Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

The more I read, the scummier Mertex sounds. She is not any more valuable than anyone else but I implicated that quite a bit as scum to keep town from lynching me in game 3. She also attacked me way more than she had to because she knows I'm a threat to her because I am very familiar with scum Mertex. Her talk of not protecting someone else is not a town mindset and also means the ability is worthless to her because scum would never use it.

No, that's not true. There are other situations where a Townie can protect another person, and even if that person is Scum, the Townie that protected them doesn't die.

The sum total of your position comes across as "I won't protect a member of town because it is more important that I live than that anybody else in town lives" which by implication is "I am the best player here and you cannot win without me". I don't think you can argue around that. You have created a bunch of interpersonal drama and told scum that you won't be using the power instead of leaving them guessing, the latter of which is more bothersome to me than the former.

Well, all I can say is that I am more valuable to town if I stay alive, but, I'm not an experienced player, so I don't know how to explain it to you any other way. If you don't understand what I am saying, then you will think what ever you want to think.

You are missing the point that the ability makes you a strawman, which means you (an inexperienced player) would die in the place of a more experienced player that could stand to benefit the town more.

It's all about diving on a grenade for the benefit of your comrades.

Inexperienced player does not equal to "not valuable player". I can understand why you don't get it, since you are new, but surely the more experienced Town players should. Maybe they don't.

Post above should be implied I was more important, not implicated, LOL. Also, Mertex would never tell me she isn't going to engage me any more if she was town. Also, has she done any town posting at all? Look at her posts. Nothing of substance.

The more I read, the scummier Mertex sounds. She is not any more valuable than anyone else but I implicated that quite a bit as scum to keep town from lynching me in game 3. She also attacked me way more than she had to because she knows I'm a threat to her because I am very familiar with scum Mertex. Her talk of not protecting someone else is not a town mindset and also means the ability is worthless to her because scum would never use it.

Whatever, Wolfie, you're doing a great job of getting Town to lose again. Good for you.

Whatever, Wolfie, you're doing a great job of getting Town to lose again. Good for you.

Right, you are oh so important. I forgot. And yes, I always make both town and scum lose because I play dumb according to you who is so much better and more important. BS

I'm not trying to push anyone's buttons. I'm just trying to defend myself. If you succeed, you are the ones that are going to look foolish, not me.

Right, you are oh so important. I forgot. And yes, I always make both town and scum lose because I play dumb according to you who is so much better and more important. BS

Cool it, it's okay, she's just trying to push your buttons. Don't let her succeed.

Okay, I'll go ahead and use my ability. Why don't you tell me who I should use it on, Grandma.

Wolfie, why don't you give me a suggestion on who I should use the ability on? I'll be glad to do it. Maybe you and Grandma can come up with a suggestion and I'll use it to prove to you that I'm Town.

I'm not trying to push anyone's buttons. I'm just trying to defend myself. If you succeed, you are the ones that are going to look foolish, not me.

It seems to me she is trying to tell us something here. And her doing it so blatantly, knowing scum is reading too may indicate she is hinting at something. She could be trying to save her hide, but I'm not convinced she is scum.

Wolfie, why don't you give me a suggestion on who I should use the ability on? I'll be glad to do it. Maybe you and Grandma can come up with a suggestion and I'll use it to prove to you that I'm Town.

And why would giving this plan out in the open for all to see be helpful?

Forum List

Back