Photo of new House members - notice any differences between the two parties?

2473.jpg

Photo of new House members shows big gap in diversity between parties

Someone should tell the Republican Party that it is 2018 - not 1968.
Democrats are bean counting practicers of identity politics!
They appear to be electing a diverse array of people into office. Something the Republicans struggle to do. Identity politics? Or maybe it is the Republican message that fails.

It doesn't matter what it is. Republicans welcome anybody willing to join our party and movement regardless of gender or race.

Really?

Minnesota Republicans fight among themselves about Islam

Republicans mull resolutions that critics call anti-Muslim

Nice trick, sending me to sites that you have to subscribe to. It hasn't worked in the past and it won't work now.
I did not have to subscribe. Why would you? You need another excuse.

They appear to be electing a diverse array of people into office. Something the Republicans struggle to do. Identity politics? Or maybe it is the Republican message that fails.

It doesn't matter what it is. Republicans welcome anybody willing to join our party and movement regardless of gender or race.

Really?

Nice trick, sending me to sites that you have to subscribe to. It hasn't worked in the past and it won't work now.

It stops me as soon as I get to the link with a cover page telling me to sign in or subscribe.

Really?

It stops me as soon as I get to the link with a cover page telling me to sign in or subscribe.
Weird. I can read them both and am not a subscriber :dunno:

I could care less about diversity. I care about competency and honesty. Democrats seem to believe diversity in and of itself means better. It can be, but it also might not be depending on the people. For example Linda Sarsour, Maxine Waters, Kirsten Gillibrand, Keith Ellison and Adam Schiff is a pretty diverse group. Nuff said. :eek-52:

Really?

Weird. I can read them both and am not a subscriber :dunno:

Here's what I get:

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 8.37.42 PM.png

I notice one big difference right off the bat: The Republican members-elect believe in the Constitution and the rule of law, unlike their Democratic counterparts.

Coyote seems to be bragging about the fact that the parasite class is more "diverse" than the people who work and pay taxes.

Sounds like you are labeling anyone who isn’t a white male a parasite.
It sounds like you pulling the sleazy leftwing tactic of accusing anyone you disagree with of being a racist.
Where have I said anything about race or racism? A tad touchy are you?
You dared question them. That makes you scum in many of their eyes.

Coyote seems to be bragging about the fact that the parasite class is more "diverse" than the people who work and pay taxes.

It sounds like you pulling the sleazy leftwing tactic of accusing anyone you disagree with of being a racist.
You dared question them. That makes you scum in many of their eyes.
The fact that she automatically accuses people she disagrees with of racism is what makes you and her scum.

Oh, so you moved to another community close to where you work where you are a minority as a white? What community is this anyway?

Wasn't my point... but never mind. Point is, I lived with minorities, and they were really nice people, unlike white trash assholes, who I'd never want to live around.

Uhhhhh, because the insurance doesn't cover BC???? Just because you have health insurance doesn't mean it covers everything no more than your house insurance may not cover everything or your car insurance not cover everything. You only pay for the things you are covered for.

Uh, no. The law says what insurance can or can't cover. If it didn't, we'd have big insurance just taking people's money and not paying for any treatment.... which is why we passed ObamaCare to start with.

No they don't, but they do have the business of providing whatever coverage they can afford for their employees. At that point, you either take it or leave it. YOU are the one who has no business telling them what they have to offer. If you don't like what they offer, then find a job (or school in this case) that does have the coverage you offer.

Or we pass a law that CLEARLY DEFINES what they must offer.

And fuck their magic sky pixies.

"Sounds like you are labeling anyone who isn’t a white male a parasite."

You did it right there.

By the way, hearing a statement about parasites versus people who work and pay taxes, and automatically assuming that it means "non-white versus white" is also very racist of you. Bri never said or implied that non-white people don't work and pay taxes, but YOU did.

Glad I could help.

2473.jpg

Really?

Hmmmm. From your first link:

The response from a small but vocal group of party activists, candidates and elected officials: No thanks.

Parrish and Republican elected officials like state Reps. Cindy Pugh and Kathy Lohmer are speaking to the strongly held beliefs of a slice of the party.

“The Republican Party is an open, welcoming and inclusive party,” said state GOP Chairwoman Jennifer Carnahan, who was adopted by her parents from South Korea and has tried to emphasize an optimistic, forward-looking message. “We want to welcome new people who share our values and are energized to elect Republicans.”

