Paul Mooney is Not Supporting ‘Django Unchained’

Out of one side of his mouth this black guy says whites can't know about black experiences then out of the other side of his mouth he analyzes whites ... whose experiences he can't possibly know.

:rolleyes:

You can't possibly know or understand the experiences of others, by virtue of you "being white", which mandates that you are totally self-absorbed, insensitive, and devoid of compassion for anyone other than yourselves.....you insult people without knowing that you are doing it, and when it's pointed out to you, you jump defensive and claim folks are "playing the victim role".
Black people, in order to survive you, have had to be intuitive, adaptive, and more clever than you could ever be. We inherently "sympathize" and empathize with others, and we can objectively "tell you about yourselves". Believe it or not.
Paul Mooney was one of the writers for Richard Pryor, who made a career of "analyzing white people".....Pryor's heir apparent is Chris Rock. Roll your eyes all you want.

:cuckoo:

Out of one side of his mouth this black guy says whites can't know about black experiences then out of the other side of his mouth he analyzes whites ... whose experiences he can't possibly know.

You can't possibly know or understand the experiences of others, by virtue of you "being white", which mandates that you are totally self-absorbed, insensitive, and devoid of compassion for anyone other than yourselves.....you insult people without knowing that you are doing it, and when it's pointed out to you, you jump defensive and claim folks are "playing the victim role".
Black people, in order to survive you, have had to be intuitive, adaptive, and more clever than you could ever be. We inherently "sympathize" and empathize with others, and we can objectively "tell you about yourselves". Believe it or not.
Paul Mooney was one of the writers for Richard Pryor, who made a career of "analyzing white people".....Pryor's heir apparent is Chris Rock. Roll your eyes all you want.

:cuckoo:

:eusa_shhh: You'll spoil the fun!

Paul Mooney is Not Supporting ?Django Unchained? | Black America Web

(Excerpt):

PAUL MOONEY(comedian): … y’all up there talking about slavery like you don’t, look, here, how do you make a movie about slavery? We should’ve learned our lesson from “Roots.”
TOM JOYNER(radio talk show host): So this is a parody?
PAUL MOONEY: I would think so. I haven’t seen it, but that’s what I would think. You know, I don’t, listen, first of all, people who run around telling you about your experience, you know, real white people, fake white people …you can’t tell me about my experience. You know?
SYBIL WILKES: He said real white people, and fake.
PAUL MOONEY: Yeah. Talk about, tell me about you. Tell me about your life. You understand? That’s interesting. Stop telling, if you’re not an Indian, don’t tell me about Indians. (Laughter) That’s just the way. You know? You understand?
TOM JOYNER: Yeah. Makes sense.

I love Paul Mooney-poet.

Paul Mooney Analyzing White America Full Version - YouTube

one funny dude.

I have to admitt I loved django.

Yeah it bends reality but it was a great fantasy about what everyone who hated slavery and the scars it has left on all of us want to imagine as a cathartic process.

(Excerpt):

PAUL MOONEY(comedian): … y’all up there talking about slavery like you don’t, look, here, how do you make a movie about slavery? We should’ve learned our lesson from “Roots.”
PAUL MOONEY: I would think so. I haven’t seen it, but that’s what I would think. You know, I don’t, listen, first of all, people who run around telling you about your experience, you know, real white people, fake white people …you can’t tell me about my experience. You know?
PAUL MOONEY: Yeah. Talk about, tell me about you. Tell me about your life. You understand? That’s interesting. Stop telling, if you’re not an Indian, don’t tell me about Indians. (Laughter) That’s just the way. You know? You understand?

I love Paul Mooney-poet.

one funny dude.

Yeah it bends reality but it was a great fantasy about what everyone who hated slavery and the scars it has left on all of us want to imagine as a cathartic process.

Are you black? If not, you don't get to say anything about slavery as it is not part of your experience.

(Excerpt):

I love Paul Mooney-poet.

one funny dude.

Are you black? If not, you don't get to say anything about slavery as it is not part of your experience.

