President Trump BOLDLY walked up St. John's Church with a Bible in his hand.

I just no longer have words for this, so I'll ask three very serious questions:

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Second, what was the point of that, what was his goal?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

You Dems seem to really get hung up on the definition of “is”. In this case it was contracted, but you should still be able to understand that.

:confused-84:

“It is a Bible”.

Why are you so confused about that statement?

What makes you think I'm confused about that statement?

And do you really think I don't see you're trying to put me on the defensive so you can avoid answering my questions?

Like most obedient Trumpsters have done on this thread?

Well you started a thread about it and asked several questions about a very short statement.

But since you are a retard, I can explain it for you. Some reporter asked a question, “Is that your Bible?” He responded “It’s a Bible”, meaning it doesn’t belong to him.

His “goal” was to answer the reporter’s question.

Now, are you still confused?

Okay, so you answered a question I didn't ask. I know you're doing your best.

Are you done now? Please get this out of your system, it's boring.

Yes, I’m done making you look like an idiot.

You can keep raving about it now.

I imagine there are a lot of REAL Christians who are insulted and ashamed after that stunt.

Look racists and bigots like you will never understand that its more important to be concerned about the burning of the church rather than a man holding a Bible in front of it.

Because your opinion is bullshit and sucks.

Another 4th grade level argument fr om a predictable source.

Look skippy if you can't debate just say so. No reason to confrim it with your reply.

Aww. You didn't care for my criticism. I'm bent in a plethora of ways. I said I wouldn't cry.
:CryingCow:

Damn. Oh, now I remember: When I believe there's actual debate, I can debate quite well, thank you. Also, how about you eat shit, princess? :04:

I am not surprised you cried. That's the usual leftist response when things don't go their way.

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Trump held up a symbol

This is also a symbol>

american-flag-internal-halyard.jpg

so is this>

nazi-640x400.jpg

it is no more or less than a symbol, with it's validation in who represents it and how , not the other way round

hopefully i'm not coming across to symbol minded

~S~

Trump held up a symbol

This is also a symbol>

american-flag-internal-halyard.jpg

so is this>

nazi-640x400.jpg

it is no more or less than a symbol, with it's validation in who represents it and how , not the other way round

hopefully i'm not coming across to symbol minded

~S~
psst....

Don't tell anyone....

But this thread is really about Trumpsters, not Trump. And they haven't disappointed.

Shhh....

:cool-45:

I imagine there are a lot of REAL Christians who are insulted and ashamed after that stunt.

Look racists and bigots like you will never understand that its more important to be concerned about the burning of the church rather than a man holding a Bible in front of it.

Look skippy if you can't debate just say so. No reason to confrim it with your reply.

Aww. You didn't care for my criticism. I'm bent in a plethora of ways. I said I wouldn't cry.

Damn. Oh, now I remember: When I believe there's actual debate, I can debate quite well, thank you. Also, how about you eat shit, princess? :04:

I am not surprised you cried. That's the usual leftist response when things don't go their way.

Everything is going my way, Karen. Coming up roses, just like you, bud! :04:

We already went through your gender confusion. No need to put yourself through that embarrassment again.

We already went through your gender confusion. No need to put yourself through that embarrassment again.

What a weird fucking comment from an apparent sexual deviant. Shameful.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross Bible.”

And this observation appeared in John Thomas Flynn’s As We Go Marching, published in 1944:

But when fascism comes it will not be in the form of an anti-American movement or pro-Hitler bund, practicing disloyalty. Nor will it come in the form of a crusade against war. It will appear rather in the luminous robes of flaming patriotism; it will take some genuinely indigenous shape and color, and it will spread only because its leaders, who are not yet visible, will know how to locate the great springs of public opinion and desire and the streams of thought that flow from them and will know how to attract to their banners leaders who can command the support of the controlling minorities in American public life. The danger lies not so much in the would-be Fuhrers who may arise, but in the presence in our midst of certainly deeply running currents of hope and appetite and opinion. The war upon fascism must be begun there.

So, using that logic, if I post pictures of Biden with a flag and/or going to church, you will disavow him as a possible fascist?

LOL!! Just kidding. I know you didn't mean anything by your words.
I know you're smart enough to understand what that quote said. Playing dumb isn't going to further an argument with me.

