Obama mans up and apologizes for his misstatement on keeping insurance

Obama’s Lying Apology
Tonight’s headlines tell us that President Obama has apologized for the fact that Obamacare has caused millions of Americans to lose their health insurance. That is, of course, a striking headline, but if we read what Obama actually said, it is apparent that his objective was not to offer a sincere apology, but to continue the Obamacare cover-up. Here is the interview; I created a partial transcript which is commented on below:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Obama said:

What happened? Well, first of all, I meant what I said, and we worked hard to try to make sure that we implemented it properly. But obviously we didn’t do a good enough job.

This is Obama’s fundamental lie. Unless Obama never read the Obamacare statute and was never briefed on it by his aides or by Congressional Democrats, he knew perfectly well that most Americans were going to lose their existing health insurance under Obamacare. Indeed, that was the point of the law: the administration could only finance subsidies for some Americans if it forced other Americans to buy, not the insurance they wanted, but insurance that would normally be considered absurdly overpriced. That is–to repeat–the principal point of the law.

We are talking about 5% of the population who are in what’s called the individual market. They’re out there buying health insurance on their own. And even though it only affects a small amount of the population, it means a lot to them, obviously to get this letter canceled.

This is BS, and Obama must know it. So far, many of the canceled policies that have hit the news have, in fact, related to the individual market. The fact that individual policies are being canceled left and right can’t possibly come as a surprise to Obama; in June 2010, his administration predicted (as we pointed out here) that once Obamacare was implemented, “more than” a range of 40 percent to 67 percent of all individual policies would be illegal, and therefore would be canceled.

But individual policies are only the tip of the iceberg. At the same time, the Obama administration predicted that up to 69% of all employer-sponsored plans would also be canceled in the first year of Obamacare (i.e., 2014). The tens of millions who will lose their employer-sponsored plans will dwarf the number who lose individual policies. Much as the Obama administration would rather talk about web site travails than canceled insurance, it prefers to talk about individual policies rather than the employer-sponsored policies where most Americans get their health insurance, and which are also doomed under Obamacare. But unless the Democrats intend to repeal or postpone the implementation of Obamacare indefinitely, they are only delaying the inevitable.

Obama?s Lying Apology | Power Line

Last edited:
He didn't apologize for what he did. He lied. That isn't what he said in his spindition of events. It's documented record that the administration and Obama knew many people would lose their coverage. He lied, and nowhere did he admit that.

See...

They never do this right. People are so sick of Rs and their crazy obsession with Obama that this latest will die out as quickly as everything else they try and hurt him with. People just begin to point and laugh after a few days of this bullshit.

LOL I'm sure the folks who are getting fucked over by Obamacare won't agree with you.

But hey, but since your an Obama asskisser so I'm sure you could give shit one. Carry on.

Now he'll get slammed for apologizing...

He didn't apologize for what he did. He lied. That isn't what he said in his spindition of events. It's documented record that the administration and Obama knew many people would lose their coverage. He lied, and nowhere did he admit that.

See...

Not apologizing for what he did is not an apology, so there is nothing to see. When he does that, get back to me.

If W said he's sorry that you misunderstood his quotes about WMD's, you'd accept that, right Ms. Double Standard?

See...

They never do this right. People are so sick of Rs and their crazy obsession with Obama that this latest will die out as quickly as everything else they try and hurt him with. People just begin to point and laugh after a few days of this bullshit.

Not this time. People are big time pissed over this whole debacle. I look at the Obamaites at work who gladly drank the Kool-Aid and even they are calling for heads to roll. They were lied to, pure and simple. Obama can play lawyer tricks about what he said versus what he meant versus who is responsible and none of that matters because a whole lot of people are seeing their insurance rates skyrocket or plans get dumped and Obama said neither of those things were going to happen.

Maybe Booooosh will man up and admit he cooked the facts for the Irag war? How many people died because of his lie?

All Bush did was repeat these lies from prominent Democrats. You do agree that they were all lying do you not?

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source
"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998 | Source
"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."

- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999 | Source
"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source
"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

Last edited:
He'd actually have to give a crap to apologize.

83651592.gif

Policies that don't meet the requirements are the ones being cancelled. It is the fault of their crappy insurance and them for buying such terrible policies however their insurance company should have given them until after the first of the year to get something else.

The people here seem to think people are cancelled the moment they received the letter. That can't be the case. If it is, the insurance was worse than even I had imagined.

Now is their chance to get some insurance that is designed to cover everyone at an affordable cost.

It's one thing to pay for insurance coverage, it's quite another to hold a policy with added insurance you will never use. Much like the man who decides on a million dollar term life insurance policy when $500,000 is more than adequate, then again I'm sure this administration won't think twice to dictate what other policies you OUGHT to carry and just how much. Some of us can manage just fine without some form of government tyrant telling us how we ought to be running our lives.

BTW if Obamacare is such a good health insurance law, why are so many within the Federal Government looking to back out of the deal? Seems to me what's good for the goose ......

