President Obama sides with citizens infuriating Dicators and Republicans.

Today President Obama made it clear that Libyan Dictator Qaddafi could no longer slaughter citizens seeking an end to his 42 year rule which infuritated Despots, Dictators, Theocrats, Terrorists, American Conservatives and Republicans.

I guess when President George W. Bush was talking about democracy "flowering" in the Middle East..this isn't exactly what he meant.
So are the Democrats the "War Mongers" now?

Democrats/Liberals lately have a tendancy to fight wars that stop genocides..like WWII and the Balkans.

Republicans/Conservatives general like to punish and inflict high amounts of civilian casualties like in Iraq.

Remember it was Nixon that sprung Conservative hero and murderer Lt.William Calley..and Oliver North who supported the nun raping Contras was a stooge of Ronald "The Treasonous one" Reagan.

My uncle flew bombing raids on German cities that had no military there whatsoever.

So are the Democrats the "War Mongers" now?

Democrats/Liberals lately have a tendancy to fight wars that stop genocides..like WWII and the Balkans.

Republicans/Conservatives general like to punish and inflict high amounts of civilian casualties like in Iraq.

Remember it was Nixon that sprung Conservative hero and murderer Lt.William Calley..and Oliver North who supported the nun raping Contras was a stooge of Ronald "The Treasonous one" Reagan.

My uncle flew bombing raids on German cities that had no military there whatsoever.

What's your point?

You going to go on about the firebombing of Tokyo? The firebombing of Dresden? The atomic attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

War is the worst possible solution to settle differences. It's a nasty business. There are rules and protocols that must be followed...but if a city is producing resources for the military..it's a target. Simple as that.

You left Vietnam off your list.

Vietnam was a mess made by both ideologies. One of the reasons I consider Johnson to be one of America's worst presidents was his escalation of the Vietnam conflict. It was an awful and terrible thing to do.

oh for god sakes:lol: .... so we are not into parties anymore becasue that won't work,now its all about ideology, ideology I might add that pulls the levers as they are the ideology in power, Kennedy and Johnson were Dems, live with it......thats a poor dodge.

Last edited:

:lol: Nope, but maybe I need to make it clear I was just referring to the last sentence.

That group is not upset?

Really?

They were pretty pissed when Mubarak was given his walking papers.

No idea about the group. I was speaking personally. I am struggling to understand how a significant portion of Republican sentiment seems to be kicking Obama for this decision, which I would have thought was closely aligned with traditional Republican values.

The man's a scumbag, he's using his army to attack and oppress his own people, and there's a UN mandate to act. It's always a big decision to put the military in harm's way, but I think it's the right decision. I don't think you should change your stance on this based simply on whether the White House is blue or red. There seems to be some of that going on here.

You left Vietnam off your list.

Vietnam was a mess made by both ideologies. One of the reasons I consider Johnson to be one of America's worst presidents was his escalation of the Vietnam conflict. It was an awful and terrible thing to do.

oh for god sakes:lol: .... so we are not into parties anymore becasue that won't work,now its all about ideology, ideology I might add that pulls the levers as they are the ideology in power, Kennedy and Johnson were Dems, live with it......thats a poor dodge.

What dodge?

President Johnson made remarkable strides in the cause of civil rights. Aside from Vietnam he was a great President. However..I can't excuse the slaughter that took place there.

And I notice that you have seemed to excuse Eisenhower and Nixon..

What's your point?

You going to go on about the firebombing of Tokyo? The firebombing of Dresden? The atomic attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

War is the worst possible solution to settle differences. It's a nasty business. There are rules and protocols that must be followed...but if a city is producing resources for the military..it's a target. Simple as that.

My point is that your blanket statements "Republicans/Conservatives generally like to punish and inflict high amounts of civilian casualties like in Iraq" are absurd.

It was the Bush administration that set the ROE in Iraq to NOT bomb civilian areas.

What's your point?

My point is that your blanket statements "Republicans/Conservatives generally like to punish and inflict high amounts of civilian casualties like in Iraq" are absurd.

It was the Bush administration that set the ROE in Iraq to NOT bomb civilian areas.

And yet..there were a high amount of civilian casualties..

Go figure.

What's your point?

Ooh. I didn't realize he'd made that comment. Must have missed it. And yes, it is absurd.

What's your point?

Go figure.

You seriously think that one side of the political spectrum likes to kill civilians?

What's your point?

Go figure.

Your premise that high civilian casualties were caused by Republicans in general is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Disgusting. These are our soldiers.

You seriously need to distinguish between the people doing the fighting and the people giving the orders.

The military takes it's orders from the civilian government. For the most part..they don't have a choice.

Go figure.

Your premise that high civilian casualties were caused by Republicans in general is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Yeah..it is.

It was a stupid thing to do. Invading Iraq.

But there it is..thanks to Republicans.

Today President Obama made it clear that Libyan Dictator Qaddafi could no longer slaughter citizens seeking an end to his 42 year rule which infuritated Despots, Dictators, Theocrats, Terrorists, American Conservatives and Republicans.

I guess when President George W. Bush was talking about democracy "flowering" in the Middle East..this isn't exactly what he meant.

Yeah I had the same thoughts when protesters were being killed in Iran.:eusa_whistle:

Go figure.

You seriously think that one side of the political spectrum likes to kill civilians?

I seriously think that one side of the political spectrum puts the interest of business and profit over human lives. While they may not "want" to kill civilians..that's generally what happens.

Yeah I had the same thoughts when protesters were being killed in Iran.:eusa_whistle:

And?

Go figure.

Yeah..it is.

and so was Vietnam..oh wait, you gave yourself an out. blaming it on overall ideology....:rolleyes:

Go figure.

Yeah..it is.

What was the Senate vote on that in 2002, again?

Oh, yeah, here it is....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

Meet the new boss.....

Forum List

Back