POLL: Should We Halt Immigration From Some Muslim Nations?...

Would You support Halting Immigration From Some Muslim Nations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would support a ban on anyone from any country that is at odds with the United States.
Also the immigrants would be asked if they support sharia law or would they assimilate into our culture.

'Yes' is the only right answer. It's a violent political cult; forget the faux 'religious' trappings.

Religion and Ethics

Every society has a right to fix the fundamental principles of its association, and to say to all individuals, that if they contemplate pursuits beyond the limits of these principles and involving dangers which the society chooses to avoid, they must go somewhere else for their exercise; that we want no citizens, and still less ephemeral and pseudo-citizens, on such terms. We may exclude them from our territory, as we do persons infected with disease.-Thomas Jefferson to William H. Crawford, 1816

Note that he, nor any other Founder, makes a distinction between those 'born here' and those who weren't in his opinion.

I voted no. Exclusion based on religion is absolutely un-American. Many of the original settlers, including my ancestors, came here to escape religious persecution.

This nation was founded by those fleeing religious persecution. Millions more followed for the better life this country had to offer.

ALL OF THEM ASSIMILATED INTO AMERICAN CULTURE.

That is the difference between them and Muslims who bring their failed and flawed culture with them and expect US to conform to THEIR ways.

Anyone who accepts the oath to support and defend the US constitution and then professed Sharia as the proper law should be immediately exported to their country of origin. If born here in the USA, they should be exported to their parents' nation.

I know Muslims that have assimilated into American culture quite well recently. For example, I know a hard working kid from Libya that is chill as fuck and detests ISIS. He also loves America.

We don't need good law abiding American Muslims living in more fear of the US Government than ISIS.

Last edited:
I know Muslims that have assimilated into American culture quit well recently. For example, I know a hard working kid from Libyia that is chill as fuck and detests ISIS. He also loves America.

We don't need good law abiding American Muslims living in more fear of the US Government than ISIS.

I agree. What is your friend's position on Sharia?

"Should We Halt Immigration From Some Muslim Nations?"

Setting aside for the moment this is ridiculous, bigoted idiocy, in no way consistent with American values and who we are as a people, and that the notion fails as a hasty generalization fallacy, how exactly will this ‘policy’ be implemented – what ‘criteria’ would be used to determine a ‘Muslim country’ subject to such a ‘ban,’ will non-Muslims living a ‘banned’ country be prohibited from entering the country as well, and just because one ‘Muslim country’ is subject to a ‘ban’ in no way ensures that a terrorist from a ‘non-banned’ country might enter the United States.

And this moronic proposal is even more idiotic given the fact the Orlando murderer was a US citizen, where such an idiotic policy wouldn’t have stopped the crime from taking place.

The threat isn’t ‘terrorists’ coming from ‘some Muslim countries,’ the threat is how far too many on the right are overcome by fear, bigotry, and hate and come up with ridiculous, inane, and un-American ‘proposals’ such as ‘banning’ citizens from ‘some Muslim countries.’
_________

Hey Fallacy Dude:

You are off to Ignore for me.

Before I let you go, I want you to know that you can take you Hasty Generalization Fallacy, and all of your bogus Fallacies, and stick them up your haughty dumb-ass. Fuck all your damn Fallacies, everyone is sick to death of them.

These epitaphs and remonstrances are submitted with great contempt....but if you pay attention... they could help you out because right now, you are the most particular fool on this board. Goodbye.

Ya know the Orlando shooter was born here right?

And that just makes it worse. If the FBI cant vet someone born here who was reported to the FBI by co-workers and investigated twice, how in the hell can they vet a bunch of young males from syria?

Donald Trump is currently being savaged by the Democrats and Communist/Progressive MSM, for suggesting halting all immigration from Muslim Nations. But what about halting immigration from some Muslim Nations?

Our Government is currently accepting thousands of Immigrants from known Terrorist-havens like Syria, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq. How do you feel about it? Thanks.

Just for the record. I voted no to a HALT because a HALT is an admission that government cannot do it's Constitutional duties and PROPERLY vet these people. FIX THAT. Even Trump conditioned a halt to "figuring out what is going on".

However -- i don't want monstrous immigration from these countries under current conditions.

A HALT would make it impossible to rescue "American sympathizers" from the messes we created in Iraq, Afghan, Somalia and other badly handled interventions. People who ASSISTED us while we WERE there are now valid humanitarian refugees. We owe those people.. And turning our backs on them would be a mistake.

Where does the Constitution require us to admit any of them? What do we have to gain?

What we have to gain is showing the Iraqis and Afghans and now some Syrians -- that if you stuck your necks out to help us when we were fighting or occupying your country, that we won't abandon you now that you are hunted and abused.

Constitution calls for establishing normal immigration and naturalization. Under the circumstances --- if you cannot screen by NORMAL methods because their host country and their records are gone --- you should NOT be accepting waves of immigrants from a terrorist infested state..

But like I said -- A HALT -- is going too far and would be abused. And THAT is most likely UNConstitutional to make RELIGION any part of that criteria. If you go by countries --- Saudi would have to be on that list. You do that and our asses better not show in the Mid East for a couple centuries..

The Constitution does not compel Congress to allow anyone to immigrate here, and how is preventing them from "abandoning" them? If they have to live in the shit holes they created, perhaps they'll do something to clean them up.