My point was not about pretending to misunderstand your point, but to point out that your point is not limited. You make no distinction between any religion or patriotism and the religion and patriotism that would be "Fascism".

Why, based on your previous post, are you not concerned about the use of religion and patriotism by Dem candidates as you are when Republicans do it?

What a weird fucking comment from an apparent sexual deviant. Shameful.

You are the deviant here, apparently with no memory. Already tried your projective Karen routine, didn't work.

Now go fuck yourself.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross Bible.”

And this observation appeared in John Thomas Flynn’s As We Go Marching, published in 1944:

But when fascism comes it will not be in the form of an anti-American movement or pro-Hitler bund, practicing disloyalty. Nor will it come in the form of a crusade against war. It will appear rather in the luminous robes of flaming patriotism; it will take some genuinely indigenous shape and color, and it will spread only because its leaders, who are not yet visible, will know how to locate the great springs of public opinion and desire and the streams of thought that flow from them and will know how to attract to their banners leaders who can command the support of the controlling minorities in American public life. The danger lies not so much in the would-be Fuhrers who may arise, but in the presence in our midst of certainly deeply running currents of hope and appetite and opinion. The war upon fascism must be begun there.

So, using that logic, if I post pictures of Biden with a flag and/or going to church, you will disavow him as a possible fascist?

I know you're smart enough to understand what that quote said. Playing dumb isn't going to further an argument with me.

My point was not about pretending to misunderstand your point, but to point out that your point is not limited. You make no distinction between any religion or patriotism and the religion and patriotism that would be "Fascism".

Why, based on your previous post, are you not concerned about the use of religion and patriotism by Dem candidates as you are when Republicans do it?

Because she is blithering communist loser who wants your wallet for her welfare bucks. We should never have given these Karens the right to vote. Biggest mistake in the entire history of US.

The quote was total nonsense, president Trump is the most pro freedom president we have had in ages.

Meanwhile Antifa is attacking people on our streets for political goals. You should take note who are the fascist, and who is on the side of Americans and freedom in the equation. Anyone with IQ over 65 has realized it a long time ago.
Fascists just want power. They've only got one "side" -- their own. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but don't consider the beam that is in your own eye? I believe there is truth in the quote I put up. It says IT IS HOW IT WILL START. I offered it as a warning, not an accusation. There are dark forces at work in our country and it is our job as fair minded citizens who love our country to continue to stand for freedom and equality for ALL our people, to show decency and respect for all human beings.

My feelings toward Trump aren't as extreme and as hypercritical as a lot of the posters here; I try to see both sides and judge each incident on its own merits. But there IS, imo, an undercurrent here of militarism and an unwillingness to welcome a dialogue with his people who obviously have a BIG issue they want heard. What was Trump's reaction to the peaceful protests of Colin Kaepernick? Remember? FIRE THE BASTARD!
1591139819063.png

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like he got caught using a Bible as a prop, and blew off the question.

Why are you acting like that is a big deal?

I believe we're allowed to start threads that are not a "big deal" if we choose.

But I've gotten pretty much what I was expecting, so it's been a good thread.

Good thing I don't need anyone's approval.

Of course you are allowed to do it. I asked WHY. And you shockingly, did not answer.

Do you remember when I pointed out to you, that the end of talking left only violence as a way of addressing conflict?

The reason for starting the thread is obvious. To see If and how Trump supporters defend actions that OP deemed inappropriate. The real question is why people enter the thread and avoid answering simple questions.

1. am I the only one that answered the question?

2. The obvious answer is that they don't expect their answers to be treated seriously or honestly. Especially as Mac1958 admitted that he does not pay attention to what people say,when they "talk".

You are one of the better more on topic trump supporters to converse with. Read through the thread and 90% completely avoid the topic. So why even join the conversation? To distract? I believe that’s called trolling. I agree with some
Of what you said. Trump used the church and bible as a prop. I don’t think he is sincere or cares about Christian values more than the fact that he has political support from the group so he will pander to them.

