Ohio woman sues says she was fired for voting for Obama

Leaving out the exceptions when trying to claim an employer can terminate you for any reason is not a "little" missed detail.

I missed realizing that idiots such as yourself wouldn't have included anti-descrimination laws in my response. After all they've only been around for about 40 fucking years!

Discrimination.

Why would someone include something like that when your assertion was that "your employer can terminate your job on a moment's notice for any reason, whether good, bad, indifferent or for no reason at all"?

Hey look I already apologized for failing to recognize your ignorance.

So get over it!!

But you don't own my business.

and you dont OWN the infrastructure this country provided with which your business could NOT opperate.

You think you are so special that no one else would fill the gap left by your leaving the country?

Oh m

Dude your NOT that special

Oh my goodness here we go again, tm do you realize there is no goverment without buisness owners?

do you realize peope who start businesses are jsut people and that others can do it to when the market can bare an opening.

Its time for the people who have their own businesses to STOP trying to pretend they are more better than all other human beings.

Luck and good employees is why most businesses make it

and you dont OWN the infrastructure this country provided with which your business could NOT opperate.

You think you are so special that no one else would fill the gap left by your leaving the country?

Oh m

Dude your NOT that special

Oh my goodness here we go again, tm do you realize there is no goverment without buisness owners?

do you realize peope who start businesses are jsut people and that others can do it to when the market can bare an opening.

Its time for the people who have their own businesses to STOP trying to pretend they are more better than all other human beings.

Funny the harder i work the luckier I seem to get.

Saying that it's nothing but luck that determines whether or not a business succeeds shows your contempt of people who strive to do more than the rest of the sheep.

No, but once they've given them a job, they have to treat them decently.

Period.

Or do you think that if someone refused to give her boss a "Lewinsky", she should be fired with no recourse to law?

You're fucking stupid!!

Using your logic once you hire someone you can never fire them.

No, it means you have to show cause before you fire them.

That you have a good business case for letting them go, you tried everything you could to correct their performance, and they still didn't improve. That's an absolutely good reason to let someone go.

That you didn't like the person they voted for... that's really none of your fucking business. This is where there should be big lawsuits and big settlements.

No you don't.

You are stupid.

Why go through to expense of improving an employees performance when it's cheaper to fire that guy and hire someone that don't need their hand held.

Most employers don't have time, money or the patience to coddle every employee.

Saying that it's nothing but luck that determines whether or not a business succeeds shows your contempt of people who strive to do more than the rest of the sheep.

I didnt say it was nothing but luck.

See how your brain works.

You did a good thing starting a business.

It took brains and hard work on your part.

You made it and Now you do a good job maintaining that initial success.

Now you reap the rewards.

If you do not know it was partly luck that your business made it then you have a puffed head.

You see this is what happens to some people when they opperate a successful business, they start to think they are really special and are the smartest people who walk the earth because it all worked out so well.

If you fail to admitt the luck in the equation you get a fat head.

they dont have time to train their employees.

you would make a crappy business owner

I said nothing about training you moron.

You need to go back to school and educate yourself.

I suggest you start back at the third grade and go from there.

If I hire someone I'm hiring them for their skill set and if additional training is required for certain task, i.e. competent scaffold person, firewatch, hole watch, etc.... that's not common to their trade then yes it's on the employer to make sure his/her employees receive the proper training. That's a given.

In my line of work, you have to pass several exams before you would even be considered eligible for employment. In short, you would never be hired.

I have known a few business owners who didnt know what they had.

They didnt recognise who really built their business.

A resturant owner who doesnt know the Cook IS THE REASON they get so much return business

Now tell me how many times you left a job to have the owner of the business beg you to come back?

Where I live in Ohio, they'd rather you join the KKK than vote Democrat.

That must teach ignorance in Ohio, the KKK was the creation of the Democratic party.

So what you're basically saying is you'd rather be a Democrat than vote Democrat.

:cuckoo:

That's because "luck" is simply a derivative of hard work. That's my experience anyway, and I think I should know.
I started my own service business back in '95 and have worked my ass off in trying to build a reputation of honesty and dependability.
I started with absolutely nothing except a desire to get out from underneath the thumb of my previous employer. I walked out on a bi-weekly paycheck and walked into a situation where I had to provide my own income. If I didn't go out and get it, it didn't get brought in at all.
The only 'luck' I had was that I had already spent 20 years learning my trade and had that experience behind me when I was called on to repair a problem with my customer's equipment. Again though, that same 'luck' was there due only to the previous 20 years of hard work.
BTW I'm getting ready to retire soon. I'm negotiating the sale of my business, and the price range we are discussing will be more than enough to support me and my family for some time. "Luck"? I think not.

Last edited:
Now tell me how many times you left a job to have the owner of the business beg you to come back?

Never.

I retired from my first job after Red sold the company to Boots and they had more than enough qualified people to fill my position. I'm currently consulting for an engineering/construction firm as well as co-owning a gun shop. I've never been unemployed.

I have had offers from headhunters over the years but no owners has ever begged me.

That must teach ignorance in Ohio, the KKK was the creation of the Democratic party.

So what you're basically saying is you'd rather be a Democrat than vote Democrat.

Yea, Texas, execution capital of the US, is really a leader in education. You guys get a governor yet who can speak in complete sentences?

I missed realizing that idiots such as yourself wouldn't have included anti-descrimination laws in my response. After all they've only been around for about 40 fucking years!

Discrimination.

Why would someone include something like that when your assertion was that "your employer can terminate your job on a moment's notice for any reason, whether good, bad, indifferent or for no reason at all"?

So get over it!!

Can your employer terminate your job on a moment's notice for any reason, whether good, bad, indifferent or for no reason at all or not?

This is a yes or no question.

Last edited:
Discrimination.

So get over it!!

Can your employer terminate your job on a moment's notice for any reason, whether good, bad, indifferent or for no reason at all or not?

Are you talking about terminating the position or the employee?

Yea, Texas, execution capital of the US, is really a leader in education. You guys get a governor yet who can speak in complete sentences?

Is that all you got? A feeble attempt at an insult to cover up your own ignorance.

Discrimination.

So get over it!!

Yes, as long as no laws are violated.

Forum List

Back