Over 50% of US babies were born on Medicaid

But, since PP has been brought up, I find it amusing that Trump's campaign promise to defund it on day one has failed, along with everything else he has promised, and surely that must have been the easiest promise to keep.

Not really. PP funding was mixed in with Medicaid, and that has to be rewritten all over again which is a lot of work. But I do agree with you that it's a failed promise. Of course, it's only been six months. And I'm sure if they defund PP, some liberal activist judge will stop it like they have with his other agendas. Democrats don't believe in the separation of powers.

"If a hungry child is not fed, that child will learn to steal, and society has created another criminal"
Vandalshandle, 2017

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right the expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

Ray From Cleveland, post
And why is my solution so terrible?

That is your solution?

The working poor could not afford an insurance plan out of employer group plans prior to the ACA.

A private plan covering pregnancy and childbirth was probably a few thousand a month.

What are people in poverty supposed to do? Sell Drugs to make the payments.

That is no solution. You are a fraud.

Claiming you have posted solutions.

Well Duh! How about the solution being if you can't afford to have children, don't have them?

No, the market controls what you earn. 30 million people receive government assistance. There are not 30 million"better jobs" out there to be filled. Not everyone has the mental or physical capabilities to do more than low skilled labor
There was a time when low skilled jobs still paid enough for the workers to support themselves......they no longer do

That is why the taxpayer has to make up the difference

Of course, there are 30 million better jobs. Thirty million jobs better than the one you have.

When was that time when low skilled jobs paid enough for a worker to support themselves. I've been working for well over fifty years and I sure don't recall that time.

If working part time, 40 hours a week or less, isn't enough, then get an additional job.

First%20part%20time%20job-S.jpg

Or get an abortion ?

Medicaid pays for birth control...nice try

Which you are against I'm sure . Well righties want people to get married and have lots of babies . And righties tell young couples not to get Obamacare plans , even though it covers child birth.

So what's your plan???

Be responsible, you idiot. Birth control is everywhere at no charge, USE IT!!!

Good grief do you ever think before you post? If you're on Medicaid don't get PG you're in no financial shape to be raising kids. Trust me it takes a ton of money.

Typical conservatives. You have all kinds of opinions but no SOLUTIONS!

I gave you one but it's foreign to you loons....personal responsibility

So, if a person works as many hours as they are able, their employer does not offer a health plan and they qualify for Medicaid but choose to utilize that benefit, they are still
somehow irresponsible?

Poor people have babies. You need an authoritarian, fascist or communist state to stop them.

No, what you need is government to quit rewarding them for having babies they can't afford.

Obama got the unemployment rate down to 4.7%. There is still a wealth gap that was not the creation of liberalism.

Who expanded the wealth gap more than DumBama in his eight years in office?

The solution to the issue is to sustain a long term growth period and investment in education and vocational training.

The US spends more per capita on education than any other industrialized country in the world. We have mediocre results to show for it. So the liberal solution is to spend more? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results each time.

It's called investment in the future with an intent to close the wealth gap.

Learning a trade is a good thing, but has nothing to do with the wealth gap. People today are free to learn anything they desire, it's just that they have to pay for it like any other investment people make.

Which you are against I'm sure . Well righties want people to get married and have lots of babies . And righties tell young couples not to get Obamacare plans , even though it covers child birth.

So what's your plan???

Good grief do you ever think before you post? If you're on Medicaid don't get PG you're in no financial shape to be raising kids. Trust me it takes a ton of money.

I gave you one but it's foreign to you loons....personal responsibility

That's a platitude . Not a solution.

Young couple gets preggy . No insurance . What do you Do with them president sassy?

Said young couple should have been responsible. That's a slution before the problem

What they should have done is not reality or the problem facing you at the moment.

Ray From Cleveland, post

That is your solution?

The working poor could not afford an insurance plan out of employer group plans prior to the ACA.

A private plan covering pregnancy and childbirth was probably a few thousand a month.

Well Duh! How about the solution being if you can't afford to have children, don't have them?

Well, duh! That's not a solution. It's wishful thinking and in no way addresses the problem.

You guys are tedious . You refuse to answer a simple question .

That's because there is no answer for them.
They've totally painted themselves into a corner as they're against any possible prevention or solution.

Ray From Cleveland, post

That is your solution?

Well, duh! That's not a solution. It's wishful thinking and in no way addresses the problem.

I think I've addressed the problem quite well. Since poor people are generally irresponsible, we can't expect them to take precautions when having sex which leads to pregnancy. So if we made a regulation that states you can't get one dime from the government until you are fixed first, that would greatly reduce the amount of poor children being born that the taxpayers no longer have to support.

Their solution is to let them die or force the father to work 3 jobs.

Conservatives are fucking evil
So you want someone else to work 3 jobs and support your children because you "won't," or can't?

