an unreasonable tyrannical authoritarian government.

The OP is a lie.
BTW, I posted about the flag being banned from VA cemeteries. You're either lying or have a reading comprehension problem to say otherwise.

Wow! I must have really gotten under your skin somewhere (not on this thread, but another or another forum. PH? What name did you go by?) for you to be not only so pissed off at me but to tell so many lies about me. Please quote me where I claimed Jefferson or Franklin wrote the Bill of Rights? Please cite any lies you are claiming I've told instead of just being a low-life troll who talks behind other people's backs. Please tell me if the Confederate flag is banned from VA cemeteries. (Hint: It is).

The OP is a lie.
BTW, I posted about the flag being banned from VA cemeteries. You're either lying or have a reading comprehension problem to say otherwise.
Wrong.

The ‘confederate’ flag isn’t ‘banned’ anywhere, that’s a lie.

Citizens are at liberty to display a ‘confederate’ flag anywhere they so desire, including a grave located in a DVA cemetery.

Government won’t display ‘confederate’ flags in a DVA cemetery as a matter of policy, and appropriately so, where government refraining from doing so is perfectly Constitutional, in no way manifesting as a ‘ban.’

Wrong.

The ‘confederate’ flag isn’t ‘banned’ anywhere, that’s a lie......Government won’t display ‘confederate’ flags in a DVA cemetery as a matter of policy, and appropriately so, where government refraining from doing so is perfectly Constitutional, in no way manifesting as a ‘ban.’
Nice doublespeak. You must be a Democrat. ;)

Veterans Affairs quietly bans the Confederate flag at cemeteries it runs

..and yet, anyone with the slightest common sense knows that is a hoax:

FALSE: Obama Bans Confederate Flag Through Executive Order

Of course, maybe the banning took place under the radar while Jade Helm was taking over Texas....

Wrong.

The ‘confederate’ flag isn’t ‘banned’ anywhere, that’s a lie......Government won’t display ‘confederate’ flags in a DVA cemetery as a matter of policy, and appropriately so, where government refraining from doing so is perfectly Constitutional, in no way manifesting as a ‘ban.’
Nice doublespeak. You must be a Democrat. ;)

Veterans Affairs quietly bans the Confederate flag at cemeteries it runs
Your own link points out the very limited nature of the ban!

From your link:
"ban flying of Confederate flags from fixed flagpoles"

..and yet, anyone with the slightest common sense knows that is a hoax:

FALSE: Obama Bans Confederate Flag Through Executive Order

Of course, maybe the banning took place under the radar while Jade Helm was taking over Texas....
Thanks for the backpedal and the Jade Helm derail (something else I called bullshit on).

The EO part is bullshit. The fact the Obama administration has been pushing for CSA flag bans for months is true. Also true is the fact Obama's VA quietly slid this ban into action.

Are you denying this too?

Wow! I must have really gotten under your skin somewhere (not on this thread, but another or another forum. PH? What name did you go by?) for you to be not only so pissed off at me but to tell so many lies about me. .

LOL- you post your crap in other forums too? I just enjoy pointing out your hypocrisy and lies. Clearly that bothers you- so that is a win-win.

When I called you a liar it was in response to your latest in this post- and response
Vandle:

DW(YOU) Interesting that you call someone a traitor who was serving their "country", yet you love soldiers who attack the United States.

Note- Vandle never made any claim he supported or 'loved' soldiers who 'attack the United States'- but you lied and claimed that he 'love soldiers who attack the United States'

You lied.

I pointed out your lie.

And that made you pissy.

LOL

Your own link points out the very limited nature of the ban!

From your link:
"ban flying of Confederate flags from fixed flagpoles"
Ahhh, you finally read my link! Thanks. Correct, of course.

Did I argue anything differently? Let's keep talking about this. Do you agree there is a movement afoot to ban the CSA flag, and even Confederate monuments, from government land?

Why the rush to revise history? Just because a few fucking racist assholes use the flag for racist reasons? If that is enough justification to ban a part of US history, do you also support banning racist symbols like these? Do you believe we should ban any symbol or flag simply because a few racist assholes use it for evil purposes?

upload_2016-9-4_16-6-32.jpeg

135px-BPowerLogo.png

Nbplogo.png

Please quote me where I claimed Jefferson or Franklin wrote the Bill of Rights? .

You really get pissy when someone like myself points out your disingenuity.

You were responding to my post- where I talked about the liberals who wrote the Bill of Rights

Me:

You: Liberals, yes. Are you claiming modern liberals live by the same ideals as Jefferson and Franklin?
Me: (responding again to what I said in my previous post:

Neither Jefferson or Franklin wrote the Bill of Rights- you should read up on the Constitution. [when I refer to the drafters of the Bill of Rights and you respond with Jefferson and Franklin you get the response you deserve)

The OP is a lie.

So you agree that the Confederate Flag has not been banned in America as the OP has claimed.

LOL- you post your crap in other forums too? I just enjoy pointing out your hypocrisy and lies. Clearly that bothers you- so that is a win-win....
Wow. Excellent attempt to dodge the question. Let me give you another chance to explain why you've been so confrontational with me on this and other threads:

Do you know me as "Divine Wind" on another forum? Yes or no, please. It's a simple question.

... I am sorry if I was not clear to you. ....
Apology accepted. Next time, if you're talking about the OP, quote the OP, not me, before calling someone a liar.

Forum List

Back