Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

That all sounds like unnecessary complexity to me.

I'm sticking with the proposal to fire a warning post if you plan to deliver the hammer, for the reasons I previously stated. It's simple, it's helpful, and only mafia have any motivation to quickhammer. I can't think of one good reason why a townie would object to this proposal.

Why not hard vote someone and then use the finger of suspicion on someone else?

And yes, we need to let each other know that we want to hammer and make sure most are o.k. with it unless it it right up to deadline and we need a vote. A no lynch is worse IMO.

And yes, we need to let each other know that we want to hammer and make sure most are o.k. with it unless it it right up to deadline and we need a vote. A no lynch is worse IMO.

I agree with Wolfsister. Use a combo of hard votes and finger of suspicion. If you want to drop the hammer, let everyone know.

If the majority votes for me on a hard vote, then my vote is also for me.

I'm one who goes with a majority, mostly.

Mostly

images

;)

Don't lynch Ropey.

This reads like he is the Town Bodyguard.....an interesting martyr role, to be sure. He is being very very obvious and very unwordy.

I read MeBelle as a straight shooter now that she has spoken for herself. So I gotta change my vote now.

Having suspected Mertex before, I do not now. Sowing confusion is just what she does, folks. She cannot help herself.

Which leaves me Café, Avatar, Mani, AyeCantSeeYou, dblack, R.D., Bones.....who am I missing and why?

My own postings reveal what I am not. I am not an important role playing townie this time, just a plain Vanilla one.

The thing that scum does not know is if I am bulletproof or not.

And I am keeping that little tidbit secret.

Regards from Rosie

I'm sure Wake will do his part and keep us updated on the vote counts. It's our job to make sure we see his posts.

By suggesting what you did above makes me think you are 1 of the 3. We townies have no way of talking with each other other than in this thread. We also don't know who the scum are, but the scum DO know who we are. Scum are able to talk with each other about what they are going to do and also devise a 'plan', so to speak, before posting in this thread, meaning they can have 2 of 3 being ''ok" with their kill. Scum pretty much depend upon the 'wolf pack' mentality; townies don't.

Mostly

images

;)

Don't lynch Ropey.

This reads like he is the Town Bodyguard.....an interesting martyr role, to be sure. He is being very very obvious and very unwordy.

I read MeBelle as a straight shooter now that she has spoken for herself. So I gotta change my vote now.

Having suspected Mertex before, I do not now. Sowing confusion is just what she does, folks. She cannot help herself.

Which leaves me Café, Avatar, Mani, AyeCantSeeYou, dblack, R.D., Bones.....who am I missing and why?

My own postings reveal what I am not. I am not an important role playing townie this time, just a plain Vanilla one.

Regards from Rosie

I agree with not lynching Ropey. Nothing in his posts, in this thread, come out as being scum-like.

it is not about him being scum like...we have to vote someone out

So let's pile on Avatar and have a whole lots less posts to wade thru! Ropey has posted so little, and then reveals himself all at once, bravely.

Bad lynch candidate...I'd lay money on it..

Regards from Rosie

I don't understand why Ropey isn't fighting. That doesn't sit right with me. I originally voted for him just to get things started. I thought his ignoring the fact he had votes made him seem innocent. But if he is town, why is he rolling over and playing dead?

I am leaning to changing my vote to Ropey at this point. If any of the no votes at the moment want to vote for someone or if someone wants to persuade me to pursue someone else, feel free to persuade me.

My reasoning is I trust Mani and SB at this point. They picked the scum right prior and didn't go with their gut. I still highly suspect the three i mentioned, but i am comfortable with Ropey.

I would not be surprised if I am a target tonight though. So if I die, just letting you know how i think.

Can you say why you think they were 'working together'? I didn't quite see it.

Creating confusion with the psuedo vote and using my opposition to it as reason to suspect me.

I don't understand why Ropey isn't fighting. That doesn't sit right with me. I originally voted for him just to get things started. I thought his ignoring the fact he had votes made him seem innocent. But if he is town, why is he rolling over and playing dead?

Why fight air? These are soft pokes. If you want me to fight, then I need hard pokes and if I feel that my e-death can help whittle down the scum, then I'm OK with being e-done. If I don't think my e-death will help, then I won't hard vote myself. It's about finding out who the scum are by applying logic.

If we are able to remove who isn't scum and if my e-death helps that, then it helps to narrow down the scum.

Now if I find what I think are scum and say it and then am killed as scum and found to not be scum, then it's a useful tool for logical exclusion as well as informed concern of a known townie.

That's my mindset so far.

It's an obvious attempt at reverse psychology. But that alone doesn't really indicate mafia or townie to me, since it's more of an attempt to simply not get lynched. The fact that he hasn't demonstrated any effort to figure anything out is why I'm sticking with my vote for now. He even said to pay attention to what people say and refer back to it if they're lynched, and then doesn't say diddly squat himself.

Mostly

images

;)

Don't lynch Ropey.

Regards from Rosie

Why would you announce that? If they still have to guess whether you are or not, they are going to have a harder time figuring out who to kill. I highly recommend any other innocents simply say that they are innocent and not specifically announce to others whether they are vanilla or not.

As I have no reason to suspect you too much right now, I believe you.

It's an obvious attempt at reverse psychology. But that alone doesn't really indicate mafia or townie to me, since it's more of an attempt to simply not get lynched. The fact that he hasn't demonstrated any effort to figure anything out is why I'm sticking with my vote for now. He even said to pay attention to what people say and refer back to it if they're lynched, and then doesn't say diddly squat himself.

I've given a soft poke and my view that I've got a few townies in mind and that time is not of the essence.

If you read all I've said, you will see that I've given a soft poke and said what's on my mind.

I'm sure Wake will do his part and keep us updated on the vote counts. It's our job to make sure we see his posts.

By suggesting what you did above makes me think you are 1 of the 3. We townies have no way of talking with each other other than in this thread. We also don't know who the scum are, but the scum DO know who we are. Scum are able to talk with each other about what they are going to do and also devise a 'plan', so to speak, before posting in this thread, meaning they can have 2 of 3 being ''ok" with their kill. Scum pretty much depend upon the 'wolf pack' mentality; townies don't.

I believe W is just referring to mani's plan in which he asked that the person who is the kill vote should let us know in case someone wants to change their vote before the kill is in. Of course the communication would be in the thread. That you'd think otherwise with no other indication makes you suspicious.

Of course, I am pretty darn paranoid in this game.

Ive been thinking about that and that bothers me too. I don't think I can vote for Ropey after all. Even though I trust SB and mani at this point.

Which brings us back to who other than me is there to lynch? Lynching me will be a waste. I am not the scum. It just gives my fellow citizens one less person they can rely on.

it is not about him being scum like...we have to vote someone out

So let's pile on Avatar and have a whole lots less posts to wade thru! Ropey has posted so little, and then reveals himself all at once, bravely.

Regards from Rosie

Thinking outside the box. I like it

How the heck is voting with several other people thinking outside the box?

Could be, but Im willing to let it play out so far. If he gives me more reason to suspect him I will.

[MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION] Who are you suspecting at this point?

Regards from Rosie

Thinking outside the box. I like it

How the heck is voting with several other people thinking outside the box?

Read her reason.

So let's pile on Avatar and have a whole lots less posts to wade thru!

Forum List

Back