I don’t agree that he was trying to calm the nation. Somebody from his admin probably proposed the photo op and he thought it would make him look good. But on the other side he is perpetuating the Conflict through what everybody knows is divisive Partisan rhetoric and extreme actions to flex his muscles and appear to be a tough guy

"Pander" is just spin. He has no political enmity with the Religious Right, that way liberals like Hillary, or Biden does.

He is willing to work with them, and they are wiling to work with him. Nothing wrong with that. If it seems wrong to you, you need to check your assumptions.

What is the most extreme thing he has supposedly done to " perpetuate" the conflict?

Pander is an accurate description. Donald Trump in his own accord with no incentive would never stand in front of a church with a Bible. It’s unnatural and phony. But he did it because he thought it would play well politically. Yes all politicians do that. But to tear gas a peaceful protest to get this photo op and politicize they church and religion is a new low beyond normal political pandering

Nope. It's negative spin based on your feelings, not anything real about the facts of the situation.

What is the most extreme thing he has supposedly done to " perpetuate" the conflict?

You calling my comment spin is just as much emotional as me calling trumps bible photo pandering. So let’s stop with the petty belittling and stay on topic.

The worst thing Trump has done? That’s easy in my eyes... he pours gas on the fire. Blames and attacks and belittles and plays tough guy instead of acting with understanding compassion and trying to draw a sense of unity. A good leader would work towards the latter. But Trump is Trump and he’s got a campaign to win so he’ll stay in that mode

I don't recall saying anything about religion, and neither does the quote I put up.

I've already said I can see "tribes" forming on both extreme ends, people who want only their way and who have forgotten how to listen, throwing around ridiculous terms about one another. Fascism has not been accomplished in our country yet, but proximity warnings are beeping. And usually it begins by singling out a group that is scape goated for all the country's ills. Nothing like a good scapegoat to purge all those angry feelings, eh? That don't fly in the America I was raised to believe in.

Thanks in advance.

This is what Mac focuses on in the midst of riots, after church was burned.

You aren't getting any "answers" because you failed to show anything wrong. Good on Trump if he truly was there...

When Trump was asked what was his favorite verse he didn't have an answer. It's because he has never read the book. Either that or he couldn't find a verse directly about him.

/——-/ I’m Catholic and have never read the Bible. In school, I studied the Catechism. Neither do I have a favorite verse.

I'm a doctor but I've never actually been to medical school.

Ahhh quotas!

The worst thing Trump has done? That’s easy in my eyes... he pours gas on the fire. Blames and attacks and belittles and plays tough guy instead of acting with understanding compassion and trying to draw a sense of unity. A good leader would work towards the latter. But Trump is Trump and he’s got a campaign to win so he’ll stay in that mode

Yep. Exactly.

Because without Floyd's murder and the ensuing protests, we'd be talking about Covid-19, and 40+ million unemployed, and the Orange dunce doesn't have a clue how to deal with that, and he certainly cannot win on these issues. So, posing as a strongman, bible in hand (!), belittling and denigrating and criminalizing the protest while belittling and seeking to humiliate the governors, is the way to go. He doesn't really have a role in any of that (governors are the ultimate security authority in their states), but posing and creating a spectacle around himself, he can. If that enrages the protest even more, and prolongs it all, all the better, for we're still not talking about Covid-19, and 40+ million unemployed.

Yep. Exactly.

Because without Floyd's murder and the ensuing protests, we'd be talking about Covid-19, and 40+ million unemployed, and the Orange dunce doesn't have a clue how to deal with that, and he certainly cannot win on these issues. So, posing as a strongman, bible in hand (!), belittling and denigrating and criminalizing the protest while belittling and seeking to humiliate the governors, is the way to go. He doesn't really have a role in any of that (governors are the ultimate security authority in their states), but posing and creating a spectacle around himself, he can. If that enrages the protest even more, and prolongs it all, all the better, for we're still not talking about Covid-19, and 40+ million unemployed.
It will be interesting to see what happens in two weeks now that social distancing went out the window and herds of people are yelling, sweating and coughing all over eachother

There is no right to riot, no right to destroy others’ property ... but there is a fundamental — a Constitutional — right to protest, and I’m against clearing out a peaceful protest for a photo op that treats the Word of God as a political prop,'' said Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse.

A number of Republican Senators and Pat Robertson condemning Trump. That cant be good.

Forum List

Back