Paul Mooney is Not Supporting ‘Django Unchained’

one funny dude.

I have to admitt I loved django.

Yeah it bends reality but it was a great fantasy about what everyone who hated slavery and the scars it has left on all of us want to imagine as a cathartic process.

Are you black? If not, you don't get to say anything about slavery as it is not part of your experience.

Only blacks who have experienced slavery (as in, they've been a slave) can talk about the experience of slavery. Otherwise it's all second hand information, just like it would be for a Chinese, Japanese, or Caucasian to talk about slavery. You either were a slave, or you have had NO EXPERIENCE with it. Anything else is just bullshit.

Then the same holds true for blacks in reference about white experience. Seems poet disagrees.

Are you black? If not, you don't get to say anything about slavery as it is not part of your experience.

Only blacks who have experienced slavery (as in, they've been a slave) can talk about the experience of slavery. Otherwise it's all second hand information, just like it would be for a Chinese, Japanese, or Caucasian to talk about slavery. You either were a slave, or you have had NO EXPERIENCE with it. Anything else is just bullshit.

Then the same holds true for blacks in reference about white experience. Seems poet disagrees.

Seems? Bitch, I do disagree. I'm special. I can talk about anything I so desire. No one runs my program, or my reality but me. It's my world, and you're just a squirrel, looking for a nut. I thought you knew.

Then the answer to my question was "yes".

You were the slow kid in school, weren't you?

I was an Honor Society member, graduated two years early.

Really? I was the premier student in my Advanced Biology class. Won 1st Honorable Mention in the Greater Houston Science Fair 1970. Graduated at 17. Recipient of the Dr. J.S Stone Scholarship for prospective medical students. Top 15 % of graduating class of 2000 students.

You were the slow kid in school, weren't you?

Really? I was the premier student in my Advanced Biology class. Won 1st Honorable Mention in the Greater Houston Science Fair 1970. Graduated at 17. Recipient of the Dr. J.S Stone Scholarship for prospective medical students. Top 15 % of graduating class of 2000 students.

Yet you're a liar. I guess that's what crack does to a person. What a shame.

Prove that I'm a liar. I have never lied on any political debate forum I have ever been on.
You lied about being an Honor Society member. How do you like me now?
Crack? There are more white crackies than black ones. Projecting again?

Prove that I'm a liar. I have never lied on any political debate forum I have ever been on.

I don't need to prove anything. You never do.

You make all kinds of claims but you never prove any of them. You are nothing what you claim to be and you can't prove you are.

And you have lied. You said you had me on ignore but you don't.

I've listened to Paul Mooney and he is very funny, however if a white comedian were doing his type of material aimed at blacks it would be a whole other story. There is a double standard at play. Mooney is hilarious though.

In regards to Django Unchained, he clearly doesn't understand Tarantino as a filmmaker. Django Unchained was as historically correct to slavery as Inglourious Basterds was to the Nazi's occupation of France. No one goes to a Tarantino film expecting to get educated on slavery, nazi's, martial arts or the wild west. Tarantino is, in my opinion, the best Filmmaker alive today. He is a genius...

I agree with you on several points. One, a double standard exists, in many contexts, and as often, across the board. Two, Tarantino is brilliant. Mooney, is also brilliant.
And on the contrary, Mooney does, indeed, understand Tarantino, and said as much in the interview. Tarantino is allowed, by Hollywood, to use satire and "shock" to generate more profit than thought. I am aware of how difficult it is for black filmmakers to get their projects, "green-lighted". Hence, the "double standard". Why is it that only after Steven Spielberg signed on to "Amistad" and assigned the title of "co-producer" to Debbie Allen, that she was taken seriously as a filmmaker? Why was it nearly impossible to get "Red Tails" produced? Because a double standard, as Mooney suggested, exists. Racism, as with the country, is alive and well in Hollywood...and permeates all of society.
I'm going to say something that you won't like but if you are familiar with Hollywood you will understand that it's not about racism, it's about numbers.

I'm sure understand that Hollywood is a business FIRST. It's not about creating art and great films that everyone feels good about. It's about getting asses in the seats aka Box Office. PERIOD. If movies about purple aliens consistently made money, you'd have no shortage of films set against the theme of purple aliens. You'll notice the trends if you are an avid film goer.

