Paying people off to avoid a scandal is perfectly legal

Post the transcripts? Go listen to them. Stormy Daniels was paid through Cohen's LLC which he clear as day says on the tape with Trump he was creating JUST to make the payments.

And Cohen used his own funds to fund the NDA, doesn't matter if he did it through the LLC or not, it was a short term loan to Trump personally and not to his campaign. The NDA served a dual purpose and couldn't have been a legal campaign expense under any circumstances.

Trump and Guiliani has said Trump paid Cohen back. Have you been under a huge rock?

That's why I said it was a short term personal loan to Trump, not to his campaign. Are you having problems reading simple english tonight?

It was not reported and was for the purpose of benefiting his campaign.

That's appears to be the position of knuckledraggers with TDS. The law says, if there was a personal benefit, it can't be a legitimate campaign expense. Deal with it.

It was a benefit to his campaign. It was for the purpose of influencing the election.

masonry_preview_2x.jpg
And he paid with his career.

It’s not ok when it’s a violation of election law

If Hillary did this you’d be in melt down

Now be quiet. You sound stupid

Its not a violation, legal experts and even the former head of the Federal Election Commission say so. Tissue? lmao!
the federal election commission SAID it WAS a crime, and that is why Cohen was able to be charged with a crime for it by the prosecutors....
There is ZERO evidence Trump used campaign funds so NO CRIME.

That is where the problem is, he used non campaign funds for campaign expenses..that is a no no.

nope not according to the law

if he did with any other reason

such as to hide it from the wife

or

to save embarrassment to the family

then no crime has been committed

He did it to impact the election, no different than if he had used non campaign funds to pay for TV ads.

Cohen used his own money to pay her. NOT a crime, and ZERO evidence Trump gave him money from the campaign dumb ass.
Trump says it was his money

Get he story straight
Last I checked it is not illegal to pay off a blackmailer. There is ZERO evidence he used campaign funds to do it. Therefore NO crime.

Absent the campaign, would the candidate have incurred the expense? If the answer is yes, Trump is in the clear. If the answer is no, then it is a campaign violation. In this case, we have a billionaire that has spent more time in court than just about anyone. Big CEO's, Billionaires, entertainers and athletes all have been known to make settlements like this one. Michael Jackson and on and on. For many, Trump included, this has probably been normal business for him for years. As the attorney for John Edwards said, its not illegal to be a pig. Trump is very famous and very rich. This is an easy defense for Trump, and is why this will never go anywhere from here.
not really....

one, he f'd them 10 years ago, he waited till 3 weeks or so before the election to pay them off...

two, we've got Cohen and tapes he made of Trump directed arrangements for payments by Cohen for the purpose of keeping them silent during his presidential run because they both could hurt his campaign....

three, we've got the Trump ''Trust''.... which is the Trump Foundation.... trump's alleged Charity, being instructed by the Trump Organization, to pay Cohen back for the payoff he made to Stormy.... (the Trump F Charity was forced by NY State to shut down because of their criminal behavior shortly after that...)

and fake invoices by Cohen to the Trump Org for repayments of the money as well....

so, there is a lot more crooked stuff going on than I could have ever imagined!!!
there is a lot more crooked stuff going on than I could have ever imagined!!!
Now I get it....

Crooked isn't removing security headers
and replacing them with inconspicuous e mail headers,
or allowing classified information to be downloaded
onto thumb drives or uploaded onto a laptop,
after it was downloaded and sent to a tech via an email,
or, not suspicious that days before you KNEW you were
being subpoenaed for those emails on your hard drive,
you had a tech delete everything.... and when asked about it....
What, like wipe, with a cloth

Or, receiving foreign donations, while SoS,
funneled through the Clinton Foundation,
which weren't reported, even though,
You signed a disclosure that required
all foreign donations were limited and had to be,
disclosed and approved...which did not happen

Or, receiving donations from foreign governments,
during your presidential run, you were sure to win
to the Clinton Foundation, that never donated before,
and haven't since you lost...furthermore,
foreign governments that had been making
substantial donations to the Clinton Foundation,
while she was SoS or had resumed donations afterwards,
increased their donations but, wouldn't you know,
those donations dramatically decreased or stopped,
after she lost the presidential race...

Or, using charity donations for your daughters wedding....

Really, do I need to go on?
Logic should dictate, not whether or not,
there was an indictment or a conviction!

Cohen used his own money to pay her. NOT a crime, and ZERO evidence Trump gave him money from the campaign dumb ass.
Trump says it was his money

Get he story straight
Last I checked it is not illegal to pay off a blackmailer. There is ZERO evidence he used campaign funds to do it. Therefore NO crime.

