Obamacare Forces Walmart To Cancel Health Insurance Coverage For 30,000 Workers

Same policy and same company I've been insured with since I was eighteen. Same $350.00 deductible today as it has been since before I even heard of Obama.

and your insurance company has to comply with ACA standards... it's the LAW... whether your pay differs or not it's your ins company who sets the scale, not ACA ... thanks for proving a point.. ACA DID NOT MAKE YOUR INSURANCE INCREASE..

Mine is not an ACA policy. Mine is an open market policy and one that has been around for a long time.

it doesn't have to be a ACA policy, and time is totally irrelevant ... your policy and every other policy in the country is mandated by LAW to comply with ACA standards ..sheesh, RW's gripe about crap they know absolutely NOTHING about

I probably know a little bit more than you. You see, my policy pretty much included all the things you tout about in the ACA even before the ACA came about. My policy is considered one of the "Cadillac policies" I been getting free flu shots, annual physicals, colonostrophies etc., for years and my wife has been receiving free mammograms and pap screenings for years. BCBS has long recognized the merits of early detection and treatment and was probably used as a model for the ACA.

you have a high end policy at a high end cost ... good for you.

the ACA is designed to help people on the other end of the spectrum ... hence the name AFFORDABLE Care Act

So happy you finally got it. Now, my employees are electricians. They make a very good hourly wage. They have the very same insurance that I have for myself. I would rank my employees at least as middle class, some possibly upper middle class since some of their wives are also employed. I employ no minimum wage employees.

This was the design of Obamacare.

Not sure why it surprises anyone, but as you can see the far left follows the programmed talking points..

"Forces"? Really? A cadre of money-grubbing corporatist scumbags choose to deliberately screw over thousands of working-class cytyzyns in order to further maximize their own profit, and you blame President Obama for this?

Your racism has taken hold of your infinitesimally small manpig "brain" and destroyed all sense of logic and fairness. You are truly beyond reason.
thats something these repub-lie-cans don't get ... when a corporation does something thats bad for its employees, its obamas fault ... and these repub-lie-cans are fine with that kind of thinking ...

Obama raising and regulating the cost of healthcare to where WalMart can't afford it isn't on Obama? Serioiusly? If he craps in his pants, is he responsible for that or would that be WalMart too?
Walmart can't afford it? Do you have a calculator? How much would it cost to insure 30,000 employees at lets say, $6,000 per year?

Ah, wealth envy, your go to strategy. Blame the victim. As long as there's money to plunder, plunder you will do.

No, they can't afford it. They work in competitive markets.

This was the design of Obamacare.

Not sure why it surprises anyone, but as you can see the far left follows the programmed talking points..

Those who are on the receiving end of the subsidies, free Medicaid, SNAP, or other entitlement programs will always defend those programs. Why not? They are living off someone else's dollar.

"Forces"? Really? A cadre of money-grubbing corporatist scumbags choose to deliberately screw over thousands of working-class cytyzyns in order to further maximize their own profit, and you blame President Obama for this?

Your racism has taken hold of your infinitesimally small manpig "brain" and destroyed all sense of logic and fairness. You are truly beyond reason.
thats something these repub-lie-cans don't get ... when a corporation does something thats bad for its employees, its obamas fault ... and these repub-lie-cans are fine with that kind of thinking ...

Obama raising and regulating the cost of healthcare to where WalMart can't afford it isn't on Obama? Serioiusly? If he craps in his pants, is he responsible for that or would that be WalMart too?
Walmart can't afford it? Do you have a calculator? How much would it cost to insure 30,000 employees at lets say, $6,000 per year?

Walmart has 2.1 million employees. At $6,000 per employee per year, that's 12.6 billion/year just in insurance costs.

Liberals believe companies don't hire employees, they adopt them. The purpose of business of course is first and foremost to implement government social policy isn't it?

Why don't you insure some of them out of the goodness of your own heart then?

The the unprotected underbelly of a liberal. They want it, that has nothing to do with them paying for it.

Walmart has 2.1 million employees. At $6,000 per employee per year, that's 12.6 billion/year just in insurance costs.

in 2014 Walmart had 476.29 BILLION dollars in sales ...

16 billion net imcome

WMT Annual Income Statement - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Annual Financials

How much did they spend to make that? What is their operating margin?

That is exactly what we are all doing when we have to subsidize private business by supplementing their work force with federal and state funds. Why do you think that is OK? I think business should pay their own way. You seem to think the tax payers should help billionaires buy more penthouses and mansions around the world, visit them in private jets and entertain themselves on 20 million dollar yachts.
]

Actually, WalMart is subsidizing government. They are taking people who can't support themselves off complete government money and partially supporting them. If you force them to pay more, they will only hire people worth what you force them to pay. Then the ones who work there now will be fired and back on the government dole.

