President Trump BOLDLY walked up St. John's Church with a Bible in his hand.

2. You say that a warning bell is "scapegoating a group". You offer no ideas of insight as to how we are to discuss problems or issues that are caused by or even more prevalent in one group, without being smeared by people like you, as "fascist".
Not everyone who is racist is fascist.

This is a simple definition of fascism:
a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

We are not there yet, and as my quote noted, it is not so much the leader himself we need to worry about, but his genius in being able to tap into the beliefs and emotions of the folks who follow him without question, no matter what.
View attachment 344976

Rising nationalism, more vocal white supremacists, the urge to forcibly suppress criticism, a leader who boasts about overstepping his Constitutional authority....and worst of all, propaganda that has convinced many that any facts they don't like are "fake."

I didn't offer up that quote to start a discussion on how to "fix" problems in the black community. If you want to discuss that, I know there are other threads to do it in. I offered that quote as a comment on troubling grumblings of fascism that have begun in this country. We learn history so as not to repeat it.

I asked you, seriously and honestly, in response to your point about "Scapegoating" and Fascism, how to distinguish between valid discussion of problems that might be caused by or associated with "groups" and said "scapegoating".

Nothing in your response answered that.

YOu did, again, make ominous and slanderous implications that those that are your political enemies are terrible people.

Wow. That was helpful.

Hey, do you ever worry, that when you smear large groups of people, like you just did, that you might ironically be "Scapegoating" them?

LOL!!!

are we supposed to reply to this?......

I'd rather you didn't. ;)
They can't handle the truth. I just watched Esper say he did know why they were going to the church. Yesterday he said that he DIDN'T. He is another f'n Trump Admin liar.

He knew the place was boarded up. What an idiot.
The clergy was handing out water for the protesters and ended up getting gassed. Watching that crap go down sickened me. The last straw with that immoral POS.

No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Donnie is doing his best Putin/ Erdogan murderous authoritarian act. No one should be the slightest bit surprised if he refuses to leave the White House on 1-20-21.

I just no longer have words for this, so I'll ask three very serious questions:

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Second, what was the point of that, what was his goal?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like he got caught using a Bible as a prop, and blew off the question.

Why are you acting like that is a big deal?

I believe we're allowed to start threads that are not a "big deal" if we choose.

But I've gotten pretty much what I was expecting, so it's been a good thread.

Good thing I don't need anyone's approval.

Of course you are allowed to do it. I asked WHY. And you shockingly, did not answer.

Do you remember when I pointed out to you, that the end of talking left only violence as a way of addressing conflict?

The reason for starting the thread is obvious. To see If and how Trump supporters defend actions that OP deemed inappropriate. The real question is why people enter the thread and avoid answering simple questions.

1. am I the only one that answered the question?

2. The obvious answer is that they don't expect their answers to be treated seriously or honestly. Especially as Mac1958 admitted that he does not pay attention to what people say,when they "talk".

You are one of the better more on topic trump supporters to converse with. Read through the thread and 90% completely avoid the topic. So why even join the conversation? To distract? I believe that’s called trolling. I agree with some
Of what you said. Trump used the church and bible as a prop. I don’t think he is sincere or cares about Christian values more than the fact that he has political support from the group so he will pander to them.

I don’t agree that he was trying to calm the nation. Somebody from his admin probably proposed the photo op and he thought it would make him look good. But on the other side he is perpetuating the Conflict through what everybody knows is divisive Partisan rhetoric and extreme actions to flex his muscles and appear to be a tough guy

"Pander" is just spin. He has no political enmity with the Religious Right, that way liberals like Hillary, or Biden does.

He is willing to work with them, and they are wiling to work with him. Nothing wrong with that. If it seems wrong to you, you need to check your assumptions.

What is the most extreme thing he has supposedly done to " perpetuate" the conflict?

Pander is an accurate description. Donald Trump in his own accord with no incentive would never stand in front of a church with a Bible. It’s unnatural and phony. But he did it because he thought it would play well politically. Yes all politicians do that. But to tear gas a peaceful protest to get this photo op and politicize they church and religion is a new low beyond normal political pandering

Nope. It's negative spin based on your feelings, not anything real about the facts of the situation.

What is the most extreme thing he has supposedly done to " perpetuate" the conflict?

You calling my comment spin is just as much emotional as me calling trumps bible photo pandering. So let’s stop with the petty belittling and stay on topic.

