Plenty of jobs out there if you look

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
If You've Ever Heard People Say, 'There Are Plenty Of Jobs Out There...' Then Take A Look At This

jolts-2.png

One of the major frustrations that I have to deal with now that both of my college-graduated kids are unemployed is the concept that these kids are somehow ‘unwilling to work’. They have done everything to ask for work – including offering to work for free to show their worth. There are just no jobs available and something needs to change asap. The conversation about employment needs to change as well.

I recall my father losing his job and driving 7 hours a day for a job in order to honor his responsibility of feeding a family of 6.

Men like that have mostly all died off and the freeloaders have taken over..

One of the major frustrations that I have to deal with now that both of my college-graduated kids are unemployed is the concept that these kids are somehow ‘unwilling to work’. They have done everything to ask for work – including offering to work for free to show their worth. There are just no jobs available and something needs to change asap. The conversation about employment needs to change as well.

Same here - except there are plenty of jobs that I could do, and I have offered to come in early, without pay, so they could show me the ropes. They always refuse, saying they 'don't have time', but they are happy to hire a sixteen year old and show them.

I, like so many others, are refused jobs because the employer has to pay us more. Why hire a person with eight years customer service experience when you can hire an unqualified teenager and pay them $8 an hour?

A friend told me Legoland in Florida had 800 people show up at a job fair for about 80 seasonal jobs with zero benefits that pays at minimum wage.

The economy sucks. :(

A friend told me Legoland in Florida had 800 people show up at a job fair for about 80 seasonal jobs with zero benefits that pays at minimum wage.

That shows how desperate people are, and how willing they are to work. Yet Conservatives claim that young people just sit around and collect welfare?

That shows how desperate people are, and how willing they are to work. Yet Conservatives claim that young people just sit around and collect welfare?

Most people want to work. In the U.S. employment participation is the lowest its been since the 1970's. The true unemployment rate is around 14.4%. Terrible.

This is a systemic problem, no matter who is in the white house this is a world wide problem , thanks to all the presidents who supported NAFTA and the global economic meltdown. it would have been the same thing if the kolobian cracker who wears magical underwear was elected

Last edited:
Obama care didn't make things worse. That is being used as an excuse for these clowns to carry on as they did before.

I recall my father losing his job and driving 7 hours a day for a job in order to honor his responsibility of feeding a family of 6.

Men like that have mostly all died off and the freeloaders have taken over..

I doubt anyone who so needs work could afford to take a job where they'd have to drive 7 hours a day to get back and forth to work.

The cost of gas makes that nearly impossible for the average workers incomes today.

Both my parents usually worked one and a half jobs to support our small family.

Of course back in those days one could find a fair well paying decent job in a week or less.

Those days are done, sport

Only for the worker.

It couldn't be better for the "Job Creators".

Only for the worker.

It couldn't be better for the "Job Creators".

Yep....funny that "income inequality" is higher under Obama than any President in U.S. History.

There is an industrial laundry service here in town and they have had a 'help wanted' sign up for over 6 months.

There actually is plenty of WORK, but most people are not interested in working too hard.

Forum List

Back