Parents Bill of Rights, Wins Zero Support From Dems

Philosophies of acceptance? Inclusivity? Compassion?
If, as you say, this is really what local schools are practicing? They should have no problem disclosing to parents what they are teaching to students, or what books are in the libraries.

7fqtej.jpg

So you're fine with the federal government telling your district what it has to teach in school all of the sudden?
That isn't what the bill is doing.

From the link;

The bill says parents have "the right to know if a school employee or contractor acts to… change a minor child’s gender markers, pronouns, or preferred name; or… allow a child to change the child’s sex-based accommodations, including locker rooms or bathrooms."

<snip>

"Nowhere in this bill is it banning any books," asserted Rep. Ralph Norman, R-S.C., who said the goal of the language is to make sure parents are aware of sexually explicit books in school libraries.

If, as you say, this is really what local schools are practicing? They should have no problem disclosing to parents what they are teaching to students, or what books are in the libraries.
7fqtej.jpg
I think they bigger point of contention in the bill is the provision that takes away student/ teacher confidentiality. Most, if not probably all the school curriculum is already available online and when my daughter was in grade school I used to get a detailed summary of the lesson plan for the entire year when she came home from the first day of school.

I never needed a parents bill of rights. I taught my kids right from wrong at home so the school never had a chance to fill their heads with bullshit to begin with. And had they tried, I would have been there front and center to tell them to fuck off.

My kids don't belong to the state or the govt.

provision that takes away student/ teacher confidentiality.
There should be no student/teacher confidentiality unless the student is at least the age of majority.

If the student is a minor? The student's legal guardian, the person that provides the medical care, food, lodging and security, has the right to know everything about the education/indoctrination of that child.

That is all there is to this.

Anything else, speaks to a clear STATIST/Marxist indoctrination agenda to pry the child away from the family unit. This is unacceptable.

That isn't what the bill is doing.

From the link;

The bill says parents have "the right to know if a school employee or contractor acts to… change a minor child’s gender markers, pronouns, or preferred name; or… allow a child to change the child’s sex-based accommodations, including locker rooms or bathrooms."

<snip>

"Nowhere in this bill is it banning any books," asserted Rep. Ralph Norman, R-S.C., who said the goal of the language is to make sure parents are aware of sexually explicit books in school libraries.
Its still the federal government handing down stipulations to local school districts.

It passed anyway and exposed the Democrats

'Parents Bill of Rights' wins zero votes from Dems who attack it as ‘fascism,’ ‘extreme’ attack on schools

Its still the federal government handing down stipulations to local school districts.
iu

True. We both know how Dept. of Ed. block grants work. Any school district is welcome to ignore them, aren't they? :dunno:

:auiqs.jpg:

It passed anyway and exposed the Democrats

'Parents Bill of Rights' wins zero votes from Dems who attack it as ‘fascism,’ ‘extreme’ attack on schools

The children must be free to be brainwashed by the left without parental interference.

Just keep the children away from getting an education, right?

You all are cool and happy when your side butts in and makes rules for all states but not when the other side does it.

You are the very thing you rail against.

No, but some things need their service. It sometimes takes the feds to get rid of the feds.
You seem not to understand that concept. Once they remove themselves....they aren't there.

But they are not removing themselves, they are just digging in deeper

Forum List

Back