I don't want anyone's children to die, but I want you to put forth, as you expect me to put forth, the effort to contribute to supporting your children's needs.

So what to do ? Simple question.

Simple answer: if you apply for any kind of public assistance, you don't get a dime until you are fixed first. Problem solved.

Yes, because being in need for a short period of time should cost you your ability to ever procreate.

Republican policies have 47% of Americans receiving public assistance of some sort. You keep voting for governments that suppress wages to benefit corporations and their shareholders. Then you bitch that people don't pay their own way.

Most of the people on Medicaid and food stamps are working full time, but haven't seen a meaningful wage increase in 20 years.

Like a good Republican, you vilify the poor, not the policies that keep them dependent.

Have you always had this perverted view of reality?

As for the economy and number of folks on welfare, who has been President for the past eight years?

Here is a solution for the policies that you profess to abhor. The solution has been around for decades, and it works.

Benjamin-Franklin-M.jpg

In Franklin's day, people were still going to debtors' prisons. Women whose husbands died frequently turned to prostitution to support themselves and their children. Attitudes towards social problems have evolved.

We don't have debtor's prisons. We don't put children in orphanages, and we provide a hand up for the poor. Making it more difficult to get out of poverty is an old fashioned notion which was abandoned because it doesn't work.

Ray From Cleveland, post

That is your solution?

I think I've addressed the problem quite well. Since poor people are generally irresponsible, we can't expect them to take precautions when having sex which leads to pregnancy. So if we made a regulation that states you can't get one dime from the government until you are fixed first, that would greatly reduce the amount of poor children being born that the taxpayers no longer have to support.

Like I said, wishful thinking.

Lamenting the loss of an opportunity to prevent an outcome does nothing to address the outcome or it's implications going forward.

Actually, why should insurance cover child care at all? It's totally elective . Might as well pay for nose jobs .

Why should other insured pay for it ? The only people who should have kids are those who can pay for it out of pocket .

Insurance has contracts. You BUY a contract that covers child birth. It will probably cost you more than buying insurance that doesn't cover child birth, but there is nothing wrong with insurance that wishes to offer such plans.

The ACA mandates that it's covered, fool.

Their solution is to let them die or force the father to work 3 jobs.

Conservatives are fucking evil
So you want someone else to work 3 jobs and support your children because you "won't," or can't?

I don't want anyone's children to die, but I want you to put forth, as you expect me to put forth, the effort to contribute to supporting your children's needs.

So what to do ? Simple question.

Simple answer: if you apply for any kind of public assistance, you don't get a dime until you are fixed first. Problem solved.

Well at lest that's an answer ! A terrible one , but an answer none the less.

Really ? How many people can afford to pay for child birth on your own.

You don't follow along very well, do you? As I said, if you plan on having children, make sure you have a health insurance plan that covers it.

So, you approve of an individual mandate?

Used to be, you lived in the city, got a job at the manufacturing plant or steel mill. You never got rich, but you could support a family, buy a home, send your kids to college

I would like you to point out those years. Allow me to help.

poverty_rate_historical_0%20%281%29-M.jpg

You have three kids. You make $50,000 a year. At the end of the year, you have $12,000 more spending money than someone who has no kids and makes the same $50,000 a year

Free money

How many are in the household earning $50,000 per year? Four, five or more?

When I get into debates with liberals about our social programs, it doesn't take long for a few to chime in and tell us about some unfortunate person who had children and then lost control over supporting them. Yeah, I'm sure that's the typical case.

On the right, we have asserted that this is not the typical case. The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

That debate is now over. In over half of the states across the country, over 50% of babies are born using Medicaid, further proof that the so-called poor have more children than do the working on average. Either that, or half of the country is on Medicaid. Either way, something has to change.

In almost half of the United States, 50% or more babies born were on Medicaid
Well, repugs are opposed to abortion, birth control, planned parenthood, and sex education. You expected a different outcome?

They really are mean spirited selfish a -holes.

Imagine being upset over government assistance for safe child birth! CHILD BIRTH!!!!

You didn't get my point did you?

What these statistics show is that lowlifes are having children they can't afford and know it. In the meantime, working people who limit their family size according to their income cannot have family sizes they would like.

Don't you think there is something seriously wrong with our society when the non-working have more liberties than the working?
What these statistics show is that lowlifes are having children they can't afford and know it
Spoken like a true deplorable. Good job, bro!
:thup:

Ray From Cleveland, post: 17761858,
What these statistics show is that lowlifes are having children they can't afford and know it. In the meantime, working people who limit their family size according to their income cannot have family sizes they would like.

So now you know every child born paid under Medicaid has parent's that our lowlifes.

No consideration for the hardworking poor.

Have you gone any depth into the statistics. What is the ratio of intentional lowlife's to unwanted pregnancies to young working families that qualify for Medicaid?

Did you study the stats?

Forum List

Back