Paying people off to avoid a scandal is perfectly legal

I'm not sure why, but it seems the Democrats think that paying off a woman to be quiet about a scandal is somehow illegal. Well, it isn't.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what any of this has to do with collusion with Russia...
No, it isn't illegal. What is illegal is when you pay for it with election campaign funds, accept the funds from a corporation (which is illegal) and accept an amount way above what is allowed.

But but Bill...

That is all they have. An army of rabid squirrels and rotting red herrings trying to distract from their overflowing swamp,
Ok...let me ask the obvious question....Does anyone honestly expect trumpanzees to wake up and admit to the disaster they bought into? Most of them will go down with the Trump ship, denying and crying victim alllllllllllll the way.

God forbid we would expect that winning an election would get our interests finally represented in government policy.

How silly of US not to realize that scum like you would gin up some excuse to shut down democracy, when you didn't win.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible....

It’s not ok when it’s a violation of election law

That’s where the argument lies. It has not been established it was a violation yet or not. I’ve basically heard some people say it is and others say it isn’t
That’s where the argument lies. It has not been established it was a violation yet or not. I’ve basically heard some people say it is and others say it isn’t

There is no argument. Only desperate narratives.

It has been established. The man who made the payment has plead guilty to doing so.

Do you imagine that Cohen, his lawyers, the prosecutors and the judge are all just mistaken?

But but Bill...

That is all they have. An army of rabid squirrels and rotting red herrings trying to distract from their overflowing swamp,
Ok...let me ask the obvious question....Does anyone honestly expect trumpanzees to wake up and admit to the disaster they bought into? Most of them will go down with the Trump ship, denying and crying victim alllllllllllll the way.

God forbid we would expect that winning an election would get our interests finally represented in government policy.

How silly of US not to realize that scum like you would gin up some excuse to shut down democracy, when you didn't win.

If you're going to run a presidential campaign, you ought to know what the finance rules are. Trump and Cohen violated them. Maybe they weren't aware, being newcomers to the neighborhood, that their scummy behavior wasn't allowed with campaign funds. Or maybe they were, because why else would Cohen go to so much trouble to hide it?
Dunno.

Mueller just got 16 felony convictions.
The traitor is the racist guy who says the bullsh!t Trump says at his rallies.

And those convictions had WHAT to do with "Russian Collusion?" :dunno:

You fucking traitors are grasping at straws.
That's actually an easy one. Manafort got all that money from Russia and he was Trump's campaign manager and his job was to change the GOP party platform. And he did.
This was a guy who was broke, worked for free, and somehow ended up with millions.

And he is one of the first links.

Wait for the rest to show up. Mueller is thorough and methodical. One of Manafort's jurer's said there was only a single holdout otherwise there would be 18 felony convictions instead of just 8. And the other 10 can still be retried. They were only deadlocked.

But but Bill...

If you're going to run a presidential campaign, you ought to know what the finance rules are. Trump and Cohen violated them. Maybe they weren't aware, being newcomers to the neighborhood, that their scummy behavior wasn't allowed with campaign funds. Or maybe they were, because why else would Cohen go to so much trouble to hide it?
Dunno.

Don't give me this shit. At BEST, it is a justification for your attempt to over turn the election, just because you don't like that the other side won.

At worst, nothing but a thinly veiled coup. That we ALL see right though.

I'm not sure why, but it seems the Democrats think that paying off a woman to be quiet about a scandal is somehow illegal. Well, it isn't.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what any of this has to do with collusion with Russia...

If Hillary did this you’d be in melt down

Now be quiet. You sound stupid

Its not a violation, legal experts and even the former head of the Federal Election Commission say so. Tissue? lmao!

When this boomerangs on the left, you might want to wear your rubber boots. The leftist tears are going to run deep....

I predict they will turn on Mueller like a pack of rabid dogs and conjure up conspiracy theories about how Mueller was secretly working with Trump all along.

LMAO Yup. Just as soon as his report shows not sign of collusion he will immediately be branded as working with Trump.

These lefty loons are laughable.

But but Bill...

Dunno.

Don't give me this shit. At BEST, it is a justification for your attempt to over turn the election, just because you don't like that the other side won.

At worst, nothing but a thinly veiled coup. That we ALL see right though.
"This shit?" I read it in the paper this morning and then read two more articles about what the problems were on line to be sure.

You can ignore the truth and continue to soothe yourself that all of this is just sour grapes, but you're in for a rude awakening, I think.

Oh yes it is.
And I'll gladly tell you why.
When you contribute to a campaign a "thing of value" it has to be documented and reported. That doesn't even need to be money.
The women were shushed to affect the outcome of the election, so that, by definition, makes it part of the campaign.

Say the president paid with his own money (which it looks like he did). They call that "in kind". It was money paid to affect the outcome of the election, so it was money paid to his campaign.
And it was unreported which means campaign finance laws were broken.
All he had to do was report it.
What's funny is how alike it is to Clinton's BJ. If Bill had reported his BJ from the beginning, Republicans never could have cornered him into lying to his wife.
Ergo,
If Trump had reported his payoffs to his hookers, he never would have broken campaign finance laws.

But Bill never had to pay for his BJ. He got that for free.
Donald Trump & John Edwards: Campaign Finance Comparison | Heavy.com
the difference also is that trump's affairs with these women took place 10 years earlier.... but he didn't pay them off for their silence until just weeks before the election for the purpose of shutting them up due to his running for the presidency, Melania was never mentioned while edwards wanted to keep it secret from his dying wife, a year and a half before the election....

