[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Another problem with the mobile that isn't as evident on the desktop:

If you are at the top of a page and you want to make a post without replying to someone else's post you must scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. I am set to 100 posts per page, so that's a lot of thumb wiping.

I typically use the Dolphin Browser on Android. Dolphin allows for gesture control. So I made a custom gesture for top of page and bottom of the page. Tap gesture and draw, bam bottome of page.

There is a plugin for the FIreFox mobile app to do the same thing.

>>>>

If you are at the top of a page and you want to make a post without replying to someone else's post you must scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. I am set to 100 posts per page, so that's a lot of thumb wiping.

I typically use the Dolphin Browser on Android. Dolphin allows for gesture control. So I made a custom gesture for top of page and bottom of the page. Tap gesture and draw, bam bottome of page.

>>>>
I don't use that. I use the Ghostery app or Safari.

>>>>

Ghostery is a gesture app for Apple iPhone?

>>>>

>>>>

Ghostery is a gesture app for Apple iPhone?

>>>>
Ghostery is a browser app. I use it on my iPod Touch.

Am I missing the obvious somehow, is there a button which displays all NEW threads started in the least 24 hours or since the last time the cookie was activated? The New Posts button shows all posts to already active threads.
When I click on Like or Agree, it just blinks and seems to do nothing. Is this the way it's suppose to work?

No. While not dramatically, mine does change. Do you get an "undo rating" link where your thumbs up, check, X used to be?

Am I missing the obvious somehow, is there a button which displays all NEW threads started in the least 24 hours or since the last time the cookie was activated? The New Posts button shows all posts to already active threads.
When I click on Like or Agree, it just blinks and seems to do nothing. Is this the way it's suppose to work?

No. While not dramatically, mine does change. Do you get an "undo rating" link where your thumbs up, check, X used to be?
Sometimes. The problem is I'm never sure my selection got recorded.

I didn't intend to mention it because it really isn't that big a deal, but I just wondered why is it that we can't have our nice large avatars any more but people are allowed to have humongous photos in their sig lines? This isn't a complaint. But inquiring minds would like to know. :)

I didn't intend to mention it because it really isn't that big a deal, but I just wondered why is it that we can't have our nice large avatars any more but people are allowed to have humongous photos in their sig lines? This isn't a complaint. But inquiring minds would like to know. :)

Column size of the member info. The larger the picture, the larger the entire area needs to be to accommodate it.

Okay, I've found something that I think DOES need to be addressed:

Private Conversations:

I was sending a private conversation to a member just now on a matter that really did need to be private--no it wasn't anything illegal or improper--but it was for that person's eyes only. And when I opened the text box to type the content there was absolutely nothing on the screen to tell me who I was sending the PM to. It was only after I hit the send button that I could go to my inbox to make sure it did go to the intended person.

Is there some way to have that person's name on the screen to provide assurance that we are sending a private conversation to the right person BEFORE we hit the reply button to send it?

I have a question. How come all the threads I'm subscribed to fail to show up under my "watched" threads list? Some of them are missing, but all of them are checked to "watch." So what's up with that?

I have a question. How come all the threads I'm subscribed to fail to show up under my "watched" threads list? Some of them are missing, but all of them are checked to "watch." So what's up with that?
You have to scroll down to the bottom where it says SEE ALL WATCHED THREADS. Then it will load the page with the most recent one posted in, on top.

Some threads not showing up include, music threads, humor threads, and pet threads. Some of the threads in these categories show up, and others do not.

On the bottom of your watched page there should be a little blurb "Show all watched threads." Click that and you get all your threads. Don't click that and what you see are threads which have shown activity.

On the bottom of your watched page there should be a little blurb "Show all watched threads." Click that and you get all your threads. Don't click that and what you see are threads which have shown activity.

You have to scroll down to the bottom where it says SEE ALL WATCHED THREADS. Then it will load the page with the most recent one posted in, on top.

Thanks! I'll go check that right now!

Edit: Yup, it worked! :woohoo:

Okay, lol, I'm really not THAT excited, but it's good that I don't have to keep checking on threads to see if anyone posted on them, so thanks! :)

Actually there's an easier way that won't require scrolling down. When you're on "Watched Threads", at the top there's a tiny grey text that says "there may be more to view". It doesn't look like it but that's actually a link. Click there and they all come to life. :eusa_angel:

Thanks be to Montrovant for discovering that. I think.

Because it is random, and works much like facebook

Forum List

Back