Please will someone who opposes the building of the "Wall" on the southern border explain why?

I was watching talking heads program and the token Democrat said "Democrats are against building the wall".
I shouted at the TV "Ask why are the Democrats against the wall"?
Go ahead and build the wall using donations from those who want the wall built. Set up a GoFundMe account. I'm sure it's popular enough to get what is needed, right?

C'mon now. Where's the fun in government if you aren't forcing other people to pay for shit they don't want. That's the whole point, right?

main-qimg-ad08b719a0bd035214dfeb6a27bb479e

It needed a lift kit to clear the hump

I was watching talking heads program and the token Democrat said "Democrats are against building the wall".

What are the reasons for Democrats opposing the building of the wall?
Americans Oppose Border Walls, Favor Dealing With DACA
GOP 73% favor expanding the wall while 87% of Democrats don't favor.
WHY are Democrats against improving the security of the country?

Now my opinion based on the previous history of National Voter Registration Act of 1993
National Voter Registration Act of 1993 - Wikipedia passed by the MAJORITY of the Democrat party which directly approved illegals secure driver's license to aid in voter registration.
This has been the major reason Democrats have favored "open borders'.. political benefits cloaked in pious supposedly humanitarian reasons.

The sad fact is that while yes I AGREE the vast MAJORITY of ILLEGAL immigrants are not criminals, are not
a threat to me, it is the few that ARE getting in that are smuggling not only drugs BUT these innocent immigrants who don't know better!
That is the fact that the DEMOCRATS are aiding and abetting, i.e. encouraging people to break the law their first steps into America!

How can people then be against building a physical barrier that will reduce the chances for people to break
the law in the first place?
Why are supposedly these "humanitarians" that feel so bad for these "illegals" that they have NO problem ENCOURAGING their breaking the law in the first place?

So you people that OPPOSE improving the security of America i.e. building the "wall" please explain why because it has been proven that the wall would effectively reduce the
... At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens....The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

$135 billion a year... versus a wall that will reduce dramatically drug/human trafficking as well as reducing the number of people requiring this federal/state/local costs.

View attachment 218407
Billions of dollars to build. Billions of dollars to maintain. A ladder beats it quite simply. The lions share of illegals come legaly and over stay Not a good way to spend the money. Oh ya there is also the thopusands of miles of coast line.

A ladder beats it quite simply.

A wall without observers could be defeated.
That's why we would also need cameras and towers with the wall.
Yep that camara is gunna stop me! 10$ and an oak log I can blow a whole in it the size a semi could get thru. I can go on and on. It's a waist of money. There is a reason no one builds these things any more. They are obsolete.

Yep that camara is gunna stop me!

No wall with no camera sure isn't stopping you today.

10$ and an oak log I can blow a whole in it the size a semi could get thru

Tell me more.

Those countries all have bigtime barriers at their borders and the moose limbs STILL got in, primarily because of the far leftist stooges running those nations allowed them in.....Lest we forget that scads of recreational drugs cross all those borders, and they don't have any choice in the matter.There are far better ways of dissuading looters, layabouts and violent criminals from entering 'Murica than a silly wall.
`
Such as? My point is, if the taxpayers from that area wish to build a wall, for whatever reason, let them. That's the hallmark of a democracy. I am against a federal entity forcing the issue.

Immigration is a federal issue. Read your Constitution.
Good point, state and local governments should stop cooperating/participating in enforcement.

Good point, state and local governments should stop interfering with enforcement.
We do not need a hundred billion dollar wall. You hit the head of the nail with this one. All we need to do is enforce the laws on the books. It is hard for government to work when laws not applied by all involved. No excuse for it. Follow the law or change it. We have obrders for a reason and they need protected Lets just find cost effective ways of doing it.

Two reasons;

That’s what Communist Russia did to keep in its people. They built walls. The connotations are extreme. And obvious.

Considering the geography it simply isn’t feasible. No matter how much it costs, It’s not possible.

Shocking are that these obvious reasons have to be explained. Who doesn’t get it?

Those countries all have bigtime barriers at their borders and the moose limbs STILL got in, primarily because of the far leftist stooges running those nations allowed them in.....Lest we forget that scads of recreational drugs cross all those borders, and they don't have any choice in the matter.There are far better ways of dissuading looters, layabouts and violent criminals from entering 'Murica than a silly wall.
`
Such as? My point is, if the taxpayers from that area wish to build a wall, for whatever reason, let them. That's the hallmark of a democracy. I am against a federal entity forcing the issue.

Good point, state and local governments should stop cooperating/participating in enforcement.

