Officer Chauvin files for an appeal

Online records show he is now being held at the Tucson Federal Prison. The facility is a medium-security U.S. penitentiary that houses 266 male and female inmates.
You should read a little more thoroughly.

Derek Chauvin, former officer who killed George Floyd, is moved to Arizona prison.

The Tucson facility houses 266 incarcerated people, both male and female, as part of a larger complex that includes a high-security penitentiary and a minimum-security satellite camp.

“It’s dangerous to be an officer in any prison,” former U.S. Atty. Tom Heffelfinger said after Chauvin was sentenced last month. “It’s even more dangerous in state prison because of the nature of the inmate population. There are gangs, for example. And police officers just don’t do well there. Those risks are reduced in a federal prison.”

The federal prison system does house many high-profile people, but it, too, is plagued by gangs and chronic violence. The entire federal prison system was put on a nationwide lockdown in January after two prisoners were killed and two others injured during a gang altercation at a penitentiary in Texas.

😄

I don't know what you're fantasizing but Chauvin isn't have a great time in prison.

You should read a little more thoroughly.

Derek Chauvin, former officer who killed George Floyd, is moved to Arizona prison.

The Tucson facility houses 266 incarcerated people, both male and female, as part of a larger complex that includes a high-security penitentiary and a minimum-security satellite camp.

“It’s dangerous to be an officer in any prison,” former U.S. Atty. Tom Heffelfinger said after Chauvin was sentenced last month. “It’s even more dangerous in state prison because of the nature of the inmate population. There are gangs, for example. And police officers just don’t do well there. Those risks are reduced in a federal prison.”

The federal prison system does house many high-profile people, but it, too, is plagued by gangs and chronic violence. The entire federal prison system was put on a nationwide lockdown in January after two prisoners were killed and two others injured during a gang altercation at a penitentiary in Texas.

😄

I don't know what you're fantasizing but Chauvin isn't have a great time in prison.
I did, Pal.
Find me a penitentiary that doesn't have violence in one form or another.

And your incidences of violence are probably in the high security portion of the prison, which I doubt he is in.
Because that's where you think convicted murderers go or because you're desperate to believe Chauvin is being treated with leniency? 😄

Logical choice no. If somebody gets you in an ally pointing a gun because he wants your money, you have a choice. Give it to him and take a chance you won't get killed, or get shot and he takes your money anyway. See, that's not a logical choice.

As a juror or witness for the officer, you can side against him and not worry about your safety or the safety of your family, or you can side with the officer and have to live in fear for the next couple of years, and possibly face serious harm or death.

Like I said, logical choice and illogical choice.
So you want them to ignore their eyes which showed them exactly what happened on video. You want them to ignore all the expert testimony from LE and expert witness testimony.

What happened to the cop who knelt on the white guy’s neck until he was dead? And what was the cop’s name? And what was the victim’s name? (You wouldn’t know without googling. It’s possible you don’t even know about the case.)
Tell us Lisa, what happened too him? Would that be white on white crime?
Sorry, but black lives are NOT more valuable than white lives (especially if the black in question is a violent ex-felon), and the only reason you even care is because the worthless lowlife happened to have dark skin.
Who claimed they were, but since this country was founded white lives have damn sure been more valuable than black lives.

Chauvin's attorney, William Mohrman, argued Wednesday that because video and reports of Floyd's death were so widely publicized, kicking off nationwide protests, the jury was essentially 'poisoned.'
The defense is also demanding that the court assign a new venue for a new trial.
Chauvin was sentenced to 22- and-a-half-years in prison for the murder of Floyd, and last July, he was given another 21 years on federal charges of civil rights violations.
'You can't hold a trial in a community where the jurors are looking at the possibility of a riot in the event the jury acquits the defendant,' Mohrman said.

April 19 (Reuters) - The judge overseeing the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin on Monday harshly criticized U.S. Representative Maxine Waters' remarks on the case, saying she might have given the defense grounds for appeal in the event of a conviction.
Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill said during the closing moments of Chauvin's trial that it was abhorrent of Waters, a Democrat from California, to tell protesters it would be unacceptable for the former officer to be acquitted of murdering George Floyd.

comment:
Officer Chauvin did not get a fair trial.
The racist Democrat Congresswoman Maxine Waters tampered with the jury by going to Wisconsin and making treats of more Left-Wing violence if she was not satisfied with the verdict.
It was a politically motivated verdict.
If it had not been an election year and if George Floyd had been white people would have never heard of him.

Dismissed.

I've lived through the Rodney king/LA Riots and Liberty City in Miami. Peaceful, was absent.

And know and saw what your right wing propaganda media did to scare you and politically manufacture the so called enormous riot crisis you were lead to believe....without showing you the millions and millions and millions of peaceful citizens who gathered daily, to protest Floyd's unnecessary, cold hearted killing...

considering the number of protests throughout the nation where millions of citizens gathered several months in a row to protest, fairly peacefully.....

Relatively speaking, the riots and damage overall from the night time looters and thugs, was SMALL.

So what you are trying to tell me is that the mostly peaceful protesters remediates what the violent mobs did? If that's your claim, there are a lot of 1/6 protesters still sitting in jail or imprisoned that could sure use that defense right now since most of the people there also were peaceful protesters.

I'm not good with history, so perhaps you can tell me, what riots were worse than the Floyd riots that were taking place coast to coast, cost that much money, and that many lives?

Because that's where you think convicted murderers go or because you're desperate to believe Chauvin is being treated with leniency? 😄
I believe a judge made the decision. I doubt he would be a high security inmate. You saying there are no convicted 'murderers' in the medium security portion?

Forum List

Back