Also, it has been exposed that Trump and Cohen, devised a plan to hide the money, hide his name, used fake invoices for Trump's business to pay him back..... a whole bunch of things that only make sense if he was trying to hide these affairs due to his campaign being hurt, if they were exposed....

Details. Insignificant details.

Let's be honest, shall we?

The real difference here for you is that one is a liberal Democrat, and the other is a repulsive reality star.

The truth is, if we are being honest, they have one thing in common, it doesn't matter if it is Edwards or Trump, and you nailed it; "he was trying to hide these affairs due to his campaign being hurt"
Poor little trumpian liar. Can’t tell the difference between what’s criminal and what isn’t.

Here’s a hint. Settling a civil suit is very different from having your lawyer make an illegal campaign contribution to pay off women telling the truth About what a skank your orange loon is.

You just don’t give a flying because Donald says all the disgusting bigoted homophonic and misogynist things the trash “base” wants.

Now run along
So do you think they will go after Trump on this then?

Care to make an avatar wager on whether this is what will bring his presidency down?

Trump is innocent -- and he has maintained he was telling the truth this whole time

That is why he will do just fine when he testifies under oath -- Trump only tells the truth

Deal with it libs

What election law was violated if Trump used his own money to pay off this woman?

Any payment from any source that benefits a campaign is a campaign contribution. There are limits as to the amount and requirements for reporting.

Knowingly violating those requirements under the law is a felony.

What election law was violated if Trump used his own money to pay off this woman?

Any payment from any source that benefits a campaign is a campaign contribution. There are limits as to the amount and requirements for reporting.

That's a pretty loopy theory. But, as Squarepants Sponge Bob would say, "Good luck with that!!!"

No law was violated.

But but but...but...:206:
Say uneducated lying little trumpkins.

Ijits. No crimes were committed but everyone is going to jail

Morons.

Hint, how many crimes did Cohen plead to? Which one isn't a crime? Rubbing salt in the left's wounds, good times!
Hint, how many crimes did Cohen plead to? Which one isn't a crime?

You have the critical thinking ability of a turnip.

How does one plea guilty to a non-crime?

That's a pretty loopy theory. But, as Squarepants Sponge Bob would say, "Good luck with that!!!"

Loopy? How so?

But but Bill...

Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen.....:71:

masonry_preview_2x.jpg
Double standards

He went to trial, retard.

There is no argument. Only desperate narratives.

It has been established. The man who made the payment has plead guilty to doing so.

Do you imagine that Cohen, his lawyers, the prosecutors and the judge are all just mistaken?
All these newly minted legal beagles....:71:

Its not a violation, legal experts and even the former head of the Federal Election Commission say so. Tissue? lmao!
the federal election commission SAID it WAS a crime, and that is why Cohen was able to be charged with a crime for it by the prosecutors....
There is ZERO evidence Trump used campaign funds so NO CRIME.

That is where the problem is, he used non campaign funds for campaign expenses..that is a no no.

nope not according to the law

if he did with any other reason

such as to hide it from the wife

or

to save embarrassment to the family

then no crime has been committed

He did it to impact the election, no different than if he had used non campaign funds to pay for TV ads.

you cant prove that

and the law is clear if there are other possible reasons

no law is broke

i am not going to go around and around with you troll

over something that is already law

If Hillary did this you’d be in melt down

Now be quiet. You sound stupid

the federal election commission SAID it WAS a crime, and that is why Cohen was able to be charged with a crime for it by the prosecutors....
This was a witch hunt..........I've posted examples of similar circumstances........many Dems.........OMFG.........slap on the wrist........

Double standards and an Investigation in search of a crime.........nothing to do with Russia.............

A good while ago you said the cleaners would go in and find ONLY THINGS RELATED TO THE CASE.........RUSSIA........

They didn't now did they ...............I laughed at you then and I'm laughing at you now.
it's true it is not part of the Russia investigation, but that matters naught..... that is why it is in the Southern district of new york and not with the Mueller team.... these crimes have mostly to do with the taxi business of Cohen's and his taxi business partner, who was arrested by NY State and ratted on Cohen for his tax evasion and crimes.... in a plea bargain...

Cohen, via Lanny Davis released a tape he had of trump and him conspiring to pay the National Enquirer guy for the Karen McDougal $150k to silence her and prevent her story from being published, a ''catch and kill'', so that Trump could own the contract between AMI (Parent company of National Enquirer) in case their buddy over there at AMI got hit by a car or died in-expectantly, is what trump said on the tape we all heard.... He wanted to own the rights to it.

The prosecutors in the Southern District never got a copy of that phone recording because the special judicial magistrate said that could be attorney client privileged stuff.... but after the tape was released by Cohen, the southern district of new york got their hands on it, and then after investigating and determining a crime was committed, added the crimes to his other 5 charges involving his taxi medallion business.
Only juries determine whether a crime was committed, not prosecutors.

Charges were filed, cohen plead guilty. Done.

There is ZERO evidence Trump used campaign funds so NO CRIME.

That is where the problem is, he used non campaign funds for campaign expenses..that is a no no.

nope not according to the law

if he did with any other reason

such as to hide it from the wife

or

to save embarrassment to the family

then no crime has been committed

He did it to impact the election, no different than if he had used non campaign funds to pay for TV ads.

you cant prove that

and the law is clear if there are other possible reasons

no law is broke

i am not going to go around and around with you troll

over something that is already law
No law is broke......:71:

Forum List

Back