OSHA to expand COVID mandate?

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
The Biden administration’s emergency COVID-19 vaccination requirement released today could be expanded in the future to employers who have fewer than 100 workers.

The emergency temporary standard, issued by the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and scheduled to go into effect on Friday, is presented as only applying to firms that have 100 or more employees.

But OSHA is seeking public comments on that aspect of the standard, and it may be ultimately expanded to include smaller businesses, the agency said in the 490-page document.

OSHA said it is “soliciting stakeholder comment and additional information to determine whether to adjust the scope of the ETS,” or emergency standard, “to address smaller employers in the future.”

The agency is seeking perspectives from employers, it indicated (pdf).

“OSHA seeks information about the ability of employers with fewer than 100 employees to implement COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing programs,” it said.

This isn't a done deal, they haven't done this yet, but I think they will. Interesting to see how the courts rule on this, does the federal gov't have the power to decide what is good for you against your own wishes?

I was speaking to someone that has to deal with this and he noted that in the language proposed, employee's who choose to take the weekly test route can be held responsible for the costs of weekly tests.

1636059827459.png

There is no law so no one has to abide nor follow govt mandates. My company has over a 100 employees and they're not following it. Nothing is going to happen because its not law.

They have no obligation to follow it right now. As noted it gives businesses till Jan 4.

I DO NOT support mandates but that does not mean one can not discuss what is happening. What will happen is you will get vaccinated OR get tested weekly. It's up to your company whether or not they make you pay for that.

I imagine the lawsuits will fly but so far as far as I have seen they all have failed.

There hasn't been a challenge to the federal mandate. State and local mandates have been upheld going back a century, but there is no precedent in American history of the federal government pushing such a policy, nor nothing I can see in the Constitution that gives them the right to do so.

They have no obligation to follow it right now. As noted it gives businesses till Jan 4.

I DO NOT support mandates but that does not mean one can not discuss what is happening. What will happen is you will get vaccinated OR get tested weekly. It's up to your company whether or not they make you pay for that.

My company isn't following any of their mandates. No penalties if you do or don't get a shot. No one is being told they have to take a weekly test. There is no law.

There hasn't been a challenge to the federal mandate. State and local mandates have been upheld going back a century, but there is no precedent in American history of the federal government pushing such a policy, nor nothing I can see in the Constitution that gives them the right to do so.

I don't disagree but I'm going off the fact that every single lawsuit has lost. Courts no longer hold the Federal government and state governments to different standards.

Forum List

Back