Absent the campaign, would the candidate have incurred the expense? If the answer is yes, Trump is in the clear. If the answer is no, then it is a campaign violation. In this case, we have a billionaire that has spent more time in court than just about anyone. Big CEO's, Billionaires, entertainers and athletes all have been known to make settlements like this one. Michael Jackson and on and on. For many, Trump included, this has probably been normal business for him for years. As the attorney for John Edwards said, its not illegal to be a pig. Trump is very famous and very rich. This is an easy defense for Trump, and is why this will never go anywhere from here.
not really....

one, he f'd them 10 years ago, he waited till 3 weeks or so before the election to pay them off...

two, we've got Cohen and tapes he made of Trump directed arrangements for payments by Cohen for the purpose of keeping them silent during his presidential run because they both could hurt his campaign....

three, we've got the Trump ''Trust''.... which is the Trump Foundation.... trump's alleged Charity, being instructed by the Trump Organization, to pay Cohen back for the payoff he made to Stormy.... (the Trump F Charity was forced by NY State to shut down because of their criminal behavior shortly after that...)

and fake invoices by Cohen to the Trump Org for repayments of the money as well....

so, there is a lot more crooked stuff going on than I could have ever imagined!!!
there is a lot more crooked stuff going on than I could have ever imagined!!!
Now I get it....

Crooked isn't removing security headers
and replacing them with inconspicuous e mail headers,
or allowing classified information to be downloaded
onto thumb drives or uploaded onto a laptop,
after it was downloaded and sent to a tech via an email,
or, not suspicious that days before you KNEW you were
being subpoenaed for those emails on your hard drive,
you had a tech delete everything.... and when asked about it....
What, like wipe, with a cloth

Or, receiving foreign donations, while SoS,
funneled through the Clinton Foundation,
which weren't reported, even though,
You signed a disclosure that required
all foreign donations were limited and had to be,
disclosed and approved...which did not happen

Or, receiving donations from foreign governments,
during your presidential run, you were sure to win
to the Clinton Foundation, that never donated before,
and haven't since you lost...furthermore,
foreign governments that had been making
substantial donations to the Clinton Foundation,
while she was SoS or had resumed donations afterwards,
increased their donations but, wouldn't you know,
those donations dramatically decreased or stopped,
after she lost the presidential race...

Or, using charity donations for your daughters wedding....

Really, do I need to go on?
Logic should dictate, not whether or not,
there was an indictment or a conviction!

What does any of this have to do with Donald Trump? Did you post this in the wrong thread?

Unanswered of course is why anyone still supports a whore monger who surrounded himself with felons

You offered us Hillary and Bill, any other stupid questions?

2 years ago...

Why are you still supporting a whoremonger who surrounds himself with felons today?
I didn't see the liberals on this board do much objecting when Hillary was arming terrorists and starting a war in Libya.

Partisans will be partisans, won't they?

What are you going to do?

You have to admit, these crimes are pretty minor. There does seem to be an orchestrated attempt here to cripple the president.

Are you saying you would prefer Pence? He is far more conservative.

Something stinks.
She did that?
Wow, I didn't know.
Post a couple of links. I want to read about it.
Dude, it's common knowledge, it's one of the main reasons why she lost the election. Get with the program.

The Red Line and the Rat Line
Seymour M. Hersh on Obama, Erdoğan and the Syrian rebels
LRB · Seymour M. Hersh · The Red Line and the Rat Line: Erdoğan and the Syrian rebels
". . . In January, the Senate Intelligence Committee released a report on the assault by a local militia in September 2012 on the American consulate and a nearby undercover CIA facility in Benghazi, which resulted in the death of the US ambassador, Christopher Stevens, and three others. The report’s criticism of the State Department for not providing adequate security at the consulate, and of the intelligence community for not alerting the US military to the presence of a CIA outpost in the area, received front-page coverage and revived animosities in Washington, with Republicans accusing Obama and Hillary Clinton of a cover-up. A highly classified annex to the report, not made public, described a secret agreement reached in early 2012 between the Obama and Erdoğan administrations. It pertained to the rat line. By the terms of the agreement, funding came from Turkey, as well as Saudi Arabia and Qatar; the CIA, with the support of MI6, was responsible for getting arms from Gaddafi’s arsenals into Syria. A number of front companies were set up in Libya, some under the cover of Australian entities. Retired American soldiers, who didn’t always know who was really employing them, were hired to manage procurement and shipping. The operation was run by David Petraeus, the CIA director who would soon resign when it became known he was having an affair with his biographer. (A spokesperson for Petraeus denied the operation ever took place.) . . . "

If campaign money was used to pay Daniels, it’s a campaign finance violation and Trump should be fined....

Just like Obama was in 2008 for $375,000 when he violated campaign finance laws.

Where is the Trump/Putin collusion to rig the 2016 POTUS election?

The money trail should be pretty easy to follow.

