[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

I am on Firefox and I have no such arrow. I also don't have an arrow to click that will take me to a quoted post.

CK, can we make the thumbs up symbol the 'agree' symbol a little darker? I am not really able to make it out.
Noomi, are you able to bring up all functions of this message board on Firefox?

I am wondering what web browsers people are using to connect to this site? :)

Thanks!

I have found the tiny arrow to take me to a quoted post. Its so small its almost invisible.

Why am I seeing ads on the top of the page? Do those paid supporting members still get recognition for this?

Noomi, are you able to bring up all functions of this message board on Firefox?

I am wondering what web browsers people are using to connect to this site? :)

Thanks!

All functions? I don't think I have everything. Mostly everything except a way to quickly scroll to the top of the screen. And no option to delete messages.
I am assuming CK is still working on fixing everything, though.

Which browser are you using?

And no option to delete messages.

No such thing as messages anymore. They are Conversations.

Since messages don't exist, deleting doesn't exist.

But you can Leave the Conversation.

Click the box to the left of the conversation title and you will find that option in the drop down menu. Or click "Leave Conversation" while reading it.

chrome users go into settings: chrome://settings/

choose advanced, look for web content and see if your page zoom is set to 100%. If its not it should be. That should get you the arrow (far right margin) to page up.

Click the box to the left of the conversation title and you will find that option in the drop down menu. Or click "Leave Conversation" while reading it.

I think the underlying concern is probably space, the final frontier. I know when the Big Shift happened overnight my messages folder was at 99%, which meant it was about to stop being capable of taking or sending messages. At this point I don't know what that status is.

I think the underlying concern is probably space, the final frontier. I know when the Big Shift happened overnight my messages folder was at 99%, which meant it was about to stop being capable of taking or sending messages. At this point I don't know what that status is.

I don't see how this is relevant to my directions on how to clean out one's inbox.

I think they are all old messages, like notifications of reps. I just want to clear them all, because it keeps telling me I have 16 messages and I can't get rid of them.

I don't see how this is relevant to my directions on how to clean out one's inbox.

It refers to why the question was asked, i.e. what the asker was seeking. What other reason would one have to delete conversations?

In other words I'm also interested to know how to delete them, but if there's not a space limitation I may not need to and the question is moot. Or if there is and I'm not near that limitation, there's no urgency to the question.

Last edited:
Okay, if you want both responses to appear, you have to click on Foxy's "quote", then you click on the little box on the bottom left of your response that says "add quotes" or "insert quotes" - I can't remember exactly how it was worded.

Yes Synthaholic very kindly gave me detailed instructions. But the thing is if you have widely separated posts on a fast moving thread, who wants to take the time to hunt back through dozens of post to find the second one to post? It is also a feature on another site I sometimes post on too--they also use this board format--so nested quotes is probably something it can't support, but I do think we'll lose something in quality or cohesiveness of debate. Maybe not. Probably most aren't as impatient about things like that as I am.

May we please have more than five links per signature?

Otherwise my Mafia sig will be compromised. (It has 8).

7582720_4794.jpg

Yes Synthaholic very kindly gave me detailed instructions. But the thing is if you have widely separated posts on a fast moving thread, who wants to take the time to hunt back through dozens of post to find the second one to post? It is also a feature on another site I sometimes post on too--they also use this board format--so nested quotes is probably something it can't support, but I do think we'll lose something in quality or cohesiveness of debate. Maybe not. Probably most aren't as impatient about things like that as I am.

No I think you're absolutely spot-on correct Foxy. That's what I was saying about losing context; if you're in some complicated topic about politics or current events or whatever, it's absolutely essential to have the background for your comment, otherwise the point just gets lost. And if posters see that they can't make their point effectively, that undermines the whole purpose of a discussion board.

I like Gracie's term "totem pole quotes" if I quoted her accurately, and yeah it is a semi-solution to use multi-quote, but it still makes for more work.

To delete conversations go into your inbox and put a check mark in the radial box to the left of the message(s) you want to delete. You will see the options to delete, mark unread, mark read etc in there

Thanks CK. I finally managed to delete them all.

I was trying to post this joke in Cheers, when I preview it, it looks fine, just the joke in blue and my comment in black.....but when I post it, I get all this crap....why am I getting all these boxes around it, and my comment doesn't even come out?

A grade school teacher in Kentucky asked her students to use the word "fascinate" in a sentence. Molly put up her hand and said, "My family went to my granddad's farm, and we all saw his pet sheep It was fascinating." The teacher said, "That was good, but I wanted you to use the word "fascinate, not fascinating".

Sally raised her hand. She said, "My family went to see Rock City and I was fascinated." The teacher said, "Well, that was good Sally, but I wanted you to use the word "fascinate, not fascinated."

Little Johnny raised his hand. The teacher hesitated because she had been burned by Little Johnny before. She finally decided there was no way he could damage the word "fascinate", so she called on him.

Johnny said, "My Aunt Gina has a sweater with ten buttons, but her boobs are so big she can only fasten eight."
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Forum List

Back