One party control

Quit being so fucking dramatic you baby. Our political climate, regardless of party will never result in that, Jesus.

Those circumstances are entirely different, you ask for an intelligent give/take conversation and then you immediately take any answer and jump off the deep end with it.

Keep dreaming. The US is exactly headed for that outcome. Wake the hell up and read a book. In fact here's a good one for you, "The NAZI Seizure of Power". We're in chapter 5 right now.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Nazi-Seizure-Power-Experience/dp/0531056333]The Nazi Seizure of Power: The Experience of a Single German Town, 1922-1945, Revised Edition: William Sheridan Allen: 9780531056332: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Yes, we are. But will the media cover it? Will any commentator dare to admit what is happening? WTF is wrong with the people in this country? Are they all so ignorant and uneducated that the are unable to see what is going on?

The media is a part of it. They call themselves the Fourth Estate for a reason. They feel they are a part of the ruling class and they actively support anything that undermines the Constitution and individualism.

Nutters never......and I mean never.......make any real effort to have a decent discussion, Redfish. You do not listen.

Your "discussion" always precludes the other side. Hardly grounds for a reasonable, well thought discussion. Your "discussion" scoffs at, laughs at, sits smugly - as though you are some sort of "educated" pseudo-intellectual who knows the answer before the question is asked.

Typical liberal.

Did you see my reply to this OP?

It was simple, fair and clear. And then it was ignored by every fucking nutter here....including the OP.

I wish I had a dollar for every even-handed, insult free, calm and reasoned post I have submitted here.....that was never responded to by you assholes.

You get what you deserve when I mock you. You fucking dickhead.

Nutters never......and I mean never.......make any real effort to have a decent discussion, Redfish. You do not listen.

Your "discussion" always precludes the other side. Hardly grounds for a reasonable, well thought discussion. Your "discussion" scoffs at, laughs at, sits smugly - as though you are some sort of "educated" pseudo-intellectual who knows the answer before the question is asked.

Typical liberal.

It was simple, fair and clear. And then it was ignored by every fucking nutter here....including the OP.

I wish I had a dollar for every even-handed, insult free, calm and reasoned post I have submitted here.....that was never responded to by you assholes.

that's the other consideration with you liberal assholes: You don't get your way, you "take your ball and go home".

Again - typical liberal

You clowns are so easy.

Typical liberal.

that's the other consideration with you liberal assholes: You don't get your way, you "take your ball and go home".

Again - typical liberal

You clowns are so easy.

I heard they were gonna shut down the gummit

Typical liberal.

Again - typical liberal

You clowns are so easy.

We are so easy...that you cannot even come close to matching us. We defeat you with facts....we defeat you with humor and we defeat you with common sense.

The intelligent conservatives here cringe at your lameness. True story.

Again - typical liberal

You clowns are so easy.

We are so easy...that you cannot even come close to matching us. We defeat you with facts....we defeat you with humor and we defeat you with common sense.

Like I said - pseudo-intellectual. The operative word, at least in your case is "pseudo"

Since not one of you would answer my earlier question on this, let me put it in a new thread.

Do any of you believe that the country would be better off with one party in full control of the government? Yes or no and why.

No talking points please, lets see if we can have a civil rational discussion of this.

Would you really like the whole country to look like California?

Again - typical liberal

You clowns are so easy.

Like I said - pseudo-intellectual. The operative word, at least in your case is "pseudo"

You are one jealous fucker. You might want to address that.

Since not one of you would answer my earlier question on this, let me put it in a new thread.

Do any of you believe that the country would be better off with one party in full control of the government? Yes or no and why.

No talking points please, lets see if we can have a civil rational discussion of this.

I wouldn't mind Illinois being the second healthiest state and having a few mountains or two.

Lake Michigan is nice, but an ocean would be a bit better.

The way things are going it will look more like Detroit or Somalia.

Last edited:

Yes -- and this is how a democracy is supposed to work. A party wins elections by selling its vision to the voters. Then it moves to implement that vision. Then voters decide whether it was a success, end either keep the party in power, or vote it out.

That is how it works in most democratic countries because the government there is appointed by and is accountable to the parliament.

The US system of government is deeply flawed. Founding Fathers were meaning to prevent a dictatorship, but they have overdone the checks and balances. What we ended up with is a system that requires the parties to compromise -- and that often means that no one's vision is implemented the way it was supposed to. Therefore the voters are left with no idea on whether that vision had any merit to it.

So instead of moving forward and learning by trial and error, we are stuck in a permanent gridlock.

Last edited:

You are one jealous fucker. You might want to address that.

:lol:

What's next? "I know you are but what am I?" :lol:

So easy.

