Past time for Republicans to pick a side

He didn’t ask; he threatened. That’s furtherance of a conspiracy to overturn a lawful election. If that isn’t a crime, I don’t know what is.

the difference between the two is a matter of opinion, one of course clouded by your TDS.

Is that the bullshit story you tell yourself at night to make you feel better about supporting this crap?

Because that’s entirely bullshit.

No, because his beliefs at the time play into any attempt to frame him as trying to cheat his way to a win. In his view he was trying to restore a win taken from him.

Even if he didn't, he sure as hell thought he did. If he clearly thought he was being cheated, shouldn't he fight back?

Of course he should. The Democrats have challenged every Republican Presidential election since 2000, culminating with a full-blown coup on Trump that started the day he took office.

I am not sure Trump violated the Constitution. I disagree with what he wanted Vice President Pence to do. In fact, on that point, I say Pence honored his oath to the best of his ability even if it cost him the rest of his political career.

And of course if he thought that the Dims had succeeded in stealing enough votes to turn a states electoral count, he should have fought it.

I suppose the bigger questions include:

How credible was his belief about electoral theft?
What concrete evidence did he have of it?
Was there adequate proof that the illegal efforts involved sufficient numbers to turn any state’s electoral outcome?
And, what method or methods of “fighting” the allegedly false outcome would be legally proper?
None of it was about Pence deciding anything about the nature of the votes.

He had three letters in hand, from three different state Secs. of State, asking him to postpone the seating of their electors for another ten days, to investigate and review their certifications.

Contrary to the blatant leftbat lies, nobody asked Pence to overturn the election, nor did he have the power to do so.

None of it was about Pence deciding anything about the nature of the votes.

He had three letters in hand, from three different state Secs. of State, asking him to postpone the seating of their electors for another ten days, to investigate and review their certifications.

Contrary to the blatant leftbat lies, nobody asked Pence to overturn the election, nor did he have the power to do so.
I’m intrigued by that. I am not as informed as I feel is should be. Do you have a suggested link or an article or whatever I can review for a while?

I’m intrigued by that. I am not as informed as I feel is should be. Do you have a suggested link or an article or whatever I can review for a while?
I misspoke....It was numerous state legislators from several states, who have legal purview over the certification of their electors....It's why they chose alternate electors in the first place.

I believe it was from the states of PA, AZ, and GA....If all three flipped or abstained from certifying -a longshot- Trump may have been re-elected.

I misspoke....It was numerous state legislators from several states, who have legal purview over the certification of their electors....It's why they chose alternate electors in the first place.

I believe it was from the states of PA, AZ, and GA....If all three flipped or abstained from certifying -a longshot- Trump may have been re-elected.

I’ll be studying now. Thank you.

The Constitution isn’t broken. I wonder if you meant to ask about some (alleged) violation of the Constitution by Trump? What would that be?
He broke his constitutional oath of office by soliciting information from another country and offering government money as payment for it.
Would that be enough?

I love the last sentence of this article made by Adam Kinzinger that Republicans have to pick a side, Trump or the Constitution.

They can't have it both ways much as they want to. Trump carries a lot of tarnish with him and some of it rubs off on anyone who associates with him. With the outstanding work being done by the January 6 Committee, Republicans may realize that sooner rather than later.

Bigly!!!
Another globalist fraud used as a tea party person and is a shill. So many hidden operatives in our government. Many have come out and shown themselves. Many more to be brought forward as we descend into tyranny.

No, because his beliefs at the time play into any attempt to frame him as trying to cheat his way to a win. In his view he was trying to restore a win taken from him.
Having a sincere belief doesn’t excuse depriving people of their rights.

If Trump thinks his beliefs that he won outweigh due process then it demonstrates why he is dangerous for the country.

And that’s not even addressing mental and emotional state that led him to this belief.

Having a sincere belief doesn’t excuse depriving people of their rights.

If Trump thinks his beliefs that he won outweigh due process then it demonstrates why he is dangerous for the country.

And that’s not even addressing mental and emotional state that led him to this belief.

Thinking that his voters were deprived of their rights is the reason he fought back.

What due process did he violate? Were there Trumpists with pitchforks at these State counts?

Even Jan 6th did nothing to overturn any government, and only delayed a vote for a few hours.

Forum List

Back