Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame=http://youtu.be/BN9JALQRMb0]There Is A Balm In Gilead - Deborah Liv Johnson - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/MsB_BMWcmMA]The Kathryn Kuhlman Choir; He's the Saviour of my soul/ Then sings my soul - YouTube[/ame]

Kathryn Kuhlman - Online Sermons

Kathryn Kuhlman spoke of God and of miracles. In the fifty years of her ministry, she may have personally witnessed to her Lord's love and power before more than 100,000,000 people. And wherever she went, people who once thought miracles impossible learned to believe in miracles.

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/vuPpEQyiCx4]Holy Spirit come and fill this place w/ lyrics - Beverly Crawford - YouTube[/ame]

Sermon on a Radio Message - Love has Never Made a Sacrifice by Katherine Kuhlman -

(this Sermon is also in print found on page 126 - 128 of Kathryn Kuhlman -Biography - by Roberts Liardon

Love Has Never Made a Sacrifice ( A public radio Message by Katherine Kuhlman )

You and I have been having some heart to heart talks regarding something everybody's talking about these days, and that's love. The longer I live, the older I get, the more I realize how few people know what love really is. I mean that, And yet I know that I'm dealing with something that's vitally important when I discuss with you this thing of love, because the Word of God - and always remember, the Bible is the highest authority that man has - instructs us to follow after love.

Paul talked about the wonderful gifts of the Spirit and encouraged us to seek earnestly the best of the gifts of the Spirit. ( 1 Corinthians 12:31 ) Yet he comes to a great climax, then says: "And yet shew I unto you a more excellent way." ( verse 31 King James Version )

Follow after love, and even though you should be fortunate enough to be one to whom all the gifts of the Spirit were given, if you were not mastered by love, then these gifts of the Spirit would be nothing - absolutely nothing whatsover. Everything must be motivated by love.

Love is patient ( suffers long ) But don't stop there. The Word of God continues: "and is kind" ( 1 Corinthians 13:4 ) Sometimes I think there is so little real kindness in the world today, so little of forgiveness. That's another word that's completely out of the human vocabulary. We've been adding so many new words to the human vocabulary. It seems like every time I have a conversation with somebody, especially the youth of today, I become aware of the fact that there's so many new words.

On the other hand, there are also many words being taken out of our vocabularies, and another one of those words is kindness. We hear so little about kindness. You know, once Peter - having his own theology like a lot of folks today - went to the Lord and said, "I'm telling you something. I'm having difficulty forgiving my brethren. And I've just come to the conclusion that once is alright. To forgive them twice, I can do that. I'm straining a little in forgiving them five times. I've almost reached the end in forgiving them six times - but seven times is the limit! I'll forgive them seven times, and then after that, I'll take matters into my own hands and give them what they deserve." ( Matt 18: 21 paraphrased )

That was Peter's theology when it came to forgiveness and kindness. What did the Master say?

He said, You poor child of Mine! Oh, dear me. Forgive him seventy times seven, and then if he's still in need of forgiveness, just keep pouring it on. Real love suffers long and is kind.

Conclusion of Katherine Kuhlman's radio sermon next -
http://www.kathrynkuhlman.com/

Last edited:
The Official Website of The Kathryn Kuhlman Foundation, A Tribute to Memory of Kathryn Kuhlman conclusion of Katherine Kuhlmans radio Sermon on Love Has Never made a Sacrifice

I left you ( last time ) by giving you a wonderful illustration in what Jacob said about one of his sons. He was talking about Joseph, and he said, "Joseph is a fruitful bough, a fruitful bough by a fountain. His branches run over the wall." ( Genesis 49:22 - paraphrased )

That's beautiful. That's beautiful, and to think a father said that about one of his sons. But Jacob didn't stop there. ( He said Joseph was ) a fruitful bough by a fountain with his branches running over a wall. More than anything else, I want to go that extra mile. I want to go that third mile. I want to do more than is expected of me. More than even my Lord expects of me, for I must please Him first. Then I want to do more than my brethren expect of me. I want to go beyond that which my enemies even expect of me. Not the third mile, but the fourth mile, the fifth mile. His branches run over the wall.... something for the man next door, something for the outsider.

