POLL: Should American Taxpayers Be Forced To Fund The UN?

Do You Support Forcing American Taxpayers To Fund The UN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The U.S. funds about a fifth of the U.N. budget and about 75% of the NATO budget. Tell me again what a good deal we are getting for our money.

Apart from being the world's superpower and controlling other countries into doing what the US wants...? Er...?

I believe the UN has too much influence over us. It's been undermining American Citizen best interests for many years. And that's because it's a foreign institution. It isn't set up to solely advance American Citizen interests.

Foreigners naturally have their own best interests in mind. And i don't blame for that. It's to be expected. But i don't see why i should be forced to fund foreigner interests. At the very least, our Government should scale back our involvement and funding.

You believe?

Believing is all very well and good, the question is (this is after all a political forum) can you SHOW that this is the case?

Well, you're a Globalist, i'm a Nationalist. So we're just not gonna see eye to eye on this issue. That's just the reality. So you keep on fighting for your Globalist agenda, and i'll keep on fighting for my Nationalist agenda. No hard feelings.

No, I'm not a globalist. I'm not an -ist at all. I don't go with a theory and then stick to it like ice cream to a kid's face. I look at the merits of things, the arguments and I make my own views.

I'm not asking you to be an -ist here. I'm not asking you to stick to your guns. I'm asking you to debate me on this. To open your eyes, to make your case but make it with facts, sources and the like. You might find that actually some of the things you believe just aren't true, you might start seeing things a little more differently and change your stance. You might not come out the same as I am, but you're putting yourself through that process of moving away from blindness and going to seeing.

But you can choose to remain what you want to be, you can choose ignorance is bliss above reality.

Too big a divide to bridge. We can't see eye to eye on this. I've had enough of the Globalist agenda, I'm ready for a return to Nationalism.

Again, I said you should look at evidence, look for the truth, and your response is "I'm a Nationalist". So, you freely admit that Nationalism is emotion and you couldn't give a damn about reality? Just your own agenda?

Nationalism is reality. Look at the election.

I'm not a Globalist. I'm a Nationalist. So i'll say up front that i don't support forcing American Taxpayers to fund a foreign Globalist institution that doesn't always have American Citizen best interests in mind. But what do you think?
Dumb fuck Republicans are so stupid they don't understand that in a world of danger, promoting American ideals of freedom and peace only makes the country safer.

Only the dumbass fucks have made America dangerous by electing an ignorant racist.

You believe?

Believing is all very well and good, the question is (this is after all a political forum) can you SHOW that this is the case?

Well, you're a Globalist, i'm a Nationalist. So we're just not gonna see eye to eye on this issue. That's just the reality. So you keep on fighting for your Globalist agenda, and i'll keep on fighting for my Nationalist agenda. No hard feelings.

No, I'm not a globalist. I'm not an -ist at all. I don't go with a theory and then stick to it like ice cream to a kid's face. I look at the merits of things, the arguments and I make my own views.

I'm not asking you to be an -ist here. I'm not asking you to stick to your guns. I'm asking you to debate me on this. To open your eyes, to make your case but make it with facts, sources and the like. You might find that actually some of the things you believe just aren't true, you might start seeing things a little more differently and change your stance. You might not come out the same as I am, but you're putting yourself through that process of moving away from blindness and going to seeing.

But you can choose to remain what you want to be, you can choose ignorance is bliss above reality.

Too big a divide to bridge. We can't see eye to eye on this. I've had enough of the Globalist agenda, I'm ready for a return to Nationalism.

Again, I said you should look at evidence, look for the truth, and your response is "I'm a Nationalist". So, you freely admit that Nationalism is emotion and you couldn't give a damn about reality? Just your own agenda?

Nationalism is emotion, and doesn't take into account reality. Don't give me that nonsense.

What the fuck does that even mean? Do you not believe that there are non-Americans in this world and we need to a way to deal with them?

We contribute about 8 billion dollars a year to UN or 0.25% of our Federal budget. You really don't think the influence it buys us around the world is worth it?
What influence does it buy us? The U.N. continually pokes the U.S. in the eye. It's only functions seems to be to lend legitimacy to dictators.

Legitimacy is not gained by running around the world making unilateral demands.

UN is our vessel of legitimacy and much like in our democracy, while being king is easy, getting things done through consensus is the proper foundation.

The theory that the U.S. needs "legitimacy" doesn't pass the laugh test. As I already explained to you: the U.N. doesn't give us legitimacy. It gives legitimacy to thugs like Castro, Putin, Kim Jung Un and a hundred other dictators.

The theory that everybody in the world will just do whatever we want and is in OUR interest at a drop of a hat is straight insane.

This ridiculous view that what America does or wants should be de-facto recognized as legitimate from perspective of everyone else in the world is a view from a narrow little bubble. Americans comprise only about 5% of world's population and while we have big influence were not usually spreading it at the barrel of a gun, which is why need UN and work at building consensus around our values.

You say UN legitimizes Putin and nothing but undermine our interests?

UN committee passes resolution on Crimea, condemning Russian occupation | Toronto Star
Since no one holds that view, you wasted your time knocking it down. The stuff we do is "legitimate" when it is in fact legitimate, not when some international gang of thugs says so.

You are so naive and narrow minded it's tough to take you seriously. But you are serious and such thoughtlessness is common, which is the sad part.

Nope, any world body that sticks countries like Iran and such on human rights councils is total bullshit. Fuck them.

The UN is useless and always has been. They draft resolutions and then do nothing to enforce them.