Some humanitarian you are, denying work to low end workers. WalMart is a godsend for them. They give them a chance to partially support themselves, then the good ones can move on and fully support themselves. Sorry I don't take my economics from Marx like you do, but then I'm not wrong like you are.

16 billion net imcome

read the link I posted and see for yourself, and stop asking me about Walmart's spread sheet

here lazy butt ..

Ah, wealth envy, your go to strategy. Blame the victim. As long as there's money to plunder, plunder you will do.

That's the best. The richest family in America are victims because folks don't want to give them corporate welfare.

[QUOTE="Siete, post: 9941747, member: 49106"the ACA is designed to help people on the other end of the spectrum ... hence the name AFFORDABLE Care Act[/QUOTE]

Sucker. I'm a business owner. I had an HRA which allowed me to contribute to my empoyee's healthcare tax free. Obamacare made that illegal. They now have to pay taxes on their healthcare contributions. Thanks Obama.

Here's the 411, Virginia. Obamacare is about government power, it has nothing to do with healthcare or making it affordable. My policy tripled, and my benefits dropped. Here's another life lesson for you. I had other options, I have more money. My employees were screwed by government. Every time you try to screw me, you miss and screw the people you claim to want to help. The best way to help them is to reduce regulation and make everything flat. Every trick you try to pull will backfire. I have accountants, lawyers and money to get around every hurdle you put up.

[QUOTE="Siete, post: 9941747, member: 49106"the ACA is designed to help people on the other end of the spectrum ... hence the name AFFORDABLE Care Act

Sucker. I'm a business owner. I had an HRA which allowed me to contribute to my empoyee's healthcare tax free. Obamacare made that illegal. They now have to pay taxes on their healthcare contributions. Thanks Obama.

Here's the 411, Virginia. Obamacare is about government power, it has nothing to do with healthcare or making it affordable. My policy tripled, and my benefits dropped. Here's another life lesson for you. I had other options, I have more money. My employees were screwed by government. Every time you try to screw me, you miss and screw the people you claim to want to help. The best way to help them is to reduce regulation and make everything flat. Every trick you try to pull will backfire. I have accountants, lawyers and money to get around every hurdle you put up.[/QUOTE]

your skewed opinion, VIRGINIA

my policy didn't budge, TRHB's policy didn't budge ... YOU got screwed... LMAO !

16 billion net imcome

read the link I posted and see for yourself, and stop asking me about Walmart's spread sheet

here lazy butt ..

Swish! No point is so obvious that you can grasp it. You are putting profit in dollars. They are in a high revenue, low margin business. Do you understand the implication of that? You seem to be saying no, you don't.

That's the best. The richest family in America are victims because folks don't want to give them corporate welfare.

Yes, comrade, all money is the people's money. Any money government does not take is giving them money. It's welfare to not take their money.

Here's the 411, Virginia. Obamacare is about government power, it has nothing to do with healthcare or making it affordable. My policy tripled, and my benefits dropped. Here's another life lesson for you. I had other options, I have more money. My employees were screwed by government. Every time you try to screw me, you miss and screw the people you claim to want to help. The best way to help them is to reduce regulation and make everything flat. Every trick you try to pull will backfire. I have accountants, lawyers and money to get around every hurdle you put up.

your skewed opinion, VIRGINIA

my policy didn't budge, TRHB's policy didn't budge ... YOU got screwed... LMAO !

You seem to be lost, Goldilocks. I didn't give you an "opinion" I told you what happened. And Obama didn't screw me, he screwed my employees. I'm fine, they lost their tax deductions. Try to keep up. And don't try that bed, it's too hard...

16 billion net imcome

swish my ass... quit dodging.

here lazy butt ..

Swish! No point is so obvious that you can grasp it. You are putting profit in dollars. They are in a high revenue, low margin business. Do you understand the implication of that? You seem to be saying no, you don't.

I'll take your quote with no comment as confirmation that no, you don't understand the implication of that.

blue-collar-house.jpg

Racist posts are racist.

I'll take your quote with no comment as confirmation that no, you don't understand the implication of that.

I ran a business for well over a decade, and posted 7 figure quarters EVERY quarter EVERY year I retired before I was 50. Iv'e had more lawyers and accountants than you'll ever have BIG SHOT.

IMO, you're a blowhard nothing. NOTHING !

What's your problem?.....nobody knew the complexities of the law, it's just that simple, and nobody who supported it would admit that

So you're perfectly fine with the fact that your elected representatives passed legislation with far reaching affects when they had no idea what it would do? It's no wonder why our government malfunctions so badly when people like you have set the bar so low.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back