Love "suffereth long and is kind." What's next? Love "envieth not......vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up. ( I Corinthians 13:4) That is to say, the "ear" is never undervaluing itself because it's not the "eye." The ear is rejoicing in the brilliance of the eye. It's not envying anything that someone else possesses. Stop right there. Don't just hurry over these things. You talk about love. Everybody's talking about love, everybody no matter where you go. Love, love. There are those ( hippies ) who are wearing certain clothes to try to impress upon people what they stand for - love. But love isn't just in your dress or the length of your hair. Love is something that you do. Love is never jealous. Love "envieth not". ( verse 4 KJV ) and this is not only for the one with the long hair, but it's for the one in the pulpit, in clerical robes.

That's another kind of dress. Sometimes I think we find more jealousy in the pulpits than we'll find anywhere else in the world. Why it is, I don't know. Don't ask me! I don't have the answer. But very often, I think you find more jealousy in clerical robes than in any form of dress. You want me to hurry past that? But it's there.

You know, it would be wonderful if those who are members of the body of Christ would realize and acknowledge the fact that we are in the same Body, the Body of Christ, that Christ Himself is the Head and one with the Body to whom He belongs. If someone is successful at winning souls to the Lord Jesus Christ, and he's doing more than we're doing, can we say, "Oh, I rejoice in it, I rejoice in it? We ( ought to ) stand on the sidelines and applaud because it is the same family to which we belong. It is the same family we are born into. If only we could do that, you want to know something? We'd win the world for God. If we could manifest the love of the Lord Jesus Christ to that degree where we rejoice in our brother's success and do everything humanly possible to help him succeed - literally - the world would see the Love of Jesus Christ manifested through our lives, and we'd win the unconverted and unregenerated to God.

Do you want to know who my worst critics are today? Not the man on the street, not the hippie, not the unregenerated, but very often, one of the member of the clergy. Do you want to know who understands Katherine Kuhlman the least? Not the hippie, not the sinner, but the one who professes religion. Love "envieth not." That means: Do not envy what someone else possesses. Love "vaunteth not itself ) verse 4 KJV.

Oh now, if you're doing something, stop doing it right now, and listen very closely. This is practical. If only you and I would get back to the Word of God - it has everything. The Word of God has all the answers......if man would just come back to the Bible, and see what the Bible really teaches ( if man would ) get back again to the Word of God, the laws of God, instead of living contrary to the Word of God. You see, that's the reason we've gotten ourselves in such a mess- because we're all living contrary to what the Bible teaches. We're living contrary to God's laws and God's rules, and we've gotten ourselves into the fix we're in today............

Love that talks of loving is not love. You know, I get scared of these people who constantly are coming to me and telling me how much they love me: Oh, Miss Kuhlman, Miss Kuhlman, oh I love you, I love you. I found out a long time ago those are the people who will be the very first to turn on you. If something would happen, ( the person who helps is usually ) the person who never talks about how much he loves you, but who shows his love by doing something. They have confidence in you, are loyal to you, they are right there when you need them. There are some folk who have never told me that they love me,never. And yet, I know that if I needed them, they'd be right there through thick and thin. they'd be right there. I could call on them night or day.

I have owned Katherine's book for many years and it was not until recently that I read her radio sermons in the back of the book to learn that her greatest trouble came from Church ministry people / people who profess religion. I was comforted to learn this because this has been my own experience. I have never experienced the level of hatred and bitterness, the spiritual envy, the cruelty from the world I have experienced from church folks in ministry ( and those who profess religion ). It is just one of those things that I have endured for many years. After learning that Katherine had suffered this also I felt relieved to know I wasn't alone. I have very rarely attended organized church services for many years partly because of this. It is a very difficult thing to not be understood by the people who should be understanding you the most! I thank Jesus for the Holy Spirit because He is a great Comforter and I usually do not give it much thought anymore. Gods grace is sufficient.