Good point, state and local governments should stop interfering with enforcement.
We do not need a hundred billion dollar wall. You hit the head of the nail with this one. All we need to do is enforce the laws on the books. It is hard for government to work when laws not applied by all involved. No excuse for it. Follow the law or change it. We have obrders for a reason and they need protected Lets just find cost effective ways of doing it.

We do not need a hundred billion dollar wall.

We need something. Maybe minefields?

It is hard for government to work when laws not applied by all involved.

I agree. Sanctuary state and sanctuary city politicians should be arrested.

Two reasons;

That’s what Communist Russia did to keep in its people. They built walls. The connotations are extreme. And obvious.

Considering the geography it simply isn’t feasible. No matter how much it costs, It’s not possible.

Shocking are that these obvious reasons have to be explained. Who doesn’t get it?

That’s what Communist Russia did to keep in its people. They built walls.

The walls we need are to keep illegal aliens out, not citizens in.
Any idiots who want to escape America should be encouraged.

Considering the geography it simply isn’t feasible.

Walls, or fences, aren't feasible anywhere along the border?

Now my opinion based on the previous history of National Voter Registration Act of 1993
National Voter Registration Act of 1993 - Wikipedia passed by the MAJORITY of the Democrat party which directly approved illegals secure driver's license to aid in voter registration.
This has been the major reason Democrats have favored "open borders'.. political benefits cloaked in pious supposedly humanitarian reasons.

The sad fact is that while yes I AGREE the vast MAJORITY of ILLEGAL immigrants are not criminals, are not
a threat to me, it is the few that ARE getting in that are smuggling not only drugs BUT these innocent immigrants who don't know better!
That is the fact that the DEMOCRATS are aiding and abetting, i.e. encouraging people to break the law their first steps into America!

How can people then be against building a physical barrier that will reduce the chances for people to break
Why are supposedly these "humanitarians" that feel so bad for these "illegals" that they have NO problem ENCOURAGING their breaking the law in the first place?

So you people that OPPOSE improving the security of America i.e. building the "wall" please explain why because it has been proven that the wall would effectively reduce the
... At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens....The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

$135 billion a year... versus a wall that will reduce dramatically drug/human trafficking as well as reducing the number of people requiring this federal/state/local costs.

View attachment 218407
Billions of dollars to build. Billions of dollars to maintain. A ladder beats it quite simply. The lions share of illegals come legaly and over stay Not a good way to spend the money. Oh ya there is also the thopusands of miles of coast line.

A ladder beats it quite simply.

A wall without observers could be defeated.
That's why we would also need cameras and towers with the wall.
Yep that camara is gunna stop me! 10$ and an oak log I can blow a whole in it the size a semi could get thru. I can go on and on. It's a waist of money. There is a reason no one builds these things any more. They are obsolete.

Yep that camara is gunna stop me!

No wall with no camera sure isn't stopping you today.

10$ and an oak log I can blow a whole in it the size a semi could get thru

Tell me more.
I am hesitant to give instructions. I do not think you would use them fucking around but I do not no who all is reading this. It could be some one like me. When I saw what you could do of course I had to do it myself. I was ten and liked things that go bang! If you have a minute to think about it I am sure you can figure it out!

View attachment 218407
So, not to confuse the issue more, which I suppose this does, but ....
WHY In a country as technologically advanced as ours that can eavesdrop on every phone conversation or email in the country, can't we figure out how to keep track of expired VISAS?
- Why aren't they renewed? Does it cost too much? Is it a convoluted process? Or are they afraid they'll get sent back home?
- Can't employers tell if a Visa is expired? How can we make that easily accessible info so that employers can tell them sorry.....get your Visa renewed.

Why is it so hard?

Two reasons;

Theyare feasible at normal border crossings where there are people to veiw and intervene as you have pointed out. This does not make sense in areas with no people.

`

Jail employers of illegals

Two reasons;

Theyare feasible at normal border crossings where there are people to veiw and intervene as you have pointed out. This does not make sense in areas with no people.

This does not make sense in areas with no people.

So all you need to do to sneak into the US is go to an area with no people?

Two reasons;

Works both ways.

Two reasons;

Works both ways.

You think a wall on the Mexican border would prevent an America citizen from traveling outside the US?
Like the Berlin Wall?

Two reasons;

This does not make sense in areas with no people.

So all you need to do to sneak into the US is go to an area with no people?
Ya it is a shit load easier than going where troops and cops are. OUr border with mexico is not exactly highly populated. What do you not undertand here? No one to watch means no one to intervene. What is your malfunction?

Two reasons;

Works both ways.

You think a wall on the Mexican border would prevent an America citizen from traveling outside the US?
Like the Berlin Wall?

In the foreseeable future, yes.

Forum List

Back