Paul Ryan is the VP pick

While I don't like Biden, Ryan's budget is a disaster to seniors everywhere. And that's an official piece from Ryan of what he believes should be the federal budget.

We're saying no changes for Medicare for people above the age of 55. And in order to keep the promise to current seniors who've already retired and organized their lives around this program, you have to reform it for the next generation.
Read more at Paul Ryan Quotes Page 2 - BrainyQuote
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/paul_ryan_2.html#oURsfeJZEtqI4Ell.99

In other words he's admitting that the average American 55 and under is going to take a big hit on their healthcare costs after retirement.

Sell that while you're selling the need to give the Romney family a huge tax cut, because that 14% Romney pays is just too darn much.

That's not what it means. It means that Medicare will not change for those already on it. Medicare has to change regardless. Obama lies when he says Ryan will end Medicare. At it's present state it will be bankrupt in 5 or 10 years. Something has to be done.

I love the smell of GOoPer desperation in the morning. It smells like....

...4 more years of President Obama. :)

Ryan is the poster boy for the overall GOP philosophy that

yes, sacrifices have to be made for the fiscal health of the country, but no, the Rich won't be making any of those sacrifices.

I look forward to the VP debates... Ryan will eat Biden for breakfast.

Yeah, I'm sure Biden is just shaking in his shoes at the thought of taking on the guy who is too busy throwing up all over the country's breakfast in the form of privatizing Medicare.

This whole campaign has changed now, away from a referendum on Obama and onto a referendum on Medicare, which 75% of the country supports, including the craggy old white folks who will be simply overjoyed at having to pull the lever for the guy who wants to screw with their Medicare.

There are good things in the Ryan budget. However none of that really matters. It's mostly about perception, and the perception is that Paul Ryan wants to kill Medicare.

Please name them...

It avoids national bankruptcy.

The only good thing about the Obama budget is that it was defeated 98-0.

Except that it really doesn't...

Yeah, it cuts a few things, but it also gives more tax breaks to rich douchebags, which cancels that out...

The last thing our economy needs is more concentration of wealth at the top.

Yeah, I'm sure Biden is just shaking in his shoes at the thought of taking on the guy who is too busy throwing up all over the country's breakfast in the form of privatizing Medicare.

This whole campaign has changed now, away from a referendum on Obama and onto a referendum on Medicare, which 75% of the country supports, including the craggy old white folks who will be simply overjoyed at having to pull the lever for the guy who wants to screw with their Medicare.

You mean Obama?

We're saying no changes for Medicare for people above the age of 55. And in order to keep the promise to current seniors who've already retired and organized their lives around this program, you have to reform it for the next generation.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/paul_ryan_2.html#oURsfeJZEtqI4Ell.99

In other words he's admitting that the average American 55 and under is going to take a big hit on their healthcare costs after retirement.

Sell that while you're selling the need to give the Romney family a huge tax cut, because that 14% Romney pays is just too darn much.

That's not what it means. It means that Medicare will not change for those already on it. Medicare has to change regardless. Obama lies when he says Ryan will end Medicare. At it's present state it will be bankrupt in 5 or 10 years. Something has to be done.

Obama LIES? Tell me it's not so! lol!

Please name them...

Yeah, it cuts a few things, but it also gives more tax breaks to rich douchebags, which cancels that out...

Lies...lies....lies.

But you folks have been using these same lies since Jimmy Carter, so why expect you to come up with something original.

No, it won't be bankrupt in 5 or 10 years.

That's a nice myth though.

I think it's troubling that some people I know who have paid into it for three decades will not qualify for it, while their money goes to multinational corporate welfare and other special interests who no longer invest in America.

Romney-Ryan stand for a wholesale distribution of wealth from the bottom to the top, which makes no sense whatsoever, I don't care if you're a lib or a con. Doesn't make sense.

Convince me that it's good for a 52 yr old to have all that money going into Mitt Romney's pocket. Please. Make an argument and I'll hear it out.

Thanks to the Obama camp neutralizing most of Rmoney's other talking points, this pick means he now has to start talking about what Obama wanted to talk about in the first place.

Lies...lies....lies.

But you folks have been using these same lies since Jimmy Carter, so why expect you to come up with something original.

More wealth is concentrated at the top now than at any other time in US history.

It's not a lie. It's a fact.

You aren't really this dumb, are you? It's an act, like Limbaugh, right? See, he's pro-life, against contraception, anti-drug and pro "real" marriage, but it's funny cause he has no kids, has been married 3 or 4 times, and was addicted to drugs for a time.

Just an act of ignorance.

While I don't like Biden, Ryan's budget is a disaster to seniors everywhere. And that's an official piece from Ryan of what he believes should be the federal budget.

Come now, Obama's hypocrisy has already been exposed. He might talk about the rich not paying enough and how they want to give back, but his tax returns speak the truth. Why did he choose to shelter his income by "giving "it to his children? Why did he cheat the system out of the $10,000 he should have paid on that income? After all, he says he's one of those 1 % that should be paying more, so why is he hiding his money?

i look forward to the vp debates... Ryan will eat biden for breakfast.

yeah, i'm sure biden is just shaking in his shoes at the thought of taking on the guy who is too busy throwing up all over the country's breakfast in the form of privatizing medicare.

This whole campaign has changed now, away from a referendum on obama and onto a referendum on medicare, which 75% of the country supports, including the craggy old white folks who will be simply overjoyed at having to pull the lever for the guy who wants to screw with their medicare.

thanks to the obama camp neutralizing most of rmoney's other talking points, this pick means he now has to start talking about what obama wanted to talk about in the first place.

economics??? I think not....

Forum List

Back