Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Paging
@Sgt_Gath
@MeBelle
@Moonglow

any thoughts?

Just got caught up on what's been going on.

I'm still where I was originally on Bob. If he wants out, we should let him.

Should we maybe give him a deadline to respond by and replace him if he doesn't say something to explain himself by the time it expires?

Where the Mertex affair is concerned, the whole thing comes off as being "scummy" in general. The ability is scummy, her attitude towards it is scummy, and her defense of it is scummy.

Grandma's use of invulnerability special is kind of suspicious as well. However, seeing as how going after her would be a waste of time anyway ( lol ), I guess I'll have to stick with Mertex for the time being.

@Wake

Unvote

Vote: Mertex

You're thinking that it is scummy because you are listening to those that aren't thinking it through. The Mafia teams do not know who the members of the other Mafia Team are. If I happen to target (shield) a person that happens to be a Scum member of one team and the other Scum team just happens to have targeted themfor a NK, the scum person that I shielded would not have died anyway, but I end up dead. How that is supposed to help Town is beyond me, considering other things. So, go ahead, when I flip town it will be clear to everyone.

Hey, nothing personal as far as I'm concerned. I'm just trying to keep things moving and remain a regular participant here.

I don't know much about the game or the personalities here yet, so I figure everyone else's guesses are as good as mine at this point. lol

The deadline's a ways off yet, so I doubt you'll wind up being the one ultimately lynched anyway.

The thing is, did you understand my reasoning? You are saying that it's not personal but doesn't it make sense to you what I said? Did you read my post? You are claiming that the situation is scummy, but if you pay attention to what I said, it isn't scummy at all.

And, I know that it's a long way to lynch, and that's not what concerns me, what concerns me is that those claiming that what I'm doing is anti-town may be the ones that are actually anti-town.

Could be nothing, but there's just something about this post that doesn't sit right with me.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but I know it has nothing to do with Rosie.

Haters B Hatin' derp derp.

Regards from Rosie.

It is almost word for word an accusation Wolfie made against me earlier on in the game.

Being unoriginal and duplicating other's posts is Scummy.

TN openly asked for post content from Scum when he was Scum.

Cafe is infatuated with FA_Q2. He kisses up to her and she sidles right up to Scum. Fawned all over his Scummy self in the last game.

Regards from Rosie

There is the Rosie we know and ____!

Kind of bummer that I have to let someone else decide to who to protect though.

Why is that?

You can't know for sure what they'll use it for.
shrug.gif

You could get conned into giving it up to scum without knowing it, and have them use it to protect some other scum from getting lynched.

Scum cannot kill scum at night in this set up. If they had it, the most they could do would be to stop a town PR from being able to use their ability at night. With two scum NK attempts, there is a fair chance your jailor could stop a NK. The only problem is that unless they jailed you, you might be a sitting duck.

Sometimes votes can be pushed and someone ends up lynched pretty quickly.

I can see how that could happen.

However, right now, she's only got what, two votes, or three?

I don't think there's any reason to panic just yet. lol

Yeah, but Scum is ready to pounce on anyone that is not on their team. It has happened that people vote for someone, leave to go do something and come back to find that Wake has closed the thread and the person who they voted for (not giving it much consideration) is being lynched. I can't stop people from coming to their own conclusions, all I can do is try to explain why I did what I did, and by how Wake explained it to me, I believe I made the right choice.

Paging
@Sgt_Gath
@MeBelle
@Moonglow

any thoughts?

Should we maybe give him a deadline to respond by and replace him if he doesn't say something to explain himself by the time it expires?

Where the Mertex affair is concerned, the whole thing comes off as being "scummy" in general. The ability is scummy, her attitude towards it is scummy, and her defense of it is scummy.

Grandma's use of invulnerability special is kind of suspicious as well. However, seeing as how going after her would be a waste of time anyway ( lol ), I guess I'll have to stick with Mertex for the time being.

@Wake

Unvote

You're thinking that it is scummy because you are listening to those that aren't thinking it through. The Mafia teams do not know who the members of the other Mafia Team are. If I happen to target (shield) a person that happens to be a Scum member of one team and the other Scum team just happens to have targeted themfor a NK, the scum person that I shielded would not have died anyway, but I end up dead. How that is supposed to help Town is beyond me, considering other things. So, go ahead, when I flip town it will be clear to everyone.

Hey, nothing personal as far as I'm concerned. I'm just trying to keep things moving and remain a regular participant here.

I don't know much about the game or the personalities here yet, so I figure everyone else's guesses are as good as mine at this point. lol

The deadline's a ways off yet, so I doubt you'll wind up being the one ultimately lynched anyway.