Did Trump pay $130,000 to Daniels with his own money or with political donations?

I challenge anyone to post what statute Trump violated if he paid Daniels hush money from his own funds that he gave to Cohen.

I’ll even get you started.

Finish the sentence:

When Trump paid hush money to Stormy Daniels, he violated:

Title 52 - VOTING AND ELECTIONS
Subtitle III - Federal Campaign Finance
CHAPTER 301 - FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGNS
SUBCHAPTER I - DISCLOSURE OF FEDERAL CAMPAIGN FUNDS

(Now, here is the part where you cite the specific statutes he violated.)

Anyone?

If he didn’t violate any laws, it’s going to be tough to impeach him for the stormy Daniels thing.

I did most of your homework for you, just cite the statute he violated. Dean tried.

Agreed.

But he didn't serve a day. Mostly b/c it wasn't against the law, nothing was deemed illegal.

Now you only need to convince the American folks not to vote for Trump because of his sleazy behavior, just like the American voters decided not to vote for Hillary b/c of HER sleazy behavior.

I'm not sure why, but it seems the Democrats think that paying off a woman to be quiet about a scandal is somehow illegal. Well, it isn't.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what any of this has to do with collusion with Russia...

Nothing. And it’s not working.

I'm not sure why, but it seems the Democrats think that paying off a woman to be quiet about a scandal is somehow illegal. Well, it isn't.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what any of this has to do with collusion with Russia...

Its not a violation, legal experts and even the former head of the Federal Election Commission say so. Tissue? lmao!

When this boomerangs on the left, you might want to wear your rubber boots. The leftist tears are going to run deep....

I predict they will turn on Mueller like a pack of rabid dogs and conjure up conspiracy theories about how Mueller was secretly working with Trump all along.
Hahahahaha
Watching this thread of denial and panic is delicious...:71:

Last edited:

the federal election commission SAID it WAS a crime, and that is why Cohen was able to be charged with a crime for it by the prosecutors....
It’s getting harder and harder to pretend these freaks aren’t certifiably insane, isn’t it?

You people have a lot of time on your hands since we took back the House, Senate, and White House. Try a new hobby you may have better luck vs trying to take down Trump.
And...how's that working for you? :71:

Oh yes it is.
And I'll gladly tell you why.
When you contribute to a campaign a "thing of value" it has to be documented and reported. That doesn't even need to be money.
The women were shushed to affect the outcome of the election, so that, by definition, makes it part of the campaign.

Say the president paid with his own money (which it looks like he did). They call that "in kind". It was money paid to affect the outcome of the election, so it was money paid to his campaign.
And it was unreported which means campaign finance laws were broken.
All he had to do was report it.
What's funny is how alike it is to Clinton's BJ. If Bill had reported his BJ from the beginning, Republicans never could have cornered him into lying to his wife.
Ergo,
If Trump had reported his payoffs to his hookers, he never would have broken campaign finance laws.

But Bill never had to pay for his BJ. He got that for free.
Donald Trump & John Edwards: Campaign Finance Comparison | Heavy.com
the difference also is that trump's affairs with these women took place 10 years earlier.... but he didn't pay them off for their silence until just weeks before the election for the purpose of shutting them up due to his running for the presidency, Melania was never mentioned while edwards wanted to keep it secret from his dying wife, a year and a half before the election....

Also, it has been exposed that Trump and Cohen, devised a plan to hide the money, hide his name, used fake invoices for Trump's business to pay him back..... a whole bunch of things that only make sense if he was trying to hide these affairs due to his campaign being hurt, if they were exposed....

Details. Insignificant details.

Let's be honest, shall we?

The real difference here for you is that one is a liberal Democrat, and the other is a repulsive reality star.

The truth is, if we are being honest, they have one thing in common, it doesn't matter if it is Edwards or Trump, and you nailed it; "he was trying to hide these affairs due to his campaign being hurt"

Unanswered of course is why anyone still supports a whore monger who surrounded himself with felons

That is what we asked ourselves when asshats like you supported the rapist bill clinton and then voted for his wife, the woman who actually led the team that silenced the women he sexually assaulted and raped......

How dare you bring up Bill Clinton the intern abuser accused rapists and his enabling shrill wife.
The intern went to DC to “get her presidential knee pads” and never complained about her treatment.

As for shrill insane trump and his little trumptards are shrill.

Poor trumpkin

But Eileen Wellstone, Juanita Broaderick and Elizabeth Gracen didn't ask to be raped by clinton, and the other dozen or so women we know about didn't ask to be sexually assaulted by him.... #metoo...remember....?
And...the indictments are.....?

But but Bill...

That is all they have. An army of rabid squirrels and rotting red herrings trying to distract from their overflowing swamp,
Ok...let me ask the obvious question....Does anyone honestly expect trumpanzees to wake up and admit to the disaster they bought into? Most of them will go down with the Trump ship, denying and crying victim alllllllllllll the way.

