Obama to go on tour and announce future executive actions before state of the union address

You mean dictate to them as would a dic......

Republicans have a two year window of opportunity. After 2016 it will be gone

What will they do?

If they continue to pass kill Obamacare legislation they will get nothing done. If they work with the President, they can get things done they have been waiting six years for

My view is they will bow to the TeaTards and continue to block all things Obama. They will blow it

In the absence of a Republican Congress working with the President.....Obama will use executive orders to do what needs doing

Everybody needs to ignore rightwinger. Why? he's intentionally not listening to a word any of you are saying. Why bother with him? It's not fun. He's fucking annoying, because he cant discuss anything, because he doesn't listen. Put an end to him.
Which is what I expect Republicans will do
I doubt if they can change their spots

Which means Republicans will get nothing done in the next two years

Do Nothing except gerrymander, obstruct, pose for photo ops and take vacations.

To RWs, that's a winning strategy so yeah, why would theRepubs change what has worked so well for them?

The GOP controls the Senate and the house, yet the far left drones continues on the old programmed talking points.

Everybody look at the quoted post above. When posters refuse to change tune after a defeat like the one they suffered last year, they are trolls and aren't listening to a damn thing you have to say. Try something. Ignore them for 1 week and see how you like this place and the real discussion. Seriously. We have smart posters here who are smart enough to not have talking points that aren't even there's.

Our President needs to use the State of the Union address to lay down the gauntlet with Republicans

Here is what you need to do, if you fail, here is the Executive Actions I will take

What will they do?

If they continue to pass kill Obamacare legislation they will get nothing done. If they work with the President, they can get things done they have been waiting six years for

My view is they will bow to the TeaTards and continue to block all things Obama. They will blow it

In the absence of a Republican Congress working with the President.....Obama will use executive orders to do what needs doing

Everybody needs to ignore rightwinger. Why? he's intentionally not listening to a word any of you are saying. Why bother with him? It's not fun. He's fucking annoying, because he cant discuss anything, because he doesn't listen. Put an end to him.

I finally put his nonsense spewing on ignore too. waste of time reading it

What will they do?

To RWs, that's a winning strategy so yeah, why would theRepubs change what has worked so well for them?

The GOP controls the Senate and the house, yet the far left drones continues on the old programmed talking points.

Everybody look at the quoted post above. When posters refuse to change tune after a defeat like the one they suffered last year, they are trolls and aren't listening to a damn thing you have to say. Try something. Ignore them for 1 week and see how you like this place and the real discussion. Seriously. We have smart posters here who are smart enough to not have talking points that aren't even there's.
That's "theirs" not "there's" in that context.

Gotta love our President moving ahead without the Do Nothing Congress

long overdue

That's what you're going to say when the next President is a Republican and they just bypass congress with their agenda and Obama it through an executive order, aren't you big guy?

Turns out when you called W "King George" ... it was a lie ...
I have no doubt a Republican President will use executive orders and signing statements

Why wouldn't they?
According to some RWs, President Obama is the first to use executive orders.
More red herrings.

One of the first bills passed will be to finish building the Keystone pipeline. Will Obama veto it?
Probably will if it means over-ruling the state governments that oppose it. Nice how you guys will throw state rights to the wolves for the sake of the petroleum industry.

No states are opposing the pipeline, and Obama has screwed over the Canadians long enough. Canadian oil is being transported by other more expensive and environmentally damaging means right now. A few American jobs would help our economy and a lot of unemployed Americans. I hope he does veto it, and I am confident his veto will be overridden if he does.
The state of Nebraska has it tied up in court at the moment, do you really want the federal government to run roughshod over the legal process to give a gift to the petroleum industry?

The only ones that will benefit will be the Koch Brothers since they will own the pipeline, the oil sands in Canada and the factories where it is going to go to. How many long term jobs will the project create? Only a handful. Yet a gas pipeline from Colorado to Kansas City is blocked left and right. The amount of jobs that creates in in the hundreds and thousands but the wrong people will make a profit from it and it won't be the Koch Brothers.
The Keystone pipeline as a political issue has continued to perplex me. It's a clear case of crony capitalism and bought political influence but it just does not matter to some.
You clearly do not understand the terms "crony capitalism" or bought political influence.

