President Trump BOLDLY walked up St. John's Church with a Bible in his hand.

I don't get it.
hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/

noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
"his target was the hypocrisy of suburban life"
synonyms: sanctimoniousness, sanctimony, pietism, piousness, affected piety, affected superiority, false virtue, cant, humbug, pretense, posturing, speciousness, empty talk

I just no longer have words for this, so I'll ask three very serious questions:

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Second, what was the point of that, what was his goal?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

Was it a Bible he was holding or was it Elbib?

The funniest part was, when asked "is that YOUR Bible?", he responded "it's A Bible".

Well, maybe "funny" isn't the right word. But sometimes it's better to laugh right now.

Sounds like he is admitting that it is not his personal bible.

What part of that is noteworthy?

2. You say that a warning bell is "scapegoating a group". You offer no ideas of insight as to how we are to discuss problems or issues that are caused by or even more prevalent in one group, without being smeared by people like you, as "fascist".
Not everyone who is racist is fascist.

This is a simple definition of fascism:
a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

We are not there yet, and as my quote noted, it is not so much the leader himself we need to worry about, but his genius in being able to tap into the beliefs and emotions of the folks who follow him without question, no matter what.
1591196481178.png

Rising nationalism, more vocal white supremacists, the urge to forcibly suppress criticism, a leader who boasts about overstepping his Constitutional authority....and worst of all, propaganda that has convinced many that any facts they don't like are "fake."

I didn't offer up that quote to start a discussion on how to "fix" problems in the black community. If you want to discuss that, I know there are other threads to do it in. I offered that quote as a comment on troubling grumblings of fascism that have begun in this country. We learn history so as not to repeat it.

And if you believe that, I got a really kewel bridge and some swampland you'll LOVE!! ;)

Defense Secretary Mark Esper says he was given no notice before President Donald Trump led him and other senior administration officials to St. John's Episcopal Church for a widely criticized photo opportunity.​
"I thought I was going to do two things: to see some damage and to talk to the troops," Esper said Tuesday night in an exclusive interview with NBC News.​
Esper said he believed they were going to observe the vandalized bathroom in Lafayette Square, which is near the church.​
"I didn't know where I was going," Esper said. "I wanted to see how much damage actually happened."​

And if you believe that, I got a really kewel bridge and some swampland you'll LOVE!! ;)

Defense Secretary Mark Esper says he was given no notice before President Donald Trump led him and other senior administration officials to St. John's Episcopal Church for a widely criticized photo opportunity.​
"I thought I was going to do two things: to see some damage and to talk to the troops," Esper said Tuesday night in an exclusive interview with NBC News.​
Esper said he believed they were going to observe the vandalized bathroom in Lafayette Square, which is near the church. "I didn't know where I was going," Esper said. "I wanted to see how much damage actually happened."​

Actually he stated he thought Trump was going to address the Secret Service and the cops on the ground....but the cops had moved on by the time they got to the street so Trump went over to the church.....he is a great leader.....so suck on that....

Esper said he believed they were going to observe the vandalized bathroom in Lafayette Square, which is near the church.​
"I didn't know where I was going," Esper said. "I wanted to see how much damage actually happened."​

And that SOB is backpeddling. Was trying to wipe Trumps ass on why U.S. citizens were gassed and fired on. I saw drone video of Trump's goon squad hitting people with batons. The WH lies like no tomorrow.

And that SOB is backpeddling. Was trying to wipe Trumps ass on why U.S. citizens were gassed and fired on. I saw drone video of Trump's goon squad hitting people with batons. The WH lies like no tomorrow.

Yep, guess the lying bastard didn't hear the flash bangs and teargas screams during Donnie's screed in the Rose Garden.
Prolly couldn't afford to lose what few experts haven't quit already!

Oh look, now the lying bastard is REALLY backpedalling! :)

Yep, guess the lying bastard didn't hear the flash bangs and teargas screams during Donnie's screed in the Rose Garden.
Prolly couldn't afford to lose any more staffers.

