Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

If the majority votes for me on a hard vote, then my vote is also for me.

I'm one who goes with a majority, mostly.

Mostly

images

;)

I went against my gut last game and delivered the hammer that lost us the game, so you're preaching to the choir on that one. But on the other hand, in the first round last game my gut told me CK and I was wrong. In the end, being wrong is easier to swallow when you can at least say you followed your gut. With little else to go on, my gut wants to lynch Ropey first. He hasn't contributed one iota's worth of help trying to figure out anything, and for a guy like him who prizes himself on discerning nuance, I have to assume it is intentional.

Exactly, plus it was my non aggressive play that I think lost in the end. As the Dr. I was trying, and did, stay under the mafia radar. It was a double edged sword and the hammer was to the mafias advantage.

It was, which makes your more aggressive play today more interesting.

One of the reasons I voted for you was to see your reaction.

Bolony. When you voted for me I had only posted 3 times.

Your vote for me Post 166

Post 170, list of who posted so far...
Who posted

Wolfsister77 21
Mertex 17
AyeCantSeeYou 16
Grandma 14
Shaitra 14
dblack 10
Wake 8
CaféAuLait 7
RosieS 7
manifold 6
Ropey 5
R.D. 3
MeBelle60 2

Speaking of which, here is the latest snapshot

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 263
User Name Posts
Wolfsister77 32
Mertex 21
dblack 18
AyeCantSeeYou 18
Grandma 18
Shaitra 16
manifold 14
strollingbones 12
R.D. 11
Wake 10
RosieS 10
Ropey 7
CaféAuLait 7
MeBelle60 3

Vote Count 1.3​

No Voting (3): Ropey, CafeAuLiat, AyeCantSeeYou

Ropey (4): Shaitra, manifold, strollingbones, Wolfsister77
Avatar4321 (3): Mertex, R.D., dblack
Manifold (1): Mebelle60
Mebelle60 (1): RosieS
R.D. (1): Avatar4321
No Lynch (1): Grandma

~ With 14 players, it takes 8 to lynch!
~ Deadline is 5/28/14, @ 10pm central time zone.
~ As a rule of thumb, don't ever go quietly onto the gallows.
~ If I count pseudo-votes, they'd need to be counted separately to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Vote Count 1.3​

No Voting (4): dblack, Ropey, CafeAuLiat, AyeCantSeeYou

Ropey (4): Shaitra, manifold, strollingbones, Wolfsister77
Manifold (1): Mebelle60
Mebelle60 (1): RosieS
R.D. (1): Avatar4321
No Lynch (1): Grandma

~ With 14 players, it takes 8 to lynch!
~ Deadline is 5/28/14, @ 10pm central time zone.
~ As a rule of thumb, don't ever go quietly onto the gallows.
~ If I count pseudo-votes, they'd need to be counted separately to avoid confusion.

Looks like you missed mine [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]. I was down for Avi, though I'm considering changing.

It take 8 to lynch. By making a mistake and lynching a Townie there are benefits. The benefits are that whatever the lynched townie has said can now be taken for certain that it came from a Townie who had the Town in their best interests.

So, as has been said, it's important to give out information as one goes along.

7 more days until a hard vote?

:thup:

Last edited:
I am leaning to changing my vote to Ropey at this point. If any of the no votes at the moment want to vote for someone or if someone wants to persuade me to pursue someone else, feel free to persuade me.

My reasoning is I trust Mani and SB at this point. They picked the scum right prior and didn't go with their gut. I still highly suspect the three i mentioned, but i am comfortable with Ropey.

I would not be surprised if I am a target tonight though. So if I die, just letting you know how i think.

I am leaning to changing my vote to Ropey at this point. If any of the no votes at the moment want to vote for someone or if someone wants to persuade me to pursue someone else, feel free to persuade me.

My reasoning is I trust Mani and SB at this point. They picked the scum right prior and didn't go with their gut. I still highly suspect the three i mentioned, but i am comfortable with Ropey.

I would not be surprised if I am a target tonight though. So if I die, just letting you know how i think.

Can you say why you think they were 'working together'? I didn't quite see it.

Next thing you know I'm going to be going into a Liberal's political post and tell them they are acting too Republicany to me and they are going to think I'm nuts. :lol:

Can you say why you think they were 'working together'? I didn't quite see it.

The votes, what else?

He most likely won't die tonight, but making sure we are in question is the goal.

Trying to catch up on posts at work, in between doing several different things.

My take on the pseudo votes:

I, for one, never agreed to them. They can be confusing and appear to be of benefit to scum only. I say that because if those of us that are townies start throwing out pseudo votes, if the person named happens to be scum, they have fair warning to change their posting style and will more than likely kill off the person that has called them out.

The potential lists some of us have given do help, though. They don't pinpoint one person, unlike the pseudo vote, but instead lets us throw out several names with our reason(s). I'll update mine later today or tonight, when time allows.

I'm thinking only the official votes should be tallied. Pseudo-votes should be handled by the players. That's how we did it years past. I confess it does get confusing. Reads Lists are pivotal in competitive Mafia; very useful.

Oh yeah, I'm still holding off on my vote for now. There's no reason to jump in and throw a name out when we still have several days to think this through. The only people that benefit from a rush vote are scum.

I'm thinking only the official votes should be tallied. Pseudo-votes should be handled by the players. That's how we did it years past. I confess it does get confusing. Reads Lists are pivotal in competitive Mafia; very useful.

I'm starting to consider them as pokes rather than votes and I think they are also very useful. Perhaps bolding hard votes and underlining soft votes or some such method of differentiation?

I'm starting to consider them as pokes rather than votes and I think they are also very useful. Perhaps bolding hard votes and underlining soft votes or some such method of differentiation?

Official votes are supposed to be in BOLD.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...a-game-2-enter-the-godfather.html#post9113187

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...a-game-2-enter-the-godfather.html#post9113187

Yes, but I'm thinking of some way to show the soft vote is a soft vote. A way that will stand out on scanning.

Maybe Underline

Yes, but I'm thinking of some way to show the soft vote is a soft vote. A way that will stand out on scanning.

Maybe Underline

Underline and Italics, all UPPERCASE would make it stand out more.

Also, increasing the font size, if someone wants it to stand out.

Forum List

Back