Outrageous And Uncalled For: Harriet Tubman Wins Vote For Possible Face On $20 Bill

I think the nominees are all good ones.
What's wrong with keeping Jackson? He whipped the British (Who torched the White House) at New Orleans and kept this nation from falling in the hands of a foreign sovereignty. In essence, he preserved our freedoms. He is a patriotic iconic figure to look up to. Those women belong on a stamp or something else.

According to the history books, that battle may have been needless. The Treaty of Ghent, which ended the War of 1812, was signed on the very same day the New Orleans battle began. As heroic as Jackson might have been, he did NOT keep his nation from "falling into the hands of a foreign sovereignty". The British couldn't afford to keep a war going in 2 paces at the same time and the French were a lot more of a problem. They gave up all claim to America at that point.

On the other hand, what did the heroic Jackson do following his election? Wasn't he personally responsible for breaking nearly every treaty signed with Natives? Didn't he begin the Trail of Tears and drive the Natives off their ancestral lands and into worthless desert and certain poverty? Didn't he begin the country's very 1st welfare system (having food delivered to the reservations where the Natives could no longer hunt or grow their own food), however scant and irregular it was? THIS is a guy worthy of the honor of being pictured on a US banknote?

I know that honest facts seem to get in the way of our thinking sometimes, so ignore this if you feel in any way threatened.
To hell with the injuns and YES HE IS worthy of being on a banknote. It is why he's there in the first place.
Shut up, pussy
Nope. I will exercise my 1st Amendment rights.

I fully support you there. You should speak your mind, loudly and clearly.

Why on Earth are they considering changing ? I mean big deal if they put Tubman on our currency, but it's a different matter entirely if they just up and decided "oh we need a woman, let's get rid of Jackson"

That is stupid.
Jackson was against the central bankers and a national hero. Tubman didn't do shit worthy of anything to deserve national status.

Jackson lost, Tubman won. America loves a winner.

Why on Earth are they considering changing ? I mean big deal if they put Tubman on our currency, but it's a different matter entirely if they just up and decided "oh we need a woman, let's get rid of Jackson"

That is stupid.
Jackson was against the central bankers and a national hero. Tubman didn't do shit worthy of anything to deserve national status.

Shut the fuck up

Why not Harvey Milk?

All the money printed since Obama set the presses on "full auto" has been queer......

Milk doesn't hold a candle to Tubman. What she accomplished can only be considered phenomenal. One of the truly great Americans.

What's wrong with keeping Jackson? He whipped the British (Who torched the White House) at New Orleans and kept this nation from falling in the hands of a foreign sovereignty. In essence, he preserved our freedoms. He is a patriotic iconic figure to look up to. Those women belong on a stamp or something else.

According to the history books, that battle may have been needless. The Treaty of Ghent, which ended the War of 1812, was signed on the very same day the New Orleans battle began. As heroic as Jackson might have been, he did NOT keep his nation from "falling into the hands of a foreign sovereignty". The British couldn't afford to keep a war going in 2 paces at the same time and the French were a lot more of a problem. They gave up all claim to America at that point.

On the other hand, what did the heroic Jackson do following his election? Wasn't he personally responsible for breaking nearly every treaty signed with Natives? Didn't he begin the Trail of Tears and drive the Natives off their ancestral lands and into worthless desert and certain poverty? Didn't he begin the country's very 1st welfare system (having food delivered to the reservations where the Natives could no longer hunt or grow their own food), however scant and irregular it was? THIS is a guy worthy of the honor of being pictured on a US banknote?

I know that honest facts seem to get in the way of our thinking sometimes, so ignore this if you feel in any way threatened.
To hell with the injuns and YES HE IS worthy of being on a banknote. It is why he's there in the first place.
Shut up, pussy
Nope. I will exercise my 1st Amendment rights.

I fully support you there. You should speak your mind, loudly and clearly.

Yes, when he does it serves to highlight his abject ignorance...

This is a disgrace to the country and everyone who has fought and died for it.

As someone who has fought for this country, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. How dare you use me to support your nonsense. Show enough balls to stand on your own feet, you little toad, and don't pretend it represents anyone but you.

As someone who has fought for this country, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. How dare you use me to support your nonsense. Show enough balls to stand on your own feet, you little toad, and don't pretend it represents anyone but you.
So you're the only one who's fought for the country ehh?

This is Obama's work.

I'm sorry. Did that go over your head?

Guess I'll have to explain it to you - or at least give you a tool to help you figure it out.

Y'see, Harvey Milk is the better candidate, from the liberal perspective, because he was a martyred gay. He therefore deserves a place on the $20 bill!

Harriet Tubman misses on one small point:

Was Harriet Tubman lesbian

But don't just read the link and wonder, go ahead, be brave; click on it!

Guess I'll have to explain it to you - or at least give you a tool to help you figure it out.

Y'see, Harvey Milk is the better candidate, from the liberal perspective, because he was a martyred gay. He therefore deserves a place on the $20 bill!

Yeah fuck that. I don't want another christian on our 20 dollar bill.

I'm appalled by the religious biased in this country.

The bottom Line, America is going to look more like her then you

browning-of-america.jpg

So you're the only one who's fought for the country ehh?

This is Obama's work.

Not the only, but I don't claim to speak for the others. I speak for myself. And now you want to blame Obama because you have no balls. I apologize to toads for suggesting you might be their equal.

As a veteran, I second that. Speak for yourself, superman

Why would I care what is better from a liberal perspective? I don't care what people's personal sex lives are. I'm not a voyeur.

Forum List

Back