One more great pick by Trump

A judge could release documents themselves. Or as this one is doing is communicating how Barr fucked up, the message is loud and clear.
The judge cannot release a document under the purview of the DOJ.

Anyone is free to "communicate" his opinion of Barr. The judge's opinion has no more legal force than my opinion.

This is a FOIA case, so yeah the judge could rule that more of the Mueller report be released.
He could, but Barr will appeal it and win.

Well, at least you admitted you're wrong even if you don't understand that.
I didn't admit I was wrong.

See what I mean?

Considering how Barr Deep Six'ed the Iran-Contra findings for Ray-Gun, Bush and accomplices, how the fuck is anyone surprised that he is a "Toady for Trumpybear".

Look at you......bringing back the Ray-gun thingy. How retro.....and pathetic.

Trumpybear fan?

Come on, considering his mental state at the end, I just can bring myself to call him Ronnie Headrest anymore

Judge blasts William Barr for distorting Mueller report

RYAN J. REILLY
Mar 5th 2020 6:34PM
A federal judge appointed by President George W. Bush laid into Attorney General William Barr’s “lack of candor” in a court opinion on Thursday, accusing the nation’s chief law enforcement official of producing a “distorted” summary of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 election.

U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton, in an opinion issued in the course of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by BuzzFeed, questioned whether Barr intended to create a “one-sided narrative” that would benefit President Donald Trump.

“The speed by which Attorney General Barr released to the public the summary of Special Counsel Mueller’s principal conclusions, coupled with the fact that Attorney General Barr failed to provide a thorough representation of the findings set forth in the Mueller Report, causes the Court to question whether Attorney General Barr’s intent was to create a one-sided narrative about the Mueller Report — a narrative that is clearly in some respects substantively at odds with the redacted version of the Mueller Report,” Walton wrote.

And now we have Chief Justice Roberts calling balls and strikes??? Just one more Republican POS Speaks out against Schumer but not the Trump AH

Republicans can't face the truth that Barr is scum cut in the Trump mold They both deserve the same fate

Barr released a summary of the Mueller report before its public release that mischaracterized the report’s findings in a manner that helped Trump. Mueller complained to Barr that his summary “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s full report, but the report shaped public opinion on the findings of the Mueller investigation for weeks.

Walton also criticized Barr for holding a press conference ahead of the report’s release last April, saying he could not “reconcile certain public representations made by Attorney General Barr with the findings” of the Mueller report:

The inconsistencies between Attorney General Barr’s statements, made at a time when the public did not have access to the redacted version of the Mueller Report to assess the veracity of his statements, and portions of the redacted version of the Mueller Report that conflict with those statements cause the Court to seriously question whether Attorney General Barr made a calculated attempt to influence public discourse about the Mueller Report in favor of President Trump despite certain findings in the redacted version of the Mueller Report to the contrary

give it about 10 minutes and all the Trumpians will be in here attacking the judge as if he is satan himself.

Republicans can't face the truth that Barr is scum cut in the Trump mold They both deserve the same fate
And what fate is that, Eddie?
I'll let you use your warped imagination.......

Barr released a summary of the Mueller report before its public release that mischaracterized the report’s findings in a manner that helped Trump. Mueller complained to Barr that his summary “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s full report, but the report shaped public opinion on the findings of the Mueller investigation for weeks.

Walton also criticized Barr for holding a press conference ahead of the report’s release last April, saying he could not “reconcile certain public representations made by Attorney General Barr with the findings” of the Mueller report:

The inconsistencies between Attorney General Barr’s statements, made at a time when the public did not have access to the redacted version of the Mueller Report to assess the veracity of his statements, and portions of the redacted version of the Mueller Report that conflict with those statements cause the Court to seriously question whether Attorney General Barr made a calculated attempt to influence public discourse about the Mueller Report in favor of President Trump despite certain findings in the redacted version of the Mueller Report to the contrary

give it about 10 minutes and all the Trumpians will be in here attacking the judge as if he is satan himself.
Why is anyone surprised, that is an establishment judge. The Bush family hates Trump.
so do over 60 million americans

What's your point, Edie? You don't like Trump? You have TDS....bad?
You're actually a fence sitter when it comes to Trump?
truth be told Mr Meister I despise the ground that human poc walks on and those surrounding him too My problem lies in the fact that if Sanders wins my financial well being is going down hill That's why I've said I'll only vote for Biden whom I think is twice the human being than that slug Trump

Can I use this pathetic excuse of a reply whenever you are critical of anyone but Trump?

Considering how Barr Deep Six'ed the Iran-Contra findings for Ray-Gun, Bush and accomplices, how the fuck is anyone surprised that he is a "Toady for Trumpybear".

A judge's job is to interpret the law. It's not to decide whether speeches are correct.