Last edited:
Obama on health plan cancellations: 'I am sorry' | MSNBC

“I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based, based on assurances they got from me. We’ve got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this.”

This was the right thing to do.

They are not finding themselves in that situation based on assurances they got from him. They are finding themselves in that situation in spite of insurances they got from him.

Oh wait, I have to take that back. Obama actually said something true -- though I doubt he meant it that way. Yes, they are finding themselves in that position based on assurances they got from him -- because he or his team deliberately chose to have him issue those assurances, knowing they were false, since to tell the truth might have stopped the program from going forward, thereby preventing Obama from being able to turn those people's finances upside down.

Did you happen to notice this lie further along in the interview?

"And in good faith, [we] tried to write the law in such a way that people could keep their care."

Still waiting for Obama to truly man up.

But now that Obama has made a weasly statement which the media and other Obama supporters can call an apology, will the media keep reporting on the facts? Will they keep digging for more facts? Or will use the administration's talking points as their guide in future "news" reporting?

“I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based, based on assurances they got from me. We’ve got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this.”

That was nice and all, but I think the right thing for him to do is sign that Bill the republicans are cooking up called "keep your old policy" as long as it's not filled with other items. I think the other right think he can do, is take away the mandatory aspect of the bill and fulfill his original campaign promises before his first term where he highlighted the fact that his health plan in contrast to Mrs. Clinton's health plan, was that his didn't have a mandatory provision.

The words are nice, but I think that those above actions would be "the right thing to do".

God. It amazes me how even when somebody FINALLY does the right thing, he still gets lambasted for not doing it soon enough. Or hard enough. Or without benefit of Vaseline®.

THIS is why I can't take most Republicans seriously. Because their hatred of the President is so big that they can't see past it.

Ever.

It's diversionary. They're attempting to take everyone's mind off of that colossal fuckup of a shutdown. You know that day they allowed the idiot Cruz to take over House leadership and guide House Republicans down that yellow brick road? Fail.

The president did the right thing but it will never be good enough because they have this agenda.

Between the multi-million dollar screw up of a website, and now Obama caught having to explain why he lied about "if you like your healthcare, you can keep it", he really doesn't need any help at showing just how bad his signature legislation really is.

That was nice and all, but I think the right thing for him to do is sign that Bill the republicans are cooking up called "keep your old policy" as long as it's not filled with other items. I think the other right think he can do, is take away the mandatory aspect of the bill and fulfill his original campaign promises before his first term where he highlighted the fact that his health plan in contrast to Mrs. Clinton's health plan, was that his didn't have a mandatory provision.

The words are nice, but I think that those above actions would be "the right thing to do".

Neither of those things are going to happen. The time for Rs offering their own plans is over.

Neither of those things are going to happen. The time for Rs offering their own plans is over.

I just saw Ms. Laundreiux (sp) (Democrat from Louisiana) proposing drafting the same or similar thing.

Shut up, you moron.

Meanwhile, this makes my heart sing:

Die hard, campaign helping dems appalled that they have lost their coverage, and looking at scaling back income in order to qualify for subsidies.

All dems are elitist entitlement dweebs:

"
So what is Hammack going to do? If his income were to fall below four times the federal poverty level, or about $62,000 for a family of two, he would qualify for subsidies that could lower his premium cost to as low as zero. If he makes even one dollar more, he gets nothing.
That’s what he’s leaning toward — lowering his salary or shifting more money toward a retirement account and applying for a subsidy.
“We’re not changing our views because of this situation, but it hurt to hear Obama saying, just the other day, that if our plan has been dropped it’s because it wasn’t any good, and our costs would go up only slightly,” he said. “We’re gratified that the press is on the case, but frustrated that the stewards of the ACA don’t seem to have heard.”

Loyal Obama Supporters, Canceled by Obamacare - ProPublica

171778.gif

Translation of Obama's Fauxpology:

I regret I got caught lying by you stupid rubes.

God. It amazes me how even when somebody FINALLY does the right thing, he still gets lambasted for not doing it soon enough. Or hard enough. Or without benefit of Vaseline®.

THIS is why I can't take most Republicans seriously. Because their hatred of the President is so big that they can't see past it.

Ever.

It's diversionary. They're attempting to take everyone's mind off of that colossal fuckup of a shutdown. You know that day they allowed the idiot Cruz to take over House leadership and guide House Republicans down that yellow brick road? Fail.

The president did the right thing but it will never be good enough because they have this agenda.

Here's the thing, the scumbag did NOT do the right thing.

He never apologized for lying. No way....

Here's what he said:

Do you see an apology in there? If anybody does, they're delusional.

All he said was that he's sorry that people find themselves in a bad position.

That's an apology?

To apologize, you first have to admit you transgressed. Otherwise, it's just empty words.

obama is a scumbag. As are all dimocraps.

Had this been an interview with an actual curious journalist, Obama would have had to answer a question like this:

"Mr President, a significant portion of your re-election campaign was centered around the promise you are now admitting was not correct. What would you say to those who believe you lied to get re-elected?"

Something like that. In a different world.

Forum List

Back