Ya know the Orlando shooter was born here right?
What about his parents? If they had not been allowed here, this would not have happened.

Have his parents been part of a Terror attack ? They are from afghan right? Remind me how we got tied up with that place ??

Osama bin Laden lived in Afghanistan when he planned and executed the hijacking of US Jetliners to kill about 3000 people in the US. Most people can remember that.

I know Muslims that have assimilated into American culture quite well recently. For example, I know a hard working kid from Libya that is chill as fuck and detests ISIS. He also loves America.

I have a distant relative who's a Muslim. He married my ex wife's sister in law. Great guy wouldn't hurt a fly. Still, national security should come first, and Muslims tend to be trouble wherever they emigrate to, including here. As far as them living in fear of US government more then ISIS? A little exaggeration there. And, it's because of Muslims coming to this country and blowing up skyscrapers and airplanes and now nightclubs, that we Americans are now treated with suspicion leaving or coming into the country. Much more so than Obama's muslim refugees coming here without any passports or documents.

Donald Trump is currently being savaged by the Democrats and Communist/Progressive MSM, for suggesting halting all immigration from Muslim Nations. But what about halting immigration from some Muslim Nations?

Our Government is currently accepting thousands of Immigrants from known Terrorist-havens like Syria, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq. How do you feel about it? Thanks.

Just for the record. I voted no to a HALT because a HALT is an admission that government cannot do it's Constitutional duties and PROPERLY vet these people. FIX THAT. Even Trump conditioned a halt to "figuring out what is going on".

However -- i don't want monstrous immigration from these countries under current conditions.

A HALT would make it impossible to rescue "American sympathizers" from the messes we created in Iraq, Afghan, Somalia and other badly handled interventions. People who ASSISTED us while we WERE there are now valid humanitarian refugees. We owe those people.. And turning our backs on them would be a mistake.

Where does the Constitution require us to admit any of them? What do we have to gain?

What we have to gain is showing the Iraqis and Afghans and now some Syrians -- that if you stuck your necks out to help us when we were fighting or occupying your country, that we won't abandon you now that you are hunted and abused.

Constitution calls for establishing normal immigration and naturalization. Under the circumstances --- if you cannot screen by NORMAL methods because their host country and their records are gone --- you should NOT be accepting waves of immigrants from a terrorist infested state..

But like I said -- A HALT -- is going too far and would be abused. And THAT is most likely UNConstitutional to make RELIGION any part of that criteria. If you go by countries --- Saudi would have to be on that list. You do that and our asses better not show in the Mid East for a couple centuries..

The Constitution does not compel Congress to allow anyone to immigrate here, and how is preventing them from "abandoning" them? If they have to live in the shit holes they created, perhaps they'll do something to clean them up.

Don't think you understand the commitment some of these folks made to help US when we were in their country. Many are the security, translators, local politicians, and informants that helped our military operations there. And now they are hunted and their families are threatened. Abandoning them would send a message that if you ASSIST the US in any of our overseas operations -- that you will be left on your own when we leave.

If you want to make our sucky foreign policy WORSE and get LESS cooperation from the more moderate and western leaning in the region --- leaving them and their families there to DIE after we skiddadle is a great plan..

Don't think you understand the commitment some of these folks made to help US when we were in their country. Many are the security, translators, local politicians, and informants that helped our military operations there. And now they are hunted and their families are threatened. Abandoning them would send a message that if you ASSIST the US in any of our overseas operations -- that you will be left on your own when we leave.

If you want to make our sucky foreign policy WORSE and get LESS cooperation from the more moderate and western leaning in the region --- leaving them and their families there to DIE after we skiddadle is a great plan..

Prove that any of these refugees did anything for the United States.

Prove that any of these refugees did anything for the United States.

I NEVER blow smoke on a message board. I worked in Intelligence for about 7 years and know how this goes. It happened with Vietnam, It happened in the Balkans, and lately there are 10s of Thousands of protected status refugees eligible from Iraq, Afganistan, Somalia and other places we've had "boots on the ground"...

Don't need to show the GENERAL agreements -- but here's a memo from the Dept of State PRIORITIZING these type of people above all others..

Iraqi Refugee Processing Fact Sheet

In identifying Iraqi cases for referral to the USRAP, UNHCR and DOS have been prioritizing 11 categories of especially vulnerable refugees, including individuals who are affiliated with the U.S. government and religious minorities, among others.

Iraqi refugees may gain access to this program through referrals from UNHCR, a U.S. Embassy, or certain NGOs. In addition, Iraqi nationals who worked for the U.S. government, a U.S. contractor, or a U.S.-based media organization or NGO, and their family members can apply directly to the USRAP in Jordan, Egypt and Iraq without a UNHCR referral. Iraqi applicants will also be considered for resettlement if an eligible family member applies on their behalf in the United States by filing Form I-130, a Petition for Alien Relative.

Last edited:
BTW --- providing shelter for those who HELPED us in Iraq and Afghan is so vitally important -- it shows how UNPREPARED the Turumph is to be making those stupid sweeping statements about "halting Muslim immigration". It ain't that easy. And we have TWO meglomaniac power whores running for Prez that want US to think it is -- that simple..

Forum List

Back