Oh look, now the lying bastard is REALLY backpedalling! :)
I also saw a videographer getting hit with a baton. The clergy from the church also got gassed. I heard that was put together by Bill Barr. Way to go Trump.

are we supposed to reply to this?......

I'd rather you didn't. ;)
They can't handle the truth. I just watched Esper say he did know why they were going to the church. Yesterday he said that he DIDN'T. He is another f'n Trump Admin liar.

He knew the place was boarded up. What an idiot.
The clergy was handing out water for the protesters and ended up getting gassed. Watching that crap go down sickened me. The last straw with that immoral POS.

I just no longer have words for this, so I'll ask three very serious questions:

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Second, what was the point of that, what was his goal?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like he got caught using a Bible as a prop, and blew off the question.

Why are you acting like that is a big deal?

I believe we're allowed to start threads that are not a "big deal" if we choose.

But I've gotten pretty much what I was expecting, so it's been a good thread.

Good thing I don't need anyone's approval.

Of course you are allowed to do it. I asked WHY. And you shockingly, did not answer.

Do you remember when I pointed out to you, that the end of talking left only violence as a way of addressing conflict?

The reason for starting the thread is obvious. To see If and how Trump supporters defend actions that OP deemed inappropriate. The real question is why people enter the thread and avoid answering simple questions.

1. am I the only one that answered the question?

2. The obvious answer is that they don't expect their answers to be treated seriously or honestly. Especially as Mac1958 admitted that he does not pay attention to what people say,when they "talk".

You are one of the better more on topic trump supporters to converse with. Read through the thread and 90% completely avoid the topic. So why even join the conversation? To distract? I believe that’s called trolling. I agree with some
Of what you said. Trump used the church and bible as a prop. I don’t think he is sincere or cares about Christian values more than the fact that he has political support from the group so he will pander to them.

I don’t agree that he was trying to calm the nation. Somebody from his admin probably proposed the photo op and he thought it would make him look good. But on the other side he is perpetuating the Conflict through what everybody knows is divisive Partisan rhetoric and extreme actions to flex his muscles and appear to be a tough guy

"Pander" is just spin. He has no political enmity with the Religious Right, that way liberals like Hillary, or Biden does.

He is willing to work with them, and they are wiling to work with him. Nothing wrong with that. If it seems wrong to you, you need to check your assumptions.

What is the most extreme thing he has supposedly done to " perpetuate" the conflict?

Pander is an accurate description. Donald Trump in his own accord with no incentive would never stand in front of a church with a Bible. It’s unnatural and phony. But he did it because he thought it would play well politically. Yes all politicians do that. But to tear gas a peaceful protest to get this photo op and politicize they church and religion is a new low beyond normal political pandering

Nope. It's negative spin based on your feelings, not anything real about the facts of the situation.

What is the most extreme thing he has supposedly done to " perpetuate" the conflict?

You calling my comment spin is just as much emotional as me calling trumps bible photo pandering. So let’s stop with the petty belittling and stay on topic.

The worst thing Trump has done? That’s easy in my eyes... he pours gas on the fire. Blames and attacks and belittles and plays tough guy instead of acting with understanding compassion and trying to draw a sense of unity. A good leader would work towards the latter. But Trump is Trump and he’s got a campaign to win so he’ll stay in that mode

1. My pointing out that your "pandering" is spin, is not emotion based. It is an observation that your word choice is about putting a negative spin on completely normal political activity.

2. Trump is not the one pouring gas on the fire. THe anti-Trumpers, like yourself, pretending that he is a super villain or a nazi, are the ones who have been radicalizing the masses for the last 3 years.

1. The completely normal political activity as you call it is called pandering. Especially when a non religious guy who is acting in a way that goes against the teachings of a church, as stated on national TV by the arch bishop of that Church, uses force to go in from of the church to take a photo holding a bible. Yes that factual and yes that’s pandering.... yes that’s pathetic and yes that last one was my opinion

Forum List

Back