The worst thing Trump has done? That’s easy in my eyes... he pours gas on the fire. Blames and attacks and belittles and plays tough guy instead of acting with understanding compassion and trying to draw a sense of unity. A good leader would work towards the latter. But Trump is Trump and he’s got a campaign to win so he’ll stay in that mode

1. My pointing out that your "pandering" is spin, is not emotion based. It is an observation that your word choice is about putting a negative spin on completely normal political activity.

2. Trump is not the one pouring gas on the fire. THe anti-Trumpers, like yourself, pretending that he is a super villain or a nazi, are the ones who have been radicalizing the masses for the last 3 years.

2. If you don’t think Trump pours gas on the fire then you’re not living in reality. I can’t help ya.

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

I believe we're allowed to start threads that are not a "big deal" if we choose.

Of course you are allowed to do it. I asked WHY. And you shockingly, did not answer.

Do you remember when I pointed out to you, that the end of talking left only violence as a way of addressing conflict?

The reason for starting the thread is obvious. To see If and how Trump supporters defend actions that OP deemed inappropriate. The real question is why people enter the thread and avoid answering simple questions.

2. The obvious answer is that they don't expect their answers to be treated seriously or honestly. Especially as Mac1958 admitted that he does not pay attention to what people say,when they "talk".

You are one of the better more on topic trump supporters to converse with. Read through the thread and 90% completely avoid the topic. So why even join the conversation? To distract? I believe that’s called trolling. I agree with some
Of what you said. Trump used the church and bible as a prop. I don’t think he is sincere or cares about Christian values more than the fact that he has political support from the group so he will pander to them.

I don’t agree that he was trying to calm the nation. Somebody from his admin probably proposed the photo op and he thought it would make him look good. But on the other side he is perpetuating the Conflict through what everybody knows is divisive Partisan rhetoric and extreme actions to flex his muscles and appear to be a tough guy

"Pander" is just spin. He has no political enmity with the Religious Right, that way liberals like Hillary, or Biden does.

He is willing to work with them, and they are wiling to work with him. Nothing wrong with that. If it seems wrong to you, you need to check your assumptions.

Pander is an accurate description. Donald Trump in his own accord with no incentive would never stand in front of a church with a Bible. It’s unnatural and phony. But he did it because he thought it would play well politically. Yes all politicians do that. But to tear gas a peaceful protest to get this photo op and politicize they church and religion is a new low beyond normal political pandering

Nope. It's negative spin based on your feelings, not anything real about the facts of the situation.

You calling my comment spin is just as much emotional as me calling trumps bible photo pandering. So let’s stop with the petty belittling and stay on topic.

The worst thing Trump has done? That’s easy in my eyes... he pours gas on the fire. Blames and attacks and belittles and plays tough guy instead of acting with understanding compassion and trying to draw a sense of unity. A good leader would work towards the latter. But Trump is Trump and he’s got a campaign to win so he’ll stay in that mode

1. My pointing out that your "pandering" is spin, is not emotion based. It is an observation that your word choice is about putting a negative spin on completely normal political activity.

2. Trump is not the one pouring gas on the fire. THe anti-Trumpers, like yourself, pretending that he is a super villain or a nazi, are the ones who have been radicalizing the masses for the last 3 years.

1. The completely normal political activity as you call it is called pandering. Especially when a non religious guy who is acting in a way that goes against the teachings of a church, as stated on national TV by the arch bishop of that Church, uses force to go in from of the church to take a photo holding a bible. Yes that factual and yes that’s pandering.... yes that’s pathetic and yes that last one was my opinion

There is nothing about political support that implies that a religious group can only support or receive political support from a religious person.

SO, when you present that, as though it supports your argument...

what you actually did, was admit that you know that you have nothing to support your argument.

You hate the President. I suspect you aren't too fond of the Religious Right either. So, when you talk of their actions, you put a negative spin on it.

That is why you say "pander". That is all it means. YOu don't like them. It reflects on your inability to respect people you disagree with. It means nothing about them.

I don't get it.
1) He’s a fake Christian and you embarrassingly believe he is one.

2) He pushed for heavy force to clear the way to the church.

3) He posed for the cameras like a fucking idiot with a book he’s never read more than a page of.
Are you appointed by Jesus to decide who is and who isn’t a Christian?
No I’m just telling you he is lying. That’s it. It’s that simple. He makes up fake Bible verses when asked lol

But you're a pathological liar, a Marxist, and an Atheist. It would be stupid to listen to you.
Funny, that’s a pretty accurate description of how I see you... sub Marxist with douche bag but the rest is spot on

Comrade traitor, if I were a pathological liar, I'd be you're best bud. You scumbag Stalinists love lying.