The thing is, did you understand my reasoning? You are saying that it's not personal but doesn't it make sense to you what I said? Did you read my post? You are claiming that the situation is scummy, but if you pay attention to what I said, it isn't scummy at all.

And, I know that it's a long way to lynch, and that's not what concerns me, what concerns me is that those claiming that what I'm doing is anti-town may be the ones that are actually anti-town.

That's true.

However, to be fair, you could use the same reasoning for basically any "shield" type ability. You can't know for sure that the person you're choosing to protect is on the up and up.

Frankly, by your own reasoning, if you were scum, that'd just be all the more reason for you not to use the ability.

For a townie, it's a shit deal, but it might be worth it in a desperate spot. For scum, who are immune to roughly 50% of the attacks they might face anyway, it's completely useless.

I don't think it's "proof positive" one way or the other. I'm just saying that I can see where some of your accusers are coming from.

Last edited:
Sometimes votes can be pushed and someone ends up lynched pretty quickly.

I can see how that could happen.

However, right now, she's only got what, two votes, or three?

I don't think there's any reason to panic just yet. lol

Yeah, but Scum is ready to pounce on anyone that is not on their team. It has happened that people vote for someone, leave to go do something and come back to find that Wake has closed the thread and the person who they voted for (not giving it much consideration) is being lynched. I can't stop people from coming to their own conclusions, all I can do is try to explain why I did what I did, and by how Wake explained it to me, I believe I made the right choice.

No you didn't. Stealing FA_Q2's ability would have been the right choice.

Recycle kicks ass... that lucky bastard.

Paging
@Sgt_Gath
@MeBelle
@Moonglow

any thoughts?

@Wake

Unvote

That's true.

However, to be fair, you could use the same reasoning for basically any "shield" type ability. You can't know for sure that the person you're choosing to protect is on the up and up.

Frankly, by your own reasoning, if you were scum, that'd just be all the more reason for you not to use the ability.

For a townie, it's a shit deal, but it might be worth it in a desperate spot. For scum, who are immune to roughly 50% of the attacks they might face anyway, it's completely useless.

I don't think it's "proof positive" one way or the other. I'm just saying that I can see where some of them are coming from.

No, that's not true. There are other situations where a Townie can protect another person, and even if that person is Scum, the Townie that protected them doesn't die.

No, that's not true. There are other situations where a Townie can protect another person, and even if that person is Scum, the Townie that protected them doesn't die.

Well, yea. It's kind of a Catch 22 ability either way you want to look at it. No one's denying that.

I was just saying that it is moderately useful to town, where it's not useful at all to scum.

Well, yea. It's kind of a Catch 22 ability either way you want to look at it. No one's denying that.

I was just saying that it is moderately useful to town, where it's not useful at all to scum.

Unless scum wanted to use it to sell their cover as town.

Then... tada!

Yes, but for me, it was not.

Unless scum wanted to use it to sell their cover as town.

Then... tada!

The problem is in not knowing what you are taking. If I had known what other player's abilities were, I could have chosen to take one that benefitted Town and my own situation. As it turned out, it wasn't, but that doesn't make me Scum or scummy.

When you Activate "Jailer's Keys," you select one player. That player gains 1-Shot Jailkeeper status. Now, that one player may decide to use his or her ability during a Night phase, but only once, and that one player chooses who to jail.

@Wake

The Jailer's Keys special; do I get to select the target who gets sent to jail, or do I have to give the ability to someone else first?

The wording is kind of ambiguous. lol

The sum total of your position comes across as "I won't protect a member of town because it is more important that I live than that anybody else in town lives" which by implication is "I am the best player here and you cannot win without me". I don't think you can argue around that. You have created a bunch of interpersonal drama and told scum that you won't be using the power instead of leaving them guessing, the latter of which is more bothersome to me than the former.

The sum total of your position comes across as "I won't protect a member of town because it is more important that I live than that anybody else in town lives" which by implication is "I am the best player here and you cannot win without me". I don't think you can argue around that. You have created a bunch of interpersonal drama and told scum that you won't be using the power instead of leaving them guessing, the latter of which is more bothersome to me than the former.

Well, all I can say is that I am more valuable to town if I stay alive, but, I'm not an experienced player, so I don't know how to explain it to you any other way. If you don't understand what I am saying, then you will think what ever you want to think.

Well, all I can say is that I am more valuable to town if I stay alive, but, I'm not an experienced player, so I don't know how to explain it to you any other way. If you don't understand what I am saying, then you will think what ever you want to think.

You are missing the point that the ability makes you a strawman, which means you (an inexperienced player) would die in the place of a more experienced player that could stand to benefit the town more.

It's all about diving on a grenade for the benefit of your comrades.

Forum List

Back