Last edited:
The Official Website of The Kathryn Kuhlman Foundation, A Tribute to Memory of Kathryn Kuhlman

Consecration -

I made a consecration of my life that I had never made before, when I saw that it was absolutely possible for me to so yield my life, my body, as a living sacrifice - a sacrifice so consecrated to Him that the name of God
Almighty may be glorified through the life of a sinner saved by the grace of God.

It is through the Holy Spirit empowering Christ's body of believers, His Church, with power for service that the Father is glorified again and again.

The Heavenly Father does not ask for golden vessels. He does not ask for silver vessels. God asks for yielded vessels - those who will submit their will to the will of the Father. And the greatest human attainment in all the world is for a life to be so surrendered to Him that the name of God Almighty will be glorified through that life.

As you read these words, I pray that this shall be the desire of your heart; and I know that the Father will hear your cry, and honor your prayer...and take your life, using it for His glory through the power and the presence of the Holy Spirit. - Katherine Kuhlman

The Love of God -

Who can fathom the love of God? He loved us while we were yet sinners. You may be a sinner reading these words right now. You may have committed every sin in the book and broken every commandment of God. Yet, the Lord continues to love you. He has not cast you aside.

When Jesus hung on the cross, looking upon His enemies as He was being crucified, He said: "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." That is God's love, the love of heaven paying earth a little visit through the Person of Jesus. - Katherine Kuhlman

Last edited:
Quote from Katherine Kuhlman Biography by Roberst Liardon :

On the day of Pentecost they were all filled with the Holy Ghost. 9 Acts 2: 1-4 ( and again ) there will be times, even in moments such as this, when there will be such oneness in the Spirit, when the Holy Ghost has come upon those in an assembly - those who know absolutely nothing about the Holy Spirit - that waves of glory will come upon them and every person present will be filled with the Holy Spirit and receive that baptism of the Holy Spirit. I believe that!

I want to share something vitally important. I do not believe that God has given me something special.....God has not give to me one thing that He'll not give to anyone, if you'll pay the price. I'm not special to Him........He'll give to you absolutely everything that He has given to me.

I would like to tell you the price is cheap. Everybody's out for a bargain these days, but God has no bargains. Young people, I would lie to you if I were to tell you that it comes cheap. you see me walk out there on the stage, and all you see is the glamour of it. And it looks so glamorous. All you see is the glory of it. That's all you see.

A reporter said to me ther other day, What do you do to prepare for a service like this" and I said, "Sir, I stay prepared."

Everybody these days wants something for nothing. You don't get something for nothing. There's a price, and it depends on what you want the most. Just face facts. This generation doesn't want to face facts.....but when you're dealing with the spiritual, it's the most important thing in the world, and you've got to face the truth.

-Katherine Kuhlman

http://www.healingandrevival.com/BooksKKuhlman.htm

Last edited:
Only Christ can make a shoe fit the Christian's foot so he can easily walk a hard path, because he lines it with the peace of the Gospel. - William Gurnall

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Context

Put on the New Self
…14Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.…

Cross References

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Last edited:
Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Context

Stand Firm in the Lord
…6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Cross References

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.

Jeremiah 32:16
"After I had given the deed of purchase to Baruch son of Neriah, I prayed to the LORD:

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Last edited:
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Context

Peace I Leave with You
27"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. 28"You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.…

Cross References

John 14:1
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

John 20:19
On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"

Last edited:
Psalm 133:2 It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down on the collar of his robe.