Actually a judge can insist the public receives accurate information.
He can "insist" with the same legal authority that you or I insist. He has no legal standing in the matter. His job is to rule on the decisions of lower court judges, not on whether someone is exercising his First Amendment rights according to the judge's preferences.

A judge could release documents themselves. Or as this one is doing is communicating how Barr fucked up, the message is loud and clear.

Anyone is free to "communicate" his opinion of Barr. The judge's opinion has no more legal force than my opinion.

This is a FOIA case, so yeah the judge could rule that more of the Mueller report be released.

tds-liberal-trump-should-be-in-jail-me-for-what-62357318.png

“The inconsistencies between Attorney General Barr’s statements, made at a time when the public did not have access to the redacted version of the Mueller Report to assess the veracity of his statements, and portions of the redacted version of the Mueller Report that conflict with those statements cause the Court to seriously question whether Attorney General Barr made a calculated attempt to influence public discourse about the Mueller Report in favor of President Trump despite certain findings in the redacted version of the Mueller Report to the contrary,” the judge said.

He also focused on Barr’s decision to issue the March 2019 summary letter weeks before the report itself was to be put out.

“The speed by which Attorney General Barr released to the public the summary of Special Counsel Mueller’s principal conclusions, coupled with the fact that Attorney General Barr failed to provide a thorough representation of the findings set forth in the Mueller Report, causes the Court to question whether Attorney General Barr’s intent was to create a one-sided narrative about the Mueller Report — a narrative that is clearly in some respects substantively at odds with the redacted version of the Mueller Report,” he said.

OK, the judge is whining about AG Barr's summary?! What part of "no collusion, no crime" doesn't the judge get? The democrats just impeached Trump and didn't have any Articles regarding Mueller's Report. So what? Who cares what Buzzfeed's issue is? Barr can appeal whatever this judge says and win easily. There is no "there" there.

What part of "no collusion, no crime" doesn't the judge get?
What part of "no collusion, no crime" is a lie do you not get?

You still don't seem to appreciate that Billy the Bagman completely mischaracterized Mueller's report. The Trumpleton lies are so ingrained you can't admit the truth.
Mueller proved obstruction but felt he could not indict the prez because of the OLC prohibition. He said it in the report, he said it in open testimony. You just can't deal with the facts because...............brainwashed.

Actually a judge can insist the public receives accurate information.
He can "insist" with the same legal authority that you or I insist. He has no legal standing in the matter. His job is to rule on the decisions of lower court judges, not on whether someone is exercising his First Amendment rights according to the judge's preferences.

Why would you want more of the Mueller report released? So you leftists can keep pretending there's evidence of Trump colluding with the Russians. You people sure love to get humiliated.
and republicans can't see the forest for the trees

Read it and weep, Trumpists.

Memo
Seriously hack, why are you barking up this NOTHINGBURGER tree again?
How would you know?

When you've never read the redacted Mueller Report let alone the unredacted Report, and only rely on Barr's distorted and untruthful summary, and listened to ONLY what Trump the pathological liar repeats ad nauseam?

Sure, that makes it easier for you to repeat their lies, by not actually informing yourself, but do you really want to go through your life being so uninformed due to pure laziness and with this lack of curiosity of what the actual TRUTH is...?

What part of "no collusion, no crime" doesn't the judge get?
What part of "no collusion, no crime" is a lie do you not get?

You still don't seem to appreciate that Billy the Bagman completely mischaracterized Mueller's report. The Trumpleton lies are so ingrained you can't admit the truth.
Mueller proved obstruction but felt he could not indict the prez because of the OLC prohibition. He said it in the report, he said it in open testimony. You just can't deal with the facts because...............brainwashed.

WRONG!! Its not "Mueller's Report" its "AG Barr's Report written by Mueller"
There are two parts to the Mueller Report, Part-1 is the "No Collusion" part, and Part-2 is the "No Obstruction" part.
The Mueller Report belongs to the AG, it was authorized by the AG, it was presented to the AG, its his fucking report, he could have shredded it if he wanted to. The AG summarized his report as "No Collusion, No Obstruction". There was no crime, period.

As He Orders Private Review Of Its Redactions
Judge Bashes Barr's Rollout Of Mueller Report As He Orders Private Review Of Its Redactions

A federal judge said Thursday that Attorney General Bill Barr’s “lack of candor” about special counsel Robert Mueller’s findings — in representations of Mueller’s report that “distorted” its conclusions — had prompted the judge to decide to review an unredacted version of the report behind closed doors.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton came in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit brought by a Buzzfeed reporter and the Electronic Privacy Information Center, a civil liberties group. They’re seeking an unredacted version of Mueller’s report, and have pointed to Barr’s misleading statements about the report before it was released to raised doubts about what the Department had decided to redact.

