Obama mans up and apologizes for his misstatement on keeping insurance

"Insurance cancelled" grabs headlines and sends shortwaves across the nation. However the details are not so shocking. A friend of mine got a letter of cancellation from United Health. It said the current plan was discontinued. The letter contain the details of the replacement plan. It also contained a table of discounts versus family income and suggested visiting their web site and the exchange web site if you qualified. In realty the terrible cancellation was nothing more than an update of the current plan.

In a few years, we'll look back at this and other stumbling blocks in the implementation of the law and wonder what all the fuss was about.

That's a really sweet story. I have one about the Easter Bunny if your interested.

cool-story-bro.jpg

"Insurance cancelled" grabs headlines and sends shortwaves across the nation. However the details are not so shocking. A friend of mine got a letter of cancellation from United Health. It said the current plan was discontinued. The letter contain the details of the replacement plan. It also contained a table of discounts versus family income and suggested visiting their web site and the exchange web site if you qualified. In realty the terrible cancellation was nothing more than an update of the current plan.

In a few years, we'll look back at this and other stumbling blocks in the implementation of the law and wonder what all the fuss was about.

I, almost, think your dedication to lying is admirable.
Considering the source, I'll consider your personal attack a complement; sorry, you can't make any useful contribution to the discussion.

You have consistently ignored it every single time facts that refute your claims have been posted, yet you respond to insults, thus cementing your reputation as a serious debater.

I'm not going to bother reading all the suck ups on this thread..

It's real simple.

The OP is a lie.

Obama didn't do shit. He didn't apologize for anything and he didn't admit that he lied when he said people could keep their policies and doctors if they liked them..

Smoke and mirrors.. Something for his knee-padders could hold on to in order to say how great Obama for admitting his mistakes while not actually admitting anything or apologizing for anything.

All 24 are here:

"Obama has no Credibility, no honor and no integrity"
Obama has no credibility, no honor and no integrity - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Regarding pelosi's infamous statement "WE have to pass it to see what's in it."....a physician called in to talk radio and said "That's the definition of a stool sample".

It should have been called The Excrement Bill.
You're misquoting her a bit and taking it out of context. It actually reads "But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy." This was in her speech at the National Association of Counties on March 10, 2010.

To understand what was meant by this statement, you have understand what was occurring at the time. Both the House and Senate had passed the bill, however the bill was being amended and there were several versions of the amendment which was being circulated which was raising a great deal of confusion and controversy. In the quote Pelosi said, "so you can find out what is in it", you being the audience or the public. Remember the bill had been passed by both houses and it was really the amendment which was being debated.

Later the quote was pulled out of the speech and altered as needed" The quote became:
  • We have to pass the bill so we can find out what is in it...", we being congress.
  • A GOP email was sent out with "this terrible health care bill” inserted which was picked by several blogs.
  • Then the quote was changed to support the claim that this is largest and most complex legislation ever passed, which of course isn't true.

So feel free to change the quote to support whatever argument you're making. Everyone else does.

Pelosi Remarks at the 2010 Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties -- WASHINGTON, March 9 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --
PolitiFact Texas | Texas GOP says Speaker Nancy Pelosi said people will know contents of terrible health-care plan after it passes

Last edited:
He can take his apology and shove it. He's lost all credibility. He's worse than a lame duck, he's a filthy liar.
He might yet go down to a scandal , now that the entire country realizes he'll lie at the drop of a hat.......his new 2nd term agenda is to survive it.

Saying I am sorry that you didn't understand what I told you is not an apology. It is a backhanded bitch slap insult.

All 24 are here:

"Obama has no Credibility, no honor and no integrity"
Obama has no credibility, no honor and no integrity - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Regarding pelosi's infamous statement "WE have to pass it to see what's in it."....a physician called in to talk radio and said "That's the definition of a stool sample".

It should have been called The Excrement Bill.
You're misquoting her a bit and taking it out of context. It actually reads "But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy." This was in her speech at the National Association of Counties on March 10, 2010.

To understand what was meant by this statement, you have understand what was occurring at the time. Both the House and Senate had passed the bill, however the bill was being amended and there were several versions of the amendment which was being circulated which was raising a great deal of confusion and controversy. In the quote Pelosi said, "so you can find out what is in it", you being the audience or the public. Remember the bill had been passed by both houses and it was really the amendment which was being debated.

