Obama proposes $1B for science, math teachers

Like rewarding teachers for producing results. :eusa_whistle: No student should be allowed to pass a single grade without meeting the standards.

He didn't read that part of it, that its about rewarding teacher who produce......
do you think the teachers Union might have something to say about that?......after all.....the "sub-par" Teachers may be trying to teach as best they can......and remember...."bad teachers" are people too and should not be singled out......hey Union rules.....

Then our educational system will continue to fail. :eusa_shhh: That's the cold reality.

I love science and math.. hell, my career is based on it...

But why the FUCK is more FEDERAL money being thrown at education?? This is ridiculous...

It makes good 'press', as most talk about teacher need is... but this is NOT something the Fed should be doing...

Dave......you dont love Science or Math.....Dean says people who are on the right hate it and want to end it and teach biblical shit in its place.....sorry....now you know ....ask Flaylo.....im sure he will back Dean up.....

Rightwingers are fucking stupid, its fiscally responsible to drop 3 billion a year into Israel but 1 billion invested in our kids is fiscally irresponsible?

The bottom line is, the interest isn't there. We can invest 10 billion dollars but how will that get American kids more interested in math and science?

get Dean and Flaylo to talk to them.....and then let them talk to the guy with the Masters Degree.....Franco.....that will convince them....

Rightwingers are fucking stupid, its fiscally responsible to drop 3 billion a year into Israel but 1 billion invested in our kids is fiscally irresponsible?

For once we agree. Our children are our most important resource and if we don't bring them up to be the best...Well, what hope do we have to remain the best?

Israel isn't our job to take care of. Cut off all aid if need be to better our children. :eusa_whistle:

Noting but right wing complaints here.

And you wonder why we are falling behind in those subjects.

there are a lot of Left Wing complaints in California......is that different?......because they are wondering why we are falling behind in EVERY subject......why kids are getting to the 12th grade and cant even fucking read at a 4th grade level.....

The Fed does not spend tons of fucking money on education, educations is mostly funded by the states, only about 2% of education is funded by the federal govt, Repug fucktards and their lack of knowledge.

there are a lot of Left Wing complaints in California......is that different?......because they are wondering why we are falling behind in EVERY subject......why kids are getting to the 12th grade and cant even fucking read at a 4th grade level.....

If you want to charge that how about this?

1# A reward system for producing a high rate of success
2# End all free passes for students that don't meet requirements. You pass this ground or we're holding you back.
3# Fire teachers that have a poor record of success.
4# Link benefits or increase them for parents that take part in their children's life. These people have to give something back for the benefits.
5# Give more choices within education; give the student the choice to go to public or private schools on public funds. What's the difference as long as they get an education?

The bottom line is, the interest isn't there. We can invest 10 billion dollars but how will that get American kids more interested in math and science?

get Dean and Flaylo to talk to them.....and then let them talk to the guy with the Masters Degree.....Franco.....that will convince them....

When schools start outlawing phones and iPods the kids can concentrate more, at any rate our kids are getting dumb and dumber and that blame the right and blame the left political bullshit don't fly, the kids of politicians aren't failing but they're telling us money invested in our kids is shit? Fuck outta here.

The problem is that it won't do any good.

We have done nothing but throw money at schools and they still suck so really is this the billion that actually does something to improve our shitty education system or will it be the next billion or the billion after that?

Pub dupes- no solutions, just I don't want to pay $3 for ANYTHING the country needs, I'm too busy bitching about minorities and furriners..."No I never did!". The dumb kids back in class.

Bring down class sizes and put the teachers back in charge...Another shot of Voodoo, Reaganism, and fundamentalism and we'll have NO INTELLIGENCE or infrastructure. Thanks for the depression, a-holes and chumps.

and this guy has a Masters.....or so he says.....

If you want to charge that how about this?

1# A reward system for producing a high rate of success
2# End all free passes for students that don't meet requirements. You pass this ground or we're holding you back.
3# Fire teachers that have a poor record of success.
4# Link benefits or increase them for parents that take part in their children's life. These people have to give something back for the benefits.
5# Give more choices within education; give the student the choice to go to public or private schools on public funds. What's the difference as long as they get an education?