I guess Obama will be pandering to the shrinking number of places in the United States that actually care what he says anymore. More and more fly over states.

Everyone knows he will attempt to do as he wishes via executive fiat.

Now he will not have Reid to block for him. He must now actually make a decision via the VETO. They will no longer be in the way. Either way he can't pass shit in Congress anymore anyway. He's on a leash.
President Obama will do what he thinks needs to be done until Congress legislates otherwise

What is stopping them?
IOW Obama will run over the Constitution like a dead squirrel until Congress agrees to rubber stamp what he wants.
Libs really want a dictator in America.

Our President needs to use the State of the Union address to lay down the gauntlet with Republicans

Here is what you need to do, if you fail, here is the Executive Actions I will take

What will they do?

I finally put his nonsense spewing on ignore too. waste of time reading it
I only put people on ignore if they repeatedly engage in personal attacks not if they simply say things I disagree with.

Probably will if it means over-ruling the state governments that oppose it. Nice how you guys will throw state rights to the wolves for the sake of the petroleum industry.

No states are opposing the pipeline, and Obama has screwed over the Canadians long enough. Canadian oil is being transported by other more expensive and environmentally damaging means right now. A few American jobs would help our economy and a lot of unemployed Americans. I hope he does veto it, and I am confident his veto will be overridden if he does.
The state of Nebraska has it tied up in court at the moment, do you really want the federal government to run roughshod over the legal process to give a gift to the petroleum industry?

The only ones that will benefit will be the Koch Brothers since they will own the pipeline, the oil sands in Canada and the factories where it is going to go to. How many long term jobs will the project create? Only a handful. Yet a gas pipeline from Colorado to Kansas City is blocked left and right. The amount of jobs that creates in in the hundreds and thousands but the wrong people will make a profit from it and it won't be the Koch Brothers.
The Keystone pipeline as a political issue has continued to perplex me. It's a clear case of crony capitalism and bought political influence but it just does not matter to some.
You clearly do not understand the terms "crony capitalism" or bought political influence.
Sure I do, why do you care so much about some pipeline? It's because certain parties have paid millions to lobby for something that is not being done because the normal political process is holding it up. In the grand scheme it is not that big a deal and not nearly the answer to energy dependence it is being sold as. Certain petroleum concerns want it badly and are wanting the federal government to use it's power to make it happen over the objections of local people who are rightly concerned about it's impact on their lives and lands.

Sure I do, why do you care so much about some pipeline? It's because certain parties have paid millions to lobby for something that is not being done because the normal political process is holding it up. In the grand scheme it is not that big a deal and not nearly the answer to energy dependence it is being sold as. Certain petroleum concerns want it badly and are wanting the federal government to use it's power to make it happen over the objections of local people who are rightly concerned about it's impact on their lives and lands.
Since Interior has done numerous studies showing no harm from the pipeline why is Obama holding it up? T he answer is because of his green lobby backers, especially the odious plutocrat Tom Steyer,who is attempting to buy the government.

Right, you wanting to fund despots and dictators and buy oil then float it in little boats across a big ocean as opposed to building an overland pipeline which provides $$ and jobs to the US economy is only logical, anyone who opposes that would only do it for "crony capitalism and bought political influence." Gotcha. Are you part Vulcan? Your logic is impeccable.
As things stand today your arguments do not carry as much weight as they did when unemployment and oil prices were high.

Energy is long cycle, it's so short sighted to think that way. And there is no reason to oppose the Keystone pipeline except political ideology. There are pipelines all over the place, the horse is long out of the barn. It's pure political posturing by the anti-progress party.

What will they do?

This is where we get to see whether the Repubicans are a serious party or not

Can they ignore the TeaTards and negotiate with the President or will they cave in to the rightwing media and TeaTards and use the two years to pass kill Obamacare bills?

