"parents" of 5 year old sue religious school because they said NO!

This isn't about whether the parents are wrong or right or whether they can win some lawsuit...it's about taking it out on the poor child who doesn't have any choice or any say-so on the matter. If this were a Catholic school, wouldn't you prefer to see the child raised with a good Catholic education, rather than to throw her out and create yet another victim of public education?
If this is the way you feel you should be in agreement that the parents are abusing this child by putting the child into that situation in the first place.

Assuming the parents did this for political purposes, yes I agree. But what if the parents simply wanted the best education for their child and felt that this was the school that could provide that? Obviously it isn't, based on their actions here. The motivations of the parents are irrelevant to the actions of the school. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You're asking Christians to forgo their beliefs because the parents knowingly broke the rules for questionable reasons?
I feel bad for the kid for a multitude of reasons,but these so called parents are completely at fault here.
They should have picked a different school and the child wouldnt be going through this.

How is allowing this kid to go to school somehow "asking Christians to forgo their beliefs"? Using your logic, I should have been kicked out of Catholic school because my dad rarely went to church.

You want to deal with someone, deal with the parents, don't take it out on the kid like some liberal bully.

It's an unfortunate situation but I dont fault the school one bit.
Had mommy and mommy just re enrolled the child in a different school the kid wouldnt have been any wiser.
You go to different schools as a child so whats the big deal here?
I'll tell you what the big deal is....lesbians using their kid as a pawn and dragging their kid through the mud for political/monetary gain.

Assuming the parents did this for political purposes, yes I agree. But what if the parents simply wanted the best education for their child and felt that this was the school that could provide that? Obviously it isn't, based on their actions here. The motivations of the parents are irrelevant to the actions of the school. Two wrongs don't make a right.
It was incumbent on these two parents to take every precaution for that child prior to placing that child into this situation. It is not up to a private entity to change its rules to adapt to someone else requirements. Surely if those parents had the best in mind for the child they would have known what the rules of the school were before placing the child into that situation. They will have to find a place with different rules for their child that accepts their chosen lifestyle.

The parents are using their child as a pawn, I'm sorry but that's lousy parenting

The school is also using the child as a pawn, I'm sorry but that is lousy Christianity.

The school is exercising it's rights and protecting the other children. I'd bet a dollar if the other parents were surveyed they would support the school....that;s why their children attend the school.

Exercising rights, yes, but don't start with that utter liberal bullshit of "protecting the other kids". If you feel that a kid who has two mom's is some kind of a threat to your beliefs or your safety, the problem is you, not the kid or parents.

Rules are rules...the women knew this. They can enroll their child where it will be accepted along with the lesbian's lifestyle they have chosen

It was incumbent on these two parents to take every precaution for that child prior to placing that child into this situation. It is not up to a private entity to change its rules to adapt to someone else requirements. Surely if those parents had the best in mind for the child they would have known what the rules of the school were before placing the child into that situation. They will have to find a place with different rules for their child that accepts their chosen lifestyle.

The parents are using their child as a pawn, I'm sorry but that's lousy parenting

The school is also using the child as a pawn, I'm sorry but that is lousy Christianity.

The child is not an it.
The school is exercising it's rights and protecting the other children. I'd bet a dollar if the other parents were surveyed they would support the school....that;s why their children attend the school.

Exercising rights, yes, but don't start with that utter liberal bullshit of "protecting the other kids". If you feel that a kid who has two mom's is some kind of a threat to your beliefs or your safety, the problem is you, not the kid or parents.

Rules are rules...the women knew this. They can enroll their child where it will be accepted along with the lesbian's lifestyle they have chosen

This isn't about whether the parents are wrong or right or whether they can win some lawsuit...it's about taking it out on the poor child who doesn't have any choice or any say-so on the matter. If this were a Catholic school, wouldn't you prefer to see the child raised with a good Catholic education, rather than to throw her out and create yet another victim of public education?
If this is the way you feel you should be in agreement that the parents are abusing this child by putting the child into that situation in the first place.

You're asking Christians to forgo their beliefs because the parents knowingly broke the rules for questionable reasons?
I feel bad for the kid for a multitude of reasons,but these so called parents are completely at fault here.
They should have picked a different school and the child wouldnt be going through this.

How is allowing this kid to go to school somehow "asking Christians to forgo their beliefs"? Using your logic, I should have been kicked out of Catholic school because my dad rarely went to church.

You want to deal with someone, deal with the parents, don't take it out on the kid like some liberal bully.

Had mommy and mommy just re enrolled the child in a different school the kid wouldnt have been any wiser.
I'll tell you what the big deal is....lesbians using their kid as a pawn and dragging their kid through the mud for political/monetary gain.

If my kids had been kicked out of the private religious school I sent them to, my only other economically feasible choice at the time would have been to send them to public school. That would have been a big deal to me...and while I may not have filed a lawsuit, I darn sure would have been raising some hell and kicking some ass....literally.

Private schools can do pretty much whatever the hell they please. This case should and will very likely get tossed out of court.

