[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

[
If I do that it takes me completely out of the thread and back to (usually) the Watched list (usually the last place I was before the thread). That's annoying too, though at least you can navigate back in even if it takes an extra step.

Like I said, most of the time.

Found a new bug! :eek: There is no option to Cancel a reply after you begin typing.

Steps to reproduce the bug;

1. Click on Reply in a Post.
2. Type in "Whatever...".
3. Close thread.
4. Reopen thread and your "reply is still there" :eek:
5. Click on Reply in a different Post.
6. Type in "2nd Post Reply..."
7. Click on [Post Reply]​

What you will see in the post that you have now made is BOTH the ORIGINAL reply that you never posted and the 2nd Reply that you did post.

The work around is that the only way to "Cancel" a post after you have started is to [Post Reply] and then [Delete].

That is tedious and it requires every single poster to know the workaround.

A [Cancel] button would be easier and simpler.

Thank you.
not a bug...it is set up to save a copy for 24 hours and then cancel it. You can start a reply and decide against it. You don't need to do anything (delete, cancel..nothing) Just leave the thread or stop typing. It won't post unless you submit it.

I could understand saving it in a box you could open by clicking a link, but it gets in the way when it's in the main post box.

Yes, this is one 'bug' I actually like. All you guys have to do if you want to cancel that post is just highlight whatever you've typed so far and delete. Poof. The post is gone and you have a nice clean box. But I'm liking the fact that if I start a post and inadvertently or on purpose navigate away from the thread, it is still there when I come back.

Found a new bug! :eek: There is no option to Cancel a reply after you begin typing.

Steps to reproduce the bug;

1. Click on Reply in a Post.
2. Type in "Whatever...".
3. Close thread.
4. Reopen thread and your "reply is still there" :eek:
5. Click on Reply in a different Post.
6. Type in "2nd Post Reply..."
7. Click on [Post Reply]​

What you will see in the post that you have now made is BOTH the ORIGINAL reply that you never posted and the 2nd Reply that you did post.

The work around is that the only way to "Cancel" a post after you have started is to [Post Reply] and then [Delete].

That is tedious and it requires every single poster to know the workaround.

A [Cancel] button would be easier and simpler.

Thank you.
not a bug...it is set up to save a copy for 24 hours and then cancel it. You can start a reply and decide against it. You don't need to do anything (delete, cancel..nothing) Just leave the thread or stop typing. It won't post unless you submit it.

I could understand saving it in a box you could open by clicking a link, but it gets in the way when it's in the main post box.

Yes, this is one 'bug' I actually like. All you guys have to do if you want to cancel that post is just highlight whatever you've typed so far and delete. Poof. The post is gone and you have a nice clean box. But I'm liking the fact that if I start a post and inadvertently or on purpose navigate away from the thread, it is still there when I come back.

Foxy has converted a bug into a feature! :D

I noticed now, that if you have someone on ignore, you don't see their posts at all. Someone can be answering the ignored one's posts, and it looks like the present poster is talking to himself. I only put people on ignore that get downright rude and vulgar, but still... Sure miss the old software. There's probably a way to preview this before I hit post reply, but I don't see it. I have to edit after I post also. User unfriendly all the way.

I noticed now, that if you have someone on ignore, you don't see their posts at all. Someone can be answering the ignored one's posts, and it looks like the present poster is talking to himself. I only put people on ignore that get downright rude and vulgar, but still... Sure miss the old software. There's probably a way to preview this before I hit post reply, but I don't see it. I have to edit after I post also. User unfriendly all the way.

if you hit MORE OPTIONS the PREVIEW appears and then its a mess to work with ... there has been no reply to placing PREVIEW as a first option as requested.

same with reducing the dead space on right side ... or move it entirely to the bottom.

Is there a way to include a pdf in a post. I've tried Insert, Image, and just pasting and it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong..

I take back my previous praise of the mobile version.

If you have an Apple mobile product, try to reply to a post. Then remove all the text you are quoting except for one sentence. Now select that text and try to make it larger - a +7. You can't do it. The Apple Cut/Copy/Paste bubble obscures the +6 and +7 and you cannot get rid of it. It follows the text no matter where you try to scroll.

I take back my previous praise of the mobile version.

If you have an Apple mobile product, try to reply to a post. Then remove all the text you are quoting except for one sentence. Now select that text and try to make it larger - a +7. You can't do it. The Apple Cut/Copy/Paste bubble obscures the +6 and +7 and you cannot get rid of it. It follows the text no matter where you try to scroll.

There is an easy solution to that...

....................................... Don't buy Apple.

>>>>

Another problem with the mobile that isn't as evident on the desktop:

If you are at the top of a page and you want to make a post without replying to someone else's post you must scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. I am set to 100 posts per page, so that's a lot of thumb wiping.

Alternatively, you could quote any post, then erase the quoted material, but on a mobile, that's a pain.

So the addition of a Post button to go with the Reply button would be more like the vBulletin.

I am sure someone has already noted this, but if not then there is a bug in the alert notification. I have the box checked to get an alert when someone directly replies to one of my posts, and that works. However, I also get an alert every time someone replies to the reply to my post....or replies to the reply to the reply to my post. etc..

It is really annoying getting alerts that are 10 messages removed from my original post.

Am I missing the obvious somehow, is there a button which displays all NEW threads started in the least 24 hours or since the last time the cookie was activated? The New Posts button shows all posts to already active threads.

Am I missing the obvious somehow, is there a button which displays all NEW threads started in the least 24 hours or since the last time the cookie was activated? The New Posts button shows all posts to already active threads.
When I click on Like or Agree, it just blinks and seems to do nothing. Is this the way it's suppose to work?

Forum List

Back