Judge Walton said on Thursday that he agreed with the challengers’ assessment that the Department “dubious[ly] handl[ed] … the public release of the Mueller Report” and the judge said he had “grave concerns about the objectivity” of that process.
.................................................................................................................
Everyone (but Trumpette's) knows Billy the Bagman "distorted" Mueller's findings.

LOL, Muller's investigation was built on "lack of candor" from the FBI.

Read it and weep, Trumpists.

Memo
Seriously hack, why are you barking up this NOTHINGBURGER tree again?
How would you know?

When you've never read the redacted Mueller Report let alone the unredacted Report, and only rely on Barr's distorted and untruthful summary, and listened to ONLY what Trump the pathological liar repeats ad nauseam?

Sure, that makes it easier for you to repeat their lies, by not actually informing yourself, but do you really want to go through your life being so uninformed due to pure laziness and with this lack of curiosity of what the actual TRUTH is...?
Mueller found no collusion, nor obstruction.

Deal with it, idiot.

Why is anyone surprised, that is an establishment judge. The Bush family hates Trump.
so do over 60 million americans
Funny how they didn't until he ran against that whore.

“The inconsistencies between Attorney General Barr’s statements, made at a time when the public did not have access to the redacted version of the Mueller Report to assess the veracity of his statements, and portions of the redacted version of the Mueller Report that conflict with those statements cause the Court to seriously question whether Attorney General Barr made a calculated attempt to influence public discourse about the Mueller Report in favor of President Trump despite certain findings in the redacted version of the Mueller Report to the contrary,” the judge said.

He also focused on Barr’s decision to issue the March 2019 summary letter weeks before the report itself was to be put out.

“The speed by which Attorney General Barr released to the public the summary of Special Counsel Mueller’s principal conclusions, coupled with the fact that Attorney General Barr failed to provide a thorough representation of the findings set forth in the Mueller Report, causes the Court to question whether Attorney General Barr’s intent was to create a one-sided narrative about the Mueller Report — a narrative that is clearly in some respects substantively at odds with the redacted version of the Mueller Report,” he said.
257408544_780b91e9c8.jpg

truth be told Mr Meister I despise the ground that human poc walks on and those surrounding him too My problem lies in the fact that if Sanders wins my financial well being is going down hill That's why I've said I'll only vote for Biden whom I think is twice the human being than that slug Trump
Trump lets you know who he is....take it or leave it type of attitude.
Biden hides who he is, you'll get a smile and wink right before he slices your throat.
As far as I know and admit it's not a lot about Biden ,he has no past that refers to what you say about him Seems to me a man who has lost a wife and 2 children has become quite humble in his ways and how he treats others On the other hand yes you have some one who lets you know just who he is If that scum is OK with you and so many others here so be it ,give him 4 more and see how much more damage he can do

I don't feel a bit damaged, ed. You?
Personally ,No But what of others around the country ? Those who have seen clean water clean air acts diminished by this ah in our WH who casts aspersions on science and our scientists? Who thinks he know more but knows less than those around him?
:auiqs.jpg:

How would you know?

When you've never read the redacted Mueller Report
You don't have to see the redacted portions to read Mueller's findings on obstruction. Or for that matter on what is loosely described as collusion. The redacted portions would no doubt add more granular detail, especially to the duplicity of Stone. But there is plenty there to draw informed conclusions. Especially with respect to obstruction since Mueller lays out his case in great detail..................despite Big Fat Don's refusal to answer written questions and despite the admin's illegal stonewalling of subpoenas.

Why A Judge’s Rebuke Of Barr’s Mueller Report Shenanigans Was So Remarkable
Why A Judge's Rebuke Of Barr's Mueller Report Shenanigans Was So Remarkable

"A federal judge’s assertions Thursday that Attorney General Bill Barr made “misleading” statements about special counsel Robert Mueller’s report sent shockwaves through the legal community.

The judge’s allegations that Barr “distorted” Mueller’s findings in a perhaps “calculated attempt to influence public discourse about the Mueller Report in favor of President Trump” was a remarkable scolding of a sitting attorney general, and one that comes as other actions Barr has taken related to Mueller’s probe have come under increased scrutiny.

Seasoned legal experts said they had never seen anything like the opinion that U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton of Washington, D.C., issued in a Freedom of Information Act case. In his stinging ruling, the judge ordered the Justice Department to produce for his own review an unredacted version of Mueller’s report because Walton couldn’t trust the government’s stated reasons for withholding redactions of the report.

What stood out to former federal prosecutors is that Walton called out Attorney General Bill Barr by name. The judge said that the way Barr rolled out the Mueller report called into question Barr’s “credibility” and thus the claims that the Justice Department now was making about the report’s redactions.

“I have never seen an attorney general called out this way before by a judge for making misrepresentations,” Harry Sandick, a former federal prosecutor, told TPM in an email."

Forum List

Back