Again - typical liberal

You clowns are so easy.

plus pseudo-humor and pseudo-facts.

leftards are always so angry, as they demonstrate on this thread - one would be really interested - why, why are they always reeling with rage?

Yes -- and this is how a democracy is supposed to work. A party wins elections by selling its vision to the voters. Then it moves to implement that vision. Then voters decide whether it was a success, end either keep the party in power, or vote it out.

That is how it works in most democratic countries because the government there is appointed by and is accountable to the parliament.

The US system of government is deeply flawed. The Founding Fathers were meaning to prevent a dictatorship, but they have overdone the checks and balances. What we ended up with is a system that requires the parties to compromise -- and that often means that no one's vision is implemented the way it was supposed to. Therefore the voters are left with no idea on whether that vision had any merit to it.

So instead of moving forward, and learning by trial and error, we are stuck in a permanent gridlock.

If you want one party rule, get the fuck out of the US!!!

When the alternative is republicans that listen to tea party crazies???? YES!!!

as expected the first libtard posts bullshit.

lets try again:
No talking points please, lets see if we can have a civil rational discussion of this

Ask most of America. They will probably give you the same answer involving the Tea Party.

Just because it violates your delicate sensibilities does not mean it is wrong. The truth hurts.

The TPM is highhandedly responsible for the condition of the GOP at this point, they are also going to be the ones that will make a single party system happen. The Dems learned how to control the vocal far far left, they shut them out of politics, GOP needs to do the same thing or they will be dust in the wind.

Is a single party system good? I don't know, not too many precedents there.

Whattya talkin' about? You ever heard of a place called the USSR?

Not to mention, South Africa is reportedly not doing so hot lately because the ruling ANC has not strong alternative, at least at the moment. Without decent competition, there's no real reason to fear failure.

The US system of government is deeply flawed. The Founding Fathers were meaning to prevent a dictatorship, but they have overdone the checks and balances. What we ended up with is a system that requires the parties to compromise -- and that often means that no one's vision is implemented the way it was supposed to. Therefore the voters are left with no idea on whether that vision had any merit to it.

So instead of moving forward, and learning by trial and error, we are stuck in a permanent gridlock.

Our Congresspoeple might not be able to agree on gay rights or immigration (ie "gridlock"), but when it comes to unlimited Quantitative Easing and sending billions of dollars every month over to the big banks for their MBS risk - everyone seems to agree!

-When it comes to not prosecuting executives who knew about massive amounts of fraud occurring in their organization pre-2008 - everyone seems to agree!
-When it comes to signing the "Monsanto protection act" - everyone seems to agree!
-When it comes to the NDAA 2012 (and indefinite detention of US citizens w/out trial) - everyone seems to agree!
-When it comes to maintaining a half-trillion military budget, feeding the Military Industrial Complex - everyone seems to agree!

See where I'm going with this?

Last edited:

To an extent I agree. Yet to another extent I completely disagree. I applaud the Founders use of "checks and balances" and don't find them "flawed" in the least. Yes, the intention was to prevent a monarchy (or in this case a dictatorship) and those same "checks and balances" have worked as promised since the inception of this country; proving, yet again, what geniuses these men were.

The founders were all too aware of what could potentially happen if people are left to their own devices. Frankly, as much as I hate the gridlock that we constantly find ourselves in, I absolutely prefer the "plodding along" of our system as compared to the system that is now being bandied about by liberals - a one party dictatorship.

The problem (at least as I see it) is the extreme levels of acrimony that exists between the (R) and the (D) and the compete lack of respect between these so-called "leaders" that claim to represent the American people.

Our system of government works well. It is our system of "leadership" that is highly suspect.

Last edited:
as expected the first libtard posts bullshit.

lets try again:
No talking points please, lets see if we can have a civil rational discussion of this

Ask most of America. They will probably give you the same answer involving the Tea Party.

Just because it violates your delicate sensibilities does not mean it is wrong. The truth hurts.

The TPM is highhandedly responsible for the condition of the GOP at this point, they are also going to be the ones that will make a single party system happen. The Dems learned how to control the vocal far far left, they shut them out of politics, GOP needs to do the same thing or they will be dust in the wind.

Not to mention, South Africa is reportedly not doing so hot lately because the ruling ANC has not strong alternative, at least at the moment. Without decent competition, there's no real reason to fear failure.

Erik, you're a fucking hypocrite. You wholeheartedly support permanent one party Leftist rule in the US. you are not fooling anyone.

Erik, you're a fucking hypocrite. You wholeheartedly support permanent one party Leftist rule in the US. you are not fooling anyone.

And you're a fucking stupid wingnut, which is why you come to that conclusion. As usual, you know what you can do with it.

:asshole:

Forum List

Back