The reason that "black" films are hard to get green lit is because they GENERALLY do not do well overseas and that's where a lot of films make their money. When a film is green lit they have a good estimate of where it's going to make it's money i.e they know US numbers will be dismal but overseas ticket sales is where they will make their money and vice versa. Overseas box office plays a VERY important role when the decision to green light a film is made. Everything from the actors on screen to the genre of the film plays an instrumental role in the decision to green light a film.

Pitching a movie to a studio about an all black squadron in WWII (I liked the movie btw) is a tough sell when they have Fast and Furious 5 sitting on their desk. It's a business poet. The almighty dolla comes first.

If all black films had strong Box Office you'd see a ton of them, but unfortunately they aren't much of a draw. This is the dirty little secret that you don't hear and nobody likes to talk about, but anyone in Hollywood will tell you it's true.

To answer your question about Spielberg and Amistad. When you attach his name to a pile of poop, people will go see it. Not saying Amistad was terrible, it was great, but people saw Amistad because it was a Speilberg film. He's a box office whore and when he's attached you are all but guaranteed to at least get your money back

You make all kinds of claims but you never prove any of them. You are nothing what you claim to be and you can't prove you are.

First of all...what thinking person, with an ounce of credibility, would post "lies" on a political debate forum, of all things, to what end? Ask yourself?
The mere fact that I communicate, with 'college-level' English, logic, and usually support my positions with links and evidence to support my assertions should be a clue to my intent and honesty as a poster. I have nothing to gain by lying, except further indemnity from posters who already view me in a negative light. What if....what if all I have ever posted was the God's honest truth? How would you feel then? Would you apologize? Can you disagree with my positions, ideology, and arrogance, and yet take me at my word?
As God is my witness, and me being raised a God-fearing Episcopalian, and whose mother took to her knees, every night, to pray for me and my brother....I don't lie. It is my only righteousness against a sea of sharks, as I see it. Now, after that declaration, you can still call me a liar....I will not bother to respond to your posts again. Your ball, your court.

Paul Mooney is Not Supporting ?Django Unchained? | Black America Web

(Excerpt):

PAUL MOONEY(comedian): … y’all up there talking about slavery like you don’t, look, here, how do you make a movie about slavery? We should’ve learned our lesson from “Roots.”
TOM JOYNER(radio talk show host): So this is a parody?
PAUL MOONEY: I would think so. I haven’t seen it, but that’s what I would think. You know, I don’t, listen, first of all, people who run around telling you about your experience, you know, real white people, fake white people …you can’t tell me about my experience. You know?
SYBIL WILKES: He said real white people, and fake.
PAUL MOONEY: Yeah. Talk about, tell me about you. Tell me about your life. You understand? That’s interesting. Stop telling, if you’re not an Indian, don’t tell me about Indians. (Laughter) That’s just the way. You know? You understand?
TOM JOYNER: Yeah. Makes sense.

I love Paul Mooney-poet.

Paul Mooney Analyzing White America Full Version - YouTube

one funny dude.

Yeah it bends reality but it was a great fantasy about what everyone who hated slavery and the scars it has left on all of us want to imagine as a cathartic process.

What scar did it leave on you?

Me? I have no scars. I wasn't there.

that is because you are unaware of the scars.

That doesnt mean we are not scared.

If the only black people to have come to this nation would have been willing freedom seekers who were at least as welcome as my ancestors ( Irish) well then they would have had the same story as the rest of us.

They would have come to places like New York and been religated off to the poor sides of town.

they would have been called things like ****, patty, slant or the like and treated like shit until they were able to hard scabble their ways out of the ghetto.

Instead they were forced here to work even cheaper than the pattys and slants would .........its called nothing.

the black "immigrants" were not even allowed to hard scrabble their way to anything for generations.

You want to pretend that means nothing.

This country fought a world war to keep this type of horrible treatment from continuing to happen to jews.

Now you dont care about your own fellow Americans as much as you do the jewish people?

let me remind you black people were HUNG in the south AFTER we won WWII.

those people have family.

their family history includes an uncle that never reached adulthood because someone claimed he whistled at a white woman.

They include a cousin who was raped by five men and thrown in the river bound.

Why would any American claim no scar exissts today from such things?

None of my family was harmed that I know of.

But Im just the kind of person who feels for my felllow human beings even if their hair is curlier than mine or their accent is different than mine.

Im just built that way.

Now of you feel like you are better than me because you care less than I do about other humans then I think your brain is broken.

can you say sociopath?

I've listened to Paul Mooney and he is very funny, however if a white comedian were doing his type of material aimed at blacks it would be a whole other story. There is a double standard at play. Mooney is hilarious though.