I went to a Catholic school as a teenager, classes had no more than 25 kids per class, that was the max and students were on three tracks, Tracks 1 and 2 for college prep and above average students, tracks 3 and 4 average and below average students, tracks 3 and 4 hardly had anyone after 9th grade in my graduating class. The public school 10 minutes away was shit, 34-35 students per class, violence, drugs, it was fucked up and students failed and teachers lost their motivation to want to teach, I can't blame them when there is violence and drugs in the school, yet everyone wants to pin all blame on teachers, granted some didn't give a shit and showed up for pay checks but most didn't.

When schools start outlawing phones and iPods the kids can concentrate more, at any rate our kids are getting dumb and dumber and that blame the right and blame the left political bullshit don't fly, the kids of politicians aren't failing but they're telling us money invested in our kids is shit? Fuck outta here.

How about integrating the learning environment with the technology? Instead of books the student can simply download the learning material on their ipad, samsung, ect. Secondly, make some of the classes that are capable of doing over the "computer" able to do at home or the time of their choosing. Who's to say that we need to have an educational system that is of the 19th century?

We're already giving the choice of doing college classes over the computer. Since our children love the computer so much. Why not? Rethinking our educational system to go along with the 21st century is what we need to do.

We have done nothing but throw money at schools and they still suck so really is this the billion that actually does something to improve our shitty education system or will it be the next billion or the billion after that?

The money is to reward and encourage GOOD TEACHERS to PERFORM and to maintain their good performance, this is not a throw money at it and fix scheme, take the fucking blinders off.

How about integrating the learning environment with the technology? Instead of books the student can simply download the learning material on their ipad, samsung, ect. Secondly, make some of the classes that are capable of doing over the "computer" able to do at home or the time of their choosing. Who's to say that we need to have an educational system that is of the 19th century?

We're already giving the choice of doing college classes over the computer. Since our children love the computer so much. Why not? Rethinking our educational system to go along with the 21st century is what we need to do.

I think they should train teachers like they trained me as a drill sergeant, I could stand there and give boring assed blocks of instruction all day and it did nothing for my soldiers except make them yawn and sleep and forget, however when I came in motivated and energetic and taught in such a away that kept the soldiers interested and very involved, they became motivated and learned fast. I believe that's part of the problem. Parents are the other part, I had at least one parent at home to help me with homework and ensure I did my homework, parents today are either single parents or come from households where both parents work, it makes it a little harder so schools have to adjust fire.

Factually incorrect.

They bottomed out around 2008, but that's only if you count the special needs classes, which typically have very small class sizes. Since then, they have been on the rise as teachers are being laid off due to budget cuts.

Class size is still not as big of an issue as you think in fact some of the countries that are kicking our ass in student performance have some of the largest class sizes in the world.

Do they teach to the test?

I know two teachers who both have enormous classes and no teacher's assistants. The kids are a homogenized mix of everything from gifted to troubled. That's not just a recipe for disaster. Its also impossible for one person to control.

Class size is definitely an issue.

not the way it is in the rich schools.....

The money is to reward and encourage GOOD TEACHERS to PERFORM and to maintain their good performance, this is not a throw money at it and fix scheme, take the fucking blinders off.

Like unions will allow raises for some teachers and not others. Why don't we just shit can all the crappy teachers and get rid of half the administrators that will free up more than enough money to pay the good teachers a higher salary.

Last edited:

Like unions will allow raises for some teachers and not others. Why don't we just shit can all the crappy teachers and get rid of half the administrators that will free up more than enough money to pay the good teachers a higher salary.

Cut the fucking bullshit about unions, its getting old looking for strawmen arguments to say no to investing 1 billion dollars in our children who are getting fucking dumber. Again, this is too REWARD TEACHERS BASED ON PERFORMANCE, if you do NOT PERFORM well YOU DON'T a FUCKING BONUS. Now stop boring me with all this hypothetical bullshit about unions since you are anti ALL UNIONS, good ones and bad ones to the core which makes you dishonest to the point of absurdity.

Cut the fucking bullshit about unions, its getting old looking for strawmen arguments to say no to investing 1 billion dollars in our children who are getting fucking dumber. Again, this is too REWARD TEACHERS BASED ON PERFORMANCE, if you do NOT PERFORM well YOU DON'T a FUCKING BONUS. Now stop boring me with all this hypothetical bullshit about unions since you are anti ALL UNIONS, good ones and bad ones to the core which makes you dishonest to the point of absurdity.

There is no such thing as a good union.

And we all know that teachers don't get paid for performance because union contracts don't allow it.

So all of a sudden you're for undermining union contracts with merit pay?

And again we don't need more money we already spend more money per pupil than countries that are kicking our ass academically and it ain't working.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back