Pat Buchanan: 'Interracial Violence Is Overwhelmingly Black-On-White'...

If you read or listen to his comments the reason he was unsettled is because he met whites during this visit.

Ah, back on the carousel! 'Round and 'round he goes! He met whites in America too.

Ok guy. You completely ignored the mans own words. I know the ice is getting thin where you are standing so I will leave it alone. You evidently are correct and the man himself has no clue of why he changed his mind but you do.

You may want to consider this and think about if you are more interested in learning or maintaining your stance. What you are doing is called avoidance behavior.

...he says while completely dodging his own circular reasoning...

So now we know that reading comprehension and logic are not your strong areas. Maybe you're a good cook or something, I don't know.

Asclepias says that since Buchanan is white and didn't grow up in the hood, he can't speak to the issues in the black community with any kind of authority. Perhaps a black man raised in the Detroit hood can. Ben Carson says many of the same things Buchanan does and since he is black, perhaps his words won't fall on deaf ears.

Ben Carson: MLK would be alarmed by black-on-black violence, lack of family values - Washington Times

Now you seem to get it. Theres not too much I want to hear from a white person if its critical and condescending. Sounds to me more like a Black conservative point of view which is fine but no solutions were offered. I read the article and no where in there does he ID what has caused the breakdown. I respect Dr Carsons opinion and his accomplishments but it seems like he is out of touch with what is going on now in the hood and why. Since its been quite a while since he has lived in the hood I understand.

Wow, you really are part of the problem. That's a shame. I thought you were just a dope, but now I see it's worse than that.

Asclepias says that since Buchanan is white and didn't grow up in the hood, he can't speak to the issues in the black community with any kind of authority. Perhaps a black man raised in the Detroit hood can. Ben Carson says many of the same things Buchanan does and since he is black, perhaps his words won't fall on deaf ears.

Ben Carson: MLK would be alarmed by black-on-black violence, lack of family values - Washington Times

Now you seem to get it. Theres not too much I want to hear from a white person if its critical and condescending. Sounds to me more like a Black conservative point of view which is fine but no solutions were offered. I read the article and no where in there does he ID what has caused the breakdown. I respect Dr Carsons opinion and his accomplishments but it seems like he is out of touch with what is going on now in the hood and why. Since its been quite a while since he has lived in the hood I understand.

Now that's funny. Since you discounted Buchanan's thoughts, I specifically asked you earlier to provide your thoughts on the cause and the solution and you refused. Now you are critical because someone else didn't either. So he rose above the hood instead of being sucked into it and you didn't and now he isn't really qualified to "understand" it? Move the goalposts much? Let's just cut to the chase where you admit that you have a chip on your shoulder and nothing will ever actually satisfy you. It would be nice to get a smidgen of intellectual honesty out of you, but alas........

"There are some areas, however, where I suspect he (MLK) might be less than thrilled. The epidemic of black-on-black violent crime indicates that there has been a significant deterioration of values in the black community. Not only are the lives of their fellow blacks and others being devalued by street thugs, but the lives of unborn babies are being destroyed in disproportionate numbers in the black community.

There was a time when blacks were justifiably angry that the larger community discounted their value, but now, ironically, many members of the black community themselves place little or no value on these precious lives that are snuffed out without thought. I think King would be waging a crusade against the marginalization of black lives in America.

Another area of great concern would be the fact that 73 percent of black babies are born out of wedlock. When this occurs, in most cases the educational pursuits of the mothers are terminated and the babies are condemned to a life of poverty and deprivation, which makes them more likely to end up in the penal system or the welfare system. This is a burden not only for the black community but for the nation at large.

Although I believe King would be very concerned for all parties in these tragedies, his energies would be primarily channeled into an attempt to give these young women the kind of self-esteem that would preclude their yielding to the charms of individuals who really don’t care about them and are only interested in their selfish pleasures.

King was a huge advocate of education and would be horrified by the high dropout rates in many inner-city high schools. He, like many others, was vilified, beaten and jailed for trying to open the doors of education to everyone, regardless of their race.

If he were alive today, he would have to witness people turning their backs on those open doors and choosing to pursue lives of crime or dependency. I do not believe he would simply complain about these things, however.

Rather, he would be raising funds to create programs that would show these young people that they do have real choices that can greatly enhance the quality of their lives.

Perhaps the biggest disappointment for King would be the wholesale adoption of a victim mentality that makes people feel that they are entitled to being cared for by others rather than working tirelessly to create wealth and opportunities for their progeny.

The amount of wealth that resides within the black community today is staggering. If the black community, like Jewish, Korean and other cultures in America, learned how to turn over dollars within their own community at least a couple of times before sending them out into the larger society, they would create wealth.

