POLL: Serious question for conservatives: Have you given up?

Is the ideological war over, or has it just begun?

• Total voters
I'm going to vote for Bernie. I've planned out my investment strategy to take into account the runaway inflation and interest rates. Then, I can retire early after his first term. But, if he wins a second term, I may just leech another four years, retire a bit later, but have more resources with which to play.

And, don't think corporate America hasn't thought the same thing.

Yup...I'm gonna be a Bernie groupie.
Bernie will tax net worth.

I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?

Not at all.. I see the pendulum swing back the other way. Yes, you'll always have your nutters that think everything is free, but most people are waking up. As for the GOP, they're a mess. And the Dem's are no better.. just look at who they are running.

I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?

when so-called conservatives are railing because they can't hang signs on their businesses saying "no blacks, no jews, no gays", in 2016, I don't think the party has anything it can do but run a salvage operation.

seriously, actual conservatives get left out in the cold with raving loons like that. better to let them go start their own party and re-build from there.
========

Republicans are like little 4 year old girls throwing a tantrum in the grocery store === laying on the floor === kicking their heels and screaming at the top of their voice === because Mommy won't buy them candy, because they can't make sure the Supreme Court stays packed in their favor.
Really?
I don't notice a single REP doing anything but wearing an ear-to-ear grin.
They all know they have the fucking DEMs by the short-hairs Constitutionally.
No REP Senator is about to commit political suicide by going against the REP Senate leadership.
They are a couple of 'shaky' REP Senators but they've always been that way. They have already been told enough if they lose their Senate seat the REP party will always have a financial cosy position for them. Not only that but these Senators will go down in the history of the REP party as those who were willing to fall on their swords for the party.
Anyway.
Debbie and the DNC have thrown the 2016 election in file 13 already.
They all know Hillary is going to quit for 'health reasons' two weeks before the FBI 'perp-walks' her out of her mansion.
Leaving Bernie to convince the majority of American's that there really is such a thing as "everyone gets free shit if I'm elected".
=====

Americans are SICK AND TIRED of Republican OBSTRUCTIONISM over the last 7 years and will not tolerate it anymore.

Any Congressman who is up for re-election who participates in another BLOCKING of the Constitution and who refuses to do his duty as a Congressman will find himself VOTED OUT OF OFFICE and they KNOW that.

Obama has a two foot dildo poised at their asshole and ready to shove it as hard as he can.

He should nominate an ultra-liberal just like the Republicans would nominate an ultra-conservative if they could and force the issue before the American people with a weekly press conference highlighting how the Republicans are REFUSING TO DO THEIR JOB.

Am I right or wrong?

Not at all.. I see the pendulum swing back the other way. Yes, you'll always have your nutters that think everything is free, but most people are waking up. As for the GOP, they're a mess. And the Dem's are no better.. just look at who they are running.

At least the Republicans are trying to go younger, The Dems are running slates that would have been awesome, in 2000.

Am I right or wrong?

when so-called conservatives are railing because they can't hang signs on their businesses saying "no blacks, no jews, no gays", in 2016, I don't think the party has anything it can do but run a salvage operation.

seriously, actual conservatives get left out in the cold with raving loons like that. better to let them go start their own party and re-build from there.
========

Republicans are like little 4 year old girls throwing a tantrum in the grocery store === laying on the floor === kicking their heels and screaming at the top of their voice === because Mommy won't buy them candy, because they can't make sure the Supreme Court stays packed in their favor.
Really?
No REP Senator is about to commit political suicide by going against the REP Senate leadership.
They are a couple of 'shaky' REP Senators but they've always been that way. They have already been told enough if they lose their Senate seat the REP party will always have a financial cosy position for them. Not only that but these Senators will go down in the history of the REP party as those who were willing to fall on their swords for the party.
Anyway.
They all know Hillary is going to quit for 'health reasons' two weeks before the FBI 'perp-walks' her out of her mansion.
Leaving Bernie to convince the majority of American's that there really is such a thing as "everyone gets free shit if I'm elected".
=====

Americans are SICK AND TIRED of Republican OBSTRUCTIONISM over the last 7 years and will not tolerate it anymore.

