Our President telling the press what to report

The press give Obama a total reak they help elect him and carry his water daily. In their opinion he is better than sliced bread, he can do no harm. Oh please...Bush has gotten more bad press than any president I can recall in recent history. News outlets are always picking apart his every utterance and can't WAIT to report on any gaffs. When there are none, then they go hunting for something obscure and pounce on that.

Obama denounces emphasis on health care protests - Yahoo! News

Notice how when the press is reporting things he likes he never complains?

Not only that Gunny...but the Dear Leader is now asking for the names of people who are "dissenters"!!

He has sent out emails and asked people to report others who are against healthcare reform!!!

What the f*ck is going on with this CLOWN!!!!!

That's another outright lie perpetuated by the right-wing. There is no "enemies" list. Rather, there is an invitation to report the type of information that a citizen believes to be true and an answer can usually be found at the new website (found within the link below). After all, even letters to Obama or his staff can be anonymous. Why would they bother spending time trying to figure out the name of a person who wrote it and add him to an "enemies" list. THINK!!!

Something worth forwarding

Funny......Goebells said the same thing that MaggieMae is saying here, in the 1930's when the Nazi's were hunting Jews.

Last edited:
You are correct, but Obama is setting a dangerous precendent by "denouncing the news media's emphasis on angry protesters at town hall meetings."
Its Nixonian.

And we all know what happened to tricky dick.

Actually, its Bushian, who imitated Nixon. BHO just doesn't take crap from the loozers.

Bush didn't imitate anyone fool.

Obama has pre-screened all of the participants in his town hall meetings to present a false picture to the country.....your lord and master is full of dog sh!t.

And yet they are prevented from erasing any said emails by federal law so they've got a list and may do with it anything they like. By the way like it or not Gibbs has as much as admitted that such a list exists in a recent press conference. I don't no where Obama got that guy. Maybe he was better before the lobotomy?

Every president has a genuine "enemies" list. Why would that be unreasonable? But for Obama, one would think names would be those such as Dick Armey, rather than Joe Blow from East Podunk with a goofy screen name. Doesn't everyone know who their real enemies are, even in their personal lives? Of course.

As for Gibbs, I agree that he's not an effective press secretary. For one thing, I think it's obvious he doesn't like the job very much, but then who would? Again, it wouldn't be unusual to go through two or three during a single term. All presidents usually do. But I'm sure if it happens to Obama, it will make SCREAMING RED HEADLINES LIKE IT'S THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like that they actually do so would be a good start. By the way maggie if you believe anything MSNBC told you, you shouldn't be let out with out a keeper and I hope your mommie is making sure you don't buy too many Nigerian lottery tickets.

So....what should I be watching? FOXNEWS? Uh huh...
smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-013.gif

I watch more C-Span than everyone else combined on this board, I'll bet. I always have something running in the background. Then I'll catch news and commentary on CNN and MSNBC in the evening. I wouldn't watch F.A.U.X if somebody paid my monthly mortgage.

Last edited:
He's the most thin-skinned President ever. And this carries down to all his underlings and Obamaphile minions...

I love it when people play psychiatrist. Good job!

Don't be a fool. You have no idea how "thin-skinned" Obama is.
He makes it quite evident every day, and if you had read his books (I have) you would not only know that he is thin-skinned, but also know why.

Instead of demonstrating yourself to be a fool, try getting educated on the topic!

My guess is that someone flagged certain portions of Obama's books for you, if you indeed read them at all.

Not only that Gunny...but the Dear Leader is now asking for the names of people who are "dissenters"!!

He has sent out emails and asked people to report others who are against healthcare reform!!!

Here report yourself :eusa_angel:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/85153-flagging-operations.html

I love it when people play psychiatrist. Good job!

Don't be a fool. You have no idea how "thin-skinned" Obama is.
He makes it quite evident every day, and if you had read his books (I have) you would not only know that he is thin-skinned, but also know why.

Instead of demonstrating yourself to be a fool, try getting educated on the topic!

I am educated on the topic. I also was a licensed therapist. And you're talking out of your ass.