Only blacks who have experienced slavery (as in, they've been a slave) can talk about the experience of slavery. Otherwise it's all second hand information, just like it would be for a Chinese, Japanese, or Caucasian to talk about slavery. You either were a slave, or you have had NO EXPERIENCE with it. Anything else is just bullshit.

Last edited:

(Excerpt):

I love Paul Mooney-poet.

one funny dude.

What scar did it leave on you?

Me? I have no scars. I wasn't there.

You can't possibly know or understand the experiences of others,

Neither can you.

Link?

Me

I get it. Really. You believe blacks are wonderful but whites? not so much.

Is that what you got from my comment? How misguided and shallow. Where did I say that blacks are wonderful and that whites are not? There is good and bad in all groups. Do stop trying to twist my words.

Please do try and convince us again that this statement only pertains to Obama:

I do believe it is all about skin color and race.

For you....for those whites (usually "conservatives" and "Repubs"), who cannot see the world unless through the prism of "race". It permeates this political debate forum. And I'm the lightning rod.

Pat Mooney is an authority on analyzing white people. He's a fucking comedian you moron!!:cuckoo:

And what do you fucking think comedy is? The irony of reality. Moron.
co·me·di·an (k-md-n)
n.
1. A professional entertainer who tells jokes or performs various other comic acts.
2. An actor in comedy.
3. A writer of comedy.
4. A person who amuses or tries to be amusing; a clown.

I hardly need you to define terms or words for me, wordsmith that I am. That's all.

I've listened to Paul Mooney and he is very funny, however if a white comedian were doing his type of material aimed at blacks it would be a whole other story. There is a double standard at play. Mooney is hilarious though.

In regards to Django Unchained, he clearly doesn't understand Tarantino as a filmmaker. Django Unchained was as historically correct to slavery as Inglourious Basterds was to the Nazi's occupation of France. No one goes to a Tarantino film expecting to get educated on slavery, nazi's, martial arts or the wild west. Tarantino is, in my opinion, the best Filmmaker alive today. He is a genius...

I agree with you on several points. One, a double standard exists, in many contexts, and as often, across the board. Two, Tarantino is brilliant. Mooney, is also brilliant.
And on the contrary, Mooney does, indeed, understand Tarantino, and said as much in the interview. Tarantino is allowed, by Hollywood, to use satire and "shock" to generate more profit than thought. I am aware of how difficult it is for black filmmakers to get their projects, "green-lighted". Hence, the "double standard". Why is it that only after Steven Spielberg signed on to "Amistad" and assigned the title of "co-producer" to Debbie Allen, that she was taken seriously as a filmmaker? Why was it nearly impossible to get "Red Tails" produced? Because a double standard, as Mooney suggested, exists. Racism, as with the country, is alive and well in Hollywood...and permeates all of society.

(Excerpt):

I love Paul Mooney-poet.

one funny dude.

Do us all a favor and shut up.

You first.

In my own fucking thread? You're confused. If you cannot add to the dialogue, get somewhere. Oh, my bad....where would you go?

Stop making threads would be a great start in you shutting up.

So much for you having me on ignore. Just another lie from the idiot called "poet".

Hold your breath, waiting for that to happen.
And as I have said many times, I reserve the right to answer the nonsense of the ignored.
Again, I define my position, and none of you.

In my own fucking thread? You're confused. If you cannot add to the dialogue, get somewhere. Oh, my bad....where would you go?

So much for you having me on ignore. Just another lie from the idiot called "poet".

And as I have said many times, I reserve the right to answer the nonsense of the ignored.

Fact is dumbass you do not have me on ignore. Otherwise you could not see my post.

Any more lies you wish to tell?

Fact is dumbass you do not have me on ignore. Otherwise you could not see my post.

Oh, I do have you on ignore...I simply have used the "view post anyway" feature. Don't pat yourself so hard on the back (or ass)

Oh, I do have you on ignore...I simply have used the "view post anyway" feature. Don't pat yourself so hard on the back (or ass)

Then the answer to my question was "yes".

Forum List

Back