Context

How Pleasant to Live in Unity!
1A Song of Ascents, of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brothers to dwell together in unity! 2It is like the precious oil upon the head, Coming down upon the beard, Even Aaron's beard, Coming down upon the edge of his robes. 3It is like the dew of Hermon Coming down upon the mountains of Zion; For there the LORD commanded the blessing-- life forever.

Cross References

Exodus 28:33
Make pomegranates of blue, purple and scarlet yarn around the hem of the robe, with gold bells between them.

Exodus 29:7
Take the anointing oil and anoint him by pouring it on his head.

Exodus 30:25
Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil.

Exodus 30:30
"Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them so they may serve me as priests.

Last edited:
Ephesians 4:3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.Context

Unity in the Body
…2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, 3being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;…

Cross References

Ephesians 4:13
until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Colossians 3:14
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Treasury of Scripture

Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

It is a blessed unity the brethren of Christ share in that we are in one accord in Jesus Christ and who He is. Who is Jesus Christ? He is God Almighty. Jesus Christ is God. That is quite a revelation and what a blessed gift it is to have received this most holy truth from His Word.

Every born again Believer knows that Jesus Christ is God - how could they know this if not that the Spirit of God revealed it to them? Flesh and blood certainly didn't reveal it to them. They know Jesus is God, they know Jesus is the creator of all that is created because they are born of the Spirit of God, they are born again and they have the revelation of who Christ is. The Holy Spirit has brought us this truth. That is a blessed revelation that is hidden from the world but God chose to reveal it us - little children. The wisdom of the world cannot compare with the Spirit of Wisdom - the Holy Spirit - He is truly a most wonderful teacher, counsellor, protector, uniting us as one with Christ. Even as a bride is united with her husband as one - so are we who have been born again - one with Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit. Jesus is God. That is the knowledge of the holy. Holy by His work, not our own. Redeemed by His blood, not our own, walking as He walked, by the power of His Holy Spirit, not our own.

Last edited:
John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.Context

The Holy Spirit Promised
…12"I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…

Cross References

Isaiah 11:2
The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD--

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

John 14:26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 16:12
"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.

1 Timothy 4:1
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Last edited:
Psalms 91. The Holy Bible: King James VersionThe Psalms 91Abiding in the Shadow of the Almighty1

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty

continued on link.........

A testimony for the Believers here:

As Believers dwelling in the secret place of the MOST high we shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. What a powerful promise God has given us of His provisions for us! It is amazing! A dear sister in Christ came to visit me today and was sharing with me her own revelation about the snares of Satan and the traps of the fowler. She said a snare is a trap and a fowler is a person who tries to cage a bird.

I found that interesting because it is very clear to me that birds are not meant to be held in cages. They are meant to be free! To ride upon the wind!

In this, she had shared a trial she had encountered in which she had a thought come to her and accepted it as true. She later learned she had believed something which was not true! The enemy had come to her and made her believe someone who was dear to her was doing something that was a betrayal and would eventually cause her harm! She began to think on this and believe it must have come from the Holy Spirit and so her mind began to dwell on what her response would be to the matter so that she could protect her relationship with that person!

She told me she had no peace about it! None!

Now thank God for the Holy Spirit because He revealed to her that the entire thing was a lie of Satan and that the person who was dear to her had not a single thought in their head such as she had come to believe! She immediately dismissed the matter after having seen for herself the person was innocent of any wrongdoing! It was a trap that had been set by Satan to divert her from an important matter in which the LORD was using her!

She told me she had learned this lesson. When you are in a storm and you have no peace? That storm was sent to you by Satan. Not God. When you are in a storm and the peace of God is there? That storm was sent by God to work something out in us for our greater good. I found this lesson to be a wonderful revelation and thought the body of Christ should know that in these days the enemy ( Satan ) is working overtime against us all because he knows his time is short. In Psalm 91 the Christian is safe from the onslaughts of Satan. We dwell with Christ and abide in Him and His Words abide in us. How blessed we are to know the LORD and be called His own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back