Faisal Deri, a Muslim Republican who owns a risk management consulting firm and lives in Edina, said the entire discussion is a sideshow.
“Every party has some sort of fringe element that has certain views that do not work for all. This party is a big tent,” he said, nodding to a metaphor famously used by President Ronald Reagan. “Are the people in the tent going to agree on everything? That’s impossible.”

From your second link:

DFL Chair Ken Martin condemned Sina’s proposed resolution: “Posting such a bigoted comment on caucus day is clearly intended to send a signal as to who is, and is not, welcome in Minnesota’s Republican Party,” he said in a statement.

Jennifer Carnahan, chair of the Minnesota Republican Party, said anyone can offer up anything as a resolution at their precinct caucus, so she said did not want to prematurely judge the situation.
She added: “The Republican Party of Minnesota is open and welcoming to anyone and everyone who shares our values and wants to be involved, and we would never shut our doors to anyone who wants to be involved.”

Interesting how your own links keep telling you this is a small fringe group, and that the party leadership in the state condemns it, and that no official or majority support has been given to this, and yet you have decided that this is the voice of the Minnesota GOP.

2473.jpg

Really?

The response from a small but vocal group of party activists, candidates and elected officials: No thanks.

Parrish and Republican elected officials like state Reps. Cindy Pugh and Kathy Lohmer are speaking to the strongly held beliefs of a slice of the party.

“The Republican Party is an open, welcoming and inclusive party,” said state GOP Chairwoman Jennifer Carnahan, who was adopted by her parents from South Korea and has tried to emphasize an optimistic, forward-looking message. “We want to welcome new people who share our values and are energized to elect Republicans.”

Faisal Deri, a Muslim Republican who owns a risk management consulting firm and lives in Edina, said the entire discussion is a sideshow.
“Every party has some sort of fringe element that has certain views that do not work for all. This party is a big tent,” he said, nodding to a metaphor famously used by President Ronald Reagan. “Are the people in the tent going to agree on everything? That’s impossible.”

From your second link:

DFL Chair Ken Martin condemned Sina’s proposed resolution: “Posting such a bigoted comment on caucus day is clearly intended to send a signal as to who is, and is not, welcome in Minnesota’s Republican Party,” he said in a statement.

Jennifer Carnahan, chair of the Minnesota Republican Party, said anyone can offer up anything as a resolution at their precinct caucus, so she said did not want to prematurely judge the situation.
She added: “The Republican Party of Minnesota is open and welcoming to anyone and everyone who shares our values and wants to be involved, and we would never shut our doors to anyone who wants to be involved.”

Interesting how your own links keep telling you this is a small fringe group, and that the party leadership in the state condemns it, and that no official or majority support has been given to this, and yet you have decided that this is the voice of the Minnesota GOP.
How many muslims have Republicans elected?

Really?

From your second link:

Bean counting again!

"Sounds like you are labeling anyone who isn’t a white male a parasite."

You did it right there.

By the way, hearing a statement about parasites versus people who work and pay taxes, and automatically assuming that it means "non-white versus white" is also very racist of you. Bri never said or implied that non-white people don't work and pay taxes, but YOU did.

Glad I could help.
Wait...we are talking about diversity in the Dems, it's lack in the Pubs, a party known for being predomanently white and male ...and and Bri makes a comment about the parasite class in a diversity thread and it has nothing to do with race? :cuckoo: :lmao:

Keep on pretending.

Really?

From your second link:

Bean counting again!
Don't have a number for this party that "welcomes" all?

Colin Powell. Condoleeza Rice, Allen West, Mia Love, Ben Carson, Tim Scott. Any of these tokens ring a bell miss racist?

Colin Powell. Condoleeza Rice, Allen West, Mia Love, Ben Carson, Tim Scott. Any of these tokens ring a bell miss racist?
Had no idea they were Muslim...thanks for the enlightenment Miss Yelper.

To bad diversity in the Pubs is so minimal. Again...might be their message.

Oh! So to be diverse you must have a token Muslim miss racist? For real?

Diversity is diversity. Look up the definition of you are confused.

Diversity is diversity. Look up the definition of you are confused.
Dew ewe think we need a token Native American?

Forum List

Back