Yep, this is just another case of people thinking their alleged rights are more important than another person's actual rights. Quite sad.

Spot on.

I was discussing this exact same story elsewhere and some buffoon claimed I was anti-gay. I hope my husband doesn't find out and divorces me. lol.

Totally irrelevant to the story. This religious school is allowed to admit, or not admit, students for any damn reason they choose.

Yes, they are...but that still doesn't mean what they are doing is right, moral or Christian.

It doesn't matter if they are right, moral, or even Christian. My issue with story remains that this a private religious school and the lawsuit is a foolish waste of time.

As long as you remember what you said here when some private institution kicks you or yours out due to some other silly thing...like a t-shirt with some flag on it. ;)

The thing about being awesomely consistent is the fact that I am awesomely consistent. lol

Me too. ;) I'd have a hard time not raising holy hell if some school kicked my kid out because I am an NRA member.

I wouldnt put my kid into a school like that in the first place because they dont represent my beliefs.
Why wouldnt the lesbians do that?

Private schools can do pretty much whatever the hell they please. This case should and will very likely get tossed out of court.

They shouldnt be allowed to discriminate, period

It is a religious institution and they are allowed to discriminate against all those that do not meet the spiritual criteria set forth by the school.

Then why have they been letting all these feminsts in for the last half century? Whatever hapened to, "better off drowned in the deepest ocean than lead someone away from God"?

I fail to see anyone who fits that description more than a feminist.

Totally irrelevant to the story. This religious school is allowed to admit, or not admit, students for any damn reason they choose.

Yes, they are...but that still doesn't mean what they are doing is right, moral or Christian.

Why is it not right?

It was the parent who put the child in this position, not the school.

The school has a policy...it is a Bible based policy. The adults should have known and understood the policy before enrolling the child.

It is irrelevant whether you or they agree with the policy.

If my kids had been kicked out of the private religious school I sent them to, my only other economically feasible choice at the time would have been to send them to public school. That would have been a big deal to me...and while I may not have filed a lawsuit, I darn sure would have been raising some hell and kicking some ass....literally.

This is San Diego we're talking about.
I'd bet they had other options.

Rules are rules...ok, so Saint Sassy, you obey to the letter every single law of our land and of the Catholic church, right? You never miss a Sunday mass, you never disobey any of the ten commandments, you donate exactly how much of your income the diocese requires to your church, you never exceed the speed limit, you never roll through a stop sign, etc. etc. right?

You are as intolerant as any liberal leftist, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Rules are rules...ok, so Saint Sassy, you obey to the letter every single law of our land and of the Catholic church, right? You never miss a Sunday mass, you never disobey any of the ten commandments, you donate exactly how much of your income the diocese requires to your church, you never exceed the speed limit, you never roll through a stop sign, etc. etc. right?

You are as intolerant as any liberal leftist, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Stop running all over the map, the lesbians enrolled their child into the school knowing this could happen, it did. They have no chance of winning a lawsuit, it's just more BS trying to normalize the abnormal

I wonder what would happen if this school applied their policy equally and kicked out ever kid who's parent had an affair? Rules are rules, right?

Stop running all over the map, the lesbians enrolled their child into the school knowing this could happen, it did. They have no chance of winning a lawsuit, it's just more BS trying to normalize the abnormal

I'm not the one punishing a kid for the actions of their parents, her Holiness. Note that you didn't answer my question, which speaks volumes.

They shouldnt be allowed to discriminate, period

It is a religious institution and they are allowed to discriminate against all those that do not meet the spiritual criteria set forth by the school.

Then why have they been letting all these feminsts in for the last half century? Whatever hapened to, "better off drowned in the deepest ocean than lead someone away from God"?

Why is it not right?

The school has a policy...it is a Bible based policy. The adults should have known and understood the policy before enrolling the child.

normally id agree but the school has let in way too many kids with sinner parents. I just think hypocrits should be treated with contempt. Call me old fashioned, traditional even...

NOW do you see why replacing public schools with Private ones are a bad idea? Shit like this happens and then you have to worry about where your child will get their education.

But the child is born already, so once they get out of the vagina republicans figure they dont owe them any more favors

I'm not the one punishing a kid for the actions of their parents, her Holiness. Note that you didn't answer my question, which speaks volumes.

Nobody is perfect...with that said the lesbians knowingly enrolled the child in a RELIGIOUS school and then are astounded when the school says nope, that goes against our rules.

I wouldnt put my kid into a school like that in the first place because they dont represent my beliefs. Why wouldnt the lesbians do that?
If (and that's if) they enrolled the child in the school knowing the rules, it's not unreasonable to imagine they may have done so knowing full well what could happen.

And if that's the case, the child is being used.

Why is it not right?

normally id agree but the school has let in way too many kids with sinner parents. I just think hypocrits should be treated with contempt. Call me old fashioned, traditional even...

Right, and they are only going after SOME of the people who violate their morals and principals and not others who are doing to same. I'd like to see that policy that says "Meh, If you feel like enforcing the rules of the bible you can, but you dont HAVE to"

Forum List

Back