Any Congressman who is up for re-election who participates in another BLOCKING of the Constitution and who refuses to do his duty as a Congressman will find himself VOTED OUT OF OFFICE and they KNOW that.

Obama has a two foot dildo poised at their asshole and ready to shove it as hard as he can.

He should nominate an ultra-liberal just like the Republicans would nominate an ultra-conservative if they could and force the issue before the American people with a weekly press conference highlighting how the Republicans are REFUSING TO DO THEIR JOB.

You do realize Senators take part in the nomination process, and are not normally referred to as congressmen, who are all up for re-election this year.

Try to be right on the basic facts before you rant about things you don't understand.

Republicans through gerrymandering completely own a lot of state houses and it's projected it will take years for the Democrats to possibly win back the Federal House.

The top item on that list was to end partisan gerrymandering: "we have to end the practice of drawing our congressional districts so that politicians can pick their voters, and not the other way around," Obama said.
In most states, state legislatures draw the district boundaries that determine how many delegates the state sends to the U.S. Congress, as well as the general partisan make-up of that delegation. State legislatures are partisan beasts, and if one party is in control of the process they can draw boundaries to give themselves a numeric advantage over their opponents in Congress.This process is called gerrymandering.

And is, of course, only bad when THOSE GUYS do it.

And the 31-18-1 advantage Republicans have with Governors is due to gerrymandering as well, right?
I don't get it. Michigan's 2 Senate seats are always Democratic, we always vote Blue for President, and yet sometimes a Republican will win the Governors house. Baffling. Especially in a union state. But the unions fucked themselves 6 years ago when they voted in Snyder. They didn't think he'd do it but he made Michigan a right to work state. The unions deserve what's coming to them.

And Republicans completely own both state houses in Michigan.

Republicans realized a long time ago it was more important to control the state government than it is the federal government. You can get more done on a state level.

The Republicans in Michigan love the pork our Democratic senators bring home for them.

And Progressives realized long ago if you can get the Supreme Court to make crap up, you can ignore winning anything at the State level.
I think it was the GOP that realized 2 justices were going to be retiring so that is why they had to STEAL the 2000 election. They had to get Alito and Roberts on the court. Well this is karma for ya. The most right winger of your Justices just croaked and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. Even if Trump wins and he appoints a conservative, no way the guy will be as conservative as Scalia was.
I doubt anyone in the DNC or the White house is thinking the "timing couldn't have been more perfect".
The chances of Sanders becoming President are zero. Even he knows that.
Every day the 'Barking Mad' soon to be charged Hillary is in the race her chances are fading. Now the DEMS are worried about her winning Nevada for Christ sake!
The Senate has drawn a red line in the sand and unlike the "Golfer-In-Chief' no nomination is going to cross it.
Leaving President Trump and his majority in both Houses.
Result: In eight years of a Trump Presidency he could put 5-6 SCJs on the bench. This will fundamentally return America to Americans with moral values.
Pity the LIBs won't get any say for decades......if ever again.

Am I right or wrong?

========

So you want us to sit back and let Barry appoint a flaming liberal?:lol:

What are you? New?
=====

Republicans have had a Supreme Court Majority for most of 30 years.

Why shouldn't Democrats have a turn too?

Do you REALLY think Democrats / Obama should nominate a knuckle dragging conservative like Limballs?

Would a Republican ever nominate a screaming liberal like me?

GFY
What are you like 8 years old? "Now it's my turn mommy".
Your team won the last time it's our team's turn to win".
Dear GOD help us!
There are actually people as stupid as you allowed to roam free.
You need to be in a fucking 'sun-room'.

Am I right or wrong?

========

So you want us to sit back and let Barry appoint a flaming liberal?:lol:

What are you? New?
=====

Republicans have had a Supreme Court Majority for most of 30 years.

Why shouldn't Democrats have a turn too?

Do you REALLY think Democrats / Obama should nominate a knuckle dragging conservative like Limballs?

Would a Republican ever nominate a screaming liberal like me?

GFY
What are you like 8 years old? "Now it's my turn mommy".
Your team won the last time it's our team's turn to win".
Dear GOD help us!
There are actually people as stupid as you allowed to roam free.
You need to be in a fucking 'sun-room'.