In regards to Django Unchained, he clearly doesn't understand Tarantino as a filmmaker. Django Unchained was as historically correct to slavery as Inglourious Basterds was to the Nazi's occupation of France. No one goes to a Tarantino film expecting to get educated on slavery, nazi's, martial arts or the wild west. Tarantino is, in my opinion, the best Filmmaker alive today. He is a genius...

I agree with you on several points. One, a double standard exists, in many contexts, and as often, across the board. Two, Tarantino is brilliant. Mooney, is also brilliant.
And on the contrary, Mooney does, indeed, understand Tarantino, and said as much in the interview. Tarantino is allowed, by Hollywood, to use satire and "shock" to generate more profit than thought. I am aware of how difficult it is for black filmmakers to get their projects, "green-lighted". Hence, the "double standard". Why is it that only after Steven Spielberg signed on to "Amistad" and assigned the title of "co-producer" to Debbie Allen, that she was taken seriously as a filmmaker? Why was it nearly impossible to get "Red Tails" produced? Because a double standard, as Mooney suggested, exists. Racism, as with the country, is alive and well in Hollywood...and permeates all of society.
I'm going to say something that you won't like but if you are familiar with Hollywood you will understand that it's not about racism, it's about numbers.

I'm sure understand that Hollywood is a business FIRST. It's not about creating art and great films that everyone feels good about. It's about getting asses in the seats aka Box Office. PERIOD. If movies about purple aliens consistently made money, you'd have no shortage of films set against the theme of purple aliens. You'll notice the trends if you are an avid film goer.

The reason that "black" films are hard to get green lit is because they GENERALLY do not do well overseas and that's where a lot of films make their money. When a film is green lit they have a good estimate of where it's going to make it's money i.e they know US numbers will be dismal but overseas ticket sales is where they will make their money and vice versa. Overseas box office plays a VERY important role when the decision to green light a film is made. Everything from the actors on screen to the genre of the film plays an instrumental role in the decision to green light a film.

Pitching a movie to a studio about an all black squadron in WWII (I liked the movie btw) is a tough sell when they have Fast and Furious 5 sitting on their desk. It's a business poet. The almighty dolla comes first.

If all black films had strong Box Office you'd see a ton of them, but unfortunately they aren't much of a draw. This is the dirty little secret that you don't hear and nobody likes to talk about, but anyone in Hollywood will tell you it's true.

To answer your question about Spielberg and Amistad. When you attach his name to a pile of poop people will go see it. Not saying Amistad was terrible. People saw Amistad because it was a Speilberg film. He's a box office whore and can get anything made

Agreed. Money/Profit is the bottom line. But is it right? Is it justifiable, is the question?

And about Spielberg......how many films did he have to make before he got the Academy's recognition? The business is also about politics....and control...by you know who.

First of all...what thinking person, with an ounce of credibility, would post "lies" on a political debate forum, of all things, to what end? Ask yourself?
The mere fact that I communicate, with 'college-level' English, logic, and usually support my positions with links and evidence to support my assertions should be a clue to my intent and honesty as a poster. I have nothing to gain by lying, except further indemnity from posters who already view me in a negative light. What if....what if all I have ever posted was the God's honest truth? How would you feel then? Would you apologize? Can you disagree with my positions, ideology, and arrogance, and yet take me at my word?
As God is my witness, and me being raised a God-fearing Episcopalian, and whose mother took to her knees, every night, to pray for me and my brother....I don't lie. It is my only righteousness against a sea of sharks, as I see it. Now, after that declaration, you can still call me a liar....I will not bother to respond to your posts again. Your ball, your court.

You'll have to answer that question.

You don't usually support your position with links especially when challenged. So that is a lie.

So you tell me, why do insist on lying?

one funny dude.

What scar did it leave on you?

Me? I have no scars. I wasn't there.

that is because you are unaware of the scars.

That doesnt mean we are not scared.

If the only black people to have come to this nation would have been willing freedom seekers who were at least as welcome as my ancestors ( Irish) well then they would have had the same story as the rest of us.

They would have come to places like New York and been religated off to the poor sides of town.

they would have been called things like ****, patty, slant or the like and treated like shit until they were able to hard scabble their ways out of the ghetto.

Instead they were forced here to work even cheaper than the pattys and slants would .........its called nothing.

the black "immigrants" were not even allowed to hard scrabble their way to anything for generations.

You want to pretend that means nothing.

This country fought a world war to keep this type of horrible treatment from continuing to happen to jews.