So fuckwad, what are these fake verses that you vermin are lying about? Oh, and I'm not an atheist, I don't have enough faith for that shit.
I haven’t lied about a thing. I’d challenge you to quote me and show where I lied but I know you wont do it. I on the other hand will back up my claims and point to the easy and obviously lies you just told by calling me a Stalinist and a liar. Neither of which is true and neither of which you can prove.

it’s too easy to own you. Thank you thank you. I do accept tips.

I'd say the same to you, fuckwad. Show where I have lied? Ever?

Still, where are these fake verses from Trump that you jumped in on? Isn't that a lie? Aren't you bearing false witness because you have such hatred that you seek to damage the president regardless of all else?
I literally just showed two of your lies. Try and keep up sonnyboy.

I don’t know anything about verses. I Haven’t said anything about them.

You literally did not, fucking liar. Every indication is you are a Stalinist. Nothing on this forum disputes that you are Marxist totalitarian dedicated to the utter and complete destruction of basic human dignity and civil liberties.

You're an evil pile of shit, you know it, I know it, the board knows it.
Oops you just lied again. All you have to do is scroll up and see where I literally pointed out two of your lies 1. You called me a liar (post one of my lies to prove me wrong, you can’t) 2. You called me a Stalinist. Not true

your on a roll. Got any more lies you wanna fling out there. They are very easy to point out

Whoops, you're lying again. You slandered me, that isn't showing any lies.

Hey, you're a fucking evil pile of shit, a pathological liar - a democrat.
Don’t get mad because I’m owning you. I’d think you’d be used to it by now. I did call you a douche bag, thats my opinion as I had stated. You still have failed to call out anything I’ve lied about, while I’ve called out three of yours in this conversation alone.

Slade 3 - Douchebag 0

Oh, izatrite? :lmao:

And tell me sploogy, just exactly how you are "pwning" me?

You're a moron utterly devoid of fact and without a shred of integrity, but hey - Orange Man Bad, amirite?
Well I’m calling out specific lie after lie and you respond with empty insults that you can’t back up. That’s you getting owned.

More lies little vermin. You don't seem to grasp the meaning of basic words, such as "specific."

You really think vomiting out { I’d challenge you to quote me and show where I lied but I know you wont do it.} is listing a specific lie by me? Really? You are as stupid as you are dishonest.

Let's see if we can find common ground to communicate, something we agree on.

You're a fucking traitor waging civil war against the United States in an attempt to destroy the constitutional republic, individual rights, and establish a brutal Marxist totalitarian dictatorship.

Can we both agree that is a factual description?
A specific lie you told was calling me a liar. I know I haven’t lied so I’m very confident in that one. I asked you to show were I lied. You failed. You went on to tell Lies in almost every other post and I pointed them out. You called me a Stalinist, I’m not a Stalinist. You said I was planning a domestic terrorist act. I was not. You spew lie after lie which I specifically call out. You haven’t called out one of mine. You’re getting your ass owned in this one. You’re out of your league little boy

Thanks in advance.

Another thread started that is in the process of making a mountain out of a molehill.

I am an Atheist, but don't give a shit about him holding up the book in front of a burned church.

No lives were destroyed over it, nor anyone lost a job over it, nor break any laws over it, nor is it worth whining about.

Come on people GET A LIFE!

Thanks in advance.

1. The completely normal political activity as you call it is called pandering. Especially when a non religious guy who is acting in a way that goes against the teachings of a church, as stated on national TV by the arch bishop of that Church, uses force to go in from of the church to take a photo holding a bible. Yes that factual and yes that’s pandering.... yes that’s pathetic and yes that last one was my opinion

There is nothing about political support that implies that a religious group can only support or receive political support from a religious person.

SO, when you present that, as though it supports your argument...

what you actually did, was admit that you know that you have nothing to support your argument.

You hate the President. I suspect you aren't too fond of the Religious Right either. So, when you talk of their actions, you put a negative spin on it.

That is why you say "pander". That is all it means. YOu don't like them. It reflects on your inability to respect people you disagree with. It means nothing about them.

You took one piece of my argument and are trying to make it my entire argument. I see what you did there. Not very honest of you. I thought you were better than that. I listed more things than just the fact that he was a non religious man. I’m not going to engage with you if you keep playing games like this.