Just give him his participation trophy and he'll be alright....

BUT we can turn the country around. Elect bern, his ideas are so awful, so unamerican, so expensive and will require large power grabs, that actual Americans will finally have had enough and fill the streets of DC with blood
I'd be careful with that strategy.

I remember hearing the same thing when McCain & Romney were running against Obama. "Hell with it, let Obama win, he'll cause so much damage that people will be BEGGING for a Republican." Well, then he set about being fairly successful at "fundamentally transforming" the country to a point where turning the ship around won't be easy for the GOP.

Just sayin'.
You're joking right?
The DSNC has told Obama to fucking stay as far away as possible from getting his fucking nose involved with the election.
If he were so fucking great the DNC would be dragging his fag ass all over the country stumping for Hillary.
There is an obvious reason this isn't happening. Most of the DEM voters are embarrassed they voted for him. 100% of REP voters can't wait to watch him move above Boystown.

BUT we can turn the country around. Elect bern, his ideas are so awful, so unamerican, so expensive and will require large power grabs, that actual Americans will finally have had enough and fill the streets of DC with blood

I remember hearing the same thing when McCain & Romney were running against Obama. "Hell with it, let Obama win, he'll cause so much damage that people will be BEGGING for a Republican." Well, then he set about being fairly successful at "fundamentally transforming" the country to a point where turning the ship around won't be easy for the GOP.

Just sayin'.
You're joking right?
The DSNC has told Obama to fucking stay as far away as possible from getting his fucking nose involved with the election.
If he were so fucking great the DNC would be dragging his fag ass all over the country stumping for Hillary.
There is an obvious reason this isn't happening. Most of the DEM voters are embarrassed they voted for him. 100% of REP voters can't wait to watch him move above Boystown.
Okie dokie!

Just sayin'.
You're joking right?

you're insane. "fag"?

no one is embarrassed they voted for him, loon. you're just an Obama deranged loser. but we knew that from your posts.

you understand most of us don't think he was great, but sure aren't offended by him.

and no matter what, he was better than the wingnuts you put up for the job.

now shut up and sit down, nutter.

Just sayin'.
You're joking right?
Okie dokie!
I'm glad you're intelligent enough to agree with me. "Okie dokie" back at you pal.
In a couple of years they be no one in the country who will ever admit to having voted for Obama.

Just sayin'.
You're joking right?
Okie dokie!
I'm glad you're intelligent enough to agree with me. "Okie dokie" back at you pal.
In a couple of years they be no one in the country who will ever admit to having voted for Obama.
Hey, there are people who will admit to voting for Bush!
:laugh:

upload_2016-2-17_10-52-40.png

And by the way, I think that most Democrats are happy, not overjoyed, but happy with his administration. They've attained some clear victories, the Republicans have attained little if anything, and the election is a tossup after 8 years of a Democrat in the White House.

Am I right or wrong?

========

Really?
Anyway.
=====

You do realize Senators take part in the nomination process, and are not normally referred to as congressmen, who are all up for re-election this year.

Try to be right on the basic facts before you rant about things you don't understand.
=====
It's shame you are so dim you don't recognize the fact that many people use the term " Congressmen " generically.

But then you ARE a right weiner.

The GOP is like Bonnie Tyler. Looking for a Hero. They'll accept even someone like Trump as long as Trump tells them what they want to hear.

Trump supported Liberals? Thats ok because he SAID he wont do that no more
Trump supported taking a woman home for a limo park? Thats ok because he's reassured us that was a mistake

They are like wifes who have been cheated on so many times they stopped looking for their dream boat and accepts Cletus from the bar. At least he has all his teeth :dunno: So that's something :dunno:

Problem is Trump isn't saying what we want to hear. They just don't care anymore

I don't see how following the constitution is extreme, crazy, or something we abandon.

If Obama puts another Kagan type on the court, the Constitution will be ruled unconstitutional and thrown out.

We DID abandon the Constitution when we put Obama in power.

And yet despite the chance we have to elect a constitutionalist, we are opting for Trump. Does that make any sense?

Forum List

Back