I believe King would advocate such economic policies and would encourage those who benefit from the wealth to reach back and pull others up by providing jobs and opportunities. I think he would stress the fact that this kind of philosophy will foster freedom and independence for the black community, regardless of whether anybody else helps or not."........

Sure would be a healthy change to have all the Ben Carson's being listened to. Every time a black man or woman gets up and speaks "personal responsibility" he gets ignored or shouted down...

Well, since he rose above the hood, he is no longer qualified to speak to the hood. Racist logic.

Now that's funny. Since you discounted Buchanan's thoughts, I specifically asked you earlier to provide your thoughts on the cause and the solution and you refused. Now you are critical because someone else didn't either. So he rose above the hood instead of being sucked into it and you didn't and now he isn't really qualified to "understand" it? Move the goalposts much? Let's just cut to the chase where you admit that you have a chip on your shoulder and nothing will ever actually satisfy you. It would be nice to get a smidgen of intellectual honesty out of you, but alas........

I asked you a simple question and you refused to answer. Why would I waste my time giving you anything? I was not critical at all. I said he was evidently out of touch with whats going on since he no longer lives in the hood and has not for a very long time. Are you saying thats not true?

"There are some areas, however, where I suspect he (MLK) might be less than thrilled. The epidemic of black-on-black violent crime indicates that there has been a significant deterioration of values in the black community. Not only are the lives of their fellow blacks and others being devalued by street thugs, but the lives of unborn babies are being destroyed in disproportionate numbers in the black community.

There was a time when blacks were justifiably angry that the larger community discounted their value, but now, ironically, many members of the black community themselves place little or no value on these precious lives that are snuffed out without thought. I think King would be waging a crusade against the marginalization of black lives in America.

Another area of great concern would be the fact that 73 percent of black babies are born out of wedlock. When this occurs, in most cases the educational pursuits of the mothers are terminated and the babies are condemned to a life of poverty and deprivation, which makes them more likely to end up in the penal system or the welfare system. This is a burden not only for the black community but for the nation at large.

Although I believe King would be very concerned for all parties in these tragedies, his energies would be primarily channeled into an attempt to give these young women the kind of self-esteem that would preclude their yielding to the charms of individuals who really don’t care about them and are only interested in their selfish pleasures.

King was a huge advocate of education and would be horrified by the high dropout rates in many inner-city high schools. He, like many others, was vilified, beaten and jailed for trying to open the doors of education to everyone, regardless of their race.

If he were alive today, he would have to witness people turning their backs on those open doors and choosing to pursue lives of crime or dependency. I do not believe he would simply complain about these things, however.

Rather, he would be raising funds to create programs that would show these young people that they do have real choices that can greatly enhance the quality of their lives.

Perhaps the biggest disappointment for King would be the wholesale adoption of a victim mentality that makes people feel that they are entitled to being cared for by others rather than working tirelessly to create wealth and opportunities for their progeny.

The amount of wealth that resides within the black community today is staggering. If the black community, like Jewish, Korean and other cultures in America, learned how to turn over dollars within their own community at least a couple of times before sending them out into the larger society, they would create wealth.

I believe King would advocate such economic policies and would encourage those who benefit from the wealth to reach back and pull others up by providing jobs and opportunities. I think he would stress the fact that this kind of philosophy will foster freedom and independence for the black community, regardless of whether anybody else helps or not."........

Sure would be a healthy change to have all the Ben Carson's being listened to. Every time a black man or woman gets up and speaks "personal responsibility" he gets ignored or shouted down...

Well, since he rose above the hood, he is no longer qualified to speak to the hood. Racist logic.

He's more than qualified. He's Black and an example of hard work and personal responsibility. He can speak to the Black community at least in that area.

He's more than qualified. He's Black and an example of hard work and personal responsibility. He can speak to the Black community at least in that area.

Have the voices in your head take a vote and stick with one argument or the other.

Have the voices in your head take a vote and stick with one argument or the other.

Dont get mad because you lack the intelligence to comprehend me! :lol: When you think you are ready for the big boy league of thinking let me know. Of course you will need to answer my question I put to you and you dodged.

There's a pretty good book, also made into a movie. "Black like me" by a white journalist that hit the road in the southern states in the 1950's as a black man. He had taken some drugs and skin treatment to make himself black. It's a pretty good insight of how it is to be black in America. Some things have changed for the better since then, but reading some of these posts I see some things never change.

Great book, I read it when I was a kid.

