Obama: GOP 'Holy Grail' Is 'Making Sure 30 Million People Don't Have Healthcare'

It's far worse than the President described it, when you're talking about the Republicans and healthcare;

the Ryan budget plan, which would be law if the GOP ever got control of Congress and the presidency, would cut 31% out of Medicaid and CHIP over ten years.

Ryan Block Grant Proposal Would Cut Medicaid by Nearly One-Third by 2023 and More After That ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Another good example of how the primary goal of GOP economic/domestic policy is to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

it's FAR worse than what you think.....Medicaid is going broke....Medicare is going broke....so what do the Dumbocrats do....create an even BIGGER boondoggle....Obumblecare...

the well-thought out Ryan budget plan would actually SAVE Medicaid/Medicare....and help direct it back to the free market....thus providing reliable help to the truly needy and everybodys' granny....

liberals really don't care about the poor....they just want to socialize (i.e. conrol) everybody's healthcare.....which will only deliver much poorer quality care and rationed care....the horrors of 'universal' healthcare are out there if you only care to look....that's why Congressmen and their staff make sure they aren't included in the plans...
These progressives think the answer to inefficient or failing government programs is more and larger government programs.
These progressives also believe the road to economic growth is through increased government spending.

I believe that it is immoral to punish a poor child for being poor by denying him healthcare because his parents can't afford to pay for it.

You really need me to explain it to you? Medicare Advantage IS what privatization creates. Just like Medicare Part D.

Medicare is more cost effective than the private insurance industry. Every industrial nation spends about half as much per capita on health care than America...WHY?

Universal vs. Private Health Insurance

There is one factor common to the top 15 countries. They all have strong state funding of single-payer universal health care, instead of insurance based health care tied to employment. The bottom four countries – Germany, USA, Portugal and Switzerland – all depend more heavily on profit-based, private health insurance provided primarily through the employer/employee relationship

"Strong state funding"?...You mean taxpayer funded? Like Spain, Greece, the UK, Ireland....
Look, if you want the government to take care of you, them you won't mind paying up in higher taxes, confiscatory taxes, and then some group of bureaucrats who are accountable to no one will decide what medical care you will get, fine. Leave the rest of us out of your scheme.

Do you REALLY believe private health insurance is cheaper than any state funded health care system?

I bet you even believe your employer pays part of your insurance??

Tell me something... How much according to the financial statements of public held health insurance companies do you think are paid out in claims? I'll make it simpler.
If the insurance company gets $1 billion a year in premiums... how much of that goes out to pay claims?
I'll give you some time to DO THE RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET and find out!

"Strong state funding"?...You mean taxpayer funded? Like Spain, Greece, the UK, Ireland....
Look, if you want the government to take care of you, them you won't mind paying up in higher taxes, confiscatory taxes, and then some group of bureaucrats who are accountable to no one will decide what medical care you will get, fine. Leave the rest of us out of your scheme.

Do you REALLY believe private health insurance is cheaper than any state funded health care system?

Tell me something... How much according to the financial statements of public held health insurance companies do you think are paid out in claims? I'll make it simpler.
If the insurance company gets $1 billion a year in premiums... how much of that goes out to pay claims?
I'll give you some time to DO THE RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET and find out!

Medical loss ratios vary. States often regulate them. They can be 55%, 80%, whatever. The higher the ratio, the more a company is paying out compared to the premiums they're collecting.

Medicare's medical loss ratio is about 97%. Which private companies are beating that?

Last edited:

Here lies the great deception. You people have convinced yourselves that cheaper is better.
Meanwhile those bronze and silver ACA packages still leave the user with 40% and 30% of the bill to be paid out of pocket respectively.
And please, don't spout the subsidy nonsense.
Absent of all the stupid restrictive and intrusive mandates and regulations placed on health insurance and medical care by the federal government, private coverage would be dramatically less expensive and the same or even better coverage would be available.
One need only to look to the Western European model to witness the problems with socialized medicine. The rationing of care. The bureaucratic bodies that make decisions on who gets care and the kind of care they will receive. The confiscatory taxation. And the crumbling government coffers.
No thanks.
If you want socialized medicine, there's the door.

Pure right wing parrot speak.. Not only do we have the most expensive health care system in the world because of private cartels, it is at the bottom of the heap in outcomes and life expectancy.

BTW, do you REALLY believe your employer pays part of your insurance??
Non -sequitur...

Yes. Parroting the facts is especially nasty when said facts oppose the liberal narrative.
Once again...there's the door.

it's FAR worse than what you think.....Medicaid is going broke....Medicare is going broke....so what do the Dumbocrats do....create an even BIGGER boondoggle....Obumblecare...

the well-thought out Ryan budget plan would actually SAVE Medicaid/Medicare....and help direct it back to the free market....thus providing reliable help to the truly needy and everybodys' granny....

liberals really don't care about the poor....they just want to socialize (i.e. conrol) everybody's healthcare.....which will only deliver much poorer quality care and rationed care....the horrors of 'universal' healthcare are out there if you only care to look....that's why Congressmen and their staff make sure they aren't included in the plans...
These progressives think the answer to inefficient or failing government programs is more and larger government programs.
These progressives also believe the road to economic growth is through increased government spending.

I believe that it is immoral to punish a poor child for being poor by denying him healthcare because his parents can't afford to pay for it.

The answer is NOT larger and more intrusive government or more government spending.
I thought you libs were opposed to legislating morality.

The answer is NOT larger and more intrusive government or more government spending.

Healthcare should be like education. Everyone gets it, at least at a basic level, regardless of their ability to pay.

Healthcare should be like education. Everyone gets it, at least at a basic level, regardless of their ability to pay.
Everyone gets basic healthcare now.
It is health insurance which is the issue.
And this term 'healthcare' should be tossed out. The proper term is 'medical care'...
Once again, the answer is not a larger more intrusive government and more taxes.
Find a better idea and I am all ears.

The GOP is at fault, they are the ones that are pro business, and through pro business people influencing the legislation in the nation to make themselves money, and then the GOP acts all innocent playing like is not at all part of the scam.

Meanwhile the Dem President is granting waivers and extensions to "big business" all over the place while he mandates it for private individuals

:eusa_hand:

Meanwhile the same House and Senate that scrambled the jets to pass this behemoth of a bill and the future enforcing agency of it are all seeking exemption from the same monstrosity they would force on us

The GOP is at fault, they are the ones that are pro business, and through pro business people influencing the legislation in the nation to make themselves money, and then the GOP acts all innocent playing like is not at all part of the scam.

Meanwhile the Dem President is granting waivers and extensions to "big business" all over the place while he mandates it for private individuals

Meanwhile the same House and Senate that scrambled the jets to pass this behemoth of a bill and the future enforcing agency of it are all seeking exemption from the same monstrosity they would force on us
Yeah.. Isn't that something.

Beyond his low information base who gives a shit what President Cracka says.

As well as the unions that pushed for it and of course AARP who thought they were hitting the jackpot.

He tried for years to reach across, now he's telling it like it is- The GOP is a bunch of greedy a-holes and their silly brainwashed dupes, now imploding under the weight of their own BS.Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of ignorant fools. LOL

Tell me which Republicans have come out and said people don't need affordable healthcare. I want specific quotes from Republican leaders. Otherwise I think you are full of shit.

Forum List

Back