🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One of the following MUST be true about God

"
False Dilemma

When you reason from an either-or position and you haven't considered all relevant possibilities you commit the fallacy of false dilemma.
Examples:
  1. America: Love it or leave it.
  2. Death is nothing to fear. It is either annihilation or migration.
  3. Be my friend or be my enemy.
  4. Are you a Republican or a Democrat?
  5. If you're not going to heaven, you must be going to you-know-where.
  6. Good students will study and learn without the threat of an exam, and bad students won't study and learn even with the threat of an exam. So, exams serve no purpose
  7. Since there is nothing good on TV tonight, I will just have to get drunk.
  8. Obviously great mathematicians are born, and not made. John had all the best opportunities and is only mediocre at math. But Kara was good at math from the beginning.
  9. On the quad, I see the jocks in one corner, the rebels in another, and the intellectual set in yet another. Which one of these groups do you hang out with?
  10. You ask how I can know that you're struggling financially? It's simple: in a capitalist economy, you either win big or you lose big, and I know you're not one of the big winners."
False Dilemma : Department of Philosophy : Texas State University

Feel free to tell me the choices I didn't include. I'm all ears.

Nope. If you want to present garbage as if it's pate, go for it. But don't expect to be taken seriously.

People who believe in God are certifiably insane? Can you show me that in the DSM-IV?

That's not what I said is it. People who only "believe" in god are weak and gullible or subject to peer pressure. People who claim to have had a variety of "experiences" AKA hallucinations regarding a personal one on one meeting of some kind with a god are lying or crazy.

You did say that, look at the quote. Instead of manning up you you tried to pretend you didn't say what you said.

Aren't you one of the members of the Godsquad that claimed to have had "visions" or "heard god"? OK you are a liar or crazy. Happy now? :lol:

As I thought. So you have no answer as to why God permits children to suffer from terrible diseases. No answer, nothing, no response.
When all one does is drum up the worst possible scenario and then blame (the hypothetical) Creator for not preventing it... it's obvious what the intent of the whole exercise is.

If you are going to allow for the existence of the God of the bible, even merely for the sake of attacking His character, then in all fairness you must accept the description of God outlaid in the bible, in its entirety.

In doing so, you must then concede that if you are dealing with an innocent child that contracts cancer (though I've never heard of a single case) and dies, what you end up with is a soul that was once in that child, now living an immortal life in heaven with God, suffering no pain or misery or sadness, and being so ensconced with peace and joy, the last thing on this soul's mind would be its fleeting experience on Earth.

The hypothetical child is infinitely happier than any of us on Earth. So what's the problem?

Last edited:
That's not what I said is it. People who only "believe" in god are weak and gullible or subject to peer pressure. People who claim to have had a variety of "experiences" AKA hallucinations regarding a personal one on one meeting of some kind with a god are lying or crazy.

You did say that, look at the quote. Instead of manning up you you tried to pretend you didn't say what you said.

Aren't you one of the members of the Godsquad that claimed to have had "visions" or "heard god"? OK you are a liar or crazy. Happy now? :lol:

Who said they heard voices or had visions?

God told me that for the OP not to worry as to whether or not there is a God. You can see him from Hell after you find out.

Garden of Eden and free will allowed humans to make possible misery for children

"
False Dilemma

When you reason from an either-or position and you haven't considered all relevant possibilities you commit the fallacy of false dilemma.
Examples:
  6. Good students will study and learn without the threat of an exam, and bad students won't study and learn even with the threat of an exam. So, exams serve no purpose
  8. Obviously great mathematicians are born, and not made. John had all the best opportunities and is only mediocre at math. But Kara was good at math from the beginning.
  9. On the quad, I see the jocks in one corner, the rebels in another, and the intellectual set in yet another. Which one of these groups do you hang out with?
  10. You ask how I can know that you're struggling financially? It's simple: in a capitalist economy, you either win big or you lose big, and I know you're not one of the big winners."

That would appear not to be the case, since every time this has been done you have failed to hear it.

"
False Dilemma

Examples:

That would appear not to be the case, since every time this has been done you have failed to hear it.

This is actually funny, coming from the guy who refuses to acknowledge the reasons I have provided for doubting the existence of God.

Stay a hypocrite. It suits you well.

Your reason that God can't exist is that you don't understand him.

That's not a valid reason. Fail.

Your reason that God can't exist is that you don't understand him.

That's not a valid reason. Fail.

I've asked you to explain what I am not understanding and yet you refuse.

We both know who has failed here.

God made everything, including evil. Doesn’t that mean god is iherently evil? It’s a contradiction, how does anyone resolve that? Why is there evil the world when a all-knowing and all controlling god lets this magically escape him? God made this conundrum, the devil. EVIL. Why? Please, if god loves us, why create such pain and suffering? It’s a “plan”. There is a divine reason for all this. Oh, really? That’s what nine out of ten terrorists say for killing people they never met. Allah works in mysterious ways, my holy arse.

God made everything, including evil. Doesn’t that mean god is iherently evil? It’s a contradiction, how does anyone resolve that? Why is there evil the world when a all-knowing and all controlling god lets this magically escape him? God made this conundrum, the devil. EVIL. Why? Please, if god loves us, why create such pain and suffering? It’s a “plan”. There is a divine reason for all this. Oh, really? That’s what nine out of ten terrorists say for killing people they never met. Allah works in mysterious ways, my holy arse.

There is evil in the world because man chooses evil.

And always has.

God allows it, because through pain we are tempered. He made us a perfect world, and we rejected it. So we suffer and die...but ultimately, we'll be reunited with God (if we choose to be).

There is evil in the world because man chooses evil.

And always has.

God allows it, because through pain we are tempered. He made us a perfect world, and we rejected it. So we suffer and die...but ultimately, we'll be reunited with God (if we choose to be).

That remark is patently stupid. The biology that includes the animals is almost entirely made up of a predator prey dynamic. Every animal that exists is eventually eaten by some other animal. Killing...AKA murder is the way of the world and was long before humans showed up. Animals also steal from one another with no hesitation. Calling this a "perfect" world now or before man showed up is stupid.

'

Put in a quarter, and the gobbledy-gook clichés spew out of the KG recording device.

Forum List

Back