Hey, Maurader wants to be a CW superstar and how better to promote himself in that realm than by hating Barack Obama?

The President did not tell the press what to report. If he did, you didn't get that from the article you linked to.

You are correct, but Obama is setting a dangerous precendent by "denouncing the news media's emphasis on angry protesters at town hall meetings."
Its Nixonian.

And we all know what happened to tricky dick.

So...as someone has already correctly pointed out, why would Obama go against his best interests by denouncing the media? You people simply make no sense. (But there's no surprise there.)

The press give Obama a total reak they help elect him and carry his water daily. In their opinion he is better than sliced bread, he can do no harm. Oh please...Bush has gotten more bad press than any president I can recall in recent history. News outlets are always picking apart his every utterance and can't WAIT to report on any gaffs. When there are none, then they go hunting for something obscure and pounce on that.

Not in the first six months of his term. Not even until the Iraq war started going bad. Educate yourself.

That's another outright lie perpetuated by the right-wing. There is no "enemies" list. Rather, there is an invitation to report the type of information that a citizen believes to be true and an answer can usually be found at the new website (found within the link below). After all, even letters to Obama or his staff can be anonymous. Why would they bother spending time trying to figure out the name of a person who wrote it and add him to an "enemies" list. THINK!!!

Something worth forwarding

Funny......Goebells said the same thing that MaggieMae is saying here, in the 1930's when the Nazi's were hunting Jews.

When the debate is lost, insert Nazism even if it doesn't remotely fit the occasion. Grow up.

Okay backing off a taking a look at arms length and getting my usual partisan ass out of the way. What an earlier poster said was exceedingly accurate. Clinton bicthed about all that coverage going to Monica, Nixon Bitched about all the Watergate coverage, Hell about the only president I can remember not bitching about how the media treated him to any great extent was Reagan and that was largely because Reagan was better at using the media than the media folks were and because of that the media's constant sniping didn't impact much of anything other than their own credibility.

So basically this is just more of the same with a little extra preaching to choir thrown in for good measure. The only media that really bothers him is of course Fox News which actually does report crap and does a good job of it.

Last edited:
Okay backing off a taking a look at arms length and getting my usual partisan ass out of the way. What an earlier poster said was exceedingly accurate. Clinton bicthed about all that coverage going to Monica, Nixon Bitched about all the Watergate coverage, Hell about the only president I can remember not bitching about how the media treated him to any great extent was Reagan and that was largely because Reagan was better at using the media than the media folks were and because of that the media's constant sniping didn't impact much of anything other than their own credibility.

So basically this is just more of the same with a little extra preaching to choir thrown in for good measure. The only media that really bothers him is of course Fox News which actually does report crap and does a good job of it.

If by a "good job" you mean reporting what they consider "crap" to the exclusion of any other headlines, you would be correct. I wonder when Lou Dobbs will follow Glenn Beck's trail from CNN to FOX.

Fox isn't the only media outlet out to "get Obama," however. I would include The Drudge Report, from which many conservative outlets retrieve their news stories in the early hours of the morning and run with them. By the time noon rolls around, Drudge's impetus has dictated cable news as well.

You really think CNN and the rest of the alphabet soup bunch are out to get Obama? You need to put away the wacky baccy it's beginning to affect your judgement.

Who cares? You're free to criticize the president when you don't like what he does - why shouldn't the president criticize the press when he disagrees with him. It's not like he's taking away their right to disagree - but he has just as much of a right to say whatever he likes.

I think you are missing the point here.

Who cares? You're free to criticize the president when you don't like what he does - why shouldn't the president criticize the press when he disagrees with him. It's not like he's taking away their right to disagree - but he has just as much of a right to say whatever he likes.

I think you are missing the point here.

By all means, enlighten me.

Because Obama is a Federal Government official. The Bill of Rights protects the people from the Government. One of those rights is freedom of the Press. When a government official denounces the press, it is setting a dangerous precedent. He should remember who his bosses are.

sorry guy he cant start a precedented that was preempted by Nixonamong other before Obama could spell Democrat.

Forum List

Back