Our New Speaker Thinks the Earth is 6,000 Years Old

Well, this is reassuring.

The new Speaker appears to believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Before arriving in Washington less than a decade ago, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a deeply religious Christian, was a legal crusader associated with a fringe evangelical movement called “young Earth creationism,” based on a literal reading of the Bible’s Book of Genesis that posits the Earth is only several thousand years old.​
In the mere hours since Johnson was elected speaker Wednesday, he hadn’t had to address his views on creationism and evolution. But his close ties to a leader of the creationist movement and his past legal work — on behalf of the Ark Encounter creationist theme park, where children can learn that dinosaurs were passengers on Noah’s Ark — seem to suggest that he’s also personally aligned with these beliefs.​

“The Ark Encounter is one way to bring people to this recognition of the truth, that what we read in the Bible are actual historical events,” Johnson said in a 2021 interview with Ark Encounter founder Ken Ham while guest-hosting the radio showof Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, an evangelical activist group.​

/----/ This post from a libtard who thinks men can have menstrual cycles and have babies.

It’s his proposal.

I became concerned about this guy when he said “God had chosen him to lead at this important time”.

How come God only chooses Republicans? God apparently chose Trump, but neither Obama nor Biden

Such beliefs aren't dangerous to women. No one is going to die on account of this belief. But women are already dying because they cannot access timely reproductive health care in many parts of the USA.

Um. those beliefs have actual consequences for women, men in restrooms, men taking scholarships and prizes in sports from women, men taking jobs and agency from women. Johnson's beliefs do nothing unless the 50%+1 of the house agrees with him.

Um. those beliefs have actual consequences for women, men in restrooms, men taking scholarships and prizes in sports from women, men taking jobs and agency from women. Johnson's beliefs do nothing unless the 50%+1 of the house agrees with him.

It shows he is willing to ignore basic facts.

It shows he is willing to ignore basic facts.

Theories, not facts. Pretty compelling theories, but theories just the same.

I am not a creationist, but I am far more worried about idiots trying to compel me to deny things like a man can become a woman, things I can realize are lies with my own eyes than his belief in creationism.

Theories, not facts.

The fact that the Earth is far, far older than people like the speaker wants to believe is a fact.

Pretty compelling theories, but theories just the same.

I am not a creationist, but I am far more worried about idiots trying to compel me to deny things like a man can become a woman, things I can realize are lies with my own eyes than his belief in creationism.

I was not speaking on his beliefs on Creationism. Personally the theories aren't all that important to me either way.

The fact that the Earth is far, far older than people like the speaker wants to believe is a fact.

I was not speaking on his beliefs on Creationism. Personally the theories aren't all that important to me either way.
Not a shred of evidence says that only theories and flawed testing

Al Gore did not predict Ellis Island would be under water by 2003.

The USA is losing $200 billion per year in wildfires, flooding and massive numbers of severe weather events. There’s a “storm of the century” ever 5 years.

Insurance company are leaving Florida. And if you can’t get insurance, you can’t get a mortgage.

You truly are an economic moron. Investment in infrastructure is not a “government handout”.

Green manufacturing and investment has grown throughout the United States over the past 40 years, even though the government has refused to acknowledge its necessity and refused to contribute.

Americans would rather blow things up in overseas wars than invest in the American people at home.
Wild fires are out of control because liberals refuse to cut the under brush. Also more people are living in Florida so there is more of an impact when there is a hurricane. Also gore predicted the beaches would be miles inland. So there would be no Ellis island. In fact every prediction about global warming has been a lie.

No one around can verify that. Dating relies on technologies and theories.

Theories I agree with, but we can't call them facts.

Well, this is reassuring.

The new Speaker appears to believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Before arriving in Washington less than a decade ago, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a deeply religious Christian, was a legal crusader associated with a fringe evangelical movement called “young Earth creationism,” based on a literal reading of the Bible’s Book of Genesis that posits the Earth is only several thousand years old.​
In the mere hours since Johnson was elected speaker Wednesday, he hadn’t had to address his views on creationism and evolution. But his close ties to a leader of the creationist movement and his past legal work — on behalf of the Ark Encounter creationist theme park, where children can learn that dinosaurs were passengers on Noah’s Ark — seem to suggest that he’s also personally aligned with these beliefs.​

“The Ark Encounter is one way to bring people to this recognition of the truth, that what we read in the Bible are actual historical events,” Johnson said in a 2021 interview with Ark Encounter founder Ken Ham while guest-hosting the radio showof Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, an evangelical activist group.​

And many here believe you're a moron

Your shithole Fascist country locked people up and confiscated their property for simply disagreeing with your cuck PM, Moron.

No, they locked people up defying court orders to stop destroying public property, and they returned the money these people illegally raised, to the people who donated it to them.

See how stupid you are for believing that it had anything to do with the Prime Minister. Or that the government "took their money". In Canada, con artists aren't allowed to keep the proceeds of their crimes.

You can believe what you wish.......................obviously.

It's not what I believe, its what evidence is presented and how it is presented.

I am not a creationist, but I don't think they have more impact than say a Trans advocate trying to make it legal to mutilate and drug children.

It's not what I believe, its what evidence is presented and how it is presented.

I am not a creationist, but I don't think they have more impact than say a Trans advocate trying to make it legal to mutilate and drug children.

As I said, irrelevant. You don't have to pick between the two.

No one around can verify that. Dating relies on technologies and theories.

Theories I agree with, but we can't call them facts.

Marty, your beliefs are not "facts". Your belief that the scientists are wrong, has no basis in anything that remotely resembles a "fact".

Science isn't absolute but Flat Earthers like you have existed since the dawn of time. Galileo was found guilty of heresy for publishing a paper that said the Earth is round and the Earth and planets revolve around the Sun. The Catholic Church tried him because the Church taught that the Earth is the centre of the Universe, and that Sun, Moon and Planets all revolve around the Earth.

In the 50's, 60's and 70's, I'll bet you smoked cigarettes because the scientists got that one wrong too.

Forum List

Back