I guess Obama will be pandering to the shrinking number of places in the United States that actually care what he says anymore. More and more fly over states.

Now he will not have Reid to block for him. He must now actually make a decision via the VETO. They will no longer be in the way. Either way he can't pass shit in Congress anymore anyway. He's on a leash.
President Obama will do what he thinks needs to be done until Congress legislates otherwise

What is stopping them?
IOW Obama will run over the Constitution like a dead squirrel until Congress agrees to rubber stamp what he wants.
Sorry, after rubber stamping everything the Bush White House wanted after 9/11 republicans have no moral high ground on the anti/dictatorship argument. I remember the "unitary executive" argument even if you have chosen to forget it. I would prefer congress actually govern and fill the power vacuum they have created rather than the president having to carry everything on his shoulders.

What will they do?

Can they ignore the TeaTards and negotiate with the President or will they cave in to the rightwing media and TeaTards and use the two years to pass kill Obamacare bills?
Oh they'll kill Obamacare all right. And the Democrats will pile on as well. Once the Supremes disallow subsidies on the federal exchange people will be screaming for change. Hell, people getting hit with taxes due for the subsidies itself is causing hardship.
Obamacare is the gift that keeps on giving.

What is stopping them?
Sorry, after rubber stamping everything the Bush White House wanted after 9/11 republicans have no moral high ground on the anti/dictatorship argument. I remember the "unitary executive" argument even if you have chosen to forget it. I would prefer congress actually govern and fill the power vacuum they have created rather than the president having to carry everything on his shoulders.
Bullshit.
The Republicans did not rubber stamp everything. Quit making shit up.

What will they do?

Oh they'll kill Obamacare all right. And the Democrats will pile on as well. Once the Supremes disallow subsidies on the federal exchange people will be screaming for change. Hell, people getting hit with taxes due for the subsidies itself is causing hardship.

Long story short - It's a fucking nightmare and everybody knows it. Even the libs in congress.

Right, you wanting to fund despots and dictators and buy oil then float it in little boats across a big ocean as opposed to building an overland pipeline which provides $$ and jobs to the US economy is only logical, anyone who opposes that would only do it for "crony capitalism and bought political influence." Gotcha. Are you part Vulcan? Your logic is impeccable.
As things stand today your arguments do not carry as much weight as they did when unemployment and oil prices were high.

Energy is long cycle, it's so short sighted to think that way. And there is no reason to oppose the Keystone pipeline except political ideology. There are pipelines all over the place, the horse is long out of the barn. It's pure political posturing by the anti-progress party.
All sorts of things never got done because of the NIMBY principal (Not In My Back Yard) that had nothing to do with politics. What if they wanted to put a landfill next to your property? Would you applaud it for the jobs it would bring?

Long story short - It's a fucking nightmare and everybody knows it. Even the libs in congress.
Its the Producers of government policies. If you wanted to design the very worst health insurance system in the world you couldn't do better than Obamacare. Add in arrogance and lies, as Gruber revealed, and it gets even better!

All sorts of things never got done because of the NIMBY principal (Not In My Back Yard) that had nothing to do with politics. What if they wanted to put a landfill next to your property? Would you applaud it for the jobs it would bring?
Thats never been the argument against Keystone.

What will they do?

Everybody needs to ignore rightwinger. Why? he's intentionally not listening to a word any of you are saying. Why bother with him? It's not fun. He's fucking annoying,

What will they do?

because he cant discuss anything, because he doesn't listen. Put an end to him.

I just watched a Rep Male and a Female Dem on TV discussing things. The Dem wants to get to work and get things done through legislation. The Rep went into the tired old diatribe of "Illegal Obama" once again. As of Jan 1, that ceased to be an argument. If the Reps want to override the Executive Branch, they can pass their own laws and present them for signing or veto. If it is a bipartisan bill, chances are, Obama will have to sign it. If they don't and continue to scream about "Illegal Obama" get ready for more Executive Orders just to keep the government going.

Forum List

Back