People taking back their country

Yes we are trying to take it back legally and in the confines of our laws. It is about time that the over-indulged and over compensated CEO's and multinational corporations stop running our country.
The ultra-rich and powerful need to be overthrown.
:clap2:
This country belongs to the workers.

Venezuela is imploding, then Cuba, Then America. What do ya think?

You forgot Kiev.
What's happening in Kiev is due to the fact that from cultural, ethnic, religious, political, and economic standpoints there is not one united Ukraine but rather two separate distinct geographical regions with those living in the west favoring closer ties with the EU and those in the east favoring traditional relations with Russia.

It's possible we are looking at the start of a New Cold War with the dividing line in Ukraine instead of Germany.

You forgot Kiev.
What's happening in Kiev is due to the fact that from cultural, ethnic, religious, political, and economic standpoints there is not one united Ukraine but rather two separate distinct geographical regions with those living in the west favoring closer ties with the EU and those in the east favoring traditional relations with Russia.

It's possible we are looking at the start of a New Cold War with the dividing line in Ukraine instead of Germany.

I believe this is correct. Too many on both sides preferred the clear "threat" of east vs west to the messiness of fighting terrorists and third world warlords and such.

You forgot Kiev.

Pretty much like N. and S. Korea or Vietnam. A clash of philosophy's.
I'd have to be on the side of the so called dissidents in Kiev.

The Ukrainian protests and present change of government has been in part fueled by ultra-nationalists who have no love for Russia or the EU. They want to create a country for Ukrainians without "foreigners" or foreign influence. So be very careful when you make the argument that this was a fight between those that want the EU versus those that prefer Russia's influence.

The Ukrainian protests and present change of government has been in part fueled by ultra-nationalists who have no love for Russia or the EU. They want to create a country for Ukrainians without "foreigners" or foreign influence. So be very careful when you make the argument that this was a fight between those that want the EU versus those that prefer Russia's influence.

good for them....not everybody thinks joining the EU would be a good thing...

but there are many goups with their hands in the pot....can we say George Soros....?

Last edited:
You forgot Kiev.

I believe this is correct. Too many on both sides preferred the clear "threat" of east vs west to the messiness of fighting terrorists and third world warlords and such.
The Washing Post has a pretty good primer on the subject here:

"What's happening in Ukraine is complicated and driven by many factors: the country's history as an unhappy component of the Soviet Union, its deep economic woes, a sense of cultural fondness for the West, wide discontent with government corruption, two decades of divided politics and a sense that Yanukovych caved to Putin.

"No single datapoint could capture or explain all of that. But the map below comes perhaps as close as anything could. It shows Ukraine, color-coded by the country's major ethnic and linguistic divisions.

"Below, I explain why this map is so important and why it helps to tell Ukraine's story.

"The short version: Ukraine's politics have long been divided into two major factions by the country's demographics.

"What's happening right now is in many ways a product of that division, which has never really been reconciled."

this-one-map-helps-explain-ukraines-protests

Last edited:

but there are many goups with their hands in the pot....can we say George Soros....?

Trading Russia for the EU is trading one body of foreign governance for another. George Soros has become something of a joke in Central Europe and I doubt he holds much sway these days.

I feel that this situation reflects what happens when a sizeable percentage of the population feels that its values are not reflected. Many Ukrainians were fed up with the corruption. You have to wonder if other parts of Europe will experience more of this in the future.

Last edited:
You really think cutting infrastructure, science and r@D = this? Don't make me laugh.

Can you name a first world doesn't invest in home land? You can't. These are centralized communist states that completely run their economy from the thugs office downwards.

Not a chance, tin foilers- though we have to get big money out of politics- ie crush the new bs GOP FOR QUITE A WHILE...

Trading Russia for the EU is trading one body of foreign governance for another. George Soros has become something of a joke in Central Europe and I doubt he holds much sway these days.

I feel that this situation reflects what happens when a sizeable percentage of the population feels that its values are not reflected. Many Ukrainians were fed up with the corruption. You have to wonder if other parts of Europe will experience more of this in the future.

yes i believe so....

you also have to wonder why the U.S. has recently invested 5 billion in the Ukraine and why U.S. top State Department official Nuland said 'fuck the EU' in a phone conversation with the U.S. Ambassador to the Ukraine...?

You forgot Kiev.

stop lying. There is one united Ukraine - NOW.

The people have won.

The rats fled to Russia.

Слава Героям Майдану!

you are really THAT ignorant?

nobody was trading anything. The EU agreement was just the last straw.

People were fighting and paid extremely high price for their own dignity and freedom. And they won.

But I have doubts that Putin worshipers are able to get that...

Forum List

Back