Now you dont care about your own fellow Americans as much as you do the jewish people?

those people have family.

their family history includes an uncle that never reached adulthood because someone claimed he whistled at a white woman.

They include a cousin who was raped by five men and thrown in the river bound.

Why would any American claim no scar exissts today from such things?

None of my family was harmed that I know of.

But Im just the kind of person who feels for my felllow human beings even if their hair is curlier than mine or their accent is different than mine.

Im just built that way.

Now of you feel like you are better than me because you care less than I do about other humans then I think your brain is broken.

can you say sociopath?

You claimed you were scarred. Now we know that was a lie.

The Irish was not very welcomed. But why start being honest now?

You do know there were many black slave owners that didn't come to this country as slaves? Well then let's just add ignorance to the list.

This you will have to support.

Now we'll probably see TM do her usual run and hide routine.:scared1:

To answer your question about Spielberg and Amistad. When you attach his name to a pile of poop people will go see it. Not saying Amistad was terrible. People saw Amistad because it was a Speilberg film. He's a box office whore and can get anything made

Agreed. Money/Profit is the bottom line. But is it right? Is it justifiable, is the question?

And about Spielberg......how many films did he have to make before he got the Academy's recognition? The business is also about politics....and control...by you know who.
Is it right? It's neither right nor wrong. Nobody is telling movie goers to not see "Black Films." It's just the way it is. Is it justifiable? Yes. When hundreds of millions of dollars are on the line nobody wants to lose money. People want their money back and then some. There's a revolving door at studios with execs. You greenlight too many flops, you will find yourself out of job REAL quick. There's a lot of pressure and they are not taking many risks.

hey dipwad.

that was the point you dumb cracker.

All immigrants paid a price of racism.

they had to hardcramble their way out of it for generations until the boss man didnt mind their duaghter marrying the Iltalian kid down the street.

What happened to black people was they were not even allowed to hard scramble.

they were not here out of a sense of freedom were they?

They were forced here to work and be whipped and raped.

Yes I was damaged by this and so were you.

You jsut like the damage in your brain and are too stupid to realise your "pride" is actaully racism

Is it right? It's neither right nor wrong. Nobody is telling movie goers to not see "Black Films." It's just the way it is. Is it justifiable? Yes. When hundreds of millions of dollars are on the line nobody wants to lose money. People want their money back and then some.

I'm sorry, but I'm an artist...and in it for "art's sake". Would or should it matter if a beautiful film never made box office???? Independent film is known for producing gems and no return at the box office. Depends on where your head is, I guess. Dumb and Dumber "kill't", at the box office....but what value did it really have as art or film? Hmmm.

Is it right? It's neither right nor wrong. Nobody is telling movie goers to not see "Black Films." It's just the way it is. Is it justifiable? Yes. When hundreds of millions of dollars are on the line nobody wants to lose money. People want their money back and then some.

I'm sorry, but I'm an artist...and in it for "art's sake". Would or should it matter if a beautiful film never made box office???? Independent film is known for producing gems and no return at the box office. Depends on where your head is, I guess. Dumb and Dumber "kill't", at the box office....but what value did it really have as art or film? Hmmm.
You're preaching to the choir. I love film as an art, but at the level Mooney is talking about, it's anything but art. Your Dumb and Dumber is the perfect example. The value it had a film is that it made tons of money. Thats good enough for Hollywood.

As a side bar, I'm a huge Indie Film fan. The best films are indies

hey dipwad.

that was the point you dumb cracker.

All immigrants paid a price of racism.

they had to hardcramble their way out of it for generations until the boss man didnt mind their duaghter marrying the Iltalian kid down the street.

What happened to black people was they were not even allowed to hard scramble.

they were not here out of a sense of freedom were they?

They were forced here to work and be whipped and raped.

Yes I was damaged by this and so were you.

You jsut like the damage in your brain and are too stupid to realise your "pride" is actaully racism

No all immigrants didn't pay a price of racism. That is simply another lie.

I have no idea what "hardcramble " is and I suspect neither do you.

No I wasn't damaged by it. Because I wasn't there!

And please before you call anyone stupid learn how to fucking SPELL. It really makes you look like an even bigger idiot than we already know you are.

This message is hidden because Lonestar_logic is on your ignore list.
Listen, if I'm a liar, then what are you doing in my thread? All of those saying that I am lying have been accused by me of being racists, bigots, homophobes, or Neanderthals. I don't give a fuck. Move on.

Forum List

Back