Pasta firm Barilla boycotted over 'classic family' remarks

I notice it's still in all the stores. Pretty failed boycott so far, eh?

I knew this was going to happen. In the paper sale adds, both grocery chains have it on sale.... 77 cents a box.

Do you attribute that to a drop in sales or markets clearing their shelves?

it is not about a "drop in sails"

it is all about marketing...and selling. :thup:

Well, there's a reason for why they are 77 cents. In my market they go for about 1.70, but every couple of months they have a 10 for 10 deal (you don't have to buy ten). I've never seen them cheaper than that.

IMO at 77 cents the markets are letting them go at cost.

Do you attribute that to a drop in sales or markets clearing their shelves?

it is not about a "drop in sails"

it is all about marketing...and selling. :thup:

Well, there's a reason for why they are 77 cents. In my market they go for about 1.70, but every couple of months they have a 10 for 10 deal (you don't have to buy ten). I've never seen them cheaper than that.

IMO at 77 cents the markets are letting them go at cost.

it is still not about a drop in sales now is it? If anything its going to boost sales.

Barilla pasta is tasty, tasty eats!

On a scale of 1-5, Barilla is about a 2. They sell a lot of pasta because it's cheap. Most dried boxed pasta is in the 1-2 range. You can get fresh pasta in the deli section that may go to 4. If you want 5, make it at home or go to a good Italian restaurant who make it fresh daily.

Fresh pasta is only superior to dried pasta in the minds of trendy urban hipster douches.

Pasta is a vehicle for sauces and other yummy stuff. For some things fresh is better, for others dried is superior.

Barilla pasta is tasty, tasty eats!

On a scale of 1-5, Barilla is about a 2. They sell a lot of pasta because it's cheap. Most dried boxed pasta is in the 1-2 range. You can get fresh pasta in the deli section that may go to 4. If you want 5, make it at home or go to a good Italian restaurant who make it fresh daily.

Fresh pasta is only superior to dried pasta in the minds of trendy urban hipster douches.

Pasta is a vehicle for sauces and other yummy stuff. For some things fresh is better, for others dried is superior.

Really.

Is that the view from the trailer park?

Really.

No, its my view as a 1/2 Italian American who cooks for his family on a weekly basis for sunday dinner you ignorant fuck.

Hard pasta when properly prepared is far superior in certain dishes due to its al dente qualities, which cannot be imparted onto fresh pasta. fresh pasta may be better in certain dishes, but it is more a trendy thing than a real thing.

Really.

No, its my view as a 1/2 Italian American who cooks for his family on a weekly basis for sunday dinner you ignorant fuck.

Hard pasta when properly prepared is far superior in certain dishes due to its al dente qualities, which cannot be imparted onto fresh pasta. fresh pasta may be better in certain dishes, but it is more a trendy thing than a real thing.

Personally I don't want to have to chew my pasta.

When are these homosexuals fags and lesbos going to learn that the majority straight heterosexual world is getting tired of catering to their homo weirdo abnormal needs and sensitivities?!
Someone should tell them to take their homo agenda and just shove it up their homo damaged rectums!!.
We are all getting tired of the homo agenda people trying to change the majority straight world.!!

When are these homosexuals fags and lesbos going to learn that the majority straight heterosexual world is getting tired of catering to their homo weirdo abnormal needs and sensitivities?!
Someone should tell them to take their homo agenda and just shove it up their homo damaged rectums!!.
We are all getting tired of the homo agenda people trying to change the majority straight world.!!

Stop trying so hard, everyone has seen through your overcompensation by now. Just accept yourself.

People have a right to their opinions but they don't have a right to be free of consequences of those opinions. Barillo execs can say what they want and customers can choose not to buy their products.

Strangely, that's what many homo haters seem to be saying. That they have a right to their opinions but no one has right to have an opinion about them.

Wow, you're such a hypocrite, Alfalfa. What have you been doing this entire time? You say people have a right to their own opinions but you then call the Barillo exec a "homo hater." My gosh, your mind is like a bag of cats.

Really.

Personally I don't want to have to chew my pasta.

Then you might as well eat your sauce with gruel. Pasta is supposed to add texture to whatever sauce/topping you add to it. Each shape is at its best when cooked al dente, and imparts the proper mouthfeel to each bite.

I just sent a note to my local market...which is also a national/regional chain.

I wonder how many notes like mine will it take before they dump Barilla?

Lot's of pasta companies out there...

Hasn't Chick Fil A closed yet?

Most people really don't care about gay outrage. They might buy more Barilla rather than less simply because they are sick and tired of being led around by "outrage of the day".

Chick-fil-a caved. And I liked Barilla. But not buying it anymore. Just like we still don't buy Chick-fil-a or Exxon gas.

I just sent a note to my local market...which is also a national/regional chain.

Most people really don't care about gay outrage. They might buy more Barilla rather than less simply because they are sick and tired of being led around by "outrage of the day".

Chick-fil-a caved. And I liked Barilla. But not buying it anymore. Just like we still don't buy Chick-fil-a or Exxon gas.

Chick Fil A didn't cave because there was nothing to cave. The entire controversy is that Chick Fil A said they supported traditional marriage. Unless you have some kind of proof that they no longer support traditional marriage you got nothing. They have never either denied service to someone who is gay, nor have they denied employment to someone who is gay.

I am somewhat grateful to gay outrage because prior to their little tantrum I never had Chick Fil A. Now that I have tried it, due entirely to the little tantrum, I am a regular. This is the same thing with Barilla who has no evidence of discrimination. They merely support "classic" family. What an outrage! How dare they! Don't they know that the classic or traditional family has to be destroyed just to make gays feel better about being perverts?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Chick Fil A didn't cave because there was nothing to cave. The entire controversy is that Chick Fil A said they supported traditional marriage. Unless you have some kind of proof that they no longer support traditional marriage you got nothing. They have never either denied service to someone who is gay, nor have they denied employment to someone who is gay.

I am somewhat grateful to gay outrage because prior to their little tantrum I never had Chick Fil A. Now that I have tried it, due entirely to the little tantrum, I am a regular. This is the same thing with Barilla who has no evidence of discrimination. They merely support "classic" family. What an outrage! How dare they! Don't they know that the classic or traditional family has to be destroyed just to make gays feel better about being perverts?

CFA caved, they ceased donating to anti gay groups and causes.

So now the donations come directly from the executives instead of the corporate cash larder, same money, slightly different source, and your boycott is doing jack diddly squat.

CFA caved, they ceased donating to anti gay groups and causes.

In one method of donating, meanwhile I'm sure the family keeps on plugging donations away. And the boycott has done NOTHING.

Forum List

Back