Another thread started that is in the process of making a mountain out of a molehill.
As far as I know, USMB does not require threads to be started on only the more pressing, critical or most important stories and issues of the day.

So, if an individual is not sufficiently interested in any given thread, they can just choose to ignore it and concentrate on other threads more to their liking.

As for me, the reactions and behaviors by obedient Trumpsters to this thread have been interesting, predictable and satisfying.

Fortunately, your approval is not required for that. If it is in the future, I'll make a point of approaching you for approval before I begin a thread.

They can't handle the truth. I just watched Esper say he did know why they were going to the church. Yesterday he said that he DIDN'T. He is another f'n Trump Admin liar.

The clergy was handing out water for the protesters and ended up getting gassed. Watching that crap go down sickened me. The last straw with that immoral POS.

No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Donnie is doing his best Putin/ Erdogan murderous authoritarian act. No one should be the slightest bit surprised if he refuses to leave the White House on 1-20-21.
wow, bringing a bible to a church is now authoritarian?!?!?!? you people a nucking futs

Thanks in advance.

I am an Atheist, but don't give a shit about him holding up the book in front of a burned church.

No lives were destroyed over it, nor anyone lost a job over it, nor break any laws over it, nor is it worth whining about.

He tear gased a peaceful crowd so he could take that photo. Dismiss it if you want but I think that shit should be called out as he continues to Mismanage his power and the responsibilities of his office

I was just thinking that. Could be a precursor to his failed attempt to lead.

Thanks in advance.

He tear gased a peaceful crowd so he could take that photo. Dismiss it if you want but I think that shit should be called out as he continues to Mismanage his power and the responsibilities of his office

The Media made that claim, the Park service claims it was SMOKE.

Your TDS hate is well know, that is why people like you try hard to magnify anything.

As far as I know, USMB does not require threads to be started on only the more pressing, critical or most important stories and issues of the day.

So, if an individual is not sufficiently interested in any given thread, they can just choose to ignore it and concentrate on other threads more to their liking.

As for me, the reactions and behaviors by obedient Trumpsters to this thread have been interesting, predictable and satisfying.

Fortunately, your approval is not required for that. If it is in the future, I'll make a point of approaching you for approval before I begin a thread.

Ha ha ha, you actually made my point.

:auiqs.jpg:

Thanks in advance.

The Media made that claim, the Park service claims it was SMOKE.

Your TDS hate is well know, that is why people like you try hard to magnify anything.

The reverend of the Church whom I’m close friends with made that claim on national TV. Doesn’t have anything to do with my feelings for Trump and nothing I’m saying is magnified

I don't get it.

"I don't get it."

we know.

and THAT is why you appear to be IGNORANT and a bit fkn stupid.

the main point is NOT that he brought a bible to a church.....

or....rather.....

the main point is NOT that a NONchristian who does NOT attend any church and has NEVER read the bible FORCED his way onto private church property, WITHOUT NOTIFYING anyone that he was coming and BULLIED and FORCED people out of the way, possibly using tear gas, just so he could LIE to YOU and rile YOU up by holding a bible he doesn't believe in.....

no

the MAIN POINT is that trump (and conservative jack booted government agents) SPIT on the constitution and FORCED his way onto private church property, WITHOUT NOTIFYING anyone that he was coming and BULLIED and FORCED people out of the way, possibly using tear gas, just so he could LIE to YOU and rile YOU up by holding a bible he doesn't believe in.

and THAT is why rational people think YOU are ignorant and STUPID!

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Thanks in advance.

I keep wondering who the hell is advising him on this stuff and if they are secretly plotting to get him to lose because he has the worst advisors in presidential history

I am an Atheist, but don't give a shit about him holding up the book in front of a burned church

I'm athiest too. But I can respect the Faith's of other individuals. Having the Orange Virus use faith and religion as a superficial political prop to deflect from his shit leadership sucks out loud to me.

Thanks in advance.

I keep wondering who the hell is advising him on this stuff and if they are secretly plotting to get him to lose because he has the worst advisors in presidential history

Trump makes his own decisions we’ve seen that time and time again. Yes, his advisers are pretty bad but he is much worse

Trump makes his own decisions we’ve seen that time and time again. Yes, his advisers are pretty bad but he is much worse

Probably true, although I can't imagine he came up with the Bible thing.

Forum List

Back