You offered us Hillary and Bill, any other stupid questions?

2 years ago...

Why are you still supporting a whoremonger who surrounds himself with felons today?
Whore monger? Obama dropped 100 times more bombs than Trump ever thought of dropping. How many people did the Nobel peace prize winner kill with drones?

Bombs?
Weren't they complaining about horses and bayonets at one time?

That is what we asked ourselves when asshats like you supported the rapist bill clinton and then voted for his wife, the woman who actually led the team that silenced the women he sexually assaulted and raped......

How dare you bring up Bill Clinton the intern abuser accused rapists and his enabling shrill wife.
The intern went to DC to “get her presidential knee pads” and never complained about her treatment.

As for shrill insane trump and his little trumptards are shrill.

Poor trumpkin

But Eileen Wellstone, Juanita Broaderick and Elizabeth Gracen didn't ask to be raped by clinton, and the other dozen or so women we know about didn't ask to be sexually assaulted by him.... #metoo...remember....?
He didn’t rape anyone you lying shill. And Juanita broadwrixk specifically said they made her lie and was found to be lying by investigators.

Stop pretending you give a damn about women. If you did, you’d be concerned about YOUR sexual predator in the White House.

Now go back and get different marching orders, hack. Because your delusional and pathetic lies are old.

Well to anyone who isn’t trumpscum

But but Bill...

That is all they have. An army of rabid squirrels and rotting red herrings trying to distract from their overflowing swamp,
Ok...let me ask the obvious question....Does anyone honestly expect trumpanzees to wake up and admit to the disaster they bought into? Most of them will go down with the Trump ship, denying and crying victim alllllllllllll the way.
That’s because he’s the internet troll as president and that’s all the scum care about.

It’s getting harder and harder to pretend these freaks aren’t certifiably insane, isn’t it?
they've certainly sold their souls to Trump's lawlessness... :(
No. He says all of the vile hate filled ignorant things they want to hear. They are intentionally delusional
Look in the mirror much......

Got brain dead Dem like Water head telling people to attack the other side......paying thugs to attack opposition...........then bitch when people fight back.......

Get used to it ......niceness is now gone.........Your side provoked it.........don't cry when it comes back with Karma......

DNC and Hillary paid for dirt from ..........OMFG.......RUSSIAN OFFICIALS .........to influence a election.......and still lost.......That is how bad your candidate sucked...........

Then intel big dogs.........woof woof ..........leaked information from a DISAVOWED CONTACT to the news......

Rewarded with Jobs there.

This is so tainted..........this man can see it.

ray-charles-3.jpg
What are you blathering about, loon?

Oh yes it is.
And I'll gladly tell you why.
When you contribute to a campaign a "thing of value" it has to be documented and reported. That doesn't even need to be money.
The women were shushed to affect the outcome of the election, so that, by definition, makes it part of the campaign.

Say the president paid with his own money (which it looks like he did). They call that "in kind". It was money paid to affect the outcome of the election, so it was money paid to his campaign.
And it was unreported which means campaign finance laws were broken.
All he had to do was report it.
What's funny is how alike it is to Clinton's BJ. If Bill had reported his BJ from the beginning, Republicans never could have cornered him into lying to his wife.
Ergo,
If Trump had reported his payoffs to his hookers, he never would have broken campaign finance laws.

But Bill never had to pay for his BJ. He got that for free.
Donald Trump & John Edwards: Campaign Finance Comparison | Heavy.com
the difference also is that trump's affairs with these women took place 10 years earlier.... but he didn't pay them off for their silence until just weeks before the election for the purpose of shutting them up due to his running for the presidency, Melania was never mentioned while edwards wanted to keep it secret from his dying wife, a year and a half before the election....

Also, it has been exposed that Trump and Cohen, devised a plan to hide the money, hide his name, used fake invoices for Trump's business to pay him back..... a whole bunch of things that only make sense if he was trying to hide these affairs due to his campaign being hurt, if they were exposed....

Details. Insignificant details.

Let's be honest, shall we?

The real difference here for you is that one is a liberal Democrat, and the other is a repulsive reality star.

The truth is, if we are being honest, they have one thing in common, it doesn't matter if it is Edwards or Trump, and you nailed it; "he was trying to hide these affairs due to his campaign being hurt"
Poor little trumpian liar. Can’t tell the difference between what’s criminal and what isn’t.

Here’s a hint. Settling a civil suit is very different from having your lawyer make an illegal campaign contribution to pay off women telling the truth About what a skank your orange loon is.

You just don’t give a flying because Donald says all the disgusting bigoted homophonic and misogynist things the trash “base” wants.

Now run along

Forum List

Back