The building the UN is located in is prime real estate. Kick the UN out and turn the buildings into apartments. Make some money for NYC.

Oh and who the hell cares where the UN goes? I sure don't. What a useless organizaton.

What influence does it buy us? The U.N. continually pokes the U.S. in the eye. It's only functions seems to be to lend legitimacy to dictators.

Legitimacy is not gained by running around the world making unilateral demands.

UN is our vessel of legitimacy and much like in our democracy, while being king is easy, getting things done through consensus is the proper foundation.

The theory that the U.S. needs "legitimacy" doesn't pass the laugh test. As I already explained to you: the U.N. doesn't give us legitimacy. It gives legitimacy to thugs like Castro, Putin, Kim Jung Un and a hundred other dictators.

The theory that everybody in the world will just do whatever we want and is in OUR interest at a drop of a hat is straight insane.

This ridiculous view that what America does or wants should be de-facto recognized as legitimate from perspective of everyone else in the world is a view from a narrow little bubble. Americans comprise only about 5% of world's population and while we have big influence were not usually spreading it at the barrel of a gun, which is why need UN and work at building consensus around our values.

You say UN legitimizes Putin and nothing but undermine our interests?

UN committee passes resolution on Crimea, condemning Russian occupation | Toronto Star
Since no one holds that view, you wasted your time knocking it down. The stuff we do is "legitimate" when it is in fact legitimate, not when some international gang of thugs says so.

You are so naive and narrow minded it's tough to take you seriously. But you are serious and such thoughtlessness is common, which is the sad part.

Liberal Dictionary:
================================================
Naive - Not a sucker who swallows leftwing claims without thinking
Narrow minded - not leftwing
Thoughtless - considered leftwing thought and rejected it.

Nationalism is emotion, and doesn't take into account reality. Don't give me that nonsense.

Anti-nationalism (which is just anti-patriotic) is emotion. There's nothing to support it aside from the communist manifesto.

I believe the UN has too much influence over us. It's been undermining American Citizen best interests for many years. And that's because it's a foreign institution. It isn't set up to solely advance American Citizen interests.

Foreigners naturally have their own best interests in mind. And i don't blame for that. It's to be expected. But i don't see why i should be forced to fund foreigner interests. At the very least, our Government should scale back our involvement and funding.

You believe?

Again, you're a Globalist and i'm a Nationalist. We're not gonna see eye to eye on much. I could live without being forced to fund foreign institutions that don't solely have American Citizens' best interests in mind. But obviously you feel different. And that's fine. No hard feelings.

You believe?

We're gaining on the Globalists. But there's a long long way to go. They still control the mechanisms for decision-making. They are in complete control. It's gonna be a long battle.

I'm not a Globalist. I'm a Nationalist. So i'll say up front that i don't support forcing American Taxpayers to fund a foreign Globalist institution that doesn't always have American Citizen best interests in mind. But what do you think?
Dumb fuck Republicans are so stupid they don't understand that in a world of danger, promoting American ideals of freedom and peace only makes the country safer.

Only the dumbass fucks have made America dangerous by electing an ignorant racist.

Nationalists fully support promoting American ideals of freedom and peace. But what's that got to do with forcing Taxpayers to fund foreign institutions that don't always have American Citizens' best interests in mind?

I'm an American, my focus is on advancing American Citizen interests. If an institution isn't doing that, i shouldn't be forced to fund it. I know that sounds 'selfish' to you Globalists, but that's how i feel. Like i said, i'm not a Globalist, i'm a Nationalist.

You don't feel any emotion in pushing your Globalism? Really? Because you've sounded pretty emotional on this thread.

Anti-nationalism (which is just anti-patriotic) is emotion. There's nothing to support it aside from the communist manifesto.

Yeah most Globalists i run into, lash out very angrily at anyone refusing to toe the Globalist line. They're extremely emotional. I actually don't think i'm very emotional. I'm pretty straight forward cut & dry. I don't support the Globalist agenda. I'm a Nationalist. That's it.

Yeah most Globalists i run into, lash out very angrily at anyone refusing to toe the Globalist line. They're extremely emotional. I actually don't think i'm very emotional. I'm pretty straight forward cut & dry. I don't support the Globalist agenda. I'm a Nationalist. That's it.

That's sort of like the leftwing forum member who said I don't have any friends because I told him I don't like leftwing douche bags.

That's sort of like the leftwing forum member who said I don't have any friends because I told him I don't like leftwing douche bags.

Oh yeah. Globalists are extremely emotional. They can't fathom how anyone could oppose the Globalist agenda. They become very emotional and irrational at the thought. They've viciously personally attacked me on many occasions.

I shouldn't have had to pay for Bush's war. But .... fairness doesn't count in taxes.

I shouldn't have had to pay for Bush's war. But .... fairness doesn't count in taxes.

Apples & Oranges. The UN is a foreign entity. I shouldn't be forced to fund it.

Grow up. Our tax money goes to buying arms for foreign countries.

I realize you have a bitch about the UN, but do it honestly and don't hide behind sophomoric bs-disingenuous intellectual masturbation about taxes.

Grow up. Our tax money goes to buying arms for foreign countries.

I realize you have a bitch about the UN, but do it honestly and don't hide behind sophomoric bs-disingenuous intellectual masturbation about taxes.

Again, Apples & Oranges. The UN is a foreign institution that doesn't always have American Citizens' best interests in mind. Therefore, i don't believe American Taxpayers should be forced to fund it. I'm not a Globalist, i'm a Nationalist. See, i can present my position without resorting to petty insults. Why don't you try it?

Forum List

Back