Later the quote was pulled out of the speech and altered as needed" The quote became:
  • We have to pass the bill so we can find out what is in it...", we being congress.
  • A GOP email was sent out with "this terrible health care bill” inserted which was picked by several blogs.
  • Then the quote was changed to support the claim that this is largest and most complex legislation ever passed, which of course isn't true.

So feel free to change the quote to support whatever argument you're making. Everyone else does.

Pelosi Remarks at the 2010 Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties -- WASHINGTON, March 9 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --
PolitiFact Texas | Texas GOP says Speaker Nancy Pelosi said people will know contents of terrible health-care plan after it passes

Why is it the only facts that matter to you are the ones that help you destroy the entire economy for the sake of feeling better about your pathetic excuse for a life? Why doesn't it bother you that Obama has, demonstrably, lied multiple times over the past 5 years? And, when the lie became unsustainable, he lied about lying? And now, he is trying to tell you that his only concern was that people voluntarily move into a new health care plan instead of getting a notice from the insurance companies, as required by law? Does none of that matter to you?

Maybe we should suspend the mandate a year until we can make it work. Time to get away from left or right and think about how to make it work?

Don't make it work. Make it go away. Forever.

Obamacare is a bicycle with triangular wheels and a broken chain. How in the hell do you "make it work" with something like that?

I've changed my mind. Leftism isn't a mental disorder; it's prima facie evidence of brain trauma. Perhaps shaken baby syndrome.

Something along the lines of megalomania.

Obama's apology does little good now. 'Sorry' just won't cut it.

it was never going to with you. You are a waste of time.

You're such a crybaby, Plasmaballs.

When I was a child, I was punished for lying to my grandmother. I was forced to apologize. So why is our president any different? Why can't he be punished and scolded for lying? Sigh you people are like suckerfish on a whale, but on Obama's backside instead.

Last edited:
It's just her death rattle to Obama's Paradise Rotten lost, Stephanie.

plus it is extremely revealing of the typical gestapo mindset.

Thought we were commies. Now which is it? You do know there's a difference, don't you?

Yeah, but not with you.

The first thing Communists do is try to nationalize healthcare. It is key to controlling a government. Guess who tried it. You.

God. It amazes me how even when somebody FINALLY does the right thing, he still gets lambasted for not doing it soon enough. Or hard enough. Or without benefit of Vaseline®.

THIS is why I can't take most Republicans seriously. Because their hatred of the President is so big that they can't see past it.

Ever.

How is kicking 4.2 million people off of their insurance 'doing the right thing' exactly? This is why I don't take liberals seriously. Obama's blatant lying is why I can't take liberals seriously at all.

You are as malinformed as ever, BD. You don't care to educate yourself of the pain and suffering that 'doing the right thing' has inflicted on the American people.

I, almost, think your dedication to lying is admirable.
Considering the source, I'll consider your personal attack a complement; sorry, you can't make any useful contribution to the discussion.

When you support a liar, that personal attack may as well be justified.

He's sorry he is so incompetent that he got caught

he's sorry the media couldn't put a spin on it that was believable

He's sorry there's free speech and the horrors of his evil are exsposded to the world

God. It amazes me how even when somebody FINALLY does the right thing, he still gets lambasted for not doing it soon enough. Or hard enough. Or without benefit of Vaseline®.

THIS is why I can't take most Republicans seriously. Because their hatred of the President is so big that they can't see past it.

Ever.

It's diversionary. They're attempting to take everyone's mind off of that colossal fuckup of a shutdown. You know that day they allowed the idiot Cruz to take over House leadership and guide House Republicans down that yellow brick road? Fail.

The president did the right thing but it will never be good enough because they have this agenda.

Ever.

It's diversionary. They're attempting to take everyone's mind off of that colossal fuckup of a shutdown. You know that day they allowed the idiot Cruz to take over House leadership and guide House Republicans down that yellow brick road? Fail.

The president did the right thing but it will never be good enough because they have this agenda.

What you call a fuck up was the best thing to slow down your communist take over.

Forum List

Back