Old Republican people

Republicans are doing nothing to shed their 'greedy angry old white guy' image. In fact, they're reinforcing it everyday. That image is a big turn-off in General Elections.
We in the mainstream GOP are trying to change that. It's folks like the weasel that are trying to drag us back to the bad old fifties.

You are claiming to be a republican?

Sooooo what was your opinion on McCain?

Democrats had the power, your twist doesn't alter facts. Because the Democrats were in the south doesn't mean they weren't Democrats. Accuracy is not your goal.
Quit blubbering. Yes, the Dems had the power and passed the CRA with the minority help of good GOP.

The conservatives in the South, Dems and GOP, almost universally voted against the CRA.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
You continue to stuff your fingers up your ass, sniff them and post here in your elated state. No one agreed with you and I've never seen you post anything worth thin king about. If you insult me I'll return the favor, flaming is all you know how to do.

Go ahead and prove that conservatives favored segregation if you want to try. The topic is about how Republicans were the racists. Try to read the fucking thread.
Lol....who are modern conservatives?
I'm one of them. No one can read your mind, you like to state half assed questions and expect people to know what you're talking about.
You are no modern conservative at all, just a jack off far right reactionary.

Well, that's a rational response... :lol:

What a leftwing hack you are Jake.

I hope we can get the WH: I am not sure that is probable.

I believe the GOP will lose the Senate by three or four votes at the least because of the demographics of the seats up for grabs and because folks come out in droves in a national election.

We should keep the House and keep whittling out the far right wackos.

Republicans are doing nothing to shed their 'greedy angry old white guy' image. In fact, they're reinforcing it everyday. That image is a big turn-off in General Elections.
We in the mainstream GOP are trying to change that. It's folks like the weasel that are trying to drag us back to the bad old fifties.

Jake's a far left whackaloon posing as a conservative. Problem is that he jacks off to all things Obama and is far left of Bernie Sanders. He's full-of-shit.. everyone knows this... that's why we all make fun of him.

American conservative principles are based in the Age of Enlightenment beliefs of the FOunding Fathers. Individual rights and freedoms were obviously a big part of that. NOt group rights, individual rights and freedoms. Social justice lumps people into groups and grants special protections and rights based on past disadvantages.
This divides and segregates them. As I said, utter nonsense.
The Founders would turn your ass into the alley because of your lame-o response. Respond correctly, dimwit.

The FOunding Fathers would be fine with me commenting on their philosophy.

NOthing I said would strike them as lame.

NOw, your moronic and arrogant comment? WOuld likely get you horsewhipped.
You have been caught in two lies and your stupidity insisting you are like the Founders.

NOthing in this post has any connection to reality.

I think Jake got ahold of bad batch of meth...

There may very well be some real problem there.

He should probably spend more time on a less upsetting social chat room, something fandom related perhaps.

Not trekkies.

Quit blubbering. Yes, the Dems had the power and passed the CRA with the minority help of good GOP.

The conservatives in the South, Dems and GOP, almost universally voted against the CRA.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
You continue to stuff your fingers up your ass, sniff them and post here in your elated state. No one agreed with you and I've never seen you post anything worth thin king about. If you insult me I'll return the favor, flaming is all you know how to do.

Go ahead and prove that conservatives favored segregation if you want to try. The topic is about how Republicans were the racists. Try to read the fucking thread.
Lol....who are modern conservatives?
I'm one of them. No one can read your mind, you like to state half assed questions and expect people to know what you're talking about.
You are no modern conservative at all, just a jack off far right reactionary.

Well, that's a rational response... :lol:

What a leftwing hack you are Jake.
It was a completely rational response to someone right of the TP. :lol:

Jake's a far left whackaloon posing as a conservative. Problem is that he jacks off to all things Obama and is far left of Bernie Sanders.

That is far more credible than what he is claiming.

You are claiming to be a republican? Sooooo what was your opinion on McCain?
Jake's a far left whackaloon posing as a conservative. Problem is that he jacks off to all things Obama and is far left of Bernie Sanders.
It is very credible the far right reactionaries will keep trying to fuck up the rational GOP, and we will keep tossing the TP out into the weeds.

That it is working is the fact that Cruz can gain no traction in his campaiogn and Santorum and Perry and the other wacks are far out of sight.

You are claiming to be a republican? Sooooo what was your opinion on McCain?
It is very credible the far right reactionaries will keep trying to fuck up the rational GOP, and we will keep tossing the TP out into the weeds.

That it is working is the fact that Cruz can gain no traction in his campaiogn and Santorum and Perry and the other wacks are far out of sight.

Tell me your personal views on John McCain.

Segregation exists only within a socially conservative worldview. Civil rights are inherintly within a socially liberal worldview.
Regardless of party, it was the conservatives who resisted as well as resented the civil rights movement.

That is utter nonsense.

1. Social conservatism is a group of political ideologies centred around preserving traditional beliefs, attitudes and philosophy, in the face of socialprogressivism.
  1. Social liberalism is a political ideology that seeks to find a balance between individual liberty and social justice.
Which is more likely to advocate for social change such as civil rights? How is that ideological difference apparent in today's civil rights issues?

American conservative principles are based in the Age of Enlightenment beliefs of the FOunding Fathers.

Individual rights and freedoms were obviously a big part of that. NOt group rights, individual rights and freedoms.

Social justice lumps people into groups and grants special protections and rights based on past disadvantages.

This divides and segregates them.

As I said, utter nonsense.

Utter nonsense?
Is the ideological difference apparent in today's civil rights struggles?
Choose one of the many threads regarding same sex marriage and tell me what you see.

