Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
15977598_1397471293630351_3876283029325871912_n.jpg

Those old hags look pretty old to me but they're NOT 5,000 years old. I wrote a book called "Hollywood and the Bible." In all these movies, starring such stars as Gregory Peck, Rita Hayward, Yul Brynner, Gina Lollobrigida, Hedy Lamarr, Victor Mature, George C. Scott, Ava Gardener, Peter O'Toole, etc., the Land is called Israel, not Palestine. Watch them yourself--movies like Samson and Delilah, David and Bathsheba, Solomon and Sheba, The Story of Ruth and all the New Testament films. (Sometimes the land is called Judea in these movies.) Ben-Hur, starring Charlton Heston, is coming to the Big Screen again to celebrate its 60th anniversary. In this film, which celebrates the beginning of the Christian faith, the land in question is called Judea, NOT Palestine. And you call yourself a Christian!

Why is it that in every Bible film I've ever see, the Land in question is called Israel or Judea, but never Palestine?

Those old hags look pretty old to me but they're NOT 5,000 years old. I wrote a book called "Hollywood and the Bible." In all these movies, starring such stars as Gregory Peck, Rita Hayward, Yul Brynner, Gina Lollobrigida, Hedy Lamarr, Victor Mature, George C. Scott, Ava Gardener, Peter O'Toole, etc., the Land is called Israel, not Palestine. Watch them yourself--movies like Samson and Delilah, David and Bathsheba, Solomon and Sheba, The Story of Ruth and all the New Testament films. (Sometimes the land is called Judea in these movies.) Ben-Hur, starring Charlton Heston, is coming to the Big Screen again to celebrate its 60th anniversary. In this film, which celebrates the beginning of the Christian faith, the land in question is called Judea, NOT Palestine. And you call yourself a Christian!

Why is it that in every Bible film I've ever see, the Land in question is called Israel or Judea, but never Palestine?
I don't know. The maps in my Bible say Palestine.

But all the stories in the Old Testament (the Torah) say Israel, and all the stories in the New Testament say Judea. And one time I heard someone on the TBN Christian cable network say this: "The promise of giving the Land of Israel to the Jews in the Bible is stated more often than the promise of salvation--that's how important it is!"

The maps in your Bible say PALESTINE?

Wow. Next they are going to be calling David the King of Palestine.

Gaza Rockets: How Israeli PR & US Media Reverse the Reality

Who hands out those talking points to all media outlets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back