Political Quiz

I haven't heard about professors teaching anti-black courses, but I have seen plenty anti-white courses being offered at colleges. So there is some persecution of whites going on.
What would you call not teaching the proper and/or full history of a people then?

I haven't heard about professors teaching anti-black courses, but I have seen plenty anti-white courses being offered at colleges. So there is some persecution of whites going on.
What would you call not teaching the proper and/or full history of a people then?
How can you teach the full history of a people if you don't know it and don't really have any way of knowing it? When even those people don't know their full/proper history?

There's nothing morally wrong with being racist anyway. The only time racism is a bad thing is if you are trying to lord over people of other races. Believing your people are the best and being skeptical of those not of your kind by itelf is natural and fine, I would even argue it is healthy.

If people just embraced the label instead of always cowering in fear of being labeled a racist...that tactic would lose it's power. I just say, yep I am racist. I prefer my racial group over the others, I love my people and I think the cultures we create are better than third world cultures.

At that point, there's really no reason to keep calling me a racist unless you want to look like a moron and keep doing it for no good reason. I am, so what? Let's discuss the topic...
Depends on what standard of morals you go by.

If it's the Bible, then yes, it is morally wrong to be racist.

How can you teach the full history of a people if you don't know it and don't really have any way of knowing it? When even those people don't know their full/proper history?
Are you suggesting that in 2018 mankind is not aware of pretty much the full history of all of earth's people/nations for the last 2000 years?

There's nothing morally wrong with being racist anyway. The only time racism is a bad thing is if you are trying to lord over people of other races. Believing your people are the best and being skeptical of those not of your kind by itelf is natural and fine, I would even argue it is healthy.

If people just embraced the label instead of always cowering in fear of being labeled a racist...that tactic would lose it's power. I just say, yep I am racist. I prefer my racial group over the others, I love my people and I think the cultures we create are better than third world cultures.

At that point, there's really no reason to keep calling me a racist unless you want to look like a moron and keep doing it for no good reason. I am, so what? Let's discuss the topic...
Depends on what standard of morals you go by.

If it's the Bible, then yes, it is morally wrong to be racist.
According to the bible, God created racism. Tower of Babel.

That's a twisting of Scripture, and I believe you know better. He arguably created, what we in America today call "race", and clearly created language. But not racism.

The Bible clearly speaks out against racism. See Colossians 3:11 and/or Galatians 3:28

There's other texts that speak on it, but these two are enough.

That's a twisting of Scripture, and I believe you know better. He arguably created, what we in America today call "race", and clearly created language. But not racism.

The Bible clearly speaks out against racism. See Colossians 3:11 and/or Galatians 3:28

There's other texts that speak on it, but these two are enough.
I'm not twisting scripture, you don't scatter people across the planet, confound their languages so that they have difficulty communicating and not expect tensions to arise when they winde up meeting again later on.

The bible speaks out against oppression, but racism is not synonymous with oppression. It is basically tribalism. The word "racism" didn't exist during biblical times because it was completely normal.

I'm not twisting scripture, you don't scatter people across the planet, confound their languages so that they have difficulty communicating and not expect tensions to arise when they winded up meeting again later on.
The theological implications of what you're suggesting is that because God created Lucifer, who in turn became Satan, God created sin, therefore He wanted us all to sin.

That's false.

The Babel situation is about much more than the surface-level, and false, interpretation that you're ascribing to.

Are you suggesting that in 2018 mankind is not aware of pretty much the full history of all of earth's people/nations for the last 2000 years?
Yes. I don't see how it being the current year makes any difference? There are some groups of people we weren't even aware existed until recently, for all we know....there's still more out there. There are parts of the world that still haven't been explored much.

I'm not twisting scripture, you don't scatter people across the planet, confound their languages so that they have difficulty communicating and not expect tensions to arise when they winded up meeting again later on.
The theological implications of what you're suggesting is that because God created Lucifer, who in turn became Satan, God created sin, therefore He wanted us all to sin.

That's false.

The Babel situation is about much more than the surface-level, and false, interpretation that you're ascribing to.

That's false.

God knew sin would enter the world before He made it, right?

Yes. I don't see how it being the current year makes any difference? There are some groups of people we weren't even aware existed until recently, for all we know....there's still more out there. There are parts of the world that still haven't been explored much.
Well, let's give you that, although, we both know you're wrong on that.

What about American history, and the peoples living here. Do we not know essentially, the full history of these people?

Well, let's give you that, although, we both know you're wrong on that.

What about American history, and the peoples living here. Do we not know essentially, the full history of these people?
That's not 2000 years worth of history though. It's much, much less. We know a lot about the Aztecs, for example... Because it wasn't really that long ago that we crossed paths and a lot of the information was right there to see.

If we are talking about blacks, their history in America is something we should have a good grasp on, but the fact that where they came from, they had no written language...and many could have not even been from where they were purchased by slaveholders originally..it is kind of hard to know the parts of their history prior to the slave trade..besides that they were purchased and brought here as slaves from somewhere in west Africa.

I have to head to bed, you have a good night and I enjoyed the discussion. Maybe we can pick it up again tommorow some time.

I came out more Libertarian-Right than in the far, far more in depth one one in my sig.

I agree wiht the others, some of these questions were much to... generic with their answers.

31x32.gif

n53.gif

c45.gif

I know that these have been posted before, but we do have some new members and people's views can change (rarely), so I wanted to post another political quiz for us to take. Please take it and post your results! Don't be shy! ;)

Political Spectrum Quiz - Your Political Label

My results . . . .

Your results for the Political Spectrum Quiz are displayed below. We also created some cool maps based off this quiz.

Compass:
You are a centrist moderate social libertarian.
Left: 0.76, Libertarian: 2.59

18x25.gif

Mine
33x30.gif

Compass:
You are a centrist social moderate.
Left: 0.47, Libertarian: 0.38

19x21.gif

Forum List

Back