Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

R.D. has moved into town for me, her aggressive play style is interesting and her and Mertex convinced me to take Avatar out of town.

Interesting. I say that because it looks like we have a group of three working together. And we have three scum. Could wolf, rd, and mertex be the three we are looking for? If so they know I am not the scum.

They also realize I am persuasive and proposing strategy to catch the scum. Probably because I read up on how to effectively use the cop and Dr together. Of course it means we track down the role blocker first.

Meanwhile, their plan over complicates the game and confuses the newbies.

If you want to vote for me, I understand. Just know you are helping the scum, whether those three are them or not

he does not trust his 'gut' therefore he does not trust himself......

i always go with my gut feeling.....you are a fool not too....the body wants to live and is trying to tell you things...

okay db admits he does not trust himself....should we trust him?

Can't argue there.

Don't forget SB picked right last time. She's got a good gut even if she doesn't articulate it well.

Where did db say he doesn't trust himself? I went back and couldn't find it.

What am I missing?

I was saying I don't necessarily trust my personal distrust of 'talky' people. You and Avi top my list for that reason, but I'm trying not to let it cloud my reason. :)

why not.....mani and ropey are the fore runners ....i am going with ropey....call it a gut feeling.....

*laughing on the way out the door*

I think I'm in the lead now. They are either looking for revenge or they are the scum. But if I was the scum why would I be suggestion we use our Dr and cop to catch the scum? If I was mafia I'd be encouraging more confusion with the temp votes. I'd be stirring up votes for those leading the count. I sure as heck wouldn't be encouraging us to use strategy from the mafia wiki page to help us townies win.

My job is to make this town safe for the children. That's all I care about

why not.....mani and ropey are the fore runners ....i am going with ropey....call it a gut feeling.....

I think I'm in the lead now. They are either looking for revenge or they are the scum. But if I was the scum why would I be suggestion we use our Dr and cop to catch the scum? If I was mafia I'd be encouraging more confusion with the temp votes. I'd be stirring up votes for those leading the count. I sure as heck wouldn't be encouraging us to use strategy from the mafia wiki page to help us townies win.

Think of the children!

Think of the children!

Sometimes teaching the adults is the best way to help the children

Revenge? Please, go on.

You're suggestion could win the captain obvious award. You seem to me to be trying to out them, to get them to slip up and expose themselves

Temp votes were not confusing, but better yet they got Wake to let us know the hammer option. Not you and your wiki page strategy self

Everyone knows the mafia loves the children ..."A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man." Don Corleone :lol:

i always go with my gut feeling.....you are a fool not too....the body wants to live and is trying to tell you things...

I went against my gut last game and delivered the hammer that lost us the game, so you're preaching to the choir on that one. But on the other hand, in the first round last game my gut told me CK and I was wrong. In the end, being wrong is easier to swallow when you can at least say you followed your gut. With little else to go on, my gut wants to lynch Ropey first. He hasn't contributed one iota's worth of help trying to figure out anything, and for a guy like him who prizes himself on discerning nuance, I have to assume it is intentional.

My gut said Avatar was town and right now Avatar and Ropey each have 3 votes and more than anyone else.

Ropey is too quiet and that's not like him.

I would be willing to switch my vote to Ropey, that only gives him 4, not close to a lynch yet. And for real-overthinking this is giving me a headache, LOL.

Vote : Ropey

I'm going to leave this alone for awhile and get some work done. See you all in a few hours.

I went against my gut last game and delivered the hammer that lost us the game, so you're preaching to the choir on that one. But on the other hand, in the first round last game my gut told me CK and I was wrong. In the end, being wrong is easier to swallow when you can at least say you followed your gut. With little else to go on, my gut wants to lynch Ropey first. He hasn't contributed one iota's worth of help trying to figure out anything, and for a guy like him who prizes himself on discerning nuance, I have to assume it is intentional.

You make a good point. Something to consider

Exactly, plus it was my non aggressive play that I think lost in the end. As the Dr. I was trying, and did, stay under the mafia radar. It was a double edged sword and the hammer was to the mafias advantage.

I really like the idea of firing off a warning post if a person intends to deliver the hammer, and giving it a decent amount of time afterward before actually delivering it. That way if a person who already voted is having doubts, they have the opportunity to unvote, and of course it also gives the person about to be lynched a last chance to defend themselves.

If you agree with this approach, please indicate by thanking this post.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to manifold For This Useful Post:
dblack (Today), Mertex (Today), R.D. (Today), Shaitra (Today), Wolfsister77 (Today)

Electing not to indicate agreement via thanks or post: Avatar, strollingbones

I'm not going to read too much into that at this point, but I think it's worth pointing out.

I really like the idea of firing off a warning post if a person intends to deliver the hammer, and giving it a decent amount of time afterward before actually delivering it. That way if a person who already voted is having doubts, they have the opportunity to unvote, and of course it also gives the person about to be lynched a last chance to defend themselves.

If you agree with this approach, please indicate by thanking this post.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to manifold For This Useful Post:
dblack (Today), Mertex (Today), R.D. (Today), Shaitra (Today), Wolfsister77 (Today)

Electing not to indicate agreement via thanks or post: Avatar, strollingbones

I'm not going to read too much into that at this point, but I think it's worth pointing out.

Been posting from my phone. Can't thank as easily on it. I can agree with that.

I'll consider changing my vote for Ropey. My suspicion is still on R.D. Mertex and Wolfsister, but I trust the gut reactions of mani and SB.

I'd like to see a vote count before I do any changing though. I wanted to give everyone a chance to vote before we started consolidating behind anyone.

Exactly, plus it was my non aggressive play that I think lost in the end. As the Dr. I was trying, and did, stay under the mafia radar. It was a double edged sword and the hammer was to the mafias advantage.

It was, which makes your more aggressive play today more interesting.

One of the reasons I voted for you was to see your reaction.

Forum List

Back