I addressed that above.

American conservatives champion individual rights, while American progressives want to discriminate in favor of traditionally disadvantaged groups.

This segregates people.

As I said, your belief that segregation can only occur in a conservative world view is utter nonsense.

Changing societal norms to give voice to and include those who were historically left out is an inherintly progressive undertaking. Segregation is an anathema to liberal thinking while conservative would naturally be resistant to such change.

That is utter nonsense.

1. Social conservatism is a group of political ideologies centred around preserving traditional beliefs, attitudes and philosophy, in the face of socialprogressivism.
  1. Social liberalism is a political ideology that seeks to find a balance between individual liberty and social justice.
Which is more likely to advocate for social change such as civil rights? How is that ideological difference apparent in today's civil rights issues?

American conservative principles are based in the Age of Enlightenment beliefs of the FOunding Fathers.

Individual rights and freedoms were obviously a big part of that. NOt group rights, individual rights and freedoms.

Social justice lumps people into groups and grants special protections and rights based on past disadvantages.

Utter nonsense?
Choose one of the many threads regarding same sex marriage and tell me what you see.

I addressed that above.

American conservatives champion individual rights, while American progressives want to discriminate in favor of traditionally disadvantaged groups.

This segregates people.

As I said, your belief that segregation can only occur in a conservative world view is utter nonsense.

1. Social liberalism is a political ideology that seeks to find a balance between individual liberty and soci
That is utter nonsense.

Utter nonsense?

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

Changing societal norms to give voice to and include those who were historically left out is an inherintly progressive undertaking. Segregation is an anathema to liberal thinking while conservative would naturally be resistant to such change.

Changing societal norms to give voice to and include those who were historically left out is an inherently progressive undertaking.

The way it is being done by modern liberals SEGREGATES modern Americans into Protected Groups and Whites/white males.

Do you consider President Nixon to have been a progressive?

Utter nonsense?

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

1. Social liberalism is a political ideology that seeks to find a balance between individual liberty and soci

Utter nonsense?

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

Changing societal norms to give voice to and include those who were historically left out is an inherently progressive undertaking.

The way it is being done by modern liberals SEGREGATES modern Americans into Protected Groups and Whites/white males.

I think you're in the weeds with your "modern segregation" idea.
Nixon in some ways was progressive, sure.
He started the EPA , opened China.
T.R. was also progressive. He set up the national parks and was a trust buster.

Last edited:

Utter nonsense?

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

Utter nonsense?

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

Tell it to the New Haven Fire FIghters.

Nixon desegregated the majority of segregated school.

But he was quite conservative in foreign policy and a hard line anti-communist.

YOur belief that segregation is only something that can happen in a conservative world view is very self serving and, as I have shown, simply not true.

Utter nonsense?

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

Utter nonsense?

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

YOur belief that segregation is only something that can happen in a conservative world view is very self serving and, as I have shown, simply not true.

Obviously Nixon was not a hardcore social conservative. Do you think he could get the GOP nomination today?

Utter nonsense?

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

Utter nonsense?

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

One, every president since Hoover's last two years has been a progressive. Two, you have offered no conclusive evidence that modern progressivism segregates deliberately by law folks from one another. White older males (generally) have segregated themselves voluntarily because they are steadily losing their political power, which drives them wack.

HutchS: Obviously Nixon was not a hardcore social conservative. Do you think he could get the GOP nomination today?

Jake: Absolutely not. Neither could Ford nor Reagan today.

Last edited:
I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

I addressed that above.

This segregates people.

Obviously Nixon was not a hardcore social conservative. Do you think he could get the GOP nomination today?

His Law and Order platform was certainly not liberal, nor was his congressional work on the House Un-American Activities Committee.

Could he get the nomination? Depends on the competition.

"Nixon desegregated the majority of segregated school" is either the biggest lie or the most ignorant statement on the board today.

Make all the assertions you want, but don't state them as fact if common knowledge does not support it.

You are the ignorant one.

Richard Nixon - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"The Nixon years witnessed the first large-scale integration of public schools in the South.[180] Nixon sought a middle way between the segregationist Wallace and liberal Democrats, whose support of integration was alienating some Southern whites.[181] Hopeful of doing well in the South in 1972, he sought to dispose of desegregation as a political issue before then. Soon after his inauguration, he appointed Vice President Agnew to lead a task force, which worked with local leaders—both white and black—to determine how to integrate local schools. Agnew had little interest in the work, and most of it was done by Labor Secretary George Shultz. Federal aid was available, and a meeting with President Nixon was a possible reward for compliant committees. By September 1970, less than ten percent of black children were attending segregated schools."

What is your opinion of JOhn McCain?

"Nixon desegregated the majority of segregated school" if true is the result of his commitment to social progressivism to create a better America, not because he was Republican or a far right conservative. The number is open for debate.

Make all the assertions you want, but don't state them as fact if common knowledge does not support it.

In fact, "In 1970, seven states -- Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina -- continued to enforce the dual school system. This was in clear defiance of the Supreme Court's 1954 decision in Brown v. Topeka Board of Education, which declared dual school systems to be unconstitutional. It was also in defiance of a 1969 court decision ordering an end to further delay." These did not make up a "majority" if school systems. How a Republican Desegregated the South s Schools - NYTimes.com

You could argue that Nixon had the remaining school systems of seven states desegregated, and you would have been correct.

Why are you asking about McCain? Was he progressive, yes. Was he Republican, yes. Was he a neo-con, you betcha. Would have been a good president, I think so.

Forum List

Back