Dont get mad because you lack the intelligence to comprehend me! :lol: When you think you are ready for the big boy league of thinking let me know. Of course you will need to answer my question I put to you and you dodged.

Mad? Amused perhaps. If you'll scroll up, you'll find I asked the question. You dodged it. Not the other way around. When you're ready to quit hitting the baseball off of a tee, I'll be happy to give you some batting lessons rookie.

Dr. Carson also noted that he was the only Black kid in his seventh grade class. That means he must have lived in a place that had few black kids. While he was raised in Detroit, he apparently was not exposed to the harsher side of Blackness and the accompanying hood borne distractions that plagues the inner city even though he was “languishing in poverty.” The enigma remains an enigma…why was he the only black kid in his seventh grade class?

Further, in your strategic snip job you failed to include this:

If King could be resurrected and see what was going on in America today, I suspect he would be extraordinarily pleased by many of the things he observed and disappointed by others. He, like almost everyone else, would be thrilled to know that there was a two-term black president of the United States of America and a black attorney general, as well as many other high government officials, business executives and university presidents.
Perhaps just as thrilling would be the sight of black doctors, lawyers, airline pilots, construction foremen, news anchors, school superintendents and almost any other position imaginable in America. The fact that seeing blacks in such positions no longer raises eyebrows is a testimony to the tremendous progress that has been made in America over the last 50 years.

Your snipping seems to imply that Carson believes that Dr. King would be totally dissatisfied with the Black community and that nothing good has come of Dr. King’s work! That is not true! Hopefully, this response will help to keep things in proper context!

Mad? Amused perhaps. If you'll scroll up, you'll find I asked the question. You dodged it. Not the other way around. When you're ready to quit hitting the baseball off of a tee, I'll be happy to give you some batting lessons rookie.

Yes mad. Upset you cant handle this black man. if you remember you dodged my question a couple of pages back because you had no answer. Typical Stormfront maneuver. I forgive you though. I have seen fear and confusion before and recognize the signs. Do you want to give it a whirl or are you still in hiding?

Dr. Carson also noted that he was the only Black kid in his seventh grade class. That means he must have lived in a place that had few black kids. While he was raised in Detroit, he apparently was not exposed to the harsher side of Blackness and the accompanying hood borne distractions that plagues the inner city even though he was “languishing in poverty.” The enigma remains an enigma…why was he the only black kid in his seventh grade class?

Further, in your strategic snip job you failed to include this:

If King could be resurrected and see what was going on in America today, I suspect he would be extraordinarily pleased by many of the things he observed and disappointed by others. He, like almost everyone else, would be thrilled to know that there was a two-term black president of the United States of America and a black attorney general, as well as many other high government officials, business executives and university presidents.
Perhaps just as thrilling would be the sight of black doctors, lawyers, airline pilots, construction foremen, news anchors, school superintendents and almost any other position imaginable in America. The fact that seeing blacks in such positions no longer raises eyebrows is a testimony to the tremendous progress that has been made in America over the last 50 years.

Your snipping seems to imply that Carson believes that Dr. King would be totally dissatisfied with the Black community and that nothing good has come of Dr. King’s work! That is not true! Hopefully, this response will help to keep things in proper context!

:lol: Unfortunately, I have to just assume that when racist people post there are going to usually lie as well. Stormfront maneuver is all I can say.

While I have worked feverishly to keep the status of the entire Black American community in perspective,
my doing so often runs counter to those who take unverifiable race based statistics for granted. Dr Carson seems to have fallen into that trap. He states, unequivocably, that 73% of Black babies are born out of wedlock.While it may be true, I want to see how the data was collected and by whom. When I am satisfied that there were no significant embellishments or "fuzzy math" involved, I will then be willing to accept it as fact.

While I have worked feverishly to keep the status of the entire Black American community in perspective,
my doing so often runs counter to those who take unverifiable race based statistics for granted. Dr Carson seems to have fallen into that trap. He states, unequivocably, that 73% of Black babies are born out of wedlock.While it may be true, I want to see how the data was collected and by whom. When I am satisfied that there were no significant embellishments or "fuzzy math" involved, I will then be willing to accept it as fact.

Anyone that has ever taken a statistics class knows that its just a tool to advance an argument. You can take the data and massage it to make it look like your are supporting your argument with facts. The whole process of even gathering it can be suspect at times as well. My view is to use it as a general way to get a handle on things but one would be a fool to outright just agree without taking into account all the unseen variables that may account for the numbers. What I usually see is something similiar to this:

90% of women love eating chocolate while only 50% of men do. Seems straight forward until you realize that most women get chocolate for various holidays like Valentines while rarely do men get chocolate given to them.

Forum List

Back